Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing

Go down 
+13
Matthnt
NSA Roca
Swan
Dr PiiHB
Raceboy77
bigdutyDMomoney
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
No1 Tommy Smurf
Zenrad
killerz2801
Tachyon Racing
SaintedPlacebo4
Admin/PredatorUSMC
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Would you like No Public Mic Racing
Yes. Great Idea
Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap36%Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
I would try it.
Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap23%Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Not sure, could be bad.
Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
No
Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
No Terrible Idea
Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Ummm, your the one who is extra defensive. I was simply stating a fact. We as in the other 48 average racers a week have an opinion as it relates to the FSCS because they race and practice in the series so WE would experience a difference with mic or no mic. YOU have not made a full race or a practice session that I know of so this thread has NO IMPACT on you. That is all I am saying. Trust me ummm BVR we all have a life, jobs, businesses to run, wives, families, chores, school, whatever. However, what I said was not offensive. If you took offense then maybe YOU have a guilt complex.

Now I must go prepare the qualifying results for the racers who attend the races and use their mics.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
Ummm, your the one who is extra defensive. I was simply stating a fact. We as in the other 48 average racers a week have an opinion as it relates to the FSCS because they race and practice in the series so WE would experience a difference with mic or no mic. YOU have not made a full race or a practice session that I know of so this thread has NO IMPACT on you. That is all I am saying. Trust me ummm BVR we all have a life, jobs, businesses to run, wives, families, chores, school, whatever. However, what I said was not offensive. If you took offense then maybe YOU have a guilt complex.

Now I must go prepare the qualifying results for the racers who attend the races and use their mics.

For the record I had in quite a few of practice sessions (primarily for LM though), and the one race I did finish I couldn't photograph and wouldn't be able to now or in the future anyways (hoping I never lag out again for dear life).

Sorry if I took offense to it, I'm rather used to that being an issue here in particular is all.

And FSCS is not the only races I have ever been in, hardly and far from the truth. I know what it's like. It may not have an impact on me in the short run, but- well let me put it this way, I'd make a greater effort to get to someone's house and play if it meant helping out/trying this out, simply because I voted yes (like the majority of people apparently did).

I think the key point is really the second line though. :C
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Everyone just stop. Swan is an Expert. One day we should all be as good as he is. His wit and definitive driving techniques makes him a true champion before he even starts a practice lap. We are all blessed with his tactful criticism. Thank you Swan!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:00 pm

The inner workings of his mind are an enigma. ...

Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Tumblr_lxpybn6LNH1qcb41po1_500
Back to top Go down
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:16 pm

killerz2801 wrote:
Everyone just stop. Swan is an Expert. One day we should all be as good as he is. His wit and definitive driving techniques makes him a true champion before he even starts a practice lap. We are all blessed with his tactful criticism. Thank you Swan!

You know, things like that are pretty much why these kinds of conflicts always happen. You know, I'll take it as a compliment. I've turned a new leaf of pacifism. Thank you Killer, that's farfetched but you flatter me. Smile

And yes, brain, enigma, skurry stuffs o.o Like the Twilight Zone. Only with cars.

Actually going back on what Killerz was saying, it's not entirely false. Winning a season doesn't make a champion. Selling your soul to every race, being on poll or getting in A Lobby, that does not make a champion. Having fun, despite the odds and despite the haters and doubters, that makes a champion. Anyone can win and be the biggest 'male vagina' in the world, that is easy. We're all champions. (Except for the actual champion, they're FSCS winners o.o) Smile

Repent! Repent! XD
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:27 pm

.... But a trophy is what really counts... if you're not first you're last! YEEEEE-HAWWW!!!

Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5AuOM1EMS8b6q-fIAuVhY_Fkro4UOx1Y3ZfGPk9G99iCuxB_3
Back to top Go down
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:49 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
.... But a trophy is what really counts... if you're not first you're last! YEEEEE-HAWWW!!!

Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5AuOM1EMS8b6q-fIAuVhY_Fkro4UOx1Y3ZfGPk9G99iCuxB_3
No matter how much time I put in, quite frankly I doubt I'll ever be able to steal the cup from Raceboy and some of the champions.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:08 pm

BVR Swan wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

No matter how much time I put in, quite frankly I doubt I'll ever be able to steal the cup from Raceboy and some of the champions.

Anyone who tries, puts in the time, and wants to get better and learn can do well. How about you start by making a race? Or joining the practice sessions? Show up on somewhere other than the forums?
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:16 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
BVR Swan wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

Anyone who tries, puts in the time, and wants to get better and learn can do well. How about you start by making a race? Or joining the practice sessions? Show up on somewhere other than the forums?

that is true anyone who puts in the effort can become good and thats the only way you can find out if you can win a championship or not is by putting in the effort to learn the car, the track and improve your ability.

Swan if you want to challenge for the championship you need to practice and improve yourself for instance it has taken me 2 seasons of racing here to get me to the point that I have the opportunity to actually challenge for the championship (which I will admit the car has helped a fair bit), which I do admit I did not think I would be in that position any time soon.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 pm

My rookie season i made A room a handful of times, and now I understand the car better and the track better. Experience has gotten me faster. One season cut off over 2 seconds from my times last season. I think a season in ST for development is needed based off what has been seen. You wont win the championship. Your goal should be top ten in points in ST after next season, and then go from there. GT is too much for a beginner in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Very true. You have to put in the time to get better.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 am

This is exactly why I posed this question. I appreciate everyone weighing in on the subject.

I will not be FORCING anything except the rules being followed.

I race in car and the only info I have up is the distance marker. I am always aware who is in front and behind me. I watch the car in front of me a long ways up as I am coming up on them. When I get to them I know where I can get beside, underneath, around them based upon the deductions made the previous corners in pursuit of the racer I am intending to pass GS or GT. I myself don't use the mic during the race and usually turn it off after about lap 3 once everyone is past the initial start. I have learned by racing many of you who I can do what with and who I cannot. As I am sure the same can be said about me. We all have different tendencies.

I want us to all improve...I like the idea of either no restarts (UNLESS LAG RELATED), or no Mics. Many I think use the restarts as a crutch to be extra aggressive at the start. I don't know why we couldn't just start the race and go. Always someone trying to do too much in the first turn or two. I often wonder if we had no restarts would racers be forced to think that extra second before they try something super risky on lap 1. No restarts MAKE a racer drive more realistically.

I think the mic is good but like I ALWAYS say there are a lot of variables that we must deal with that real racers do not and others that they deal with that here we do not. We have racers with several different views available, on screen aids, controller, wheel, tv size, sound quality, hell even personal vision...all play a part in on track awareness, ability, tactics, and speed.

EDIT IN: I do want to add this in....We are racing and in racing accidents do happen. I hope we all are AWARE of that. If someone does hit you it is not personal (that i know of) There is no reason to go off the deep end cussing someone out, and just generally making matters worse. A cooler head on track is always better.

I again do appreciate the thoughtful talk on the subject matter.

OH ok. That's a little different. I thought "no public mic" meant that no one would have one.

I'm actually perfectly OK with allowing a team to use party chat, or an individual to turn off their mic completely if they would prefer it.

As a little, not-so-scientific experiment, I've tried not calling out any passes during practice or the race. Of course, as a GS driver, I don't have to make nearly as many passes as a GT car. However, at Mugello, I drove off the track in turn one, sending me to the back of the pack, so I made more passes than I have in any other race as I made my way back up to second in the B lobby. I have to say, I was very impressed with everyone's awareness. I did not have any issues, and certainly no contact.

I think Roscoe would have been hurt the worst in that race if someone was not in the lobby chat because he had the wing glitch. He could not see much out of his rear-view mirror, so he very reasonably asked people to call out their passes on him. Anyway, just a little food for thought for anyone who decides not to use the lobby chat. You may not hear or be able to share information which will help both you and the other drivers on the track to have a safe race.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:13 am

i have also found less over all lag when mics are not used....dont know why but not one person has laged out of the ifca seris
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:19 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
i have also found less over all lag when mics are not used....dont know why but not one person has laged out of the ifca seris

There room grids are not full. The most I have seen in my brief racing history with them is 12 racers in a room.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:32 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:

There room grids are not full. The most I have seen in my brief racing history with them is 12 racers in a room.
very true but have you seen lag?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing   Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Concept No Public Mic Racing
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3