Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences

Go down 
+9
AAR WolfPack
Ruptured Duck77
Dr PiiHB
Raceboy77
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
killerz2801
No1 Tommy Smurf
Hiredgun308
Kamikaze1414
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamikaze1414

Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Empty
PostSubject: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Hey everyone.

I will once again be heading this up for Season X. After every race and once the Pred's race recap has been posted, I will send out Private Messages to each class's winner and hard charger.

Help me out this season. Last season I had to cut this short since I did not have enough drivers respond. Without your help, I cannot write these up.

So let's have a good Season X and for the class winners and hard chargers, expect to get some messages during the week.

Thanks everyone,
Kamikaze

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Glad its back it adds a nice touch to to series.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:37 pm

me to glad its back certainly makes interesting reads
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 am

The first Post-Race Press Conference will be posted tonight. For the drivers that I have sent messages, I will be checking them at around 7:00pm CST before I do a write-up. Any messages sent after that time I will try to add them into the Post-Race Press Conference at a later point or I will add them in as a separate interview.

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:44 am

This is an AWSOME addition to the series. Wasn't sure if I needed to be more PC or just try to stir the pot lol
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:01 pm

I also have always enjoyed your iterviews glad to hear there back
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 pm

i think i've answered every one, i hope the others do the same because they're awesome to read and entertaining to see and answer Smile
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Moderator: "After a great race here today at the Sebring International Raceway, I would first like to congradulate the winners of each class as well as all the racers for a relatively clean and fast-paced race. Today we have the top three drivers from each class joining us here today as well as the CEO of the Forza Sports Car Series. Welcome to today's session. We will go ahead with our normal question and answer session at this time with a thirty minute time limit. Without further ado, reporters, you may begin."

Reporter 1: "I would like to direct this question to our CEO. After coming up with the idea late in Season 9 and seeing the amount of attention it gathered, are you surprised that the SPEC class had such a low turnout?"

CEO of the Forza Sports Car Series: "I am completely astonished. For many seasons I have fielded several request for a SPEC class where there was nothing left but tune to adjust. What better way to do a SPEC class than with the ever so popular SPEC Miata class so widely recognized? I was fairly confident there would be at least fifteen to twenty racers to register in this class. To see only six was disappointing."

Reporter 1: "What can be done to increase the turn out or will the SPEC class have to be dissolved into ST?"

CEO Of the Forza Sports Car Series: "Well, I am getting a little help from IFCA Information Officer who is trying to raise awareness of the SPEC class with his podcast. I also have tried to raise awareness amongst other racers to garner support for the SPEC class. As for dissolving the class, it would be unfortunate but after some thought, we will dissolve the SPEC class if by Wednesday night there are not at least eight to ten entrants for Road Atlanta. With less than that it's just not a viable class to move forward with."

Reporter 2: "To continue with the SPEC class, I would like to direct this question to the three SPEC class racers that we have in attendance today. Do you feel that the SPEC cars held up to the series's standard of good racing in comparison to the other classes?"

Raceboy77: "When mixed into the ST field, it created some great challenges and battles."

Avcracy: "If the series had more people, I believe competitive racing would have been absolutely guaranteed. But with the four people we had, it didn't seem as competitive. We were too strung out, in my opinion."

AAR ABEnstein: "I disagree. The class does not do this, but I can't criticize the creator of the class for that one. I enjoyed the race, but I know that more drivers need to get involved in the class in order for the class to get a true reading on the quality of the racing."

Reporter 3: "This question is for Raceboy77 about the SPEC class. You cut through both the ST and SPEC class fields despite starting behind most of the cars at Sebring Sunday. Do you feel that the SPEC class is where it needs to be or is there something you would like to see to improve the SPEC class?"

Raceboy77: "I think that the only problem with SPEC, as mentioned before, is the turnout. If there was a large turnout, such as the other classes, then SPEC would be a pretty awesome class and it would be even more interesting and challenging when mixed into ST."

Moderator: "We can take one more question about the SPEC class but I would like to move the questions forward from the poor turnout. As you can see, there is quite a concensus that a larger turnout is needed."

Reporter 4: "I will direct this one toward Avcracy about the race incident with CitizenS0ldier3. Can you tell us what happened with when you and CitizenS0ldier3 collided early on in the ST/SPEC race?"

Avcracy: "At the beginning of the race, I was just trying to follow my teammate into the corner so we could work together. He tried going into the corner too early and I wasn't prepared. I bumped the back of him, sending him around. Completely my fault."

Reporter 5: "To change the discussion over to the ST field in the first race, I will direct this question to Hiredgun308 and PredatorUSMC. With neither SVT No Brakes and SaintedPlacebo4 here to discuss the seemingly unstoppable power of the Japanese imports, I ask you this: Can the American muscle or European tuners hold their own to compete with the Japanese imports?"

PredatorUSMC: "Oh, absolutely. Those new FR-S's will be strong cars. Toyota and Subaru outdid themselves with that car. The season has just begun though. It's gonna be interesting to say the least and my BMW is such a balanced car I am very confident that the competition will be close."

Hiredgun308: "I disagree for the American muscle cars. There is going to have to be some restriction taken off them to compete with the imports. They're lighter, handle better, and have more speed."

Reporter 6: "Do you two believe that the ST class as competitive as it was in Season 9 or has the adjustment period taken over causing the field to become more reflective of the spread out racing seen in GT/GS?"

Hiredgun308: "I think it just as competitive, just a few cars are dominant right now. It will come into check after a few races."

PredatorUSMC: "Yes it was. The racing was very close. There were a couple of drivers that pulled away and a few that damaged one another and fell back but for the most part it was good racing. Just like GT/GS racing, it was extremely close."

Reporter 7: "Speaking of the GT/GS racing, I would like to swing the discussion over to the GS driver to killzer2801. With Season 9 showing that your Corvette had great winning form, how much more do you need to do to the car to help bump the car a few more spots and give Ezt Gambit a run for his money?"

killerz2801: "What really hurt last season was not running the entire season. Hard to make up missing the first three races of the season and only racing two others in the Holden HSV GTS. With four wins last season I believe that the car is there. With the addition to two very talented drives within the Section 8 garage, the sky is the limit. The team is continuing to try new tunes, and set-ups to see if we can squeeze anymore out of the Bacardi Corvette. Overall the team and I are very happy with the direction we are heading in and we will definitely be giving Ezt Gambit a much more difficult challenge."

Reporter 8: "I noticed that the eight of the top ten drivers were in American-made cars. For all of the GS drivers, do you believe that American-made cars have taken over GS or will the European and Japanese cars catch up down the line?"

killerz2801: "It's funny that you ask us this question. Last season you asked how I felt about being one of the few drivers with an American Car, and now look. I believe they have the equipment and the drivers to make it happen, but only time will tell."

(*Fire alarm rings in the press conference room*)

Moderator: "Alright, everyone exit the building. It seems that the alarm has gone off. Please calmly make your way to the nearest exit."

For those wondering what happened to the GT side of the Post-Race Conference, it is coming. I just decided it would be an interesting break since the fire alarms went off here at NIU. Part two will be up in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Moderator: "Well, it looks like everything has calmed down after the fire alarm. I see almost everyone has made it back and SaintedPlacebo4 has joined us from his hauler to join us. Welcome. We'll pick up where we left off. As a reminder to the drivers, the question asked was about American-made cars and their numerous entries in GS versus those of European or Japanese cars. SaintedPlacebo4, would you be so kind as to continue the session?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "Could I hear the original question please?"

Reporter 8: "The question was if you believed that American-made cars have taken over the GS category or if European and Japanese cars could make a resurgence."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I don't think it's that big of an issue. One of my main worries going into this race was the horsepower difference. 450 or so horsepower compared to 598hp is quite a scary gap due to the differences between American-made cars and the rest of the field. I am looking to capitalize on the cornering ability of my car and stay ahead that way. Last season my meager 415 horsepower taught me to stay patient."

Reporter 9: "Since we could not get to the GT drivers before the interuption, I would like to ask some questions for the GT drivers. I had a question for RR Rowdy Burns, but it seems he was one of the drivers that did not make it back after the fire alarm. Instead, I pose this question to PredatorUSMC: With your in-depth knowledge of the Ferrari 458 Italia, how much of your time is put into your own car versus those of your teammates or GS sister team Angry Apex Racing?"

PredatorUSMC: "With the 458 I am at a point where I have tunes for nearly every track. Even then, when I tinker it, the changes are very minor. I have the car where its predictable and feels good to me. I help my GT teammates whenever they ask. Luke is somewhat of a loner so I have only helped him a tune a couple of times. Hannibal is new so I will see what he needs each week. My sister team in GS is primarily in the hands of Sainted as the team principal. However, I will help them with anything at any time with their Ferrari's."

Reporter 9: "How about you Raceboy77? How much easier is it to test and prepare cars for the tracks in the Forza Sports Car Series schedule by running the Ferrari F50 again this season after such a dominating performance in Season 9?"

Raceboy77: "Although I'm not trying to figure out a new car, it will be a bit more challenging this season with the restrictions on my car. I look forward to the challenge and hope to have a similar season as the last one."

Reporter 10: "With a target on your back, do you worry that other teams will work together to try to bring you down this season?"

Raceboy77: "My team often helps others with their own cars too so I'm not worried about teams working together. I always feel that everyone's gunning for me so I'll always try to do my best to keep in front."

Reporter 11: "PredatorUSMC, are you or any other racer going to be able to slow down Raceboy77's performance to keep the win counter from racking up as it did in Season 9?"

PredatorUSMC: "I think he will have his hands full. Season 9 the competition was there for RB77, he just manages to be so consistent that we as the other GT racers have to rise to his level. I think GT is going to be a spectacle of competition this season."

Moderator: "With the fire alarm coming on, we lost a lot of time. This question will be the last question."

Reporter 12: "This question is for all of the drivers who are still here. My question is: What part of Road Atlanta will be the 'make-or-break' section of the track that drivers will have to overcome if they want to see a top 5 or better finish next Sunday?"

PredatorUSMC: "Turns One through Five. Being consistent, and clean through there will be huge. However Turn Twelve can be a heart breaker and must be respected. I paid the price there last season. I had just gotten past RB77 and went wide on Turn Twelve and got a lil' damage to the car and RB77 said bye-bye."

AAR ABEnstein: "Turn One is a big one. Last time around, I got a 5th place finish in ST, and I think Turn One will be the place where drivers must be consistent."

Raceboy77: "I'm going to say it's gotta be the downhill esses section. That section is always a killer if you slip up but if you can fly through there, you're set."

Avcracy: "I agree with the esses. Those esses hold a lot of speed. If you don't handle too great going through there, you're not going to be able to hold with the group."

SaintedPlacebo4: "For me its the decent down the essess and Turn Five. If I nail that section I'm looking good. I hope to return to the podium again next week in at least one class but we will have to wait and see."

killerz2801: "I think the important message here is practice, pratice, practice. That's the only way you can be sure that you don't mess up any part of Road Atlanta."

Moderator: "With that, I believe that this session can come to a close. Thank you very much racers and we will see you in Braselton."
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 5:58 am

great read....
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:48 am

really cool. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:00 am

Gah I love these things. Always great to read. Good job.
Back to top Go down
killerz2801

killerz2801

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:06 am

Can't wait to see the post race conference for Road Atlanta (Hotlanta!). Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:59 pm

I've got all of the interviews collected. I will be posting the interview tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ruptured Duck77

Ruptured Duck77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Ah crap....been so busy with work I forgot about it!
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Moderator: "I want to welcome everyone to the post-race conference here at Road Atlanta. We have had a long day of racing, so I want to extend a thank you to the drivers for coming here and answering our questions when they would probably want to be in their haulers getting sleep and resting. Now I am sure that our reporters have a lot of questions, so let us get underway."

Reporter 1: "Quick question for the CEO of the Forza Sports Car Series. I am sure that the other reporters as well as the fans of the series want to know why the heavily talked about SPEC class was dissolved this week."

CEO of the Forza Sports Car Series: "It was actually an unfortunate but easy decision to make. With only four active drivers and possibly five or six by Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, it just was not a viable class. Hopefully next season the SPEC class will have a stronger field of racers."

Reporter 1: So does this mean that there will be another attempt at the SPEC class next season or will we see a different class come about in its place?"

CEO of the Forza Sports Car Series: "That is correct. The SPEC Miata class will run next season. I will add this, however. I would be interested in seeing a SPEC Porsche class for next season."

Reporter 2: "This question is for Raceboy77. Despite having to change from the Mazda MX-5 to the Scion FR-S, you do not seem too bothered by the switch and have continued your success. Are you disappointed that the SPEC class was dissolved or happy to be rejoining your fellow ST drivers?"

Raceboy77: "I'm pretty disappointed that the SPEC class was dissolved but there's not much we can do about it. The turnout was simply not there. It's a shame but I'm glad to be running ST with a large field now."

Reporter 3: "You and SVT No Brakes seem to have good success in the Scion FR-S. Both of you took your respective Scions flag-to-flag at both Sebring and now here at Road Atlanta. Is the Scion the perfect car for every track or are you having to really work with the car to pull these fast times?"

Raceboy77: "Personally, I was driving the wheels off of it to stay out front. The finish was closer than any I've had in the FSCS but I managed to hang on. The car is great, though, and I look forward to racing it for the rest of the season with a very strong team accompanying me."

SVT No Brakes: "The FR-S is a great car because it's extemely light, so even with low power it is still quick on the straights. Although on speed tracks we will have to run perfect laps to keep up with some of the guys with a hundred-plus more horsepower.

Reporter 4: "As we have seen in the past, speed is not the key at Laguna Seca. CitizenS0ldier3, you have heard from the Scion guys. They know their car is good, but what about yours? Do you think you will have trouble with your Mustang, a car not known for its grip?"

CitizenS0ldier3: "After taking the car to Laguna Seca, the Mustang was slow at the start. We've tuned the car and it has now improved and will be a front runner. That is for certain."

Reporter 5: "I do not think that Raceboy77 is too worried about this, but for you, SVT No Brakes, and you, CitizenS0ldier3, is there a worry that the addition of the cars and drivers from the dissolved SPEC class will hinder or crowd the track making for more danger in the ST race?"

SVT No Brakes: "I dont think there will be any noticable difference since so few people were running in SPEC."

CitizenS0ldier3: "I don't think it will lead to more danger, but maybe closer racing. I just drive and do the best I can. I was really surprised at how much fun and competitive the the ST race was at Road Atlanta."

Reporter 6: "I think we saw the danger in the GT/GS race, anyway. For DTM Sn1p3r, we saw that you had a poor showing at Sebring with a DNF. With a win here at Road Atlanta, through some skilled driving and good collision avoidance, do you think you can make up the difference in the points and put yourself into contention for the GS title?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "I will do everything I can to come back for the drivers and team championship, but we shall see."

Reporter 7: "To follow up with that, I would like to swing this question to Ezt Gambit. With your win at Sebring as well as a solid one-two finish by you and your teammate DTM Sn1p3r, you must be feeling very confident with these last two weeks. How much did you and your teammate talk to get both of your cars in such great shape?"

Ezt Gambit: "We practice together at least 3 times every week."

DTM Sn1p3r: "That alone helped us both take the first two spots."

Reporter 7: "I am sure that you will both be working hard together to get your Saleen ready for Laguna Seca. Is there any worry that the Saleen, a Mustang derivative, will have issues with the tight turns at Mazda Raceway?"

Ezt Gambit: "Its acceleration makes it possible to run some fast laps, but it will be hard to stay consistent."

DTM Sn1p3r: "Definitely fast yes, but as Gambit pointed out, not constant."

Reporter 8: "We got Ezt Gambit's take on this last week, but what do you think about the exorbitant number of American muscle cars showing up to take the grid each week? Is this a new trend in GS or just a phase that will pass?

DTM Sn1p3r: "I don't know about any trends. I took this car because it's just my favorite. Maybe others did the same."

Reporter 9: "American muscle does not seem to have the same favor that it does in GS. There were a lot of complaints about the Corvette during the Road Atlanta race. The LSA, you drive one of these Corvettes. What are your thoughts about all the negativity?"

The LSA: "From my experience, horsepower is the only problem with this car. The issue comes up on tracks that have twisty sections followed by long straights: you work your butt off to catch up, but because the other cars aren't too much slower through the corners, they just rocket off down the straight again. A lot of the time you're stuck behind someone in the corner and there is no way around them. And, although the car is very good at cleanly diving under another GT car and holding it through the corner, most of the time the other GT car gains so much ground that there's just no point. It's very frustrating, and I think that's why people are complaining. However, the car handles very well, is very fuel-efficient, and adapts to every track somewhat easily. I have found ways to work around the straight-line disadvantage, but it does take a lot of work."

Reporter 9: "Thank you for that insight."

Reporter 10: "I guess we can see the problem with the Corvettes, but, at least with Raceboy77 behind the wheel, the F50s do not seem to share this problem. After taking the first two races, Raceboy77, do you think you can go three-for-three?"

Raceboy77: "I think I have a good chance at it and I know that I'm going to try my best to do it. Looking back at last season, the two competitors that were able to beat me around this track moved down to GS so it should be interesting to see who steps up to keep up with me."

Reporter 11: "Speaking of keeping up, PredatorUSMC, you had some trouble holding on at Road Atlanta, nearly slipping into fourth. What happened out there?"

PredatorUSMC: "I had the car to win the race, the car was dialed in. I simply let the pressure get me off my game. I was driving in my mirrors way to much when Raceboy was behind me and it was causing me to not hit my marks and run good, solid laps. Then late in the race, I had a GS car try to get out of the way as I was about to pass but he effectively went right into my path to go around him and we collided, hurting the front aero on the Ferrari pretty severely. From there I was struggling to run laps two seconds slower. That's how I fell to third, and damn near fourth."

Reporter 6: "That was the danger I was referring to."

Moderator: "Do you have a question or was that just a comment? Because if you do not have a question, we will need to wrap up here."

Reporter 6: "Quick question for all the drivers about Mazda Raceway. Which is worse, the slick conditions and hot track or the Corkscrew?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "The Corkscrew."

Ezt Gambit: "Definitely the Corkscrew."

Raceboy77: "The biggest danger on this track has to be the Corkscrew."

SVT No Brakes: "Especially if you go off. You will lose many positions if you go off."

PredatorUSMC: "The other drivers are right. The Corkscrew is bad but so is the hot, slick track."

CitizenS0ldi3r: "This track can bite you. There is a lot of run off if you make a mistake, but the kitty litter on the side of this track slows you down a lot if you stray into its path.

Raceboy77: "Hey, why do you have to call it "kitty litter?"

CitizenS0ldi3r: No reason. Anyway, I enjoy the Corkscrew, it makes things interesting but it can be a trouble spot if you lose focus. Overall this is a fun track with not a lot of danger involved."

Raceboy77: "I'm going to get you for that "kitty litter" comment..."

Moderator: "Anyway, thank you drivers for coming. We will see you out there at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca... Raceboy77, you cannot have your cat use CitizenS0ldier3's car as a litter box!

(Mic screeches. Audio cuts out.)
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:08 am

Woof woof im coming for ya this weekend RB77 >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 3:24 pm

i'm sorry but lol chitizen, we'll see. i have no practice coming into this race and i'll be qualifying and putting my first laps down about an hour before the end of qual so we'll see :p. nice write up though <3
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Sorry for the late post everyone. I didn't have Internet connection last night so I didn't have a chance to post this. Anyway, a bit late, but here is the Post-Race Recap for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

----------------------------------------

Moderator: "Welcome everyone to the Post-Race Press Conference here in Monterrey. I know everyone has had a long day and you guys are waiting to unwind so thanks for taking some time out to answer our questions. Now before we begin..."

(AAR ABEnstein bursts through the door)

AAR ABEnstein: "Sorry I'm late!"

Moderator: "Um... You are fine. We have not started yet."

AAR ABEnstein: "Oh, sorry for the interruption then."

Moderator: "Alright. I see that we should probably get started then. Our first question please."

Reporter 1: "Mr. CEO, with the large number of tire issues on race day, what has the Forza Sports Car Series done to prevent such issues from occurring again?"

CEO of the Forza Sports Car Series: "We have done some research to find out if there was anything that could be done to resolve the previous issue and we are pretty confident that it should not happen again. Hopefully that is the first time and the last time anything like that happens."

Reporter 1: "Was it just a bad compound that was used or were the tires just too soft for the temperature and wear that the tires were experiencing?"

CEO of the Forza Sports Car Series: "Because Laguna Seca has been know to be such a low grip track, we had the tire supplier provide us with an extra soft compound. They said the compound would be a little less durable due to the softness but would last at least twenty-five to thirty laps. So in ST there were no tire problems. In GT with the higher horsepower cars putting more G-loads on the tires which is why we had a catastrophic failure of the tires on many of the cars. This was a lesson for both the series and the tire manufacturers that would not like to experience again."

Reporter 2: "Speaking of the ST race, SVT No Brakes, you are riding high atop the standings. Any concerns about the Scion going into race four at Bernese Alps?"

SVT No Brakes: "I'm not worried about the car not being able to preform, it handles pretty well. Bernese has always been a tricky track. I've done really well in practice before being wrecked early in the race or I'll wreck a lot in practice and run clean for the whole race so it will be a surprise on Sunday."

Reporter 3: "A quick question before we continue. With Matthnt so close in points right now, do you look for him out on the track or try to keep up with where he is constantly?"

SVT No Brakes: "I don't look for anyone in the field unless its say Nurb. Until that point I just run my own race."

Reporter 3: "This is for AAR ABEnstein. With you running the Opel for two seasons in a row, have you worked out how to beat your opponents on speed-focused tracks like next Sunday at the Alps?"

AAR ABEnstein: "No. I know I build the car for handling tracks, so I may have a disadvantage. I've never raced this track before as last season I sat out due to an injury, forcing me to miss this race. Also, I will have to practice before the other drivers get out on the track since I have little time this weekend. I won't know how I compare until race day."

Reporter 4: "With that, I will send this next question to SaintedPlacebo4. From what we saw on the track, you were among the drivers having issues with your tires. How difficult was it to battle through the tire issues and hold on to the lead?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "Well, after finding out the hard way that our tires weren't up to par with what we are use to, we had to go by the motto "less is more." More coasting and less aggressive corner entry helped us keep our tires together long enough to make it to the end in decent shape."

killerz2801: "Decent shape? You managed to still win despite having tire issues."

Reporter 5: "That actually brings me to my next question for you and DTM Sn1p3r. What did you guys do differently that kept your tires from blowing out like some of the other competitors?"

killerz2801: "The Section 8 crew worked really hard on keeping the tire temps down in race trim. Also this course is very easy to "overdrive," so as driver I took advantage of others mistakes and mishaps."

DTM Sn1p3r: "We did not push the car too much and I kept the car consistent and still relatively fast, helping us get past some of the issues other racers were facing."

Reporter 6: "Can you make up the DNF from Sebring at this rate and pose a threat for the GS championship?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "I will try. That is all I can say at the moment."

Reporter 6: "What about you killerz2801? Do you think the points gap between you and first will be hard to make up for at this point?"

killerz2801: "After this race I am only 22 points behind first, and seeing that I am very comfortable at the Alps, I'm not overly worried. I'll just be sure to capitalize on Gambit's mistakes as much as possible."

Reporter 7: "This one is for Raceboy77, Mr. Consistency. Your dominance has won you three races in a row, something you have done in multiple seasons. Can you break the Forza Sports Car Series record and win four in a row?"

Raceboy77: "I don't believe I will be able to get my fourth win this weekend. On this track, other cars shine well above my talent and car mix. I'll do my best but I think it'll take a miracle to beat out some of those Corvette drivers."

Reporter 8: "And from the man who let him get three-in-a-row, PredatorUSMC. I am only kidding about that, but you did start on the pole, not have tire issues, and did not have to battle from the middle of the field. How did Raceboy77 manage to get by you?"

PredatorUSMC: "To be perfectly honest I am super thrilled that I got second at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. I have never done well here. I could never really find that "it" that I needed to be a contender there. The two week prep time really helped me immensely. I found a good consistent line and the car felt good. I ran consistent 1:26.8 to 1:27.2 nearly every lap with not a tire ever leaving the track. As for Raceboy77, I know he feels the heat because he is not dominating. Many of us are breathing down his neck."

Reporter 9: "For all of the racers, what problems will our first street course dish out that the drivers will have to overcome this week to be successful?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "The biggest issue on any street course is the transitions from surface to surface. A smooth line is a necessity."

SVT No Brakes: "Not hitting the wall."

killerz2801: "I agree. The key thing with this track is car set-up and staying off the walls. One missed apex and it will end your race."

Raceboy77: "Yes, definitely the walls. Lots of people are going to be smashing into them since they're so close to the track. Stay off them and you'll have a good run."

DTM Sn1p3r: "For some cars like the Saleen, handling will be a big challenge on this street course."

PredatorUSMC: "The speed is deceptive, the walls are deadly, and the view is delightfully distracting. The drivers are gonna have to focus every corner of this race for fifty laps."

AAR ABEnstein: "As the other drivers have made clear, this is not the typical street circuit. Unlike tracks like Long Beach and Monaco, the Bernese Alps track has major elevation changes, and sweeping corners. Maintaining speed will be the biggest challenge."

Moderator: "Final question please."

Reporter 10: "Is there any worry about the cold temperature or snow having any effect on the cars and racing lines?"

SVT No Brakes: "No."

Reporter 10: "Well, it is clear that he is not worried."

killerz2801: "I think what he means is that the track officials have been very good in the past on keeping the track cleared of snow and ice. We will just be overly mindful if the weather forecast to make sure nothing will change during the race."

AAR ABEnstein: The forecast for Sunday is heavy rain, so I think we might have to worry about those pesky avalanches should the snow melt at the wrong place."

Raceboy77: "Being from Canada, I don't think it'll affect me. Others who are used to warmer climates may have some trouble."

PredatorUSMC: "Or you just have the know-how to deal with the cold and high elevation. Predatory Racing has been here so many times that it isn't an issue either."

SaintedPlacebo4: "Even with good data, we have almost lost ourselves a few cars as we hit some ice patches hidden in the shade near the tunnel. Scary business."

Moderator: "Well, hopefully there will not be any of that next week at Bernese Alps. Thank you drivers for coming out here today and good luck next week."
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Just a quick update everyone. The Post-Race Press Conference will not be up until Saturday night. I'm sorry for the delay but I've been on the road for most of this week and haven't really had time to get questions out. Tomorrow is a light travel day so I should be able to send questions out to the racers and be able to put them together for the reading on Saturday. Once again, sorry for the delay but I just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Always good, and worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:36 am

Adds depth to the series, great stuff bud
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:02 am

One more quick update. The top three racers from each class should check their inbox's. Despite the time, and I do apologize for how late the questions are getting out, I have sent the questions.

Also, thank you for the kind words. I do my best to get good quality stuff out but it is really thanks to your responses that allow me to put out this content.

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:33 am

Just got back home at around two in the morning. The Post-Race Conference will be going up now after typing it out. Sorry for the delay guys but at least it should be a good one.

--------------------------------------------------

Moderator: "Welcome racers and reporters to the Post-Race Conference at Bernese Alps. After a cold and somewhat miserable day, at least we can all gather in here where it's warm and get this done. Reporters, let us start the questions."

Reporter 1: "I think we all know what the biggest story here is: vV SCIENCE Vv breaking Raceboy77's three-win streak. vV SCIENCE Vv, it has been a while since you have been on top, how are you feeling right now?"

vV SCIENCE Vv: "Having mixed feelings, actually. The Corvette was the car to beat at this track, so yes it feels good to win but it wasn't unexpected. Whenever you can go into a race weekend with a shot at winning you're optimistic, last season I missed races for personal reasons and we just weren't competitive. So it's good to be back."

Reporter 1: "And Raceboy77, what about you? After three dominating weeks in GT, you have finally been dethroned. What is your take?"

Raceboy77: "I was hoping for at least a podium but I didn't have a great race. I didn't expect to win so I wasn't surprised at that but it's sad not getting a podium. You can expect me to bounce back though, hopefully in a big way."

Reporter 1: "Good to hear."

Reporter 2: "Despite not coming first in GT, you did place first in ST. What is your opinion on the level of competition between GT versus what you see in ST?"

Raceboy77: "There's lots of competition in both classes, both are very close and tough racing. I didn't think I could hold on to the win in ST but I got a bit of luck when Matthnt started falling off pace."

Reporter 3: "Speaking of winning in ST, we have seen your team, Toybaru Racing dominate the class by taking the first four races between you and SVT No Brakes. I think I am asking the question that all of the ST drivers are thinking, can you be stopped?"

SVT No Brakes: "There's no way we will win every race this year."

Raceboy77: "I'm in agreement with No Brakes. I don't think we can pull off every race but I do believe we will win many more."

Reporter 3: "Then where will the Toybaru Racing win streak end? Next week at Sedona or possibly one down the line?"

SVT No Brakes: "I think this week at Sedona we could see a new winner. I don't like this track but I haven't done any laps yet, so I don't know if the cars are good here or not."

Raceboy77: "If not here, then definitely Le Mans. I don't believe we have the speed to take the top spot for that race."

Reporter 4: "What is your take Matthnt? Can you take them down next week at Sedona?"

Matthnt: "Not sure really. The Dewalt Fusion is pretty good everywhere and my car was working well in the draft. I can use that at this track. I won't have the one lap qualifying speed but the race pace should help me try to fight for the podium. Maybe the top step, we will see."

Reporter 5: "If one of you had to guess who will come out on top, who would you guess would take the victory Sunday?"

Matthnt: "Truthfully, those FR-S guys should pull it off."

Reporter 5: "And what are the thoughts from the 'FR-S guys'?"

Raceboy77: "I think it's a toss up. There are many fast drivers with great cars. Whoever makes the least mistakes and can carry a good pace will have a good shot at the win."

SVT No Brakes: "Wait until race day and find out."

Reporter 6: "killerz2801, I would like to switch over to GS and start with you. You won this week in the highly praised Corvette. What is your take on today's win?"

killerz2801: "I knew after a few test sessions earlier in the week that it was my race to lose. The Corvette takes very well to this track. In all, myself and the rest of the team knew this was going to be a very good week for us."

Reporter 7: "There was some back and forth between you and Matthnt after the race Sunday. Have you put that behind you or is there still some tension?"

killerz2801: "I don't feel like this is resolved. I tried talking to Matthnt after the race but I couldn't get him out of his hauler. The Section 8 drivers have been rubbing fenders with the Never Lift Racing Ford GT's for quite some time now. With a battle between our Corvettes and their Fords unfolding, I guess the fans got the Chevy-Ford rivalry that they wanted."

Reporter 7: "And Matthnt, care to share your thoughts on this matter?"

Matthnt: "Each race is it's own. I'm not going to carry anything over."

Reporter 7: "Leave the talking out and let the cars do the talking. That is one way to deal with it."

Reporter 8: "There was some controversy with your car in the GS class as well, SVT No Brakes. I have a report from race officials saying that you, quote, 'jumped the start by a little over a second.' Any truth to this?"

SVT No Brakes: "I heard the go and I went. Nothing more to say on that."

Reporter 9: "Whew. After hearing the GS interviews, I think I will pull it back down to a happier note. vV SCIENCE Vv, you think you can help me out?"

vV SCIENCE Vv: "Sure, what do you have?"

Reporter 9: "Like someone pointed out earlier, there was a lot of talk that the Corvettes were going to be hard, if not impossible, to beat. You seemed to prove that right, or was there more to that win then just the Corvette?"

vV SCIENCE Vv: "It's one of those tracks that anything could happen from traffic to losing focus. Either one could have easily cost me the race. Or like last season, I was running up front and my wheel malfunctioned. From what I saw, the Mosler could have been tough to race against if he had the race his qualifying time showed he was capable of."

Reporter 10: "PredatorUSMC, I know you have been sitting quite quietly since we started. How about a question for you?"

PredatorUSMC: "Go ahead."

Reporter 10: "You noted last week that the Corvettes were going to be strong. Was there anything you, or anyone else, could have done to have taken them off of the top spot?"

PredatorUSMC: "Well, their cars were strong here. I was surprised that one of the guys, who I figured would have come in and run strong and probably up front, didn't show. The LSA, who was on pole last season and had a steering link failure take him out early, had been talking for the longest about this season and Bernese Alps. He failed to make the race. Then of course there was OFB who partied too hard the previous night with a few snow bunnies and was not able to perform... On track I mean. As for beating Science, I am happy he finally got another win. I did my best but was not able to keep pace with his 'Vette."

Reporter 11: "No1 Tommy Smurf, you have also been quiet today. Care to take a question?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "Sure."

Reporter 11: "This is your first podium of the season as well as your first podium in GT, if I am not mistaken. Was there a bit of learning curve after making the jump from GS to GT?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I would say there is a learning curve on both managing the traffic and how different the car handles compared to the Aston Martin from last season."

Reporter 11: "Speaking of the cars you have raced, how is the Maserati doing? Have you figured out how to tame it?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "The Maserati is a handling car. It has been very impressive and I have been improving in both how I drive it and how I tune it. For now, I have been able to alter and reduce its understeer tendencies. I am expecting further improvements on the handling front when we figure out where we can remove more weight without hurting the car and how to adjust the current suspension and braking system currently in place."

Moderator: "Just to give everyone a quick update, there are storms coming in and we will have to get moving soon to get off of the mountain in time. Reporters, I would like to have the drivers field one more question and then have everyone quickly pack it up and get off before we get buried here. It would be a shame for the drivers to miss the next race due to a snow storm."

Reporter 12: "In that case, drivers, what track are you looking forward to that is to come later in Season 10, not counting Le Mans or Nurburgring Nordschleife?"

PredatorUSMC: "I am looking forward to the trio of Mugello, Road America, and Camino Viejo X. Three tracks in a row so different from one another but each presenting its own challenges and great venues to race on."

vV SCIENCE Vv: "I'll have to agree with Pred in that I'm looking forward to Mugello as well. I can't wait to redeem myself there this season. I was in a good position to win that race when my wheel locked up on lap four. If there's ever a track that the 'Vette feels at home besides the Alps, it's Mugello."

Matthnt: "I'm excited to go back to Catalunya. That's always a fun track."

Raceboy77: "I'm looking forward to Motegi. We haven't raced there before and I enjoy the track. It should be interesting."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I am looking forward to Nurburgring GP Circuit, because it's a track I very much know and love to drive around. I am just hoping I do a good showing this season."

SVT No Brakes: "Doesn't matter to me. I'll take any of them on."

killerz2801: "Same. I'm just taking the tracks one week at a time for now."

Moderator: "Alright. Let us pack it up. I am not looking forward to becoming an icicle. See you guys next week at the much warmer Sedona Raceway Park."

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:06 am

Very nice read. Thanks again for putting together another great interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences   Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season X Post-Race Recaps and Conferences
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next