Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pirelli World Challenge

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KikRox268

KikRox268

Pirelli World Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:54 pm

I've been wanting to run a Pirelli World Challenge replica series for a while now and I've finally got all the information I need to run it, but for right now I just wanna gauge interest in a series such as this. The format will be that closely to the FSCS, in that it will be multi-class racing. The PWC consists of 4 classes but I will only be focusing on 3: GT, GTS, and TC. All races will use flag conditions (really the only flag condition will be yellow flags, green flags, and checkered flags). There will be a total of 14 rounds spread across 9 tracks for the season, some tracks will have multiple rounds run consecutively. All races will be in a sprint format, lasting no longer than an hour each round. Due to the PWC running 55 minute sprint races there will be a end race timer after the first GT car crosses the finish line. This is for multiple reasons: (1) To speed the end of the races up; (2) To try to keep the races within the 55 minute sprint time; (3) To allow damaged cars to be able to continue to race unless otherwise deemed unable aka 100% engine damage or flipped over, both of which will go down as a mechanical failure and result in a DNF. A website is up and coming and if you have any questions on any of the specifics please feel free to ask. Hopefully if I can get enough interest I can get this started within the month or so. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 am

There are a few of these out there. They are fun to run in. I'm sure yours will be also, but if you want my opinion. run tcb also. No one is doing that and I have built all cars in each class including tcb and I would say tcb gives the most competitive. Plus they are a blast to zip around in.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:46 am

I'll run it if there are enough drivers to fill the class. If you would like you can either gift me the builds for them so that I can have them and help me test them or give me your test results. The VTS sheets for those cars are non-existent on the PWC site and the Appendix A, at least for me, is hard for me to understand as far as fitting the builds from the sheet to Forza. Just let me know. I would love to run TCB alongside TC like it's meant to be, but that will take some scheduling because all 4 classes on one track might be a HUGE handful.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:53 am

When I get internet again I'll be glad to helpyou out. I had to wing the builds also for them. I'm not sure how you are balancing the cars. It seems that you already have them done but just going with a straight build matching the real life builds doesn't always work. Especially with this series. The cars are very different once you transfer it to forza. Any help you need just pm me and I'll do what I can to help from here but any direct help will have to wait until internets get hooked up.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:00 am

yea I'm going off the straight builds from the series, but I'm testing them as well to see how they transfer to Forza and close...or not close they might be, but with the gear ratios that the PWC runs installed into the cars they aren't that far off from each other, so testing is looking good. Also I'm not afraid of cutting certain cars from the list if need be. Should have the finalized GT car list up by tonight and the website should be up and running by the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 am

Cool. Sounds like its going to be good. Good luck man, I hope it turns out good for you.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks. I hope to see some of you Nein Shieza boys out there as well.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: SEASON SCHEDULE   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Season 1 Track List:

Round 1 & 2 - Streets of St. Petersburg - Twin Ring Motegi East (34 Laps)

Round 3 - Long Beach Grand Prix - Silverstone International (TBD)

Round 4 & 5 - Circuit of the Americas - Suzuka Full (TBD)

Round 6 & 7 - Belle Isle Grand Prix - Sebring Club Circuit (TBD)

Round 8 & 9 - Lime Rock Park - Iberion Full Circuit Reverse (TBD)

Round 10 - Streets of Toronto - Road Atlanta Club (TBD)

Round 11 & 12 - Mid-Ohio Race Park - Mazda Leguna Seca (TBD)

Round 13 - Sonoma Grand Prix - Infineon IRL Circuit (TBD)

Round 14 - Houston Grand Prix - Hockenheimring Short (TBD)

All tracks were chosen by either similiarity in track characteristics, track length, or both. Amount of laps will be filled in prior to season start. Race times coming soon as well.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Car List   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:11 pm

GT Car List:

2010 Aston Martin V12 Vantage

2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

2004 Ferrari F430

2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series

2005 Mecerdes-Benz SLR

2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

2010 Nissan GT-R SpecV

2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

2010 Volvo S60 R-Design

GTS Car List:

TBA

TC Car List:

TBA
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:03 am

website is up and running. if you're interested in joining, I have opened sign ups.

www.forzacrs.webs.com

Domain name coming soon
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:52 am

1st race is in 9 days for anyone interested in signing up.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:44 am

Qualifying for GT/GTS Rounds 1 & 2 and TC Round 1 closes this Thursday @ 10 PM PST / 1 AM EST. GT/GTS Race starts on Friday @ 7 PM PST / 10 PM EST and TC Race starts on Saturday @ 7 PM PST / 10 PM EST. Still accepting sign ups as well!
Back to top Go down
BLACKxxRAVENxx

BLACKxxRAVENxx

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:38 pm

May 30th is the start of the Pirelli World Challenge.... Friday is the start of the first two rounds for GT/GTS starting at 10pm EST/ 7pm PST. Then on Saturday is the start of the first round for TC starting at 10pm EST/ 7pm PST.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli World Challenge   Pirelli World Challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirelli World Challenge
Page 1 of 1