Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proposed Class Structure Season 11

Go down 
+15
AAR WolfPack
Dr PiiHB
oddball7000
Peader24
EZT Sabre
SaintedPlacebo4
vV Science Vv
NSA Roca
Sgt Tethras
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Kamikaze1414
Tachyon Racing
hannibaljazz 98
ClownNinjaUSMC
Admin/PredatorUSMC
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Vote on The Class structure Please
Have a P1 Class YES
Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap16%Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 9 ]
Have a P1 Class NO
Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap23%Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 13 ]
GTR Class @ 820PI - 850PI
Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
GTR Class @ 785PI - 800PI
Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap16%Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 9 ]
Have the CT Class Yes
 16% [ 9 ]
Have the CT Class No
Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 4 ]
Keep the Series AS IS
Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 57

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 11:42 am

Yeah that is true matt. If we run those at the same time we might as well just run single class so that the racing will be closer. If not its like running two separate races at the same time in forza 3. ONLY 8 CARS! Thats no fun.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:23 pm

CT is still under development. Not finalized yet.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
CT is still under development.  Not finalized yet.
Obviously but there shouldn't be any expectations that the CT class will actually race with and pass GS cars. The grip level difference is massive.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:54 pm

@matthnt, that's exactly what I want. The CT cars should not be able to corner on par with GS cars. When the class is finalized it will not be as quick down the straights. (Of course there will be exceptions)
Back to top Go down
Sgt Tethras

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 pm

So what would be a PIRS example of a racer winning in the GTR class and then getting a PI Hit?
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:31 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
@matthnt, that's exactly what I want. The CT cars should not be able to corner on par with GS cars.  When the class is finalized it will not be as quick down the straights. (Of course there will be exceptions)
With the class structure the way it is currently that won't be a problem. 2 of my CT cars can do high 1.26s at Road Atlanta and all the others I've built are doing low 1.27s. These times are right on par with some of my A class grip builds. Top speed you can't really control though unless you implement no add on forced induction for the CT class. Some of my cars are doing 185mph at La sarthe before the first chicane on the Mulsanne, which is pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:50 pm

What I remember that is about an average GS speed. Get more pi in them and they'll be walking my Caddy. It only hits about 194 with a good run to start the straight.

I know my opinion doesnt matter but CT cars with no aero and race tires would keep them slower in the straights and corners than GS. Starting pi at 600 would include tons of cars while limiting some of the more dominant cars (porsche 911, aston vantage, etc) while still allowing those manufacturers to race (caymen, older astons). Again I know it doesnt matter but I have a full Grand Am series built including the CT GS class and they are at 610pi on race tires and most are at stock power or close to it. I did a 610 simply to include the 911 body to match the series. Personally running sport tires would make them have loads of power and speed at 600 pi but a little harder to control and be bad for newer racers not used to having to push the cars as hard as we do here in the fscs. It could cause trouble on the track and for rookies looking for a place to race. I only say this because I like this series and would hate to see people leave because they dont like the first thing they try to drive and just walk away. This series to good and to much fun to fall apart over something like that.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks guys for the input. It is valuable and being taken into consideration.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:08 pm

@piihb 185 being average gs speed at le mans!??! you crazy? jocolor  Hahah no no. I have never gone faster than 172 in GS. Your car was above and beyond an outlier. The faster/speed cars in the class do 185. Handling cars do 165-175.

A CT base PI spec Lotus is faster on a straight than my 649pi 355. And im pretty sure the lotus would be the "slowest" in straights.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Remember that my last run there was last season. The caddy and astons were flying down le sarthe
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Those two cars are both crazy with top end though. Got to figure in that.
Back to top Go down
Abramsmech17

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:01 pm

yeah man last season i was hitting like 190 on la sarthe in my aston
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 pm

That just further solidifies how fast they would be compared to gs. They would out run everything.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
That just further solidifies how fast they would be compared to gs. They would out run everything.
they would out run on the straights, but then be slower in the corners. I would hope that they would be slower in the straights and in the corners when everything is worked out.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Hopefully. If not then it would be terrible to pass them. Going that fast in the straight and then half the speed in corners, that's like trying to pass a Cadillac. So annoying.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:39 am

Tethras, there are a couple of issues with the DTM/GT500 car grouping. Their straight-line speed is just slightly better than the GT2 cars that can currently be chosen in GT--and they get swamped by the street cars in GT on the straight. The GT1 group has enough acceleration to easily pass by the street cars, hold them off until the end of whatever straight, then also make the corner faster than the street GT cars.

The point that I'm getting at is that, if we run a DTM/GT500 group, it will have problems with lower-class cars, which is not very fun. Furthermore, the DTM cars need the extra tire width available to them to compete with the GT500 cars, rendering them helpless in the case that a not-as-fast driver decides to hop in a DTM car. My credibility on this issue is having developed a R2 group running multiple series' models myself and having raced the C6.R GT2 for the past 2 seasons. Also, the DTM cars compete well with the GT1 cars; which group dominates just depends on the track. Their lap times, however, are very close overall.

I think Pred hit the nail on the head when picking out classes to run.
Back to top Go down
Sgt Tethras

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:16 am

The LSA wrote:
Tethras, there are a couple of issues with the DTM/GT500 car grouping.  Their straight-line speed is just slightly better than the GT2 cars that can currently be chosen in GT--and they get swamped by the street cars in GT on the straight.  The GT1 group has enough acceleration to easily pass by the street cars, hold them off until the end of whatever straight, then also make the corner faster than the street GT cars.  

The point that I'm getting at is that, if we run a DTM/GT500 group, it will have problems with lower-class cars, which is not very fun.  Furthermore, the DTM cars need the extra tire width available to them to compete with the GT500 cars, rendering them helpless in the case that a not-as-fast driver decides to hop in a DTM car.  My credibility on this issue is having developed a R2 group running multiple series' models myself and having raced the C6.R GT2 for the past 2 seasons.  Also, the DTM cars compete well with the GT1 cars; which group dominates just depends on the track.  Their lap times, however, are very close overall.

I think Pred hit the nail on the head when picking out classes to run.
The first part of your statement would hold true only on straight line tracks (LeMans, Sebring, and Road America to an extent) Every other track is balanced out with way more turns in which the street GT cars will not be able to keep up unless you're like a Raceboy.

There is a reason why you never see a DTM vs GT1 race in real life. These cars are completely different classes. GT1 is way more powerful and still has the turning capability to match.

The reason why I advocated for a much higher class grouping in the R2 section is that a well driven GT street car can STILL keep up and cause trouble for the proposed R3 GTR class. R2 gives enough room to negate that and the DTM/GT 500 grouping would be more diverse than the the GT1 grouping.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 8:20 am

@Tethras I understand where you are coming from with the concern about the classes not being far enough apart in PI. I have the same concern with the GS and CT cars. We still have time to test and that is what we are doing.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:31 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
@Tethras I understand where you are coming from with the concern about the classes not being far enough apart in PI. I have the same concern with the GS and CT cars. We still have time to test and that is what we are doing.
The gs and ct cars have plenty of pi between them. The average pi in gs right now is over 650. How is 50 pi not enough difference between the classes?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 10:41 am

Bud i tested cars. I ran them and on the main straights of the tracks i ran them at, their top speed on the straights was higher than the top speed of cars like the 355 and the ford gt. Kind of like how the Caddy can keep up in the straight with the C6-R (and pass them in some instances). And that is an 80 pi difference.

However, i can say that my worries are quelled by some things that were talked about. I think the classes will be where they need to be.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 am

Tachyon Racing wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
Though I am sure I am in the minority.....two words.....
FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!
The better football is on Saturdays anyway..... silent
Sat.football is church...Sunday football is pride!!!
Ps.....GO NOLES!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:08 pm

The New Class Structure is about 95% decided and all new and adjusted car list are completed!

The new Classes and the Track Selection for Season 11 will be released Monday August 30th!

STAY TUNED!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed Class Structure Season 11   Proposed Class Structure Season 11 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposed Class Structure Season 11
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3