Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forza 5 announcements were made

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

Forza 5 announcements were made Empty
PostSubject: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:26 am

WE GOTS SOME NEW TRACKS YO. lol

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_Gamescom_2013

So we are getting Spa. And from the looks of things our cars will get dirty while we race? (if thats an in game picture/image) I hope tire wear is fixed sooooo badly. And if they ever incorporated things like flats and stuff that would be great but i doubt it.

However this would make season 12 of the series very interesting. cant effing wait man.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:46 am

WIsh I could read the article. Our lame computers will let us get on facebook and the fscs sites but our nein shiza site and the forza forums are blocked. WTF? If there is anything worth reading could you copy and then post it here? If its just mumbo jumbo don't worry about it. The stuff you already posted just had me excited. I was hoping to read more.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:58 am

""Gamescom attendees will be among the first players in the world to test drive the new physics engine that is at the heart of the “Forza Motorsport 5” gameplay experience. For “Forza Motorsport 5”, the developers at Turn 10 Studios worked closely with their partners at Calspan – the leading tire testing organization in the world – to develop a completely new and unique set of tire data, including tests and parameters that have never before been utilized in racing games.

“Developing and improving the driving physics has, in many ways, become the central pursuit for the Forza Motorsport series,” said Forza Motorsport 5 creative director Dan Greenawalt. “We are always chasing that perfect simulation where we can accurately recreate the infinite variables of driving in the digital world. At the same time, that pursuit is always tempered by the limits of what we know about the science of vehicle dynamics and the properties of high performance materials." ""
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:59 am

Forza 5 announcements were made 907228b8-746a-43a6-87f3-4450f8e89b97.jpg?n=FM5_Gamescom_Audi_Laguna_2

If this is an in game shot and not a like an intro shot then that means we wont have to paint dirt onto cars anymore...
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 pm

I will use my imagination, I cant see pictures either Sad
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Forza 5 announcements were made Ingame10

How about now?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Its not going to happen. They are just little red exes. Cant even right click and show pictuere. It is just crappy. I will look on my phone tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 pm

I couldnt resist. I just snuck and looked. That is rubber from the track!! That is sick. Also the bit about tire physics being worked on, perhaps different compounds to choose from and different wearing rates? That would be sweet. Then again maybe all this new info has me expecting too much...
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 pm

As long as they actually wear and you have to pit at least once an hour to keep quick lap times, I dont care. This running for three hours and not running out of fuel or grip is a little dumb. Unless its a Cadillac, then you run out of fuel every 45 minutes.

I want a CTS-V.R also. Then its back to GT for me!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Forza 2 tire manufacturer choices? that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Something like that. The manufacturer isnt as important as a difference in a soft medium and hard compound. Hard compound that will last almost a whole fscs race and you can then run a short stint on a soft tire or vice-versa. Then a medium compound to run heat races or races around an hour long, like the mustang series. And different wear rates that actually make a differnce. Soft tires get chewed up after several laps of hard running and hard tires will slow you down a good bit because the lack of grip but will last like two or three times as long or something. Then we can run like F1 rules and you must use soft compound tires at least once during the race. It would just add a whole new level of competition and race planning that would make everything that much better. But again these could just be silly dreams that I have.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:46 pm

well manufacturer would allow people to run real manufacturer champs and actually sponsor that tire and it would add some interesting mixes things as in "the michilens have more grip than yoko's"
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Oh yeah that would be awesome. As long as each manufacturer could still distinguish compounds. Not just your Michelin tire has more grip but less life whare the Continental has better life and less grip. It will suck if a tire manufacturer is completely superior as in the yokohama has better life and grip than either of the others.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Even if they dont do seperate compounds I would be okay with each mnufacturer having its own perk and flaw system. AS long as they are balanced out and not everyone wanting to run the same tire because it is the "best" in terms of how the game designed them.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
And if they ever incorporated things like flats and stuff that would be great but i doubt it.

However this would make season 12 of the series very interesting. cant effing wait man.
We already have:
Engine Failure = Lag out completely
Electronic Gremiins = Lag out into your own room
Oil on the track = Lag induced crash
Driver blackout = track dissappears
Steering failure = Wheel or controller stopped working

Not sure if we need anymore failurers

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
And if they ever incorporated things like flats and stuff that would be great but i doubt it.

We already have:
Engine Failure = Lag out completely
Electronic Gremiins = Lag out into your own room
Oil on the track = Lag induced crash
Driver blackout = track dissappears
Steering failure = Wheel or controller stopped working

Not sure if we need anymore failurers

Very Happy 
You forgot one failure...

ROSCOE's Driving!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:45 pm

hahaha i guess so pred lol. And to what piihb was saying, they had that in fm2 i think. though different tires were better than others. i mean i think there was like 3 tiers of tire manufacturers? liek there were a few that were clearly worse than others, and the top three were like even except in one differing category. ei 10-10 8-10 8-10 and then 8-10 10-10 8-10
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 pm

That sounds right. I know their were ones that were worse, which is fine, but when it comes to a top tire, I think they should even them out. Maybe they will go that route again. That would be great. As long as they wear! I cant stand when people say their tires are worn out and they need to pit because I have literally run three and a half hours at le mans and not worn through a set of tires. My lap times stayed the same the whole time. I also didnt pit for gas. I hate that. Although drag tires make a huge difference when you wear them to about 65-70%. But then you have considerable less grip than a race tire. But the wear factor is dead on what they could use for a soft tire compound. Just give it more grip than a reg racing tire. Problem solved.(sits back and crosses armsin victory)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:02 pm

It has been confirmed a while back that the cars will get dirty, pick up clag from the tires, the paint will show much more realistic racing related wear during the race. The tire model has been completely reworked with (they said) more than 10 times the data than FM4! The physics engine is calculating more than 6X more data than the current version of Forza and at a better fidelity. So the cars should feel and react even more realistic than the current version. I have been following this since they dropped the teaser trailer....There is a lot to be excited about fellas!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Bud i remember Tully would say that he leaves his brake pressure way down so that his brakes wouldnt wear out and he could save them for later. I laughed in his face. (over xbox of course)
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:08 pm

It looks like turn 10 has finally got there act together and done something right. At first I had decided I would not be getting this game but now, from what I have heard, it is a must. They are finally making the Forza that should have been around all this time. This will be the best racing game ever made if everything that they are saying ends up being true. All of the power of the new system and the time and apparent effort going into the game, if all of this actually ends up happening, will make it great.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:51 pm

although its still not good enough to give time changes which have been available in games for a long long time. Hell even if we could choose day or night and just have there be no transitional period that would be fine. I thought it was funny when some people were like "its a racing game why do you want day cycles and weather that has nothing to do with racing" in the Fm.net forums. i got kind of mad honestly. Its the largest variable in racing. weather.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 announcements were made   Forza 5 announcements were made Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza 5 announcements were made
Page 1 of 1