Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ADMIN QUESTIONS

Go down 
+13
EZT Sabre
Tachyon Racing
MTBVator
Matthnt
SP33D RAC3R 28x
mrgrimp
Dr PiiHB
AAR GTDon
s0ul harv3st
SaintedPlacebo4
KikRox268
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Admin/PredatorUSMC
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthnt

ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:22 pm

ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Screen10

Thats from the schedule tab on the main page....we are racing Le Mans this weekend yes?
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Substitute drivers   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:26 am

I propose the allowance of substitute drivers.  Along the lines of pre racing, 2 occurrences per season.  I believe that substitute drivers exist in real world race series.  

The points earned by said driver would be afforded 1 for 1 to the FSCS competitor contracting them.  On a similar note, any penalties the Substitute incurs would go to the FSCS competitor as well.

The benefits: Firstly, pre-racing vs AI is not an accurate representation of ones capabilities.  The AI are menaces on the track with their disregard for collisions and extremely safe braking characteristics. The greatest benefit is bringing (or returning) a new competitor to this series!

Forza 4 has been around over two years now, this could expose the FSCS format to some who haven't been tempted before.  All it can do is bring new competition to the field.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 am

MTBVator wrote:
I propose the allowance of substitute drivers.  Along the lines of pre racing, 2 occurrences per season.  I believe that substitute drivers exist in real world race series.  

The points earned by said driver would be afforded 1 for 1 to the FSCS competitor contracting them.  On a similar note, any penalties the Substitute incurs would go to the FSCS competitor as well.

The benefits: Firstly, pre-racing vs AI is not an accurate representation of ones capabilities.  The AI are menaces on the track with their disregard for collisions and extremely safe braking characteristics. The greatest benefit is bringing (or returning) a new competitor to this series!

Forza 4 has been around over two years now, this could expose the FSCS format to some who haven't been tempted before.  All it can do is bring new competition to the field.
+1000
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 am

MTBVator wrote:

Interesting idea. I would think it's too late to adopt this now, but certainly something to consider for XII.
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:19 am

how would the PI work for substitute drivers?
Having a substitute driver that is faster than me in a PI which is 20>+ stock PI would be pretty unfair.
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:25 am

EZT Sabre wrote:
how would the PI work for substitute drivers?
Having a substitute driver that is faster than me in a PI which is 20>+ stock PI would be pretty unfair.

There's definitely some structure that would be required to support this. The sub would probably have to be qualified in the car and get a PI assigned, so this would not work as a last-minute replacement, more as an "I know I will be away during this race, so I will arrange for someone to drive my car" deal....
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 12:14 pm

or racing with drag tires as that would further simulate tire wear quicker
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Substitute Drivers...Not gonna happen. Hate to be so direct and short on this one. But we do not have the logistical ability to handle this fairly and timely. This was a question I received a couple of season ago and we determined it's not really possible. If it were it would be for team points only and not Driver points. Also that sub driver would have to be on the team during the season to race on the team to earn 'team points'

Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:06 am

why is the website down Pred?
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 am

AAR GTDon wrote:
why is the website down Pred?

Hm, my company's firewall is suddenly blocking the website as "Spam - Suspicious" and recording my attempt to access. Thanks for inching me closer to being fired....  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:31 am

hey ...not to start an argument but for real we are rushing for no reason...you have a race scheduled for the same day as the Daytona 500...
we have no clear idea of lemans...or whats going on with it
and still no qualifying schedule
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:45 pm

I second that pred
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
hey ...not to start an argument but for real we are rushing for no reason...you have a race scheduled for the same day as the Daytona 500...
Bump
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:51 am

Hmm I dont see any problem with moving things for the 500. As for qually... im wondering when its closed myself.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:20 am

500 is not this weekend. Sprint unlimited is the 15th, 500 is the 23rd.
Back to top Go down
NSA Roca

NSA Roca

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:30 am

I agree with pushing it back a week. I honestly wanted it to start this weekend but considering its Tuesday and we are still missing a bunch of info. I have been waiting for my PI for a while now and im sure a bunch of others have been to. Plus we haven't been getting much info from the admins for what is going on so instead of rushing lets just get it right. Lets have a great Season 12 and not a bumpy one.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:06 am

NSA Roca wrote:
I agree with pushing it back a week. I honestly wanted it to start this weekend but considering its Tuesday and we are still missing a bunch of info. I have been waiting for my PI for a while now and im sure a bunch of others have been to. Plus we haven't been getting much info from the admins for what is going on so instead of rushing lets just get it right. Lets have a great Season 12 and not a bumpy one.

I talked with Pred last night, and it sounds like everything is SOP right now.  He plans on opening qualifying maybe even today. It also states on the website the date of the race without a modifier i.e. "tentative" or whatever. So all is a go for this weekend it sounds like.  (personally I wouldn't mind a push back either)

As for the P.I. adjustments, they are continuing,(check the website) and I'm assuming that just because you qualify with a certain P.I. does not mean that you will stay with that P.I. by race time.  That being said, having more time to get the P.I. right, and allow more time for more people to sign up, may well be worth an extra week to prepare.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:52 am

AAR GTDon wrote:
NSA Roca wrote:

I talked with Pred last night, and it sounds like everything is SOP right now.  He plans on opening qualifying maybe even today. It also states on the website the date of the race without a modifier i.e. "tentative" or whatever. So all is a go for this weekend it sounds like.  (personally I wouldn't mind a push back either)

As for the P.I. adjustments, they are continuing,(check the website) and I'm assuming that just because you qualify with a certain P.I. does not mean that you will stay with that P.I. by race time.  That being said, having more time to get the P.I. right, and allow more time for more people to sign up, may well be worth an extra week to prepare.

I believe that PIs are still changing, yes, but rules state that what you quall with you have to run for the race. Figured i would throw that notion out there ?
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 am

AAR WolfPack wrote:
No SHIZA sherlock...
Don you guys don't get it lamans is not clear and defined ,many dates are not correct and because you have your head in the sand you defend rushing into the season....wake the f up. These need to be answered BEFORE QUALIFICATIONS AND SEASON !!!

START DONT BE THE CANCER BE THE CURE!!!
Ohh we are racing on easter too...smh fix this SHIZA
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:44 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
AAR WolfPack wrote:
No SHIZA sherlock...
Don you guys don't get it lamans is not clear and defined ,many dates are not correct and because you have your head in the sand you defend rushing into the season....wake the f up.  These need to be answered BEFORE QUALIFICATIONS AND SEASON !!!

START DONT BE THE CANCER BE THE CURE!!!
Ohh we are racing on easter too...smh fix this SHIZA

You missed that I said I was somewhat in favor of a delay.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 am

You either help correct Whats wrong or you are whats wrong ...
Blaz , sainted, me, all veteran's saying there is a problem
Easy fix look at a calendar... use common sense and figure out lamans THEN START SEASON ....
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:48 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
Bump.....why was this not responded to?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
Bump.....why was this not responded to?

someone said that the daytona aint for another week and that the little pre daytona races going on this weekend right?
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:40 pm

next weekend is the sprint unlimited and thats saturday night, 500 is 8 days after that
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:14 pm

yes seeing as you re re's don't get it that's sebring ...ie Daytona....easter is lamans...there is no clear way to do 12 hr's laid out and you are not helping so maybe god will help you on track YOUR GOING T NEED IT....SLACKERS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADMIN QUESTIONS   ADMIN QUESTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADMIN QUESTIONS
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next