Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:38 pm

CBR900RRR wrote:
Yeah, sign me up Tach.
Cool.  Your code name is CBGB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BLACKxxRAVENxx

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:22 pm

SIGN ME UP!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:21 am

BLACKxxRAVENxx wrote:
SIGN ME UP!!!!
Welcome aboard.  You'll be racing as Crow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:46 am

count me in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 am

CitizenS0ldier3 wrote:
count me in
Excellent.  Your code name is Merc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Gumballhead - Track "Reveal"   Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:15 am

Ok, it's time to shed a little light on the tracks for the Gumballhead Rally.  When I say "a little", I mean just that.  Here are 5 hints to help you sort them out [Not looking for anyone to post anything up here, by the way.  There are no prizes for guessing the tracks, just study....]:

Track 1:  Before a long day of racing, you'll want a hearty breakfast.  You might find me on the table.

Track 2:  If you still have any room left after breakfast, you could get some cobbler while you're here.

Track 3:  If you do well here, be careful not to chip your tooth.

Track 4:  I might not be a lady, but I am looking good in red.

Track 5:  There's more to me than simply turning left, you know….

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KICKROCKS29

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:46 pm

{Hand Raised} meeee meeee meee pick meee!!! lol Should be a good circuit, I think I know the route...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Doc's Ride   Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:39 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Fang's ride   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:09 am

Nice car there Doc, here is mine in action a few seasons ago.

Just joking, going to be running this beaut...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:17 am

EZT Sabre wrote:
Nice car there Doc, here is mine in action a few seasons ago.

Just joking, going to be running this beaut...

Thanks.  Always loved that old Vantage and never found anywhere to race with it before.  I hope you mean the Alfa and not that other....I don't even know what that is.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:32 am

Yup the Giulia Very Happy
That Vantage looks sheek.

Was going to run the Buick GSX but I am infamous for driving the GTA on vm. (such an amazing car)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Gumballhead Status - Friday   Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 pm

With just over 2 days to go until start, sitting at 8 entrants for the Gumballhead Rally.  It's not too late to join for some fun racing Sunday evening.

Couple of updates as we near race time:

• Organizers have decided to leave the Racing Line On for anyone who so desires - other assists will be set as per FSCS race settings
  • Damage will be set on Limited, as previously noted
  • Entrants should be sure to acquire the Gumballhead Rally Tag from my storefront (no charge; as of last night, only 3 had been taken), and apply as indicated previously (see pics of my car for example of placement)
  • Final standings will be calculated based on cumulative time across all 5 events.
  • In the event someone lags out and is able to rejoin the Rally for the next event, they will be granted the slowest finishing time for the event they lagged out of plus thirty (30) seconds.

Keep checking for other updates as the start nears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:27 pm

So if I run an F-Class car how will it be fair?  I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:39 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
Of course that would not be competitive.  Just making the point that someone can drive whatever they want as long as it's pre-'90 and 600 PI or lower. Also to make the point it's mainly for fun. Case in point; I didn't worry about pushing my Vantage to 600, it's at 587, because I liked the build that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Tachyon Racing wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Of course that would not be competitive.  Just making the point that someone can drive whatever they want as long as it's pre-'90 and 600 PI or lower.  Also to make the point it's mainly for fun.  Case in point; I didn't worry about pushing my Vantage to 600, it's at 587, because I liked the build that way.
Okay, I'll go with the original gumball rally car then. The 1988 Lamborghini Countach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:05 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
Tachyon Racing wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Of course that would not be competitive.  Just making the point that someone can drive whatever they want as long as it's pre-'90 and 600 PI or lower.  Also to make the point it's mainly for fun.  Case in point; I didn't worry about pushing my Vantage to 600, it's at 587, because I liked the build that way.
Okay, I'll go with the original gumball rally car then. The 1988 Lamborghini Countach.
I had considered that, but wanted to finally race the Vantage more.

Your code name is Vito.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Tachyon Racing wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Tachyon Racing wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
I had considered that, but wanted to finally race the Vantage more.

Your code name is Vito.
I prefer "The Don" but Vito works lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:39 am

Countach > all

I LOVE those cars. i liked them until I saw one in a showroom and being able to get that close and personal with the car, i fell in love. The owner of the place was there when I walked in to drool at all the toys they had and she let me check out the countach and a noble that they had in there. The noble i was let down by because i found out that it was mostly made up of ford parts, but that countach is sick. They sound beautiful and the angles are amazing. The doors seriously are about as wide as a piece of paper, as is the roof, but it is such a beautiful car. Please please please post pictures of this event. Should be a good set with some very rarely seen cars. I will be following this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KICKROCKS29

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Tach, I can't send you the Atlanta replay until you accept my friend request. Awesome event, tons of fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Gumballhead Final Results   Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks to everyone who showed up to race this evening.  I hope it was a fun way to spend an off-Sunday.  We had 8 racers competing, with 6 managing to complete the full trans-continental circuit.  The final course list included Maple Valley Short, Road Atlanta Club, Indianapolis Oval, Sedona Club, and Infineon NASCAR.  I think it's fair to say the diversity of tracks posed a wide range of challenge to the racers.  There was also a very diverse field of entries, ranging from the historically-accurate Lambo Countach to the surprisingly-competitive '62 Lincoln Continental. Shocked 

Without further ado, here are the results and final standings for the inaugural Gumballhead Rally:

Congratulations to the winner Ssemper - a last-minute entrant, and to the other podium finishers AAR GTDon and SP33D RAC3R 28x, respectively.  I will be in contact with the top-3 finishers regarding some prize cars.  Pictures will be posted up, when I get some time over the next few days.

And for anyone who didn't participate this time, don't worry, this will be happening again....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KICKROCKS29

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks for taking the time out to plan and host this event Tach, had a ton of fun. If I may make a few suggestions for future rally's. All just of my opinion having participated in all 5 stints.

- Great track choices, I would suggest keeping them a secret until right before the stint starts, like seconds before you launch it. This would keep the "non-track tuning" factor out and keep people from loading tuning setups. In the real deal, you did not go and change transmissions because you were coming up to a long straight road that you could max your car out on. you ran what you had.
- I would vote on putting a 10-20 second penalty or even a pit stop on anyone who leaves the room between races. I don't believe it is fair to go and upgrade or tune your car between stints when others are running 1 well rounded tune.
- Understanding, this event is all about having fun. We are all racers at heart and if you put us on the track together, we are going to go as fast as we can, I would suggest keeping the PI to an oddball number for the oddball event, say, 543 or whatever, this would keep people from running cars they have built and ran time and time again in lobbies and have 20 tunes for them. I myself am guilty of logging on an hour before the race and picking a car from my garage but I think it was unfair to those who had lower PI cars. I only had one tune on my car for the record.
- If someone picks a car and drives it, they must stay in that car right? I saw an el camino shed a bed and become a fiero in the last check point... I don't really care but Don got taken out on sedona by a car with 800HP and no handling. I saw it go down and it was not pretty! If you are going to drive something like that, for the sake of the people around you, get it tamed before you come to the track please! No hard feelings, like I said, I had fun and I don't really care but damn man!!! haha

All just suggestions, this is your deal and respectfully so. I hope my opinions help out for the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:06 am

KICKROCKS29 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time out to plan and host this event Tach, had a ton of fun. If I may make a few suggestions for future rally's. All just of my opinion having participated in all 5 stints.

- Great track choices, I would suggest keeping them a secret until right before the stint starts, like seconds before you launch it. This would keep the "non-track tuning" factor out and keep people from loading tuning setups. In the real deal, you did not go and change transmissions because you were coming up to a long straight road that you could max your car out on. you ran what you had.
- I would vote on putting a 10-20 second penalty or even a pit stop on anyone who leaves the room between races. I don't believe it is fair to go and upgrade or tune your car between stints when others are running 1 well rounded tune.
- Understanding, this event is all about having fun. We are all racers at heart and if you put us on the track together, we are going to go as fast as we can, I would suggest keeping the PI to an oddball number for the oddball event, say, 543 or whatever, this would keep people from running cars they have built and ran time and time again in lobbies and have 20 tunes for them. I myself am guilty of logging on an hour before the race and picking a car from my garage but I think it was unfair to those who had lower PI cars. I only had one tune on my car for the record.
- If someone picks a car and drives it, they must stay in that car right? I saw an el camino shed a bed and become a fiero in the last check point... I don't really care but Don got taken out on sedona by a car with 800HP and no handling. I saw it go down and it was not pretty! If you are going to drive something like that, for the sake of the people around you, get it tamed before you come to the track please! No hard feelings, like I said, I had fun and I don't really care but damn man!!! haha

All just suggestions, this is your deal and respectfully so. I hope my opinions help out for the future.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed.  Believe me, I went over a lot of your points myself in the days leading up to the race, and decided to just keep things loose and focus on having fun.  Case in point the PI.  I was thinking of doing an odd number, like 555 or something, but didn't want anyone to have to stress over figuring out their build - though the obvious risk being someone showing up with a fine-tuned Class A car.  As far as the car switch went, I didn't even notice that until we were on the track, unfortunately.  When I do this again, I will probably apply a little more structure around it, but not at the expense of it being a fun event.  I already have ideas for Rallies II and III..... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:08 am

I think that was Kick's point, if you don't mind me saying.  It is that no one would have a fine tuned A555 car because no one builds them to that specific P.I. (And I'm pretty confident everyone can reach the designated P.I. just as easily whether it's 600 or 555.) 

The further point is, having an odd P.I. actually supports your original intent with the series. You wanted people to drive cars not typically seen even if they are under P.I.'d right?  Well, not many are going to run an under P.I. car even if it is just for fun if allowed to.  Most are going to run right at the maximum allowed.  This means that a lot of secondary leader board cars will be in play as a result.  Cars like perhaps my Countach, or Semper's Pantera for example.  To get people to drive oddball cars without the threat of them being a second or third string leader board car, all you have to do is not allow a max class P.I. anything below 590 would probably do.  This would also eliminate the chance that someone would already have pre-existing tunes for each track.  In this way you will better achieve your intended desire which is to enable people to pick strange cars not normally used, for fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
I think that was Kick's point, if you don't mind me saying.  It is that no one would have a fine tuned A555 car because no one builds them to that specific P.I. (And I'm pretty confident everyone can reach the designated P.I. just as easily whether it's 600 or 555.) 

The further point is, having an odd P.I. actually supports your original intent with the series. You wanted people to drive cars not typically seen even if they are under P.I.'d right?  Well, not many are going to run an under P.I. car even if it is just for fun if allowed to.  Most are going to run right at the maximum allowed.  This means that a lot of secondary leader board cars will be in play as a result.  Cars like perhaps my Countach, or Semper's Pantera for example.  To get people to drive oddball cars without the threat of them being a second or third string leader board car, all you have to do is not allow a max class P.I. anything below 590 would probably do.  This would also eliminate the chance that someone would already have pre-existing tunes for each track.  In this way you will better achieve your intended desire which is to enable people to pick strange cars not normally used, for fun. Smile
Yep, agreed.  This was my first time trying to organize something, and with the added degree of difficulty in trying to balance the competitive and fun aspects, there are some things I would now do differently.  Definitely learned a few lessons, and hopefully the GHR II will work more smoothly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks for running that, it was a good test to help me get back up to pace in my Giulia. Still about a second slower than I used to be when I ran this car religiously.
Feel like I should have ran my Buick because I was a little bit off the rest of the competition, but I enjoy the challenge of the GTA Smile

Congrats on the win Ssemper. The Pantera was fast and so was the countach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   

Back to top Go down

Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next