Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
KICKROCKS29

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:24 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
I think that was Kick's point, if you don't mind me saying.  It is that no one would have a fine tuned A555 car because no one builds them to that specific P.I. (And I'm pretty confident everyone can reach the designated P.I. just as easily whether it's 600 or 555.) 

The further point is, having an odd P.I. actually supports your original intent with the series. You wanted people to drive cars not typically seen even if they are under P.I.'d right?  Well, not many are going to run an under P.I. car even if it is just for fun if allowed to.  Most are going to run right at the maximum allowed.  This means that a lot of secondary leader board cars will be in play as a result.  Cars like perhaps my Countach, or Semper's Pantera for example.  To get people to drive oddball cars without the threat of them being a second or third string leader board car, all you have to do is not allow a max class P.I. anything below 590 would probably do.  This would also eliminate the chance that someone would already have pre-existing tunes for each track.  In this way you will better achieve your intended desire which is to enable people to pick strange cars not normally used, for fun. Smile
Right on Don, that's what I was getting to. I think 590 would be a bit much though. It's not hard to shed 10PI and still keep a dominant tune
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT   Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 pm

KICKROCKS29 wrote:
Right on Don, that's what I was getting to. I think 590 would be a bit much though. It's not hard to shed 10PI and still keep a dominant tune
Yep, going forward will use something like 555, 567, 579, 543, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gumballhead Rally - 11/3/13 - 8:30pm EDT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3