Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FM5 trouble

Go down 
+17
Raceboy77
Dr PiiHB
o351
MTBVator
Maxximilllion
Tetsukitsune
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AAR WolfPack
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
NSA Roca
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Blahzay xxl
Tachyon Racing
KICKROCKS29
Old King
AAR GTDon
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

FM5 trouble - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:39 am

yet it still has more to offer than graphics.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 5:56 am

From all the reviews I've read so far it sounds like FM5 is getting about a B- grade.  Very few reviews giving it an A.  Most seem in agreement that it is gorgeous, has too few tracks, drivatar is odd, physics challenging to great, still more of a driving game rather than a racing game.

General sentiment is FM5 needs more completeness. More cars, more tracks, more race details. And though it is a perfect 10 in the beauty department, most seem to agree that you'll want to hang on to your FM4 even as you experience FM5.

Best summation quote from Europe I found: "But Forza 5 is not a racing game. Not really. It's a driving simulation that features races. Despite all the quality of the production, these chases aren't as thrilling as those of Forza 4, let alone GRID or F1 2013. So unless you're convinced the remarkable graphics and attention to automotive detail are absolutely worth your money, there are other racing games that play much better."

Best to think of FM5 more as FM4.1 is what I get out of the reviews.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:16 am

lol man buy it or dont .....maybe everyone needs to realize that forza is not a true racing sim and never will be its only been give games in and nothing has changed....want true racing sim..go to Iracing.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:38 am

I'll be buying FM5, but it doesn't make me feel urgent about it.  Which is fine because I don't really need a $560.00 hole in my pocket right now, or the roughly $400.00 wheel and pedals I need too.  

I'm sort of glad in a way that FM5 is not the "must have" sim-racer of the century.  I'm very happy it (FM5) can wait. And so is my wife. lol
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:42 am

lol right
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 6:52 pm

WOW! I'm loving FM 5! Alot more then just eye candy! taking some getting used to, kinda like the transition from FM 3 to FM 4. if your on the fence about this game just pull the trigger and I dont think you will be disappointed. Let me play a few more hours and I can post a in depth "In my opinion" review!
NOT DISAPPOINTED -o3
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:19 pm

I wont pull the trigger. Well i have. On GT6. The sheer amount of dlc they want you to buy to have a game that could be considered complete is enough for me to stay away from the brand on principal alone. I went ahead and made a purchase for my wheel which is not compatible on 360, but is instead the flagship wheel for GT. I cant wait til Dec. 6th *drools* Got everything set up so i get the wheel, my stand, and my game all on pretty much the same day give or take. After watching some footage of the developers inviting real drivers to race their real cars, then use the data hook up that you yourself can buy and hook up to your car, to then have it recreate that in game so in the game you can race your real life hot lap is amazing. Not to mention the track maker. Not to mention that after reading more about it and seeing how good the graphics are first hand it sorts looks to me that gt6 will have the same or better graphics than fm5 despite the ps3 not being the new system anymore. And they did this by having real time something fancy word thing that means that it moves the polygons that create the car as you move in game and move the camera so that it can have 10million poly's (fm5 is 12) at any time despite being an older system. Now that the 360 isnt the prime focus it seems that the last of the ps3 games will shine and show that the system was always more powerful than 360. Ahhh cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 pm

smh at you why even come here to say that just do you and have fun nobody needs to know your moves...dont take this wrong but who cares about gt6 on a forza fforum and have fun buddy its been fun
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Im with you blaz! FM>GT hands down. Used to love the GT series until the first time I picked up a controller to the xbox and played good ol forza1. Never turned back.

I have read lots of negative things over on the official forums and I gotta say it is hard to hear. The bad very much outweighs the good at the moment. Even the things I was expecting have not been there. The basics like more cars and more tracks have fallen way short. The biggest let down has to be no Ring. Since the first game, I dont care how inaccurate anyone says the track is, it is still the best version when you look at the game, car selection, and physics for the franchise. You just cant beat the way it feels to drive that track on the edge. From what I have read on the game and also heard via the forums, I am let down by turn10 and kindo of glad I have decided not to get the game. It is so hard to say that after loving this franchise for so long. Maybe there will be patches come out to make it better and I know the dlc will be there and the Ring is coming later via dlc but paying for the track that to me made the game what it is? Thats not right. Anyways thats my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Im with you blaz! FM>GT hands down. Used to love the GT series until the first time I picked up a controller to the xbox and played good ol forza1. Never turned back.

I have read lots of negative things over on the official forums and I gotta say it is hard to hear. The bad very much outweighs the good at the moment. Even the things I was expecting have not been there. The basics like more cars and more tracks have fallen way short. The biggest let down has to be no Ring. Since the first game, I dont care how inaccurate anyone says the track is, it is still the best version when you look at the game, car selection, and physics for the franchise. You just cant beat the way it feels to drive that track on the edge. From what I have read on the game and also heard via the forums, I am let down by turn10 and kindo of glad I have decided not to get the game. It is so hard to say that after loving this franchise for so long. Maybe there will be patches come out to make it better and I know the dlc will be there and the Ring is coming later via dlc but paying for the track that to me made the game what it is? Thats not right. Anyways thats my 2 cents.
i love forza. just not forza 5. they showed their intentions. Although im thinking blahzay might be getting payed by turn10 seeing as how he is fanboying hard.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:

totally understand ever cares but I look at like this in a couple of ways..first maybe forza is aiming at iracing?? im not sure but you pay for cars and tracks on there...and my second way of looking at this is, the tracks and cars are coming just be patient ...I remember when everyone had all the cars and was crying to pay for more tracks im just saying.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 pm

okay so what if more cars come via dlc. they alwaready said 50 bucks for 60 cars witht eh season pass. you pay as much as a whole game for 60 cars? gtfo with that.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Dr PiiHB wrote:

i love forza. just not forza 5. they showed their intentions. Although im thinking blahzay might be getting payed by turn10 seeing as how he is fanboying hard.
lmbo at the fanboy comments lol..ive played gt5 and hated it didn't compare to forza I don't like play station at so ill ride witg xbox one and I love racing so ill ride with forza5....I just look at call of duty ppl love that game and buy everyone that comes out ...when they are paying for the same game with a map back and new case and no one complains

Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:21 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
okay so what if more cars come via dlc. they alwaready said 50 bucks for 60 cars witht eh season pass. you pay as much as a whole game for 60 cars? gtfo with that.
thats my point exactly get of here with that...if you dont want to pay kick rocks... have fun on your ps3 bro I got the cash and dont mind spending it...just like you wont stop buying McDonald's and its killing you lol
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:57 pm

so uh, after a bit of searching for some stuff here's a list of what i've found:

sometimes if your car is on your side, it'll bounce in and out of the ground lightly but it'll jump a bit.

at one point i had damage on the back of my car that went through the ground and also created a shadow that looked like i had a pole on the back of my car.

when choosing an emblem, they put in "region" twice in two different places. the first one is in the middle of the categories where it shouldn't be so every category after it is actually one off.

there are no drag racing tracks in the game, T10 did include drag tires and titles with the description "win an online drag race" etc.

there are also no party games such as tag or cat and mouse, but there are around 10 titles for completing tag games.

in the Test Track, there's a bunch of things that look awesome to drive around and play with, problem is the whole track is blocked off with barriers instead of being a free roam track, turning it into a semi-regular track.

you can not gift anything.

when buying cars/rims you can not choose a manufacturer, you have to find what you want out of everything. the rims are separated into 3 categories, and it does say the manufacturer but you still have to go through the whole list of rims.

the leaderboards are under rivals, and there is no "overall" time anymore, only single track times which means you can't see overall time for circuit or a certain class etc.

no one liked autovista, but forzavista is limited compared to autovista which makes it fail even harder. for example, on my nissan GTR R35 i can not open the hood or trunk etc.

when doing an engine swap, it doesn't give you any details on where the engine came from, other than the size of it and number of cylinders.

you can not drive against the CPU/drivatars with damage on and come out clean, they run through corners and pit you and push you into walls on a regular basis.

career gets quite boring fast due to such a limited track base.

even though i have the distance meter on to show how far away the people behind me are, it's not actually there.

when you're driving, it doesn't show your last lap or best lap. it will only show it for a few moments after you complete a lap.

there are no leaderboard or multiplayer replays.

T10, we know the game wasn't ready, but please don't make it THAT obvious and take out everything that people like :/.

that's about it for now!
Back to top Go down
KICKROCKS29

KICKROCKS29

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:17 am

Its a damn shame...
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 am

People all across every league are seriously suggesting staying with FM4, going with iRacing or GT6 now.  FM5 is a total bust for organized racing it looks like.

There is some small hope that major patches will fix a lot of stuff, but I know better.  I heard this when FM2 came out and they deleted the club feature. T10 lied and said it could not be implemented with the then new 360.  But this was after they hinted that a fix was being looked at.  The truth was they didn't like the control it gave groups of users even though it was wildly popular.  When they brought the feature back in FM4 it wasn't quite the same and lost the feeling of belonging to a club entirely.

The real underlying problem is that T10 has never updated any racing feature or option because they don't view the game as a racing simulation.  It is a car and driver simulation that happens to have some racing elements.

FM4 is now a classic keeper, you'll never see a Forza game like it for a long time now.  It will be 2 more years for FM6, and then maybe T10 will get it.  Maybe by then they will figure out that the only real reason we wanted to be here wasn't for Forzavista and drivatars, it was to race.

Hey T10, don't look behind you now but "Project Cars" is starting to look very good!
Back to top Go down
Tachyon Racing

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:29 am

What a shame. Very glad I didn't run out and drop the $600 to have this mess on day one.....
Back to top Go down
hannibaljazz 98

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:02 pm

I am staying on forza 4 and xbox one is wasted of money that will not work with xbox 360 games that we spend on a lots of games for 360 sorry but I like forza 4
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:47 pm

I went all in on GT6 and im waiting til Dec 6th to find out. Let me say this now. While Turn 10 never patches anything, GT and Poly does. I have GT5 and got everything from free cars to free tracks, some tracks updated and now have day and night that didnt on release etc. They said they will be patching the sound, and they will be consistently updating the livery system as with other things. I have over 5 gigs of free updates from Poly/GT5 so i can only imagine how many will be coming for GT6. At least they admit that they want to complete it after it comes out and they have proved in the past that they actually do the things that they say they want to improve on. I truly believe that GT6 will get better with time because poly wants to work on it more and more. Anyways. you can chose tire types (as always) you get a fully animated pit crew, you can choose how much gas to take, etc. Also heres some fun stuff. Rain, night, highbeams and low beams, flashers, whipers, all those little detaisl. if you damage your car you have to repair it in the GT garage. They already released footage of it. Its looking quite good visually as well. Willows peak, brands hatch, suzuka, about 10 lay outs of nurb ring and the gp. there are i think 34 or 40 tracks with over 70 lay outs. snow, gravel, clay, dirt, rain with levels of surface water and a level of rain. they even created the entire solarsystem that is in exact relation to the track you are on at any time... nice touches... And a complete car list is on their site. its got everything i want. I also saw footage of the game where its got the forza type body kits. they had them in gt5 but they were scarce however from what i saw there are many more for many more cars. so its looking like they are sloooowwwwwwlllllyyyy taking the fm4 stuff and putting it into their game.... Ill be on FM4 and GT5/6.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 pm

there's a title that says (i can't remember which) race in or win a lobby with 24 people in it.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 8:49 am

I looked on the achievements and I could not find such an achievement with that description (they could have removed the achievement)

I will say it is a shame because the driving in Forza Motorsport 5 is actually very good in my opinion and the tracks/cars they have got are of good quality.

The A.I. is an improvement over Forza Motorsport 4 (but lets be honest thats not what I would consider much of a compliment), still does stuff that defy logic (I have seen three cars go off the track on the main straight for no reason) and ends up at times with it becoming a game of dodgems.

The online side of things from what i have seen so far is mostly dead the most people I have been with online is two people in a A class race (and they left because I was beating them by quite a margin) but I do like how you can now vote for which track you want in session

From what I can see the online would be better if it just had the option of having the ability just to search for a lobby rather than having to choose lobbies in monthly challenges, league select, class races and special events. (not even going to mention the lack of other modes like drag racing, cat and mouse, tag etc)

oddly in advanced rules tag enabled is shown on the options but is greyed out (looks like it will be unlocked or added at a later date)

but would say the foundations of the game is good for Forza 5 but needs a lot of work to get everything else up to par
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:18 am

It's not an achievement it's a title thing. Online is quite dead for sure but if you wanna go into a lobby with me let me know lol
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:21 am

I have spun out on straights more than I have on corners, so I may be one of those Drivatars Razz
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:23 am

Raceboy77 wrote:
It's not an achievement it's a title thing. Online is quite dead for sure but if you wanna go into a lobby with me let me know lol
yeah sure would be up for that even though I suspect you will win every time Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM5 trouble   FM5 trouble - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FM5 trouble
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forza Sports Car Series Forums :: Forza Motorsport 5-
Jump to: