Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GT6 Review coming soon

Go down 
+3
Matthnt
AAR GTDon
SaintedPlacebo4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

GT6 Review coming soon  Empty
PostSubject: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:17 pm

I picked up my pre order of gt6 during my lunch break toay. ill be reviewing it for you guys. however let me post a shot from in the game... looks that the highest premium cars will be on par with FM5...

GT6 Review coming soon  1474468_10152127707181803_290152522_n
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Wow!  That's cool looking!
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Its a pretty good game. I played it for about 4 hours earlier. Definitely not easy on a controller but easier than GT5 was. Faster stock cars such as the 2013 Viper was quite a handful around Trial Mountain in the first FR challenge event. I havent driven most of the 25 free cars that came with my copy but I've been enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:06 pm

GT6 Review coming soon  20131211

This is a picture I sent Hiredgun earlier today, lunar rover on the moon. This was from the 3rd lunar challenge where I had to knock over cones.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Matthnt wrote:
Its a pretty good game. I played it for about 4 hours earlier.  Definitely not easy on a controller but easier than GT5 was. Faster stock cars such as the 2013 Viper was quite a handful around Trial Mountain in the first FR challenge event. I havent driven most of the 25 free cars that came with my copy but I've been enjoying it.  
GT5 was tough with a controller but it was hard to drive hard if that makes sense. To push in that game was hard for me with a controller. With my wheel though it felt much better, although i will say that it was easier with a controller to control oversteer.
Back to top Go down
ASQ BerpDator

ASQ BerpDator

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:04 pm

i need review from a pit stop, they fixed the all car (aero) or just mechanical parts??
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Thats GT6 thre is no aero damage or specific damage in GT6, its just "mechanical"
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:14 am

How far into the game are you sainted?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:45 am

I didnt get too far. I ended up having stuff to do til late and then i was too tired to drive well enough to get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:11 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
I didnt get too far. I ended up having stuff to do til late and then i was too tired to drive well enough to get anywhere.
Do the Goodwood hill climbs as you unlock them, big $$ there. I'm on the 5th set now racing the R18 and that Red Bull crazy machine. $70,000 for gold time.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Matthnt wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Do the Goodwood hill climbs as you unlock them, big $$ there. I'm on the 5th set now racing the R18 and that Red Bull crazy machine. $70,000 for gold time.

Idk how it is on a controller but on my wheel its crazy to drive certain cars. That X-Bone or whatever that think was in 1-3 for that course is soooo hard to drive. every bump comes thru and its hard to not break tractoin and be done.

Anyways as for a review ill say that while a livery editor is currently missing there is number customization on cars that are designated racers. the online is designed for league racing though. You can set up a room to have an open practice, into a qually, and then into a race with no bs hassles that i have seen so far. I like the driving physics (for a wheel) it feels sooooo much better than Forza does (on my controller). Im fine with playing forza 4 for the leagues that are around, but i can deff see myself on GT6 with certain league ideas. however, all of them would ahve to be built to certain specs since the PP system is total poopie and doesnt account for the car's handling at all, its all based on power to weight i think, tires, and the car's platform dont play any role in the PP the car has.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:02 pm

One thing is the Curb/rumble physics. I know on FM4 you can get loose on some rumbles but here its must more serious. Example is at leguna in the kink leading up to the cockscrew if you go thru liek you would on forza and have your car turning and hit that outside rumble, which n fm4 is totally fine, on gt6 you are going for a wild ride. same as the rumble after the left hander following the corckscrew. The rumbles are sketchy. And that was with "grip reduction on grass and curbs" set to "low" i would imagine the real is even worse since the reduction would be higher. Unless they lean "low" as in "lower grip than real life" but i doubt that. Im more afraid of curbing than ever lmao.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Well that's interesting. I for one am enjoying your review of GT6. I'm not in any rush to go out an buy either new system yet, but I'm sure I'll get one or the other eventually based mostly on whether Forza 5 or GT6 sounds better.

That's a shame that the PP system is bad. I always felt like that was the greatest weakness in the old GT games I played. It was kind of tough to find a race with cars evenly matched to yours. Do they have public online lobbies based on the PP/PI like Forza?

I'm not surprised to see you say the physics are better on your wheel, but can you describe it in any way? I don't think I ever played GT4 or 5 but what I remember from the earlier games was that compared to Forza, the physics were just more punishing. If I got my car loose at all in GT it was just over, while Forza would let you overdrive your car a lot more. I guess it depends on the car, tires and track conditions which one was more realistic, but I always felt like a properly setup race car with race tires was more akin to the Forza simulation, while street tires on a street car were more similar to the GT simulation. I think the main difference may be that Forza just exaggerated the tire squealing and visual rotation of the car giving you earlier warnings that you were about to lose traction. Overall, I think the GT version is more realistic, but I enjoyed the Forza version more because it kind of made up for not being able to feel the steering wheel get light or the car start to rotate. Anyway, is that what you mean by the physics being better? Does the force feedback give you warnings when you're on the edge of adhesion?
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:10 pm

GT6 is on ps3 not 4.....total package 189.99!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Well to address what duty is asking. The force feedback does let you know because youll have it fight you a little if you turn to hard and then if you turn too too hard you will feel the wheel not gripping. The rumbles are crazy to drive on. Honestly the Super GT500 cars feel like forza physics. Those cars you can drive exactly like forza. And not the GT500's on forza but forza as a whole feels like driving the GT500's in GT6. The roll of the car feels more real. And you can really get a sense of the movement of the suspension. I like that the grass feels like grass. Its funny that a lot of the community wants sticky grass..... Anyways i dropped into my first public lobby last night and was delighted at how respectable the room was. Not at all like the random rooms in forza. But maybe i have good luck? Anyways. You can restict the rooms to make cars equal'er. You can restrict the tire type, the horsepower, etc etc. And that would make the rooms more even. I think that if you were to assemble a series where cars are all built and you have to run that build than it would be very possible ot run even leagues. Also, we wouldnt have to build our own race versions of touring cars since things like the mustang, camaro, rx8 etc have "Grand Am" version. They arent called that but you can tell thats what they are based on their builds and stats. Which is great. There are more purpose built race cars. There are old Trans Am race cars in there too. SO there are possibilities. However without handling ratings and stuff you really need to know your Boo boo about a car to know if it will handle or not. Its really going to require more car knowledge than forza in my opinion. ALSO. The car's engine sounds got a minor upgrade. they dont sound as bad. Some do. BUt many got a much better sound than before, granted they arent as clean as forza's, they are much more distorted at higher revs.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 2:47 pm

I have got to say I am honestly surprised to hear this. GT4 was the last one I played and it was still garbage compared to FM series. I want to play it and give it a shot based on what you are saying. I wont buy it but I do want to see what all the hooplah is about.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:24 pm

I would say that i like something about forza 4 more than gt6 but not the driving. give me gt6's driving experience and cars with all of the little things in forza 4 and i would pay 80 bucks for that. That being said im 1000000000x better at forza than gt6. gt6 is sooo much harder. I can drive the car cleanly but i am not good enough to push the cars yet. With forza i can push all day and still feel comfy as a bug in a rug. Until i get a real grasp on gt6 its all edge of teh seat driving. So piihb if you wanna try it i say try it on a wheel, the ps3 ds3 controller doesnt do racing games justice.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Oh yeah, after having to go back to the pad on FM4 for a while now, I have no plans of continuing playing racing games on the controller. Its just terrible. All wheel for me. Its been years and I mean YEARS since racing on a controller. Will never happen again.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm

im content doing it with a controller fro forza bc im not about to start over and to me teh xbox controller is good for racing games. gt is designed for a wheel lol. you cant even use clutch without a wheel. and when you have a wheel other features open up. small things. like how you can stall your car. completely. like it turns off. in gt5 you couldnt clutch slip but in gt6 you can. small things like that.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:04 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Matthnt wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

Idk how it is on a controller but on my wheel its crazy to drive certain cars. That X-Bone or whatever that think was in 1-3 for that course is soooo hard to drive. every bump comes thru and its hard to not break tractoin and be done.

The KTM X-Bow was a pain for me as well. The first corner was quite difficult the first few times, and near that stone wall (left side of track) where a quick chicane is was hard as well. The vehicle felt unbalanced but maybe thats how that particular car actually is since a motorcycle manufacturer made it. Just wait til you get to 5-3. I cant finish that one clean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GT6 Review coming soon    GT6 Review coming soon  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GT6 Review coming soon
Page 1 of 1