Forza Sports Car Series Forums
 
HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Racing Line or No Racing line
Racing Line ON with No STM or TCS (ABS on)
67%
 67% [ 29 ]
Racing Line OFF with ABS, STM & TCS allowed
33%
 33% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 43
 

AuthorMessage
Tachyon Racing



Posts : 192
Points : 2095
Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:22 am

SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:
Considering the length of time spent driving for season 11 I will likely take a little time away from it all (a few days at least).... I do plan on helping people find the FSCS and promote with the new incentives.... How long should we expect untill season 12 opening day?

In the past, there's been a 2-3 week break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7119
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:16 am

I have a tentative start day of Feb 1st. But I have an idea it may be the following week to give more time to test and update things.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

avatar

Posts : 1129
Points : 3302
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : western NY

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Superbowl Sunday off?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

avatar

Posts : 536
Points : 2452
Join date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Okay, the new rule for base P.I. in GS is 640, but it is still listed as 645 on the car list, a bit confusing.  But, I think this eliminates some of the cars in GS like the 06 Corvette ZO6 which can only get to a 642 P.I., someone want to clarify this please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7119
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:08 pm

No! We cannot race on Superbowl Sunday. Even though my boys got beat by San Fran I am not gonna miss the game. So the schedule start date is pending. But plenty of time to dial in your cars for testing and decide before Sign ups are open.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7119
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
Okay, the new rule for base P.I. in GS is 640, but it is still listed as 645 on the car list, a bit confusing.  But, I think this eliminates some of the cars in GS like the 06 Corvette ZO6 which can only get to a 642 P.I., someone want to clarify this please?

The base for GS is 640. I will be making some changes to the rules to accommodate for the new classes as well as simplify some of the language. The car lists are in the process of being updated to accurately reflect what is available.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Okay, the new rule for base P.I. in GS is 640, but it is still listed as 645 on the car list, a bit confusing.  But, I think this eliminates some of the cars in GS like the 06 Corvette ZO6 which can only get to a 642 P.I., someone want to clarify this please?

The base for GS is 640. I will be making some changes to the rules to accommodate for the new classes as well as simplify some of the language.  The car lists are in the process of being updated to accurately reflect what is available.

To make things clear Don the ZO6 can get wellllllll below that Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

avatar

Posts : 536
Points : 2452
Join date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:37 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Okay, the new rule for base P.I. in GS is 640, but it is still listed as 645 on the car list, a bit confusing.  But, I think this eliminates some of the cars in GS like the 06 Corvette ZO6 which can only get to a 642 P.I., someone want to clarify this please?

The base for GS is 640. I will be making some changes to the rules to accommodate for the new classes as well as simplify some of the language.  The car lists are in the process of being updated to accurately reflect what is available.

To make things clear Don the ZO6 can get wellllllll below that Wink
 not with the requirements

I can get it to 641 with the heaviest wheels and no upgrades to anything but a rear anti roll bar and race dif which only helps to add weight. Race slicks, roll cage, and downforce is all she's got. Maybe the requirements are not up to date?


Last edited by AAR GTDon on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hannibaljazz 98



Posts : 133
Points : 2096
Join date : 2012-07-17
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:40 pm

for this vote I think line off that is all off but abs on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:42 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Okay, the new rule for base P.I. in GS is 640, but it is still listed as 645 on the car list, a bit confusing.  But, I think this eliminates some of the cars in GS like the 06 Corvette ZO6 which can only get to a 642 P.I., someone want to clarify this please?

The base for GS is 640. I will be making some changes to the rules to accommodate for the new classes as well as simplify some of the language.  The car lists are in the process of being updated to accurately reflect what is available.

To make things clear Don the ZO6 can get wellllllll below that Wink
 not with the requirements

oh yes it can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Okay, the new rule for base P.I. in GS is 640, but it is still listed as 645 on the car list, a bit confusing.  But, I think this eliminates some of the cars in GS like the 06 Corvette ZO6 which can only get to a 642 P.I., someone want to clarify this please?

The base for GS is 640. I will be making some changes to the rules to accommodate for the new classes as well as simplify some of the language.  The car lists are in the process of being updated to accurately reflect what is available.

To make things clear Don the ZO6 can get wellllllll below that Wink
 not with the requirements

oh yes it can.

Hell you can get the Zr1 to 635 with the requirements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

avatar

Posts : 536
Points : 2452
Join date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I can get it to 641 with the heaviest wheels and no upgrades to anything but a rear anti roll bar and race dif which only helps to add weight. Race slicks, roll cage, and downforce is all she's got. Maybe the requirements are not up to date?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:45 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
I can get it to 641 with the heaviest wheels and no upgrades to anything but a rear anti roll bar and race dif which only helps to add weight. Race slicks, roll cage, and downforce is all she's got. Maybe the requirements are not up to date?


Put in the N/A LS motor Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

avatar

Posts : 536
Points : 2452
Join date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm

lol maybe we aren't talking about the same car, or maybe you are turbo glitching it, I don't glitch cars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:51 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
lol maybe we aren't talking about the same car, or maybe you are turbo glitching it, I don't glitch cars.

Sad day for you. To me its not glitching, its making the car NA (which should be an option when you think about it). And in a way Turn10 agrees since they dont ban people for having glitched cars (when they ban you for *everything*)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP33D RAC3R 28x



Posts : 215
Points : 1743
Join date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:13 pm

So in other words yes Don, the car needs to be glitche in order to make the proper P.I. why can't you just say it instead of acting like a child that knows a "secret" or arguing a point that is obviously based on misinformation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:16 pm

SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:
So in other words yes Don, the car needs to be glitche in order to make the proper P.I. why can't you just say it instead of acting like a child that knows a "secret" or arguing a point that is obviously based on misinformation?

I didnt. And i wasn't. You know maybe the people on here wouldnt be so jumpy at you if you weren't being jumpy yourself. I started by saying yes you can get it to PI assuming that he did know of glitching but hadnt thought of it. Then when he said nope i went ahead and said yes you could, put in the NA V8 as a joke at Forza's poor engine swap selection. My final post was different in subject as it shifted to defending the idea of glitching a car. Someone is a little cranky.

You should check that attitude though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7119
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 pm

That same removing of Turbo works great to get the ZR1 nicely into GT.   That is why I have split them. The Z06 is permitted in GS along with a couple other Vettes and the ZR1 and Z06 are the only vettes that fit and are permitted in GT.

Guys, let's not escalate.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR GTDon

avatar

Posts : 536
Points : 2452
Join date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Should be a ruling about this Pred.  I'm very aware of the glitches, the turbo, the suspension glitch and the tranny glitch and the tire glitch on certain cars.  I think that in a organized series it is cheating.  For hot lapping and playing around okay do what you like, but cheating engine parts on a sim car is no different than when it happens on a real car. Cheating is cheating, unless everyone knows about it and is made aware that they can legally do it.  As of right now it's cheating because it is not within rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SP33D RAC3R 28x



Posts : 215
Points : 1743
Join date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Not cranky or jumpy..... Just a little tired of seeing legitimate questions asked and seeing runaround or bullsnatch back.
Don was asking for clarity on an issue and got a riddle as an answer. Then the guy who gives the clear answer is patronized.... Good admin'ing IMO...... Keep up the good mature work buddy old pal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7119
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:42 pm

I am unaware of the tire glitch and the transmission glitch you speak of. I am not all that good at remembering how to do some of the engine swap/glitches. I do not consider it cheating. I consider it an optional build of a car.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
SP33D RAC3R 28x



Posts : 215
Points : 1743
Join date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:52 pm

I think don is simply suggesting that "aspiration removals by means of the 'turbo glitch' are permitted on cars in this series" be clarified in the actual rules so It's clearly accessible for everyone to know thats all. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAR GTDon

avatar

Posts : 536
Points : 2452
Join date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm

SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:
I think don is simply suggesting that "aspiration removals by means of the 'turbo glitch' are permitted on cars in this series" be clarified in the actual rules so It's clearly accessible for everyone to know thats all. :-)

Wow, someone gets what I'm saying!  It's all about being fair Pred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiredgun308



Posts : 292
Points : 2824
Join date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
Should be a ruling about this Pred.  I'm very aware of the glitches, the turbo, the suspension glitch and the tranny glitch and the tire glitch on certain cars.  I think that in a organized series it is cheating.  For hot lapping and playing around okay do what you like, but cheating engine parts on a sim car is no different than when it happens on a real car. Cheating is cheating, unless everyone knows about it and is made aware that they can legally do it.  As of right now it's cheating because it is not within rules.

How is it not with in the rules there is no rule on it. The rule of thumb has been if you can get it to base pi and have all required part its good to go. The way I look at it if you glitch it you basically are putting a restrictor on it and adding weight to the the car to slow it down. Which they do that all the time in racing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tachyon Racing



Posts : 192
Points : 2095
Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:05 pm

Hiredgun308 wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Should be a ruling about this Pred.  I'm very aware of the glitches, the turbo, the suspension glitch and the tranny glitch and the tire glitch on certain cars.  I think that in a organized series it is cheating.  For hot lapping and playing around okay do what you like, but cheating engine parts on a sim car is no different than when it happens on a real car. Cheating is cheating, unless everyone knows about it and is made aware that they can legally do it.  As of right now it's cheating because it is not within rules.

How is it not with in the rules there is no rule on it. The rule of thumb has been if you can get it to base pi and have all required part its good to go. The way I look at it if you glitch it you basically are putting a restrictor on it and adding weight to the the car to slow it down. Which they do that all the time in racing.

Would also think that the PI system in and of itself will control this - unless someone can build their car to be so dominant at base PI regardless of any increases to anyone else, it will not be relevant.  If everyone were sticking at 735 ongoing, could see there being reason for concern, but the actual driver results will normalize this over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO   

Back to top Go down
 
Season 12 Schedule / REVEAL / INFO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB
» LGSSAA Schedule
» MLB off season moves
» S7 Forza 3 F-Class Tourney - Season 3
» 2011-2012 Season

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forza Sports Car Series Forums :: SEASON 12 RACING INFORMATION / CHAT-
Jump to: