Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hendrick Motorsports

Go down 
+8
VeteranOutlaw76
F4H Diablo
T3AM CH3VROL3T
SaintedPlacebo4
AAR GTDon
Admin/PredatorUSMC
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AAR WolfPack
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:25 pm

I just ran a 7:19 minute mile Saturday and was not barely breathing hard. If your not a ummmmm rotund fella its cake. The run is pass or fail long as you can run the mile and a half in under 12 minutes you will pass. I mean I think you could nearly crawl a mile and a half in under 12 minutes!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:27 pm

I can do like a 6:20 mile as long as I'm in shape, and I could probably speed walk a mile in 12 haha. Im a 6'4 walking stick so ya I should be good.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Oh, then navy boot camp is gonna be like a summer camp for you. If you can do 25 push ups pretty quick without stopping I think you need to do 10 pull ups and the walk...er I mean run in under 12minutes you will be fine. Just do as your told the cake is yours. Now if you intend on doing anything combat oriented in the Navy then I would tell you the above statements do not apply.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Im gonna be a Machinists Mate on a ship. Not sure what ship yet though.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:30 pm

And here it is, going back to season 9 when wolf signed up in a blue ferrari f50(which happened to finish second at the leman race that season, nearly winning),two gamer tags ago, had no idea on how to tune(didn't have a differential), barely knew how to paint and slapped on a spy optics sticker. He will be piloting 4 blue spy optic cars in the upcoming lemans races Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 13252955663_e0e05625d6_o
Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 13252821635_fed1b7511f_o
Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 13252962783_50229d50bc
Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 13253164224_000071490d_o
Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 13252819695_ebc0473741
The paint scheme utilizes shading from the bottom up, starting with a regular gray, added on with gridded carbon fibre look seen from up close, black gradient shading is from the bottom up then the car is changed to blue. This gives the car a almost dirty shaded look that with the gridding added lets the car have a little more shine from a distance. A white side skirt and mirror finishes off the look.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 pm

lol im 5'4 195lbs I dont run well and have a bad knee and i still can run a mile in 7:45. Pushups aint nothing either. But pull ups as in hang from a bar and lift my chin over it? Well you might got me there...
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:04 pm

AAR WolfPack wrote:
Im gonna be a Machinists Mate on a ship. Not sure what ship yet though.

At 6ft 4 I can tell you that is gonna SUCK BIG TIME for you. I am 6ft 3 and when I did my float and spent about 30 something days on the ship I HATED it. I cannot tell you how many times you will bang your head! The racks are made for people 5ft 11 and under so you will not fit the racks...Ships are not made for tall people to be. Sainted could jump rope in in the links between doors and not get close to hitting his head....you and I must duck like 7 inches in order not to get another knot on the head!

Also if Marines are on board...stay out of their way. If you don't at least I warned you.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 pm

my friends that joined the navy said that its quite the opposite. That the only guys that could push them around like the way you once described marines doing to the sailors were when they had a seal team on their boat. Maybe the marines on their boat arent di**s or maybe things have changed?
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Machinist mate. Go talk to your recruiter and see if you can qualify for Nuclear Power. This is the best education available in the Navy, probably the entire military.

Saint, nothing has changed. The Marine Corps still has the highest levels of respect across the world. The Navy does a fine job hauling us around, amongst their other duties. The Air Force is one step from a civilian job. The Army? I laugh at their antics, after the fall of the USSR they are lost, no mission. Sloppy dressers.

.001% if the Navy is special ops. Their training ritual and theoretical missions are impressive. That commands respect, but they won't throw their weight around. Only a boot talks Boo boo. Some existences command respect without any statement. Mine, primarily. LOLOLOL.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 9:59 pm

from what i understand they said that their ship's superiors demand that all on the ship go by rank, and that does not change based on if one is in a different branch. ie: A marine grunt is equal to a sailor grunt. But like i said, im not there, its just what i have been told by people that i know.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:07 am

What they say and what happens are two entirely different things..
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:11 am

I suppose the same goes for you right Pred?
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:13 am

Today's military is very different from the one I served in 35 years ago, but some things remain the same or hearken back to an early time for better or for worse.  Typically the farther back in time you go, the more hardcore everything is.  

Today there is less division between branches than when I was in, back in the day. From my view, --old army infantry soldier that I am, all the branches have gotten very soft with lowered requirements and the introduction of woman to combat MOS's. But each era has their challenges, and though the physicality is not as great as it once was, the mental challenges are predominantly the same. 

War-time changes an army (navy, marine, air force, coast guard) in ways unique to the times, just as peace time does. Today's military is far more efficient than it has ever been as a result, having to do more with less while fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. War sharpens the military out of necessity to save lives, temporarily putting aside formalities as they prioritize the art of war and survival. It is reminiscent of WWII when military decorum and bearing only existed as informal command structures in order to defeat the enemy.

Through it all, the military remains a slave to politics and psychology, dictating its motivation and esprit de corps. The challenge for the individual soldier, sailor, airman, marine, and coast guard today is no different than yesterday.  It's still 90% mental, and only 10% physical, as my drill sergeants were fond of saying. It was true then, and it's true now. 

One of my sons serves aboard the USS Ronald Reagan nuclear aircraft carrier as a Navy Sailor, and I had the extreme pleasure of temporarily serving aboard with him, with the same rank and privileges he had, as his guest for 1 week at sea. Being an Army infantry veteran, it was very impressive to say the least. It also gave me a keen insight on how things have changed over the years as we interacted with all military branches.  One of the most moving and majestic things I've ever experienced was aboard the Reagan and the manning of the rails, as we silently left Pearl Harbor in salute to the USS Arizona Memorial, and the USS Missouri. The warm sun was rising over the mountains that misty morning eventually forming a rainbow over the harbor as we stood silently gliding past each ship on battleship row. There wasn't a dry eye I could see except for those in their dress whites manning the rails.  It was truly glorious. 

Yes, things are not nearly as hardcore and physically demanding as they once were, but that is always the case down through history.  Your greater challenge will be to get the most out of your service to your country by putting the most into it mentally more than physically. It still won't be easy, (and don't let anyone tell you it will be easy), but it can be very rewarding in the end.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:16 am

Very well written and insightful Don.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 am

I have the utmost respect for any military personal...
That being said...The merc "no bid" contractors ie like 'Dude Dangler' chaney's former black water blackin's the eye of the real nobal warrior's
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:36 pm

& lemans testing has started, no resting on our Loral's for this team.
Back to top Go down
VeteranOutlaw76

VeteranOutlaw76

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 pm

VeteranOutlaw has been seen on the track testing after his week off. He has been seen testing his new GTLM #13 Corvette.

Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Gs_ash10

Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Gt_ash10

Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Gtlm_a10
Back to top Go down
VeteranOutlaw76

VeteranOutlaw76

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Team shots taken today at Sunset speedway with the third car added to the stable, only one missing was Hannibal, out on his Honeymoon.

Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Getpeh10
Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Fo_ash10
Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Getpho12
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:30 pm

good job bud
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Came packed and loaded for bear this weekend.. good job to you guys in practice and qualifying. VeteranOutlaw has turned into what Brad Keselowski was to dale jr for me.. brought him in, tought him the ropes and he blows me AND saber out of the water in qualifying. SMH good job bud. Can he start this thing from the front and pull off an upset? the waiting for sunday begins..
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:51 pm

A couple notes &  things: 
Finished 11th in the NSA race the other night, my Chevy Camaro SS was struggling all over the place, no drive off the corners, braking was bad, over all slow then got lag hit. Shortened the points gap between Roscoe and I by about half. Matt won the race.

Ran my first TORA race this morning, Chevy let me drive SRT'S viper (although they not happy about that Wink ) Car was pretty decent, had a deficit from not qualifying but made about 90% of it up. Pretty confident my teammates can do the rest.

I am about 99.9 percent certain I will not race lemans next weekend. As a student, and that being my weekend off of work (the boss is on vacation so were closed) I will be off working on a project to get graduated. Life comes before racing and this is one of those things. No graduation= no navy. Procrastination Nation is not the thing to do haha. I might be back for GS and GT MAYBE, will most likely miss ST and GTLM. As a result of this, the paint scheme I was going to run at lemans, will be run tonight and tomorrow. See everybody on the track.
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Media Center, Sunset florida
R- "Hello Veteran, as we can see you seem to be tending to your wrist, care to explain what happened?"
V-Mr.Wolfpack and I had went on a skiing/snowboarding adventure on are week off. Well me after being out of it for 2 years and i fell a few times and landed wrong on it.

R- "was the wrist the reason you missed the ST drivers meeting, causing you to start at the back. As in getting it checked out?"
V- Yes, Doctor wanted to make sure i was 100%.

R-"Explain and elaborate how your weekend went, and the challenges and triumphs you had over the weekend. It seemed like you had the best weekend you've ever had. 
V- Well In ST the Doctor made it kind of difficult, But i tried to come back strong. After starting from the rear of the field i came back to place 5th. GS i knew i had a strong car. I just tried not beating it up to bad, I started by losing a few spots after an early pit stop i shuffled back into line 1 spot ahead after everybody pitted. After the front runners left i just played it safe knowing that i was faster then fourth. But im happy with my first podium finish. GT and GTLM were despicable after ok Qualifying the cars lost speed and cornering ability.

R- Do you think that the momentum will carry through to lemans, the sight of your first top 10? With wolf not getting to lemans, will this hurt team efforts or will you rely on Sabre, Hannibal and Ch3vorl3t to get notes and information? 
V- I'm think it will. I am now more familiar with my GTLM corvette knowing its strengths and weaknesses. My GT Koenigsegg is going to be a rocket(hopefully). Wolf is a big help getting everyone together, But i think me and sabre can take the helm is ST. With Hannibal and Ch3vorl3t for me at least aren't as much information reliant.

R- Might you take charge while he's on break, or will Mr Hendrick sort it out? 
V- Not sure yet we will see how it turns out.

R- You came here a few seasons ago, then left. Did you not feel ready and what has made the difference this season in your performance?
V- I felt like my skills were sub par and not competitive so i backed off. My biggest difference this year is support from my friends, teammates , family. After seeing my times this year I've built up more confidence to get my head up high and charge on.

R- How do you think the team chemistry is? Does everybody work well?
V-Yes, Every weekend we all get together and help each other with tuning and what works best.

R- With speculation of wolfs possible retirement, or to a part time schedule after this season, will you take the helm?
V-I would like to depending on my further situation.

R- What do you see the second of half the season, even more improvement? 
V- yes, Now that i have a taste of the of running up front i wont the whole thing ny winning.

R- excited for lemans?
V-Yes, I feel like my cars will be very strong.

Well thank you for your time veteran, congrats to you and Hendrick motorsports on there stellar run this weekend. Get this wrist healed, and good luck next week. 
Would AAR wolf pack please step in..
Back to top Go down
AAR WolfPack

AAR WolfPack

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:21 pm

Media Center, Sunset florida
R- How was your weekend? Do you ever get tired of running from track to track? From NSA to FSCS?
W- It went really well, would of been podiums across the board, just got snake bit in GTLM, which unfortunately is the nail in the coffin for the championship, but we'll see what happens the rest of the season. It was a long flight from Twin ring to sebring. The traveling back and forth from sebring to sunset wasn't bad as they are a couple miles away from each other  sure made the schedule a little more difficult though. 

R- We got reports that you ran in the 12 hours of Sebring. How Was your Stint and were did your team finish?
W- It went really well, we made up some ground in the first stint, had no problems until the last stint where the motor let go(lag out). Not quite sure where we finished. I sure did not want to hop out of the car it was a blast, but I had my duties to do at sunset.
R- After some strong finishs this weekend do you plan on coming back strong after Le Mans?
W- Absolutely. I've always been a second half of the season driver, so the #88 team is going to be something to watch out for. We are tired of finishing second. 

R- Are you confident in your team that they can operate smoothly without you?
W- I'm pretty confident they can do it. They all get along so they're should be no problems, just really going to have o focus.

R- After finishing right behind SP33D RAC3R so many times this year, Do you think you will be get by him for that win?
W- Ya know, I was driving last night and the though came to my mind "this is like tom and jerry, where tom never gets the mouse but is so close". We have had a car so so close on speed but he just inches away from us, its kind of like chinese torture. We WILL get up there and pass him, it is our turn to start winning races.

R- What do you think the strong points of HMS?
W- I am very happy with the way the points are going. I've had sub par teams before put together, and made the wrong choices not thinking things through on who we have, but this crew is great. I had a good crew last season just times changed and we went our separate ways. Hopfully we can stay in the points lead in team points.

R-With your very possible retierment at the end of the season do you hope to see the team stay together?
W- I really hope so. They all get along so well and work on improving. It isn't all about the speed as much as consistency. We have all worked hard to get to where we are and it would be a shame to see the leading Chevrolet team go down the drain.

Thank you for your time Wolfpack, congrats to you and Hendrick motorsports on there stellar run this weekend, See you at Maple Valley.
Back to top Go down
hannibaljazz 98

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:12 pm

I am back to gear up to race this weekend
Back to top Go down
VeteranOutlaw76

VeteranOutlaw76

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:25 pm

It will be mostly me and you hannibal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hendrick Motorsports   Hendrick Motorsports - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hendrick Motorsports
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next