Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT

Go down 
+23
MTBVator
Matthnt
jpnvr4
R3troD
moesavy
Predators41
RR Chelsea
Ruptured Duck77
THF dvsSublime
hannibaljazz 98
EFI Dyno2NR
Speed Demon 69
SaintedPlacebo4
Blahzay xxl
AAR GTDon
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
RR Russ Wheeler
NSA Roca
Manuel CR
SP33D RAC3R 28x
AAR WolfPack
EZT Sabre
Admin/PredatorUSMC
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:07 pm

The "clear" has to come when the last racer see the formation and all the procedure as it has to be.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:15 pm

v  Standard  Rolling  Start:  The  cars  will  depart  the  grid  at  a  moderate  speed.  Cars  will,  in  an  organized  manner  get  into  grid  order  as  quickly  and  safely  as  possible  while  making  one  (1)  formation  pace  lap  of  the  circuit  at  moderate  speed.  2.B  Cars  unable  to  complete  the  formation  lap  and  present  themselves  as  unsafe  or  unable  to  stay  in  formation  or  on  track  during  the  out/pace  lap  will  be  required  to  start  from  the  rear  of  the  grid  for  that  room.    v  Single  file  Rolling  Race  start  shall  be  carried  out  as  follows:  Speed  shall  be  around  60  -‐  80mph.  The  lead  car  shall  set  a  steady  pace  and  is  responsible  for  leading  the  field  to  a  safe  start.  Cars  shall  not  drastically  speed  up,  slow  down,  or  otherwise  "play  games".  Once  the  last  place  car  reaches  the  final  corner  on  the  front  straight  the  command  of  "CLEAR"  will  be  given.  As  soon  as  the  'CLEAR'  command  is  given  the  pole  driver  for  the  room  can  give  the  'GO  GO  GO'  command  and  the  race  begins.  2.C        Cars  out  of  a  single-‐file  line  when  the  GO  GO  GO'  command  is  given  will  be  considered  as  attempting  to  improve  their  position  and  could  receive  a  10  second  time  penalty  2.D        Cars  that  have  improved  their  position  prior  to  the  GO  GO  GO  command  or  who  are  deemed  to  have  jumped  the  start  will  be  penalized  with  a  15  second  time  penalty.  2.E  If  the  racer  who  jumps  the  start  passes  the  Lead/Pole  Position  driver  during  a  jump  of  the  start  the  time  Penalty  is  doubled  to  30  seconds.

I see lots of penalties coming.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:17 pm

when i looked at the replay it seemed like GTDon was slowed wayyyy up (200+feet) with the whole pack behind him and then floored it to anticipate the go and get a jump but then when speed didnt say go when don anticipated don had to slam his brakes, jp had to move off the line because if not he would got smacked by don. The chaos behind because they were like well if Don is going we are... except we werent. That is why we dont lay off at the start so we can get a run up and accelerate before the gogogo.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:20 pm

And it couldnt be Polly Podium, she cant drive two cars at once.
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:

Just want to let the fellas know we Officially have our first FEMALE RACER! !  ! Lets all welcome here and wish her the best of luck.

Your welcome  afro 

No Don, not Polly podium. lol

When I watched the replay I see the lead 4(ish) cars traveling at 68-71 then I see cars coming in to the already formed lineup at over 115mph with no intention of slowing down for the gogogo. I waited as long as possible to call go to avoid a turn 1 pile up. The cars who fanned out at the start were approaching the front pack waaaaaayyy too fast. The Koenigsegg never dropped below 76 for example. I waited a full 8 seconds before calling go, there should not have been a traffic jam.
Back to top Go down
MTBVator

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 pm

So, anyhoo, Congratulations to Speed for another victory. You have foiled my victory aspirations again! You don't make the mistake that I need to get past you.
Laguna Seca and here at Nurburgring Hobby course you have qualified on pole, which is each competitors goal. Sebring, I get pole, but foul up the start that sticks. I'll have to continue to work on my racing ability, which running in close contact with you helps. Stick'em dispensers above the rear wheels would be an ideal modification to my Audi.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:59 pm

All I know is that a whole lotta people were going way before the go was given. I was not in single file (because I rarely am so as to avoid accidental contact of any kind with the guy in front of me or behind me) and by the time I had caught up to the guy in front of me he was going slower than I was so it was best to pull to the side and not hit him. As I looked behind me right at that moment, I could see people already accelerating fast so I tried moving out of the way without getting ahead of the guy in front of me. People then flew by me right before the Go was given.

(They can make the game computer take over your car going into the pits, or starting at the drag strip, why not allow a "pace car mode" where the computer takes control of the entire grid for a perfect rolling start?)

The real key to a good rolling start, and it is almost never practiced here or anywhere, is for the pace to be predetermined, and then used for the entire length of the pace lap, rather than speeding around like amateurs and then slowing down to form the grid. Doing it the right way would eliminate the "accordion affect" and produce the most fair starts possible.  I guess that's why even the pros need a pace car.  They are so antsy to go they need a governor.  That, and they don't have speedometers. lol
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
when i looked at the replay it seemed like GTDon was slowed wayyyy up (200+feet) with the whole pack behind him and then floored it to anticipate the go and get a jump but then when speed didnt say go when don anticipated don had to slam his brakes, jp had to move off the line because if not he would got smacked by don. The chaos behind because they were like well if Don is going we are... except we werent. That is why we dont lay off at the start so we can get a run up and accelerate before the gogogo.

the replay was interesting.... study 

as for don's statement about nobody doing starts correct...it all falls from the front of the pack, a constant speed was not reached mid pack was afraid of the launch I was getting a saleen hit brakes backed everyone up worm and I hit brakes heard go...at go we were both doin under 80...moved rite passed the slackers
good weekend of racing everyone cheers  see all that pandering and calling me a bully... all for not Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:48 am

SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:

Just want to let the fellas know we Officially have our first FEMALE RACER! !  ! Lets all welcome here and wish her the best of luck.

Your welcome  afro 

When I watched the replay I see the lead 4(ish) cars traveling at 68-71 then I see cars coming in to the already formed lineup at over 115mph with no intention of slowing down for the gogogo. I waited as long as possible to call go to avoid a turn 1 pile up. The cars who fanned out at the start were approaching the front pack waaaaaayyy too fast. The Koenigsegg never dropped below 76 for example. I waited a full 8 seconds before calling go, there should not have been a traffic jam.
She didn't do to bad little bumps here and there took her aero away but definitely knows racing.
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:18 am

Blahzay xxl wrote:
SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:

Your welcome  afro 

She didn't do to bad little bumps here and there took her aero away but definitely knows racing.

I believe she's got a background in amateur touring cars. As for the car choice, there was no testing done and I didnt know the BMW only got a 6.8 handling  Shocked really glad everything went smoothly. I can't say a whoooooole lot but I can tell you she's been spotted testing cars at 530, 645, 785 and 985... Not too interested in points, just wants to have some fun.  cheers 

As for GT, she may be looking for a car change in the near future already lol. Even with more PI that BMW can't get better handling. I kinda dropped the ball on that one.

@Pred/roscoe/Don.... Is the Acura P2 car on the new list? Several ways to hit 985 and every PI around it. That may very well be her car.
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:29 am

MTBVator wrote:
So, anyhoo,  Congratulations to Speed for another victory.  You have foiled my victory aspirations again!  You don't make the mistake that I need to get past you.  
Laguna Seca and here at Nurburgring Hobby course you have qualified on pole, which is each competitors goal.  Sebring,  I get pole, but foul up the start that sticks.  I'll have to continue to work on my racing ability, which running in close contact with you helps.  Stick'em dispensers above the rear wheels would be an ideal modification to my Audi.  

As for this^^^^^ Vator, these have been 3 of the hardest races ive ever run (alps, Laguna, nur GP*s) running with faster people makes you faster for sure. I think for you, running in close contact with me helps refine the driving techniques you've developed and for me, having someone of your speed and persistence so close for so long as an immanent threat forces me to focus on the fine details that I would normally sloppily overlook. I see no real mystery in why we have been so fast this season. Pushing each other is making us both better drivers. Competition creates a sense of panic and that panic, when controlled can produce great lap times and awesome racing.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 8:28 am

@speed no Acura Sad bentley, aston's, audi's,Mazda, caddy, chevy, *pugot?
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 8:34 am

To the Salem Philly...
Welcome as the third female to sign up, hope to see you on track Smile

First female to sign was hiredgun308 bwahaha BLAMO \m/
2nd polycyiclic
Back to top Go down
SP33D RAC3R 28x

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 am

Is there a prototype list anywhere??
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:34 am

LAGUNA thread i could send it on fb but....what eves
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 am

SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:

@Pred/roscoe/Don.... Is the Acura P2 car on the new list? Several ways to hit 985 and every PI around it. That may very well be her car.

Thanks for reminding me I will update the available cars page today!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 am

SP33D RAC3R 28x wrote:

Thanks for reminding me I will update the available  cars page today!
^slacker lol
Back to top Go down
EFI Dyno2NR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 am

MTBVator wrote:
The clear command should be given when the grid is formed up, uniform(ish) gaps and speed.   simply giving the "clear" command when the last car has cleared the final turn will always have the back of the field traveling faster than the front.  

A solid grid, with each car traveling at 70mph,..  Well then we'll still have first turn pile ups.

That is a standard in WRS on GT. I think lower PI cars run at a 45 mph rolling and then GT equivalent cars and up do 70 I believe.
Back to top Go down
Manuel CR

Manuel CR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Moving the cars to the container area to take them home for a week off.   Will refresh them and be ready for the next block of races that includes Le Mans!

SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Vip10
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Preliminary Results Posted   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:23 pm

The Preliminary Results have been posted for Nurburgring GP Short.

http://forzascs.com/Season12/12NurburgringGPShortResults.html

Prototype Class Available Cars has been updated.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
EFI Dyno2NR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Well, at least I know what I did wrong in my setup. And GS went better as there was no lag crash, went well as that was all I wanted to do first time out was finish.
Smile
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:25 pm

EFI Dyno2NR wrote:
Well, at least I know what I did wrong in my setup. And GS went better as there was no lag crash, went well as that was all I wanted to do first time out was finish.
Smile
You will find thats the old saying...finishing is half the battle.... G.I.Joe
Back to top Go down
EFI Dyno2NR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:17 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
EFI Dyno2NR wrote:
Smile
You will find thats the old  saying...finishing is half the battle.... G.I.Joe

Hmm, being a person of graying hair and unfortunately the right age to remember all that clearly, I thought it was a short clip with a few kids doing something wrong then a Joe would teach them and the kid would go " Thanks Joe, Now we know" then followed by " And knowing is half the battle."

But I can buy what your selling there Wink
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Wow i can't believe your digging where i planted the potato's....
Thats rare in these parts....good to have you in the league bud if you need any help don't be afraid to ask Smile
Back to top Go down
EFI Dyno2NR

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
Wow i can't believe your digging where i planted the potato's....
Thats rare in these parts....good to have you in the league bud if you need any help don't be afraid to ask Smile

I taste what your chewing. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT   SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON 12 RACE 5 NURBURGRING GP SHORT
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next