Share | 

THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:10 pm

FSCS Veterans if you intend on signing up for Season X make sure you update your livery to Season X spec as posted per the livery rules.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Follow the Forza Sports Car Series on Twitter

FSCS TWITTER CLICK HERE

https://twitter.com/forzascs

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:29 pm

I know we got some twitches in here!

Follow the Forza Sports Car Series on Twitter

FSCS TWITTER CLICK HERE

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 am

The Website has been updated to prepare for the 10th Season of The Forza Sports Car Series.

>>>>CLICK FOR WEBSITE <<<<

I know we have some twitches in here!

Please Follow the Forza Sports Car Series on Twitter

FSCS TWITTER CLICK HERE

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Wed May 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Added a few GT and GS cars to the spotters guide.

If you want your car added please send me a picture sized 245 width x 92 height
preferrably a side shot like the others you can see.
Send it via a PM here or you could email it to me predatrusmc@gmail.com

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Follow us on twitter if you have an account. we post up pictures, lil tidbits of series trivia, a little info about the drivers...things ya might like trivia wise or just fun to know stuff.

@forzascs

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:46 pm

A NEW RULE HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

8.4 - If given a recommended PI increase and a racer chooses not to implement the increase for the following race he becomes locked in to that previous PI and is not free or able to later adjust to the recommended PI Increase or make a build change to the car. If it is found the racer chose not to use or decided against using the recommended PI increase the PI will be adjusted to revert back to the lower PI and the racer may be subject to no further adjustments at Admin discretion.

Complete Series Rules Click Here

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Just an FYI: The track maps on the website can be clicked which gives you a larger version of the track maps to see.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:41 am

A NEW RULE HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

4.2X Restart Procedure:

4.2X - Restarts of races due to early lap 1 or less collisions are allowed. Although frowned upon they are permitted due to the fact that incidents can be caused by lag.

There can only be two restarts under any circumstances.

The Driver who calls for the need of the restart must start the race from the rear of the field within class. If said driver is already in the final grid position the driver calling the need/request for the restart will then start the race from the absolute rear of the field regardless of class.

Complete Series Rules Click Here

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:37 pm

In regard to the new restart rule would it not make more sense to send the person who caused the damage to be sent to the back rather than the person affected.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:49 pm

SVT No Brakes wrote:
In regard to the new restart rule would it not make more sense to send the person who caused the damage to be sent to the back rather than the person affected.
this, plus i think sending the person to the back of the GS field, if they were GT, would just cause major problems in GS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Why not make them dive into the pits as a penalty for causing contact? If you cause contact on lap 1 and there is a restart you have to dive into the pits and basically start from the pits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Why not make them dive into the pits as a penalty for causing contact? If you cause contact on lap 1 and there is a restart you have to dive into the pits and basically start from the pits.

+1

And I definitely agree with NoBrakes and RB77 as well. The person who calls for the restart is usually not the cause of the incident. Likewise, the person causing the incident will almost never call for a restart, as they figure the incident was their fault and the honorable thing to do is run the race with the damage. It makes no sense to penalize the innocent victim even more for asking for a restart. However, I do like the idea of trying to reduce the number of restarts, but this is just not the way to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:23 am

SVT No Brakes wrote:

It would makes sense to put the at fault driver to the back. How would we determine that if the persons involved cannot decide on whose 'fault' it is?

The resolution I came up with was to put the requesting driver to the back of the pack. I figure this would be incentive first of all not to have early contact and secondly not call for a restart for minor damage contact. The restart should only be used for heavy contact or first lap multiple vehicle incidents.

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:53 am

If you insist on sending someone to the back it ought to be all the drivers involved in the incident. The few times I have called for a restart (or should have called for one) there was absolutely NOTHING I could have done to avoid the incident besides just pulling over and stopping at the start of the race. With this rule all someone has to do to gain a free position is hit someone hard enough that they ask for a restart. This rule is just asking for trouble, and it may even cause more restarts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
SVT No Brakes wrote:

It would makes sense to put the at fault driver to the back. How would we determine that if the persons involved cannot decide on whose 'fault' it is?

The resolution I came up with was to put the requesting driver to the back of the pack. I figure this would be incentive first of all not to have early contact and secondly not call for a restart for minor damage contact. The restart should only be used for heavy contact or first lap multiple vehicle incidents.

Thats pretty easy. Say I rear end someone due to lack of knowledge of where they brake for turn 1. The incident would be my fault. If there is side by side damage both drivers are at fault. One person rear ends another, its not the person in fronts fault, its the following driver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:35 pm

There are a few places I post information, results and pictures. Any racers from the series are more than welcome to comment, or give the series a good word or two on one of these places.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/6139731/ShowThread.aspx#6139731

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/6094054.aspx

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:41 pm

bigdutyDMomoney wrote:
If you insist on sending someone to the back it ought to be all the drivers involved in the incident. The few times I have called for a restart (or should have called for one) there was absolutely NOTHING I could have done to avoid the incident besides just pulling over and stopping at the start of the race. With this rule all someone has to do to gain a free position is hit someone hard enough that they ask for a restart. This rule is just asking for trouble, and it may even cause more restarts.

I can completely see this as an opening for an underhanded move. I wouldnt like to think that people can stoop that low but lets be serious No . Hmm. This is tough. Pred's is definitive and precise, "Guy who calls for it goes to the back" but leaves the door open for some shady dealings. Hmmmmm. This one really has me thinking of a way to be precise and considerate. scratch Hmm a fine line to walk. Sending everyone involved is a solution i suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:45 pm

I would like to think we have a fairly honest group of racers here in this series. If a racer causes the need for a restart why wouldn't he/she just admit it? I am not trying to cause a riot here. I am simply looking for a way to eliminate or at the least curtail the amount of restarts by making the driver or drivers more responsible for their actions by making the responsible driver go to the back of his class's field. If it happens to be the last driver in that field then that driver must have some sort of penalizing factor also.

So to sum it up The rule will remain but will be re-structured and re-worded. I think if a driver hits someone on lap 1 and they feel they are in the wrong a simple " hey I hit so and so can we get a re-start its my fault" Or the driver who got hit can say "I just got hit by so and so can we get a restart" and the driver who caused the need for the restart by hitting the requesting driver will go to the rear. This early in the race there would easily be someone else who saw the contact occur and could confirm who was the initiator of the contact. HOWEVER, this is a 2 time thing. There WILL BE NO third restarts. and none past lap 1. It's simple our races are not 7 lap sprints. There is no reason to make a VERY aggressive move that puts yourself and other drivers at risk. If the pass is there and can be made clean go for it. But if the risk outweighs the reward there are plenty of laps left to race.

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Matthnt wrote:
Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
SVT No Brakes wrote:

Thats pretty easy. Say I rear end someone due to lack of knowledge of where they brake for turn 1. The incident would be my fault. If there is side by side damage both drivers are at fault. One person rear ends another, its not the person in fronts fault, its the following driver.

This would work most of the time. I don't think it would work all the time because Forza damage is so unpredictable. I've rear ended others and been rear ended in (in practice) and only had side damge even though it was clear the cars only touched bumpers.

But seriously, rewarding drivers with a free position for causing a restart is a TERRIBLE idea.

It would be nice if the offending driver would be the one to ask for a restart, but as I said before, I have NEVER seen this happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:05 pm

I think what pred is going for is the best solution. Atleast as for as i can see its the best one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Really? The best solution? Think about it. All it does is actualy encourage agressive driving on the first 2 starts. I bet if this rule is implemented like it is, we will have 2 restarts EVERY single race.

If you look at it realistically, it's just plain stupid NOT to dive bomb who ever is in front of you going into turn 1. Worst case scenario is that it actually works and you complete the pass cleanly. Its even better if you end up slamming into that person, because their best option is still to call for a restart and go to the back instead of driving the whole race with damage. This way you have still picked up a posistion, and the person who asked for the restart now has a long way to go to catch back up to you, instead of being right behind you.

Last edited by bigdutyDMomoney on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

I have no idea where you get the 'rewarding' a driver a free position for causing an incident from? Suspect I have clearly stated the person who causes the incident would go to the rear of the field. What I am trying to do is have that driver who caused it ask for it. If not then the driver hit would just say hey I just got hit by driver x and I need a restart. Driver X would then go to the back if A. He admits it was his fault or B. a witness also confirms fault. If we cannot determine fault then positions remain and there are still a MAXIMUM of two restarts. And just an FYI in a rear ending that is always the driver who hit the back of the other drivers cars fault.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Ok, you have seen my solution.

How about you guys submit your solutions in rule format. Lets hear your ideas. The best one will be implimented as a rule. If none are more decisive than the current and new rule then it will stand with a minor re-wording. This is your chance...Write the rule

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:31 pm

I say it's "rewarding" the driver with a free position because that's what it will effectively do. There is still no incentive for the offending driver to admit his guilt. When no one has been willing to do that in the past, why would making it even more costly to admit fault encourage them to do so? Therefore, the only people who are going to ask for a restart will still be the helpless victims, causing them to go to the back of the pack and moving the offending driver up one spot on the grid.

I like matt's solution the best so far. I'm not sure if this is what he meant but the location of the damage cannot be the only deciding factor. How about if it's a front-to-rear contact, the person in the back is clearly at fault and must take some kind of penalty. If the cars are at least somewhat side to side, or it's not a clear rear-ending incident, it becomes much more difficult to assign blame. In most cases I think this would mean the both parties could have potentially avoided the contact by giving the other driver more room. In this case both drivers would have take some kind of penalty, but maybe not nearly as much of a penalty.

Since going to the back of the class is no loss for someone who is already at the back, or even very near the back, extra pit stops or extra time added to the final time are better solutions to me. I think in clear cases of rear-ending, going to the back, as well as the pit/time penalty would be fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL   

Back to top Go down

THE WEBSITE INFORMATION CENTRAL
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next