Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps

Go down 
+6
gdub369
Zed 0 Sick
PickNick5
Bradsz
PredatorUSMC
Admin/PredatorUSMC
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Spurtle wrote:
I guess when I get my next top 2 finish I'll have to remember to clear the field by 36 seconds from a lower room and not 1:05 seconds in A room.

THIS WILL NOT LOSE YOU PI. NOTED.

Only person that needs a notable PI decrease is pronebird. Pred ALWAYS runs fast at maple and thats because his ferrari is good around there. I mean, his average finish around that track is like 3rd. Pronebird is the only one who needs to be slowed down. Because although Pronebird is fast, his evora is gettiing him around tracks like maple 2 seconds faster than anyone else.

Also, predator: me and LBAW Grandsport have the same number.

Last edited by Chenstrap on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:24 pm

My mind does not have the intelligence to comprehend your brilliance. I bow down to you sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Please let me make this perfectly clear before I comment. I have no problem with the 15 pi hit.

With that said how can you justify 2nd and 3rd place not taking a hit there. I make have run 2 seconds faster than the field, but Grandsport also ran a 24.3 during the race and predator beat him. Common sense also tells me that predator probably ran close to this time and that is still 1 second plus faster than the rest of the field.

Oh and if it were the car that were so fast then I would have been beaten by the other evoras that have so much more pi right Chenstrap? It just isn't that I am a good tuner and a fast driver right. Freaking insulting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Pr0nebird wrote:
Please let me make this perfectly clear before I comment. I have no problem with the 15 pi hit.

With that said how can you justify 2nd and 3rd place not taking a hit there. I make have run 2 seconds faster than the field, but Grandsport also ran a 24.3 during the race and predator beat him. Common sense also tells me that predator probably ran close to this time and that is still 1 second plus faster than the rest of the field.

Oh and if it were the car that were so fast then I would have been beaten by the other evoras that have so much more pi right Chenstrap? It just isn't that I am a good tuner and a fast driver right. Freaking insulting.

I said in my post that you were fast in general. At no point did i say "Pronebirds ONLY fast in the evora." but there is no way you would have been running THAT much faster then everyone else had you been in one of the other cars. Would you have been faster? maybe. But theres no way you would have been 2 seconds faster per lap like you were.

So, maybe instead of getting insulted, you should have read past the second sentence in my post. You know, the part where i say pronebird is fast but that his evora is easily the fastest car in the series. Im not trying to insult you by any means. so please dont think i am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Fine whatever.

Just please explain to me why 2nd and 3rd don't deserve pi hits when they run laps 1+ seconds faster than the field?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Pr0nebird wrote:
Fine whatever.

Just please explain to me why 2nd and 3rd don't deserve pi hits when they run laps 1+ seconds faster than the field?

The rest of the field for the most part got adjusted upwards. Maybe pred and Grandsport need to be adjusted down, but we also need look at the fact that maple is a handling track. the evora and 458 are good around there. I dont think they will be as sominant at tracks in the future. speed cars dominated Sebring, handling cars dominated maple. times will probably be closer in the future. I just dont think they need something significant.
Back to top Go down
OutrunNAScaR14

OutrunNAScaR14

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:36 pm

NASCAR
Back to top Go down
http://codypuckettracing.info

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Thank you NASCAR.

The point is simply this: Prone deserves a pi hit. However, so does pred and grandsport along the same logic. They were uncatchably fast and the point of using the pi system is to bring everyone together, taking into account where cars will be fast and where they won't be slow.

If you were to say that prone deserves the hit because iberian is also a handling track, then so does pred and grandsport. If the logic is reversed, then we already set he precident by penalizing a speed car before a handling track. Quite simply, let's even out the field 5-10 at a time, not drastically separating 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 am

Spurtle wrote:
Thank you NASCAR.

The point is simply this: Prone deserves a pi hit. However, so does pred and grandsport along the same logic. They were uncatchably fast and the point of using the pi system is to bring everyone together, taking into account where cars will be fast and where they won't be slow.

If you were to say that prone deserves the hit because iberian is also a handling track, then so does pred and grandsport. If the logic is reversed, then we already set he precident by penalizing a speed car before a handling track. Quite simply, let's even out the field 5-10 at a time, not drastically separating 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I say prone deserves the hit because the evora is the best car in the series. Also, pred finished 9th @ sebring, prone finished 4th. Pred was fast around maple, but he wont be as dominant around other tracks. Pred is always fast around maple. Look at his finishes in past seasons. He does not need a large PI hit like youre talking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 am

Chenstrap I appreciate your input. I just have a problem with pred saying he wasn't go to give himself a pi hit immediately after the race. It sets a double standard. I'm sorry for causing a stink, nor am I trying to play favorites, but I just want to see fair treatment for all.

With that being said I do give pred a lot of credit, as you can't please everyone. It's a tough job, and I'm glad I'm not the one doing it.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if things even out like they should...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:29 am

Spurtle wrote:
Chenstrap I appreciate your input. I just have a problem with pred saying he wasn't go to give himself a pi hit immediately after the race. It sets a double standard. I'm sorry for causing a stink, nor am I trying to play favorites, but I just want to see fair treatment for all.

With that being said I do give pred a lot of credit, as you can't please everyone. It's a tough job, and I'm glad I'm not the one doing it.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if things even out like they should...

Yup.

Allright guys, im redoin my livery. What should my title sponsor be?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:43 am

Ok here is the logic. I have been 'adjusting' the cars for a while now (and watching professional racing for over 25 years) and in my experience here is what I learned that maybe you folks are NOT thinking about. There are many more factors that determine finishing position other than strictly speed of car and driver that come into play.
For example, 4 of the faster cars in A room took themselves out of contention. Because they were fast and crashed doesn't mean they are not capable. Just means they screwed up. Another example, i know that iTsZ BrAdsZ is fast but is having a bad run to start. He is capable of winning as is his car so he gets no adjustment, he and his teammate simply have to get it together. PredatorUSMC went from 9th on the grid qual to second because many a room racers took some form of damage that slowed them down. The Ferrari took none until lap 22 and that was 2% engine damage which then pitted next lap back to 0% then touched a wall on lap 37 but only minor damage.

The point of this long post is to say this. In the 'other' series you run in prone and spurtle it is just a simple first gets you a hit and last gets you a gain. This formula is not effective to me. Many more factors to consider to equalize the field effectively.

Other things to think about..The Evora is not a fast straight line top end car, yet on sebring pr0nebird managed to really be fast, then on the track where he 'should' have been fast he dominated. So there is an obvious disparity there that needs to be addressed and was. You may need to broaden your scope of just first and second etc.. and look at the BIG picture because that is what I do.

Right now there are many who could win a race if they would not crash, flip, hit walls etc. if the top 10 all crash out and the 14th racer wins by 2 minutres should he get a decrease? umm no. He was obviously slower but ran cleaner or a smarter race.

PredatorUSMC lap times averaged 1:25.6-1:26.1 the laps were very consistent with almost no error and no off track excursions. After watching the replays (all of them) there were many who were running similar but just making mistakes, hitting walls, braking too late and going in the grass, etc. A prime example that comes to mind is BallHawgg. The Lexus LF-A was very capable of being top 3 but mistakes removed that ability. So he deserves a PI bump because he crashed out? nuff said

That's all the justification you get outta me.

Admin.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:45 am

Admin wrote:
Ok here is the logic. I have been 'adjusting' the cars for a while now (and watching professional racing for over 25 years) and in my experience here is what I learned that maybe you folks are NOT thinking about. There are many more factors that determine finishing position other than strictly speed of car and driver that come into play.
For example, 4 of the faster cars in A room took themselves out of contention. Because they were fast and crashed doesn't mean they are not capable. Just means they screwed up. Another example, i know that iTsZ BrAdsZ is fast but is having a bad run to start. He is capable of winning as is his car so he gets no adjustment, he and his teammate simply have to get it together. PredatorUSMC went from 9th on the grid qual to second because many a room racers took some form of damage that slowed them down. The Ferrari took none until lap 22 and that was 2% engine damage which then pitted next lap back to 0% then touched a wall on lap 37 but only minor damage.

The point of this long post is to say this. In the 'other' series you run in prone and spurtle it is just a simple first gets you a hit and last gets you a gain. This formula is not effective to me. Many more factors to consider to equalize the field effectively.

Other things to think about..The Evora is not a fast straight line top end car, yet on sebring pr0nebird managed to really be fast, then on the track where he 'should' have been fast he dominated. So there is an obvious disparity there that needs to be addressed and was. You may need to broaden you scope of just first and second etc.. and look at the BIG picture because that is what I do.

Right now there are many who could win a race if they would not crash, flip, hit walls etc. if the top 10 all crash out and the 14th racer wins by 2 minutres should he get a decrease? umm no. He was obviously slower but ran cleaner or a smarter race.

PredatorUSMC lap times averaged 1:25.6-1:26.1 the laps were very consistent with almost no error and no off track excursions. After watching the replays (all of them) there were many who were running similar but just making mistakes, hitting walls, braking too late and going in the grass, etc. A prime example that comes to mind is BallHawgg. The Lexus LF-A was very capable of being top 3 but mistakes removed that ability. So he deserves a PI bump because he crashed out? nuff said

That's all the justification you get outta me.

Admin.

Any idea on whos changing their number? (me and LBAW Grandsport both have #50)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:46 am

LBAW he is the Rookie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:48 am

Admin wrote:
LBAW he is the Rookie.

TY sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:19 pm

Well just remember the big picture includes my rear bumper. Please broaden your horizons and don't run into it next time.

Spurtle.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 8:44 pm

That must be directed toward someone in particular.

The new race video is up AND there is a new page dedicated to the race videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:05 pm

LOL. i just read that thinking it was aimed at me and all i could think was "The fuckk are u talkin about?" lol
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:51 am

I remember last season On suzuka, I finished 3rd, while 1st and second place beat me by a distance that rivals that of a trip to the moon. I ended up being the only person to receive a P.I. reduction after that race. Pred may be fast around maple, but that doesn't mean he is any faster than the rest of the front runners as a driver. Cars that are quick around maple, have the ability to do well around iberian, mugello, silverstone, and suzuka... Fair is fair, and I have received my share of PI reductions every season whether it be car or driver related. So I feel I know how the whole reduction game works.(Not just picking on drivers I couldn't catch even if the playing field were equal like our resident forum troll chenstrap seems to be doing) Oh lol and Merry Christmas to all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:40 am

didnt realize that calling someone fast but acknowledging that their car needs to be slowed down pretty drastically (as is the case with prone, and i know you feel the same way) was picking on someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Actually it is quite insulting to the driver of the car. It's basically saying, "Yeah you're fast, but it's the car that's getting you those lap times."

You take away all credit from the person who put the car together. Maybe instead say that the build or tune needs to be slowed down. It is, after all, what takes a car from good to great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Pr0nebird wrote:
Actually it is quite insulting to the driver of the car. It's basically saying, "Yeah you're fast, but it's the car that's getting you those lap times."
You take away all credit from the person who put the car together. Maybe instead say that the build or tune needs to be slowed down. It is, after all, what takes a car from good to great.

That is EXACTLY what im saying. If you were not in that evora, you wouldnt be running 2 seconds faster per lap than everyone else. Would you still be faster? Possibly. But theres a reason a few members were lobbying for the Evora to get banned before the season started.Because that car is stuPid fast. The same shit happened in season 2 with the Viper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:29 pm

And yet the Rossion Q1 holds the number 12 spot in the leaderboards on that track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Pr0nebird wrote:
And yet the Rossion Q1 holds the number 12 spot in the leaderboards on that track.

Because everyone on the leaderboards runs the same specs as us.

edit: woops caps lock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Of course not, but that car with his build would fit the series specs easily. 489 horsepower.

I have several tunes I have done for that car and it will run comparable times to the lotus even around sebring. Maybe a difference of 2 or 3 tenths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps   Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 2 Maple Valley Raceway 40 Laps
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next