Forza Sports Car Series Forums
 
HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Race 3 Iberian International Circuit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7145
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 am

http://f3scs.com/Schedule4.html

Well after a long holiday break it's come time to put the driving helmets back on, don your race suits and hit the track! We are fast approaching the fastest 1.5 miles of the season. Things are hectic, fast and tricky, but that is nothing for the talent that is present in the Forza Sports Car Series. Time to burn the track up!


Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
Zed 0 Sick

avatar

Posts : 179
Points : 2838
Join date : 2010-09-18
Location : Circleville, Ohio

PostSubject: This weekends race Iberian   Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:48 pm

What are peoples thoughts on this weekends hand selected track? I think it's an okay choice this could make or break people.


Last edited by Zed 0 Sick on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PickNick5

avatar

Posts : 53
Points : 2738
Join date : 2010-07-22
Location : Roxboro NC

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 pm

i think its a shitty track i dont make the schedule so ill do my best lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/picnickz06
-]v[ETA]_-

avatar

Posts : 324
Points : 3175
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Parker, Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:16 am

nilla wayfaz wrote:
i think its a shitty track i dont make the schedule so ill do my best lol

its way better in reverse
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:03 pm

i believe this track is a tad bit to small for the power of the cars. but it should be a interesting race. as for close racing im try to keep a car length cuz the curves are too quick and close but ey. i guess make the best of it.
Back to top Go down
OutrunNAScaR14

avatar

Posts : 29
Points : 2692
Join date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

I love this track hehe flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://codypuckettracing.info
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7145
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Guys, we can't all like all tracks. As for the lil gauntlet known as Iberian...last season it produced a great race that afterwards people talked fondly of. As much as its hated it produces great racing and that is what it's all about.

Additionally, we need a bit of diversity in the types of tracks we run. I think we have a great variety with the current schedule.

This track reminds me a bit of mosport, short, fast, curvy, with elevation changes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
-]v[ETA]_-

avatar

Posts : 324
Points : 3175
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Parker, Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:41 am

Admin wrote:
Guys, we can't all like all tracks. As for the lil gauntlet known as Iberian...last season it produced a great race that afterwards people talked fondly of. As much as its hated it produces great racing and that is what it's all about.

Additionally, we need a bit of diversity in the types of tracks we run. I think we have a great variety with the current schedule.

This track reminds me a bit of mosport, short, fast, curvy, with elevation changes.


yea its is fast, curvy, and has elevation changes, but they aren't jumping and they aren't really hitting a wall right before a braking zone. thats y i told you before about the reverse. its still fast, still elevation changes, barely jumping, and not damaging your suspension. i would advise testing it for next season, instead of the regular, besides the first corner is very tricky. it would make for some great passing.

yea we can't like every track tracks pred i don't disagree with you on that, but some are just beyond stupid, the fact that there is a jump at the nurbur just adds too my point. its dumb, it wasn't there to begin with, why have it. last time i checked jumping cars isn't really a big thing for road course racing, especially at the speeds we are reaching. if you want jumps and crazy stuff, do motocross, rally, rallycross, or whatever but don't bring it in here.

now im not saying i don't like this track either. its just stupid because of how fast we are going on it, its a fun little track don't get me wrong, its just not something you race fast cars on
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Just replace Iberian with New York Full.


The "Wildcard" racetrack.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7145
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:58 pm

All of this could have been on the tracks thread instead of creating a new thread. However, With all of that said I understand where you are coming from. I agree with the no jumps.

So with that said what do you say about a last second track change? (considering) if it happens I will announce tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
BIMM3RR

avatar

Posts : 169
Points : 3020
Join date : 2010-01-23
Location : Alpharetta, GA

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Those tire walls on new york are a disaster waiting to happen. If one person wrecks in those everyone behind them will be collected. I think iberian is fine, mainly because it is a SHORT race for this series. Unless we are switchin to laguna seca, thats prob the only track i'd be willing to switch to...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zed 0 Sick

avatar

Posts : 179
Points : 2838
Join date : 2010-09-18
Location : Circleville, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 pm

KIR BIMM3R wrote:
Those tire walls on new york are a disaster waiting to happen. If one person wrecks in those everyone behind them will be collected. I think iberian is fine, mainly because it is a SHORT race for this series. Unless we are switchin to laguna seca, thats prob the only track i'd be willing to switch to...
yeah I'd rather have Seca than New York...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Admin wrote:
All of this could have been on the tracks thread instead of creating a new thread. However, With all of that said I understand where you are coming from. I agree with the no jumps.

So with that said what do you say about a last second track change? (considering) if it happens I will announce tonight.

Iberian Reverse defenitely. people already know the layout. For simplicitys sake just reverse it.
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

avatar

Posts : 169
Points : 3020
Join date : 2010-01-23
Location : Alpharetta, GA

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

I don't think under any circumstances is a track raced in reverse in any sanctioned racing series, so I couldn't disagree more with a series race on a reversed track... Only Turn 10 is gay enough to put that shit in the online hoppers, lets not condone such nonsense!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:40 pm

I would take serious issue with changing the race track now. You've had three weeks prepare for this circuit. Changing it with 3 days till the race is really not a good idea. Especially if people show up and haven't checked the forums.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 pm

KIR BIMM3R wrote:
I don't think under any circumstances is a track raced in reverse in any sanctioned racing series, so I couldn't disagree more with a series race on a reversed track... Only Turn 10 is gay enough to put that shit in the online hoppers, lets not condone such nonsense!

So because it isnt done in real life means we shouldnt do it now?

And theres a reason racing series dont do that: They have a wider choice of tracks than we do. we have to work with what we have.
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

avatar

Posts : 169
Points : 3020
Join date : 2010-01-23
Location : Alpharetta, GA

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:31 pm

The reason it isn't done chenstrap is because tracks are designed to be run in a specific direction last time i checked... Not because they have a wider selection of tracks they can race on.. On another note, unless we run laguna seca (something I assume we are all more than familiar with) I completely oppose any change in track at this point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 am

KIR BIMM3R wrote:
The reason it isn't done chenstrap is because tracks are designed to be run in a specific direction last time i checked... Not because they have a wider selection of tracks they can race on.. On another note, unless we run laguna seca (something I assume we are all more than familiar with) I completely oppose any change in track at this point...

And last time we talked about Iberian, we came to the conclusion it was a fantasy track. Its not like we would be racing "Suzuka Reverse." That jump is something put in by the developers, not engineers.

IF we decide to switch, we should run the track reversed.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

avatar

Posts : 324
Points : 3175
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Parker, Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:13 am

bimmer its not that racing the track in reverse is a problem. the fact is its a fantacy track right?, its made for slower cars. i tested the reverse version of it and it seems to flow much nicer than forward, i was only advising people to test it out and not criticize my call for being farfetched. i truely believe in that the reversed version for THIS TRACK is better than forward. I understand where you are coming from because maple reverse sucks balls quite frankly. but for our speeds at This track reverse is much better, i advise you to take a few laps and see for yourself.

also i agree with bimmer seca all the way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Zed 0 Sick

avatar

Posts : 179
Points : 2838
Join date : 2010-09-18
Location : Circleville, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:00 am

no reason to flame or get excited Pred said last night he is was 99% sure he wasn't changing any of the tracks on the current schedule unless there is some sort of a huge flaw in the track or pitting area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 am

i vouch for zed. hot shots pre run last night gave me the insight i needed on that track. reversing the track i dont particularly care for. in my personal opinion. 50 laps will be fast and there will be some accidents if space is not allowed. especially coming over that hill.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3765
Points : 7145
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : West Coast

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:57 am

http://f3scs.com/Schedule4.html

Here are the Qualifying Rooms for race 3 at Iberian Raceway

(Host) PredatorUSMC
PLF Spurtle
Gdub369
KIR BIMM3R
PrOnebird
Chenstrap
METAL C6R
xX SCIENCE Xx

(Host) Dwilkerson
EZT PDILLY77
nilla wayfaz
Ball Hawgg
Bansai San
LBAW Hiredgun
BasicBlaq
dvls ONYN rng
purefatcat

(Host) Zambo367
ArcAngel Tech
LBAW Grandsport
fattymicpatty
iWreckWorlds
Zed O Sick
slow06gto
EZT Neo 45
Ca5ino Royale
L3THAL RAC3R

(Host) iTsz BrAdSz
Gunned Veteran
ArcAngel Shogun
ArcAngel Lethal
CatchingOne
OutrunNAScar14
silentalarm42
L3THALRAID3N
iWreckRookies


++Some rooms overbooked due to possible no shows++ ( I figure some attrition would occur after the break along with the normal quitters)

PRE RACERS
hot shot 330p4
wolf4k4smash


***As always we will adjust for No shows. Room Set up to begin and 3:30 PST Sunday 9th*****
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
Bradsz

avatar

Posts : 510
Points : 3164
Join date : 2010-09-12
Location : Birmingham, Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:08 pm

i think everybody, well mostly done really good not to get some damage to where it would mix the tables around alot, so i think it ended off a good race and it was a track for the serious calm and fast thinkers even the best was struggling under pressure form other drivers at times, also thanks to PDILLY and Dwilkerson for some of the best racing in this serious so far all 3 of us was pushing the corners and also we got so close at times and none of us got damage, i think that is amazing racing, just i know tyre wear on that track was aproblem for me, i knew it wasnt slowing me down alot but i was slowly running off pace, but anyway good race with everyone, i think it went down a very good race! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Zed 0 Sick

avatar

Posts : 179
Points : 2838
Join date : 2010-09-18
Location : Circleville, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:11 pm

I'd have to say this race was one of the funnest races I've ever been in Metal and I battled out nearly half of the race and stayed really clean, everyone was a good sport in the race we had a few guys who were laggy in some parts of the race and a few got kicked out but it was a good race. Bimmer was on his way for top 3 maybe even a win in the race, Pronebird had a misfortune and nearly blew his motor with I think something like 19 to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PredatorUSMC

avatar

Posts : 187
Points : 3025
Join date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:55 pm

The race was great! It was a battle from beginning to end. I had an unfortunate event with a lapped racer on lap 45 ( forgive my cursing you out...forgot my mic was on Shocked)that enabled PLFSpurtle to get by. I tried to get back by but just couldn't pull it off. He beat by less than a car length. Overall a great race. I think people have a different opinion of the track now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Race 3 Iberian International Circuit   

Back to top Go down
 
Race 3 Iberian International Circuit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» TCC Meeting 5 Discussion Thread – IBERIAN (Full Circuit)
» Silverstone International Lap Times!
» EZT StockHatch Series 1 - Race 8: Iberian Full - Series Finale
» Race Day - Circuit de Prague
» TFD Round 5 - Maple Valley Short Circuit - Results

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forza Sports Car Series Forums :: Season 4 PLF Spurtle GT Champion-
Jump to: