70% [ 7 ]
No
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 pm

how many of you would be interested in the return of the slower class for next season? We have a load of new racers and I was seeing who would be interested in doing this. Pred said he wouldn't mind having the GTC class if someone else would run it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 pm

By looking at the standings I think what you have going right now is absolutely perfect. The competetion is very close and you would be splitting up the number of competitors that you have right now, which, in my opinion, will reduce a lot of the close racing you are seeing right now.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm

yeah that is quite true, but with all of the people we had sign up at the start of this season we might be able to draw in more with having a slower class. It's just an idea and if enough people would be willing to do this I'd take full responsibility of running the series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

What about running the slower class on a different day, so people can run both classes if they want? That way you don't have to worry too much about splitting the series, and everyone has the option of running the slower or faster (or both) cars if they want.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:33 pm

I wouldn't mind doing them on Saturday night if we get enough people and than hold the GT race on sunday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I'd race. Make it the same track that the GT series is doing, but a different flavor of the track if there is one, and a smaller amount of laps.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Yeah it's all up to pred though he said if someone would do the series he'd let them, but we'll see how this season boils out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

i would race in a slower class. it may be fun. same restrictions on cars and all. just let me know what class it is and im in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Wed need 2 do this oon a week night.Preferably wendesday or monday nights.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:21 pm

Well I know a few people in the series are picking up on Spurtles series and it's on Tuesday's this would keep people from racing in our series or his series and I don't want there to be any conflict...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Zed 0 Sick wrote:
Well I know a few people in the series are picking up on Spurtles series and it's on Tuesday's this would keep people from racing in our series or his series and I don't want there to be any conflict...

wut?

Spurtles is run on tuesdays and ours (currently) is run on Sundays.You have fun convincing people to race on Saturdaay nights.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 pm

if we do it on monday some people might be like well I really wanan race in Jacks series but Deans series is more fun kind of thing, it could be a conflict. I'd be willing to do it on Sunday night and just have the split series but I'll see how this season goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:38 am

Chenstrap wrote:
Zed 0 Sick wrote:
Spurtles series..... his series....

Spurtles is run on tuesdays

Whoa, whoa, whoa... I think I play a small part in 'Spurtles series'. Shocked

Chenstrap wrote:
...and ours (currently) is run on Sundays. You have fun convincing people to race on Saturdaay nights.

I have a race on Sat. Though, I might be willing to do something on Thursday or Friday. Just don't know if I want to run 4 races a week... Things would start getting VERY half-assed.

Mind you I'm just kidding about you calling the FWC 'Spurtles series'. No offense, Spurtle. But there are two people running the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:22 am

DWilkerson wrote:
...and ours (currently) is run on Sundays. You have fun convincing people to race on Saturdaay nights.

I have a race on Sat. Though, I might be willing to do something on Thursday or Friday. Just don't know if I want to run 4 races a week... Things would start getting VERY half-assed.

Mind you I'm just kidding about you calling the FWC 'Spurtles series'. No offense, Spurtle. But there are two people running the show. [/quote]

Imsaying to NOT run on saturdays. Stupid idea IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm

what is the website to that series again.
Back to top Go down
gdub369

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm

if were gonna run another gtc series it will not be on sunday. spliting the field like we did last season sucked. i vote for thursday nights if we do run gtc again. i am willing to run the series if others are willing to help
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and are a no go's for me, but I'd be good any other day including Sunday mornings.
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:59 pm

If we could get enough people I'd take part in this with Gdub too, plus it would give you extra practice for the track on Sunday
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 am

I will say that if we want to do this, we need to start figuring out which cars need to be pre adjusted concerning PI. Best way to go about this is to find a driver or from each skill level (Fast, middle ground, and slow) and run laps in cars around tracks that dont favor handling or speed cars. As long as we're running consistent times in different cars (that means I run similair times in all cars, and Someone else runs similair times but they can be faster/slower depending on abillity.) then all is well.

For fast drivers GDub defenitely comes to mind along with pronebird (as far as who i think would be interested in runnin a class like this they come to mind)

For middle of the road me, brad, and Zed are always runnin similair times each week, regardless of the fact that we like 2 rag on each other.

Im not gonna call anyone slow because itll just start a bunch o shit, but if anyone feels theyre a slower driver and wanna help out it would be nice.
Back to top Go down
gdub369

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:26 am

that sounds like too much work chenstrap. just need some rules and regs somewhat similiar to last season gtc but with a bit more hp i think 550 max that way a few other cars can be used
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:24 pm

gdub369 wrote:
that sounds like too much work chenstrap. just need some rules and regs somewhat similiar to last season gtc but with a bit more hp i think 550 max that way a few other cars can be used

How is hotlapping cars to much work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:44 pm

I'd be willing to call myself a slower driver, but its mostly because I can't be consistent.
Back to top Go down
gdub369

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:09 pm

too many cars to test for an a class series jockstrap it would just be easier to race and then give out pi reductions and increases after the first race
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:50 pm

Just remember that as you increase HP you also increase (the possibility of) speed. So if the point is to keep it somewhat slower than the GT class you need to insure a significant difference. If it's too close then classes start to blend. And as series CEO 'round here I must say there will be no other race on Sunday but GT class. Thats definitely a conflict of interest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forzascs.com/index.html
Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Chenstrap wrote:
For middle of the road me, brad, and Zed are always runnin similair times each week, regardless of the fact that we like 2 rag on each other.

screw you chenstrap! Mad

anyway Laughing i will help out with the cars and a few things etc... but my video highlights come first, but yeah i will help out on what i can, i would say get me and zed on awd cars to hotlap and practice, then i would say we got a main base of what PI that car could be, youll never get the right PI as each driver that comes in will drive the car differently and also be better and worse on different tracks...

but to the point, Gdub you have a good amount of people willing to help and race
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTC next season?    

Back to top Go down

GTC next season?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next