Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Qualifying/Race Organization

Go down 
+2
Zed 0 Sick
-]v[ETA]_-
6 posters
AuthorMessage
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

Qualifying/Race Organization Empty
PostSubject: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Alright due to tonight's issue with not being able to race due to a series admin/ race official are not able to attend the race. i have an idea of what needs to happen with qualifying and racing.

For qualifying.
we have 43 people in the series ( if everyone shows up ) that's at least 6 rooms, and for each room i believe we need 2 hosts at least. that's at least 12 people that we need to be ready and able to be host a room.
That would have 6 main hosts and 6 back up hosts

Race Official / Room Host application
Qualifiying lobby set up

Secondly, each person that is stated to be in a qualifying room needs to have the host and all the back up hosts on their friends list if the person has problems connecting into a room the lists should be adjusted as to have everyone able to be in the same room without connection problems.

if the room host cannot make it you need to inform via xbox message or forum, well in advance that way the back up host can make the room and have qualifying on time.

Qualifying, racers need to seek their hosts not vise versa. if you are not in the room by the qualifying time, the room is going without you. end of story, keeps it very timely and clean. if you make it you make it, if you don't you don't. its not like the times change each week.

For the actual race.
the qualifying room hosts need to report the times to the series administrator or if that's not possible a race official.
they will then record the times, and organize the field accordingly.

host may need to be called upon so therefore each person as a requirement of the series application needs to have the race lobby set up saved. that way things can run smoother getting people in the required rooms.

Race lobby set up

i think that this will help things run smoother and be able to start on time. if you guys want to add anything or discuss anything >>>> post away
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree with anything that keeps us on time for racing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Yeah I think that is exactly what we should do every race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:33 pm

As well as this change I really think there are two other changes that need to be made.

*All Uncertified times go to the rear of the field. (If I can only run say a 1.50.00 certified, but i can run a 1.48.00 uncertified why bother trying to certify my laps as I am not really getting any penalties?)
Certified times should carry a much heavier weight than uncertified.

*I would really like to see PI be adjusted by a group of experienced racers as well as Pred. This will avoid any conflicts that may arise and I think that PI could be adjusted to better even the field. (Maybe the room hosts?)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Anyone who wants to be a room host please apply in the thread requesting race officials.

Uncertified times are supposed to get a 3 second penalty to deter such things.

As for PI adjustments, I do not think it would be effective at all to have room host adjusting PI on the fly. If this is to be worked on by more than one person then it would be someone who becomes intimately involved in the series who will remain unbiased with adjustments and understand how I have come to make the adjustments. It's not based on finishing position or qualifying in a direct manner. I have learned to look for many things to adjust PI to balance things out so it's not cut and dry. I do feel it's worked out pretty darn good if I say so myself. How much more even do you want the field !?!!! The last few races have had the top -10 qualify less than half a second apart from 1st -10th.

Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Anyone who wants to be a room host please apply in the thread requesting race officials.

Uncertified times are supposed to get a 3 second penalty to deter such things.

As for PI adjustments, I do not think it would be effective at all to have room host adjusting PI on the fly. If this is to be worked on by more than one person then it would be someone who becomes intimately involved in the series who will remain unbiased with adjustments and understand how I have come to make the adjustments. It's not based on finishing position or qualifying in a direct manner. I have learned to look for many things to adjust PI to balance things out so it's not cut and dry. I do feel it's worked out pretty darn good if I say so myself. How much more even do you want the field !?!!! The last few races have had the top -10 qualify less than half a second apart from 1st -10th.

Then why was HiredGun only penalized one second at Mugello?

Nevermind on the PI. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Mistake. Plain and simple. If I am able to get a few dedicated room host I can really get them squared away.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm

i am down for hostage
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 pm

can i just add to this matter? i mean with the P.I thing, i can see exactly what pred is talking, his not in every room watching everyone but he does dam good on watching as many people and keeping eye on things, remembering P.I and how people drive, his got over 20 drivers to concentrate on and think about how they race within there racing style, thinking do they crash much? how would they handle with abit more horsepower or grip with extra P.I, does that car go much faster with extra P.I? and he has to remember and think that like 20 times, and then his got to have the time to watch each person in the replays, look out for accidents, reward points, i just think pred is doing alot, i sometimes can struggle a little making my video's as you may of seen, but pred does alot more than me, and he aint going to make the P.I. perfect, i dont think anyone is, people are going to moan about P.I going up and down, but thats the whole point of it, if anything this series should make you a better driver, as it can get you up into the front crowd of drivers, if anything people should be helping pred out with P.I and telling him how some people are falling back and others improving, and i think i know that some people will be quite biased in a way of trying to get more P.I when they dont deserve it, and i think pred is being the most fairest he can with the series, i mean everybody has got someone else to battle, and we have teams working as teams on here too, all i can say at the end of the day is IMO pred has done a good job and i couldnt think much better how or who would do it better.

thank you Smile lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:41 pm

I think pred does a great job of balancing everyone's PI.

My only grief is that the faster drivers should have more of a penalty rather than increasing the P.I. of people like me who suck. If I'm constantly making mistakes, throwing more horsepower at it dosent necessarily help matters Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Basitcle....to penalize the faster drivers down to the times the slower or less experienced drivers times is definatley not a way to go. I base many of the things I do with this series based on how other real life series run. PLEASE before I get the it's not the same etc etc talk, I know that. They are the example and I have to interpret it and use it as best I can based on what Forza gives me to work with.

I watch almost every replay of every room if it is sent to me after I request them. I also pay attention throughout the week when I practice with racers. I ask key people have they practiced with so and so or has driver x been on etc...This info along with noting that when I send invites to certain racers over a few days time and they do not join almost ever and then they place poorly during the race. This racing ( even though it's a game) requires practice to improve not only your driving but learning the track. Peoples lack of practice or unwillingness to do so is not my responsibility to speed them up. I realize I am not always on and do not see everyone practice but I do Always inquire about people. So, my point is that PI increase is not the answer many times. Practice, maybe help with a tune is usually a better way to solve most peoples pace issues. This falls in line with people these days. People want things given to them, make it easy to have a chance, gimme gimme gimme. Well, I am of the thought process that work and effort generate better results and much better sence of accomplishment than if I just throw 40 PI just cause a person wants it.

Stepping down from the pulpit now. study

PS: my initial goal was to get times close to the GT times of ALMS cars. We are about a half second quicker this season than last season which had us with our pole qualifier with almost the same exact time as that of the pole qualifier for the ALMS CAR.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Basticle wrote:
I think pred does a great job of balancing everyone's PI.

My only grief is that the faster drivers should have more of a penalty rather than increasing the P.I. of people like me who suck. If I'm constantly making mistakes, throwing more horsepower at it dosent necessarily help matters Razz

This is kind of what I was getting at. Please don't take offense here Zed and Bradz, but your Audi is way overpowered. Though that is the major problem with AWD. You stick enough power/P.I. into an AWD car and you don't have to get through the corners because the AWD will basically do it for you. It was mentioned at Sebring.

I have no problems with either of you guys. I just don't think throwing a bunch of power at that car is going to make you a better driver. I know Zed has mentioned a couple rediculous laps he's run here or there.

Maybe a Horsepower Cap for PI Increases or something forcing handling upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 pm

There is a HP limit. Check out the rules.

As for times and PI adjustments. I will continue to fine tune as we move along. prone you chose an under powered car that focuses heavily on handling. So you feel everybody is overpowered. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:06 am

Admin wrote:
There is a HP limit. Check out the rules.

As for times and PI adjustments. I will continue to fine tune as we move along. prone you chose an under powered car that focuses heavily on handling. So you feel everybody is overpowered. Laughing

Brad and Zed out run me in a straight line...
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:48 pm

chenstrap, im not a good tuner on corners, but i can get the car mostly perfect for getting the top speed without damaging its corner abilities, also, im sure your car has ALOT more downforce than the audi, also with your P.I i personally think you should be infront of me at sebring if you got a good tune, also your car handles better on high speed turns, the audi is kinda awful IMO on high speed turns
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Bradsz wrote:
chenstrap, im not a good tuner on corners, but i can get the car mostly perfect for getting the top speed without damaging its corner abilities, also, im sure your car has ALOT more downforce than the audi, also with your P.I i personally think you should be infront of me at sebring if you got a good tune, also your car handles better on high speed turns, the audi is kinda awful IMO on high speed turns

And it seems that every race you and zed pull at least one amazing lap, and cant touch that lap time ever again.And you seem to forget that yoour Audi has better brakes than the Nissan. Then again, the last time i said that to you you laughed and claimed that made no difference, which somewhat explains why you dont understand how to tune cars to corner.

My car may corner better, but you can get down to your cornering speed faster and then outrun me on the next straight.
Back to top Go down
gdub369

gdub369

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:44 pm

brad you are the one with more downforce son, you have the car with more potential, you have the car that should dominate every race. while the handling in the GTR that chenstrap is driving has been tapped out since day one pred just keeps throwing useless HP at him.that car sucks just like my highly throttle sensitive raptor sucks! so quit hating on the Strap my little british friend!

and to all you other peole complaining suck it up you should be lucky you have such a fine place to race every sunday! i know i have fun every week, so chill bitches!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:17 pm

gdub369 wrote:
brad you are the one with more downforce son, you have the car with more potential, you have the car that should dominate every race. while the handling in the GTR that chenstrap is driving has been tapped out since day one pred just keeps throwing useless HP at him.that car sucks just like my highly throttle sensitive raptor sucks! so quit hating on the Strap my little british friend!

and to all you other peole complaining suck it up you should be lucky you have such a fine place to race every sunday! i know i have fun every week, so chill bitches!

Then I guess you will be removing that little Lotus comment from your Motto?

tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Pr0nebird wrote:
gdub369 wrote:

Then I guess you will be removing that little Lotus comment from your Motto?

tongue

He did after suzuka. Not sure if he changed it back though.
Back to top Go down
gdub369

gdub369

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:59 am

lotus has been gone and it was never you prone.... but anyways i think my motto is about the r8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 pm

gdub369 wrote:
lotus has been gone and it was never you prone.... but anyways i think my motto is about the r8

It brought a smile to my face gdub. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Qualifying/Race Organization   Qualifying/Race Organization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Qualifying/Race Organization
Page 1 of 1