Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight Empty
PostSubject: Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight   Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Driver: DWilkerson
Team: I Surrender Racing
Car: Bugatti EB110 SS

Q: Thank you for this interview how are you today?
A: Very well, thank you.

Q: When the season was beginning and you were looking for a car to pilot what was important to you in looking for a car?
A: The main thing I was looking for in a car before the season started was something that was not only going to be fun to drive, but also something that would be unique next to the rest of the field.

Q: What was the deciding factor in choosing the Bugatti EB110 SS?
A: Speed. The amount of top end this car can achieve is astonishing.

Q: What would you say is the best and worst characteristic of the Bugatti?
A: There really isn't anything bad about the car, everything about car, aside from the top end, is pretty much average. I guess I'd say the brakes are the worst part but only because the car is going so fast. The best, obliviously, is the top end.

Q: Has there been a race where you just were not happy with the car?
A: Not as of yet, though I have a feeling this next race [Sedona] will be a struggle for me and my car.

Q: How much development work did the team do with the Bugatti EB100 SS over the course of the season? How much has the car improved?
A: Our team put in some good time tuning the car before the season started so it really didn't improve, but rather just got adjusted for each track.

Q: How would you describe your driving style?
A: I'd say I'm a patient driver but I'm not afraid of poking my nose in on the inside, if only to slow them down for that turn. But I'll put my self into a wall before I'd hit someone else.

Q: Points not important, who would you say is your rival in the series?
A: Initially, it was one PredatorUSMC. But it seems I always have a good race with Chenstrap and Zed 0 Sick.

Q: If you had to choose a favorite moment in a race this season what would it be?
A: The last race at Road Atlanta where I passed Metal C6R on the last lap for 6th place overall was an F3SCS career highlight for me. Season 3, race 1 was also a good race for me when after I went into the pits after tailing my teammate for half the race I was able to make up about 3.5 - 4k feet in order to pass PredatorUSMC and get a 6th place overall finish.

Q: Do you and your teammate work together on the tune for each race or does each of you pretty much run independently of one another?
A: Oh yes, we may adjust for different driving styles but are tunes are very much the same, aside from gearing of course.

Q: As you can see the series has grown each season and the racing has become much more competitive. What would you attribute this too?
A: Good racers who are willing to help to help new/slower drivers with tuning and just how they drive in general. Something I think would help even more is if more fast drivers would pick up more slower guys for their teams. Plus the PI system has done a very good job on keeping everyone close. Can't do much more then that, aside from just helping people out to get everyone closer.

Q: What track were or are you most excited to race on and which is the least?
A: Thankfully, my all time favorite track is not only the seasons final race but also a double points race. My favorite track is Nurburgring Nordshleife. My least favorite track this season is going to be Sedona, but really it's not a bad track just not something I don't have a lot of time on. But anything's better then Tsukuba!

Q: What race venue would you most like to see in season 5 which will most likely be the last season on Forza 3?
A: Personally I'd love to see Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe. But Nurburgring GP wouldn't go amiss.

Q: Do you intend on returning for season 5 and if so are you going to be a factory driver for Bugatti and remain in the same car?
A: Yes, I will be returning for season 5 but it will not be in a Bugatti. I have a few cars being tested and under going initial tuning.

Q: Thank you for this interview. Is there anything you would like to add?
A: I look forward to many more good races here and contributing more. Thanks.

Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight DWilkerson
Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight Dwilkerson1

Last edited by Admin on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight   Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Driver: PLF Spurtle
Team: I Surrender Racing
Car: Bugatti EB110 SS

Q: Thank you for this interview how are you today?
A: I totalled my actual car (deer) monday night. I've had better weeks.

Q: When the season was beginning and you were looking for a car to pilot what was important to you in looking for a car?
A: Unfortunately, this series was dominated by bullet cars last season. I wanted to find a car that was not going to be passed down a straight as frustratingly as the maserati was last season.

Q: What was the deciding factor in choosing the Bugatti EB110 SS?
A: 4 turbos! and the fact that it just gets up and goes. As far as a car with a ton of power goes, it actually stopped and turned quite well for what it was, and was the most bullet of the bullet cars I tested.

Q: What would you say is the best and worst characteristic of the Bugatti?
A: Best: Speed/Power. Worst: Turn-in.

Q: Has there been a race where you just were not happy with the car?
A: I was very very frustrated (and vocal about it) at mugello. It wouldn't do what I asked, and I just could not do anything to keep up with even those I out-qualified.

Q: How much development work did the team do with the Bugatti EB100 SS over the course of the season? How much has the car improved?
A: I have pretty much used a derivative of the tune I started the season with at Sebring for every race, sparing maple valley and iberian. The car didn't need to improve.

Q: How would you describe your driving style?
A: Aggressive and fair.

Q: Points not important, who would you say is your rival in the series?
A: Bimm3r. I just wish he would be a little bit more aggressive and not get the short end of my bump stick all the time.

Q: If you had to choose a favorite moment in a race this season what would it be?
A: Suzuka, finishing on the podium (3rd) in the big bad bugatti. That car has no business being that fast around that track, and it may have been the most fun I've ever had in a forza race.

Q: Do you and your teammate work together on the tune for each race or does each of you pretty much run independently of one another?
A: Sometimes. However, we have such different driving styles that it isn't necessary to share too much information. If either one of us ever needs help the other is there in a heartbeat, but the car is adequate for the most part week to week on the tune we started the season with.

Q: As you can see the series has grown each season and the racing has become much more competitive. What would you attribute this too?
A: Because the harem of drivers has increased each season, they have filled in the gaps in time a sparse field creates. Also, the regulars have learned what it takes to be competitive, and sometimes in this series that isn't just outright speed. I think sandbagging does not happen (for the most part) at all anymore, making PI adjustments easier.

Q: What track were or are you most excited to race on and which is the least?
A: Most: Road America. Least: Iberian.

Q: What race venue would you most like to see in season 5 which will most likely be the last season on Forza 3?
A: Le Mans. Not Bugatti, not old-Mulsanne. The current 24 Hr configuration.

Q: Do you intend on returning for season 5 and if so are you going to be a factory driver for Bugatti and remain in the same car?
A: I do intend on returning. However, I get bored with cars, so I'm sure I will unleash something else on the field.

Q: Thank you for this interview. Is there anything you would like to add?
A: I would love to see the year restriction open up just a little, as there are some phenomenal cars from the 80's that I think could contribute to the great racing. Great job, Pred. I mean that.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight   Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do stuff like this Pred. It'll be a very good read once all the teams get their 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight   Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team I Surrender Racing & Driver Spotlight
Page 1 of 1