Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps

Go down 
+7
BIMM3RR
XBR NIGHTMARE
jpnvr4
OLDFenderBender
-]v[ETA]_-
CThompson17
Admin/PredatorUSMC
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Empty
PostSubject: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:54 pm

May 29th 4pm PST - Sedona, Arizona, USA
Set in Rural Arizona, Sedona Raceway Park Club Circuit will be one of the most quickest tracks around. Being that this is the first trip to Arizona for this season before the track gets hot it is expected that the racing will raise the temperature. The Forza Sports Car Season being world class has decided to run a course that not only will have the fans excited to watch but the racers excited to run! This track features very fast sections with blind apexes that will require the right line and commitment to get it right.

(Host) METAL C6R
PLF Spurtle
PrOnebird
BIMM3RR
XBR N1GHTMARE
LBAW ON FIRE
LBAW Grandsport
xXScienceXx

(Host) PredatorUSMC
OLDFenderBender
KIR Matthnt
Gunned Veteran
iTsz BrAdSz
XBR Zilla
XBR PinguisVIR
Chenstrap

(Host) Zambo367
XBR SECR3T
Double Razor 1
Tech Nasti
wizardsleeve80
Keml0
XBR Dabomb
OutrunNAScar14
Basticular
Ball Hawgg

(Host) Dwilkerson
BasicBlaq
Veevee Von Vore
LBAW xPhenomx
Real Nasti
XBR Capt Slow
CThompson17
jpvVR4

(Host) Zed O Sick
LBAW Hiredgun
TheManNowDog777
Bballswisher4
FRP328
TWIZTIDnICP
KIR Colin Girth
XBR Solo

(Host) Gdub369
Wolf4k4smash
Thunder 625
Dustin Honeycutt
fattymicpatty
HLR TrueBK
XBR Coblet

These are the common no shows. If they do make it to a race rooms will be created as needed.

xixBIOHAZARD
Nightrider Wolf
DRTxCASEYx
hot shot 330 p4
I Konverze
ThibaultThunder
are you 18 yet
Macgyver away
Scatman USA
Sk3tchManDan
Charliemorgy
PROZxcarter
ABR GearHead
mattden
iPRO Xclusive

WE NEED AS MANY RACERS AS POSSIBLE TO SAVE THE RACE AND QUALIFYING ROOM SET UPS JUST IN CASE WE NEED AN EXTRA ROOM HOST OR TWO.

WITH THIS MANY RACERS THE BURDEN OF TIME IS ON THE RACER. WE CANNOT HOLD THE WHOLE OF EVERYONE UP IF YOU ARE LATE! BE ON TIME AND IN THE RIGHT ROOM OR BE LEFT OUT!!

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
CThompson17

CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:30 pm

I'll be available for practice for almost the whole day and night tomorrow if anyone's interested. cheers
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 10:32 am

pre-racing today,

goin to go play golf with a boss and then record some songs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:13 pm

did a pre-race this past Monday, since i'm about 1300 miles away from my xbox for a week
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:48 pm

i jus got my net back after missing 2 weeks >>> any practices are welcome as i need al the help i can get
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:50 pm

I would just like to go over racing etiquette.

#1: If you make a mistake and crash or lose momentum (such as hitting sticky grass), DO NOT pull back onto the track after going into the dirt. You have lost the right of way and MUST stay off track until the track is clear to merge back on. Think of it as a yield sign. You must allow traffic to clear before you merge onto the roadway.

#2: LAP TRAFFIC: Hold your line when faster cars are lapping you. DO NOT change your racing line unless it is down a straight, and pull clearly off the racing line ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE TRACK. If you want to allow someone to pass, call it out clearly and often, and get verification from the faster car that THEY UNDERSTAND WHERE TO GO. Otherwise, let the leader go around you. It is the leader's responsibility to pass you cleanly, not the other way around.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Spurtle wrote:
I would just like to go over racing etiquette.

#1: If you make a mistake and crash or lose momentum (such as hitting sticky grass), DO NOT pull back onto the track after going into the dirt. You have lost the right of way and MUST stay off track until the track is clear to merge back on. Think of it as a yield sign. You must allow traffic to clear before you merge onto the roadway.

Thank you.

Lap 5 Camino Viejo Extreme You may want to follow your own advice Mr. Spurtle. You went off to the left, xXScienceXx was coming down the hill with a clear advantage of speed and was about to blow past you...but when you were able to get it back on track you went directly into his racing line forcing him to hit the binders hard to not take you both out. Then on lap 6 you went off on the right in the dirt/grass about 45 seconds into the lap again xXscienceXx was prime for the pass but you came back on track and he had to avoid you as yall began to make your right hand double apex corner. Practice what you preach reverend Spurtle.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Congratulations to Gdub369 For his win at Sedona Club coming from 5th in the field to win the race! Congrats to you and Team American Muscle.

Congratulations to BIMM3RR for getting the Pole Position and the Bonus 2 points.

Congratulations to Basticular for earning the Hard Charger Award and getting the bonus1 point for coming from 20th on the grid to finish 15th
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Admin wrote:
Congratulations to Gdub369 For his win at Sedona Club coming from 5th in the field to win the race! Congrats to you and Team American Muscle.

should have been gdub and i up top, those computers are too slow lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:28 pm

-]v[ETA]_- wrote:
Admin wrote:

should have been gdub and i up top, those computers are too slow lol

STFU u beat me by .112 of a second. Knocked me off my first top 5 of the season. -__-
Back to top Go down
XBR NIGHTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:34 am

Why was i given a 1:06:467 for my qualification lap when i ran a clean 1:04:467 before i lagged out? Do you get a 2 second penalty for not completing qualification?
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:02 am

This game is gay... Freaking corvette's going 50 laps on fuel and a Porsche can't... I'm simply at a loss here, had that crap in the bag!
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:09 am

I didnt have to pit either Neutral
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:13 am

BIMM3RR it's the E85 biofuels that helped em.Jeez Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:23 am

XBR NIGHTMARE wrote:
Why was i given a 1:06:467 for my qualification lap when i ran a clean 1:04:467 before i lagged out? Do you get a 2 second penalty for not completing qualification?

Unfortunately I can only go by the indicators available to me and when it post a time below that of a time that was slower it means that lap was dirty in some way. It does not drop you down to the bottom if you lag out or quit out (tested it).
Back to top Go down
XBR NIGHTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:27 am

Sorry but we run the same quali set up on another forum and if someone lags out or DNFs their time goes to the very bottom of the list clean or not
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:49 am

If thats the case our process seems to be better. If you get a bad qual but are a fast driver your not just pushed to the bottom of the pile you can still manage a decent qual time with the penalty.
Back to top Go down
XBR NIGHTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:51 am

Just ran a lobby with a couple of guys just to double check and im right,if you leave the room and DNF your time goes to the bottom even if its clean and even if there are guys with slower laps.Ill be happy to jump in a lobby later if you wish and show you that i was screwed out of running in A lobby
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:12 am

Ok, I will try to get on this evening after I get home from being out with the family. N1GHTMARE, no one is trying to screw you. I went off the information given.

Maybe since this is actually the first time that I remember someone lagging or quitting out during qualifying there needs to be an amendment to the rules to clarify proceedure should this happen.

Let me see what they do in a real series. With us...if you lag out during a race and are able to finish in your own lobby we just add .500 a lap to you time from the lap you lagged out. If you lag all the way out of the race we consider that the same as complete engine failure and you will get points based upon where you left the race as long as you got further than the halfway point.

Again I am looking for a way to solve this should it ever happen again and it is very unfortunate this happened to you.
Back to top Go down
XBR NIGHTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:01 am

Like you say,you can only go by the info your given.The lobby host obviously didnt know that a clean lap goes to the bottom of the list when the participant lags or quits out.No worries i was just annoyed because i was easily running the pace of A lobby (high 3s very low 4s) I thought i could make up some places running in clear air in C/D lobby but i lost 20 maybe 30 seconds trying to lap guys and about a minute or so when i got smashed off on lap 34-35 and had to pit and run with a fethed up car that was pretty much undriveable.Looking at the times for 1st,2nd places i reckon i was in with chance of winning if it hadnt been for the time i lost
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:03 am

I sent a question over to ALMS asking if a car blew the motor during qual but did get a few laps in what the proceedure is. I am waiting for a response.

However, I did find something in the SCCA World Challenge Rules that states if a car has to have engine repairs, replacement, or tear down after qualifying then that car must go to the back of the grid. Explained in rule section 2.14.2 through 2.14.2.11 of the SCCA Pro Rule book.

Just for clarification....For our purposes Lagging out our quitting out is the same as engine failure.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:50 am

Admin wrote:
BIMM3RR it's the E85 biofuels that helped em.Jeez Rolling Eyes

that and we got a larger fuel cell, lol its not in the regulations but that's one of the reasons my cars weighs 200 more lbs than yours lol
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:05 pm

XBR NIGHTMARE wrote:
Like you say,you can only go by the info your given.The lobby host obviously didnt know that a clean lap goes to the bottom of the list when the participant lags or quits out.No worries i was just annoyed because i was easily running the pace of A lobby (high 3s very low 4s) I thought i could make up some places running in clear air in C/D lobby but i lost 20 maybe 30 seconds trying to lap guys and about a minute or so when i got smashed off on lap 34-35 and had to pit and run with a fethed up car that was pretty much undriveable.Looking at the times for 1st,2nd places i reckon i was in with chance of winning if it hadnt been for the time i lost

Hey Nightmare....I don't think Pred is trying to screw you....like he said he is just going off what the lobby host gave him... But you also can't blame the Lobby host....i think it just a flaw in Forza 3 and hopefully it gets fixed in Forza 4.

We were wondering what happen to you as you pretty much took off and was never seen again and then next think I know you were less than 3000 FT.

I think the car that you had problem passing was the same 1 we all came up on. I think he's a new guys and we might have to advise him of the rules when being lapped.

Last edited by Basicblaq on Mon May 30, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:06 pm

2,500ft lead metal... Just to watch everyone drive by... It was a sickening feeling to say the least...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Admin wrote:
I sent a question over to ALMS asking if a car blew the motor during qual but did get a few laps in what the proceedure is. I am waiting for a response.

However, I did find something in the SCCA World Challenge Rules that states if a car has to have engine repairs, replacement, or tear down after qualifying then that car must go to the back of the grid. Explained in rule section 2.14.2 through 2.14.2.11 of the SCCA Pro Rule book.

Just for clarification....For our purposes Lagging out our quitting out is the same as engine failure.

TBH i think we should go against the ALMS/SCCA rules because it is quite difficult on determining where to put the blame on a person lagging out due to us not having ping bars, plus its not always the person who lags out fault (if the host lag spikes it may boot someone). However, i do think there should be a time penalty put into place, but i dont think it should be as severe as the time penalty for dirty laps (maybe .500-1.000 second)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps   Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 5 Sedona Raceway Club Circuit 50 Laps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next