Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit

Go down 
+7
CThompson17
Blahzay xxl
Basicblaq
Matthnt
Basticular
SSRT DWilkerson
Admin/PredatorUSMC
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Empty
PostSubject: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm

June 26th 4pm. PST - Le Mans, France
For the first time the Forza Sports Car Series travels to the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe in France. It is obvious that this track puts a premium on top speed so it can be said with certainty that this track will display the highest sustained speeds drivers have seen on any track prior to the series visiting Le Mans. With such a rich history of racing this track will undoubtedly stir excitement with many racers and fans alike. Racers welcome to top speed heaven!

****Due to the length of this track and the possibility of corner cutting to get a faster time an 8 second penalty will be added to a dirty lap*******

------- 3 LAP QUALIFYING SESSION---------

Last Pole Time - NONE (ALMS Actual Pole for 2011) 3:57.539 BMW M3

****** Standing Start*********

(Host) METAL C6R
Pr0nebird
xXScienceXx
BIMM3RR
XBR N1GHTMARE
LBAW xPhenomx
KIR Matthnt
Zed 0 Sick

(Host) PredatorUSMC
OLDFenderBender
PLF Spurtle
Chenstrap
Gunned Veteran
LBAW Hiredgun
Gdub369
Tech Nasti

(Host) SSRT DWilkerson
Basticular
LBAW Grandsport
Double Razor 1
TheManNowDog777
iTsz BrAdSz
BasicBlaq
Veevee Von Vore
Nightrider Wolf
Ball Hawgg

(Host) Zambo367
TWIZTIDnICP
KemlO
Dustin Honeycutt
OutrunNAScar14
ABR Gear Head
LBAW ON FIRE
FRP328
Bballswisher4

(Host) Gdub369 Alternate host if needed

These are the common no shows or racers in question to have quit. If they do make it to a race rooms will be created as needed.

XBR Cpt Slow
jpvVR4
Wizardsleeve80
XBR PinguisVir
XBR Zilla
XBR Coblet
Real Nasti
Ball Hawgg
XBR Dabomb
XBR Secret
hot shot 330 p4
DRTxCASEYx
Charliemorgy
Sk3tchManDan
are you 18 yet
Macgyver away
Thunder625
DRTcCASEYx
mattden
HLR TrueBk
PROZxcarter
xixBIOHAZARD
ThibaultThunder
I Konverze
fattymicpatty
Wolf4k4smash
iPRO Xclusive
Scatman USA
KIR Colin Girth

WE NEED AS MANY RACERS AS POSSIBLE TO SAVE THE RACE AND QUALIFYING ROOM SET UPS JUST IN CASE WE NEED AN EXTRA ROOM HOST OR TWO.

WITH THIS MANY RACERS THE BURDEN OF TIME IS ON THE RACER. WE CANNOT HOLD THE WHOLE OF EVERYONE UP IF YOU ARE LATE! BE ON TIME AND IN THE RIGHT ROOM OR BE LEFT OUT!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers Under Warning or Penalty
Gdub 369 - 1st Offence 1 races left on probation

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 am

How many laps for qualifying? It's a long track for 7 laps. Ofcourse, I love this track so I wouldn't mind. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 am

I have a suggestion. Instead of an entire outlap how about we slow down at the esses, line up at Tertre Rouge and then give the gogogo command once we're all on the mulsanne straight

Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit 2r632o5

*edit* I suppose that would give an unfair advantage right at the start to the cars with the faster top speeds but this whole track is going to be like that.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 am

Admin wrote:
****Due to the length of this track and the possibility of corner cutting to get a faster time an 8 second penalty will be added to a dirty lap*******

Good call on the HUGE time penalty. I would think that one of these cars in this series could beat that M3 pole lap
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 am

Qual laps specified, standing start specified. Thanks for bringing those issues to light.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 am

Standing start, eh? That'll be fun the the three-wide starting grid.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Admin wrote:
Qual laps specified, standing start specified. Thanks for bringing those issues to light.

ok...so the penalties are for the qualifing laps right. I think 4 laps would be better for qualifing because ppl might dirty the first two and you usually start running consistance around lap 3 and take the times on lap 4(just an suggestion).

Also Team Evora will be doing some serious practise laps for the next 2 - 3 days. So hit me up if you are on line or just jump in the room. I am usually on between 11pm ET - 1am ET. I might even be doing some during the day.

All I got to say is put me in the C or D room 174miles down the straight aarrggghh
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:52 pm

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:
Standing start, eh? That'll be fun the the three-wide starting grid.

LOL it will be a interesting race...when coming down the straight everyone should stay to your left so that the faster cars can go by...only time you should be going into the left lane is to set your self up for the corners
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Admin wrote:
June 26th 4pm. PST - Le Mans, France
For the first time the Forza Sports Car Series travels to the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe in France. It is obvious that this track puts a premium on top speed so it can be said with certainty that this track will display the highest sustained speeds drivers have seen on any track prior to the series visiting Le Mans. With such a rich history of racing this track will undoubtedly stir excitement with many racers and fans alike. Racers welcome to top speed heaven!

------- 3 LAP QUALIFYING SESSION---------

****** Standing Start*********

(Host) METAL C6R
Pr0nebird
xXScienceXx
BIMM3RR
XBR N1GHTMARE
LBAW xPhenomx
KIR Matthnt
Zed 0 Sick

(Host) PredatorUSMC
OLDFenderBender
PLF Spurtle
Chenstrap
Gunned Veteran
LBAW Hiredgun
Gdub369
Tech Nasti

(Host) SSRT DWilkerson
Basticular
LBAW Grandsport
Double Razor 1
TheManNowDog777
iTsz BrAdSz
BasicBlaq
Veevee Von Vore
Nightrider Wolf
Ball Hawgg

(Host) Zambo367
TWIZTIDnICP
KemlO
Dustin Honeycutt
OutrunNAScar14
ABR Gear Head
LBAW ON FIRE
FRP328
Bballswisher4

(Host) Gdub369 Alternate host if needed

These are the common no shows or racers in question to have quit. If they do make it to a race rooms will be created as needed.

XBR Cpt Slow
jpvVR4
Wizardsleeve80
XBR PinguisVir
XBR Zilla
XBR Coblet
Real Nasti
Ball Hawgg
XBR Dabomb
XBR Secret
hot shot 330 p4
DRTxCASEYx
Charliemorgy
Sk3tchManDan
are you 18 yet
Macgyver away
Thunder625
DRTcCASEYx
mattden
HLR TrueBk
PROZxcarter
xixBIOHAZARD
ThibaultThunder
I Konverze
fattymicpatty
Wolf4k4smash
iPRO Xclusive
Scatman USA
KIR Colin Girth

WE NEED AS MANY RACERS AS POSSIBLE TO SAVE THE RACE AND QUALIFYING ROOM SET UPS JUST IN CASE WE NEED AN EXTRA ROOM HOST OR TWO.

WITH THIS MANY RACERS THE BURDEN OF TIME IS ON THE RACER. WE CANNOT HOLD THE WHOLE OF EVERYONE UP IF YOU ARE LATE! BE ON TIME AND IN THE RIGHT ROOM OR BE LEFT OUT!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drivers Under Warning or Penalty
Gdub 369 - 1st Offence 1 races left on probation

Just realized the date for the race....So it will be on next Sunday right?
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:34 pm

oh crap didnt even notice
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Yep, just like the real series there is a break (much longer though) before LeMans. However we will have no break after Le Mans. We go right into the next race.

However I will be setting up a mini 3 race series for those interested so stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:05 am

Ill hit you up for a pre race ill be in cleveland my sons team made it to the nationals ill be there all weekend.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:14 am

A few things to comment for this race.

"****Due to the length of this track and the possibility of corner cutting to get a faster time an 8 second penalty will be added to a dirty lap*******"

Hitting some of the rumbles with cause a dirty lap and some guys might be penalized for what I notice should not be a dirty lap. I have been able to run a lot of laps clean and guys I have been practising and when I review the relay it should not be a dirty lap. I think we should maybe change the penalty to may 6 instead of 8

"------- 3 LAP QUALIFYING SESSION---------"

Can we change the Qualifying Lap to 4 instead of 3. I think some guys will be able to do better or start to be more consistance on lap 3. I thing this will also help racers avoid getting a dirty lap. Cause we will run technically 2 laps and if we run dirty the first lap to the point where the second is automatically dirty then we will be getting that 8 second penalty.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Well, everyone races on the same track with the same dirty lap penalty given by Forza. So we are all subject to the same possibility of a clean or dirty lap. It's a racers responsibility to insure then that they get a clean lap.

The qual is set for 3 laps. There will be a 15 second delay per drive off and no waiting. The final lap will count towards a qual time.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Race day for 25 Laps of Le Mans approaches....Are you ready?!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Circuit de la Sarthe -  DoubleRazor1 of Louisiana led several practice sessions in his #26 Saleen S7,and was quickest overall on Sunday at LeMans during practice for this weekend’s historical race at Circuit de la Sarthe. LBAW Hiredgun and his #692 Ford GT - Racing out of Columbus Ohio was quickest during the early sessions for the day. 

With just a few more days left before the fastest race of the season it's time for the drivers, their teams and their cars to make final preparations for what is sure to be one of the most strategic races yet.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17

CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 am

There's no question about it but sadly, I have to do a pre-race for this event because of my work schedual. When you said that we're going into the next race, did you mean that we're racing the next one on the event list or is it something different entirely?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Not sure what your asking CThompson, but we are on schedule following the schedule.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:33 am

Just a couple of days left until we hit the Legendary LeMans for 25 laps! Are you ready?
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm pretty sure that 90% of us will need to pit twice in this race. Me and Wolf tested it out..I ran out of fuel Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Yep that's the goal. As in the real race....strategy will play a part in where you finish not just speed.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Just a few hours before the showdown in France!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:49 am

did a test race of 15 laps had to pit in at about 13. sad i may have to do the two pit thing. even with the awd, i cant rip the track apart enuff to get around it in time after 13. second pit will be a guess. jeez this is one long ass race. i would rather run 12 on nurburing right now.

cheers
New RAFT member:
RAFT SmokedUp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:01 am

[quote="Tech Nasti"]did a test race of 15 laps had to pit in at about 13. sad i may have to do the two pit thing. even with the awd, i cant rip the track apart enuff to get around it in time after 13. second pit will be a guess. jeez this is one long ass race. i would rather run 12 on nurburing right now.

hey tech, you're still making it farther than me. if im not careful and paying attention to my fuel, i might have to make THREE stops lol. unless i start short shifting and conserving fuel way hard i only go about 7 laps on a tank :/ stupid gas guzzler v10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:03 am

Basicblaq wrote:
I'm pretty sure that 90% of us will need to pit twice in this race. Me and Wolf tested it out..I ran out of fuel Sad

yea basic, you're best bet would almost be to pit in back to back laps, just to get your pitting out of the way for the rest of the race Smile just a thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit   Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 8 Circuit De La Sarthe Full Circuit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next