Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newcomer after some advice

Go down 
+2
Basticular
Sir Panbot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

Newcomer after some advice Empty
PostSubject: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi, I'm currently trying to get a car prepared so I can register for the series and start doing some practice sessions to get into the swing of things but I'm having some problems with car selection.

I have been testing the Wiesmann on Laguna Seca and Catalunya and like the way it behaves but I don't really know how competitive it will be. I have been trying to meet the average qualifying times for the two tracks and just wondered if this was the best way to go about gauging it's competitiveness?

I'm mainly just after good competition in a car thats fun to use and I'd probably be happier if I were lower down the grid for a while until I get to grips with things. I've never really done much competitive racing other than online where I generally get beat by leaderboard cars (which I refuse to use) so i'm curious to see how the race pace is.

Anyway any advice on car selection, testing, practice sessions etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 pm

My advice is to pick something mid-engined, it'll handle better right off the bat.

As for the Wiseman, I've never used one competatively but I used to have one set up for S class and it couldnt even compete with the AI in single player. Fun to drive though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Basticle wrote:
My advice is to pick something mid-engined, it'll handle better right off the bat.

As for the Wiseman, I've never used one competatively but I used to have one set up for S class and it couldnt even compete with the AI in single player. Fun to drive though.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try out the Saleen Raptor and see how that goes, if I still can't get a better time then i'll have to try something a bit more tested and if that doesnt work then I lack skill and will give up Razz

Edit - Ok so my second lap on Laguna Seca and I managed a 1.23.477 and it felt pretty comfortable so it looks like MR is the way to go. Thanks again Basticle, cheers
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Front or rear or mid does make a difference if you a good driver you will be ok. I had a wisemann that ran good but I'm just not a fn of the car,drive what you like not just because its one of the best cars, that's when the admin will adjust pi.Don't get me wrong there a few cars that are far superior to others.Just check the list and find a few cars you like and give it ago have funn.
Back to top Go down
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm

BALL HAWGG wrote:
Front or rear or mid does make a difference if you a good driver you will be ok. I had a wisemann that ran good but I'm just not a fn of the car,drive what you like not just because its one of the best cars, that's when the admin will adjust pi.Don't get me wrong there a few cars that are far superior to others.Just check the list and find a few cars you like and give it ago have funn.

Totally agree about using what car you like. I decided on the Raptor as it seems to have more in reserve so that I can make PI adjustments without ruining the balance of the car. The Wiesmann was great but too difficult to get decent times from and it had no more handling upgrades to throw at it so adding power to an FR would just make it even harder to control in the corners.

Just one other thing, am I right in thinking the PI figures listed on the main website are what we can build the car up to? It shows a PI of 720 for the Raptor with a PI adjustment of +15 so do I build to 720?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm

IIRC you will start at 710 because you didnt sign up before the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 pm

whatever PI is on the website you have to -10 because your a late comer and the admin hasnt had time to talk much with you, but if you get practicing with the admin then you may get a PI change so your competitive with the series
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Ok thats cool. It should give me a chance to get a feel for things first anyway.
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:05 pm

maybe if you ask nicely gdub will give you some pointers, he used the Raptor last season (and ended up hating it for some reason).
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:17 pm

I like the raptor. Gdub does too. He was competitive in it. I don't know why he started complaining about it toward the end.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:19 am

Yeah I'm really liking the Raptor too. With the 10 PI penalty it's a bit heavy so it's not too hot on the brakes but still pretty good to drive. Also, I have pretty much finished my livery and just wondered if the logos and everything are as expected. I could have tried to squeeze the logos into the small gaps under the rear grills but i figured they are more visible where they are.

Newcomer after some advice F3SCSRaptor1

Newcomer after some advice F3SCSRaptor2

Newcomer after some advice F3SCSRaptor4

Newcomer after some advice F3SCSRaptor3
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:25 am

wow! you got that thing looking real nice! well done hope to see you racing very soon Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 am

Looks good. Well done.

The items I noticed were:
1. Please put your race number and the GT tag on the rear of the car (it can fit in the blue area on the back lower)
2. You only need to have 1 IMSA & 1 Forza Sports Car Series sticker on each side.

Other than that you are good to go. See you on the track!
Back to top Go down
Luongo27

Luongo27

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:56 am

Having the same issue here, picked the Gallardo S to go with and i like the way it drives but not sure it's that fast in a straight line. Love the Porsche also but wanted something a bit different Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Panbot

Sir Panbot

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:46 pm

If you want a guideline for straight line speed then my Saleen was reaching around 170mph by the end of the straight at Road Atlanta and that has 582 bhp.

A fairly quick time was a 1:18-1:19 so if you can get towards that I wouldn't worry too much about the straight line speed. The main thing is to try and find something that you can be consistent in.
Back to top Go down
Luongo27

Luongo27

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:37 am

managing high 1:20's so far in the lambo, but havn't made any setup changes yet. look forward to racing with you guys
Back to top Go down
Luongo27

Luongo27

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 am

Any changes i need to make?
Newcomer after some advice 21082010
Newcomer after some advice 21082012
Newcomer after some advice 21082013
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:33 pm

You don't need to have the whole number plate on your hood. All you need is just your number that can be easily seen. On the rear of your car you need to just place the series GT sticker as it is in Predatorusmc storefront. unmodified.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer after some advice   Newcomer after some advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newcomer after some advice
Page 1 of 1