Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phx1138

phx1138

Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch Empty
PostSubject: Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch   Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:10 pm

I've finally gotten used to driving with the Manual Transmission, and it's improved my lap times by several seconds. Now I've started practicing with the Clutch and have been making a mess of it here and there.

I'd like to know any advice on any best practices from anyone, like if revving with the clutch engaged is a good idea or not in any situations. Especially things not to do.

I've tried finding tutorials and have not found any that make sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch   Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:48 pm

phx1138 wrote:
I've finally gotten used to driving with the Manual Transmission, and it's improved my lap times by several seconds. Now I've started practicing with the Clutch and have been making a mess of it here and there.

I'd like to know any advice on any best practices from anyone, like if revving with the clutch engaged is a good idea or not in any situations. Especially things not to do.

I've tried finding tutorials and have not found any that make sense.

Press the clutch button and your up/down shift button at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch   Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:40 am

when changes down gears hold the clutch in, dont press it in each time you change down gears when you have to brake for a slow turn as it just makes you rush things a little more and you most likely will mess things up then, also try get all your gears ready and in the correct gear by the time you start turning as if you will do it in the turn you will lose some kind of grip most likely
them few tips should help i guess
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch   Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Tips on using the Manual with Clutch
Page 1 of 1