Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A rule or common courtesy???????

Go down 
+2
o351
Meyervw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Meyervw

Meyervw

A rule or common courtesy??????? Empty
PostSubject: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 am

Last night was fun and frustrating. I had a good time. My set up was no good so my car was all over and I was SLOW. I tried to stay out of the way and I think it went OK. But I was in last place a few laps down. Now comes my problem. When done racing racer need to get OFF THE TRACK! I slammed 2 cars at full speed. 1 was going past the start/finish line and another on the backside. There needs to be a protocol for after you are done racing so those that are still on track do not have this problem. My car was heavily damage due to this and the last 3 laps were spent and low speed with a heavily damaged car car due a racer that was finished. Maybe stop at pit out or in or a desinated area.
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:48 am

what he is talking about is if a player has already finished the race and hits the back button (I am told ) then the A.I. driving the car stops and this is why some cars were parked on the track while others where still finishing. Easy to fix!
Edited- Maybe he said guide button hell now I don't remember...But the problem was they were stopped on the track.

Last edited by o351 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:49 am

Meyervw wrote:
Last night was fun and frustrating. I had a good time. My set up was no good so my car was all over and I was SLOW. I tried to stay out of the way and I think it went OK. But I was in last place a few laps down. Now comes my problem. When done racing racer need to get OFF THE TRACK! I slammed 2 cars at full speed. 1 was going past the start/finish line and another on the backside. There needs to be a protocol for after you are done racing so those that are still on track do not have this problem. My car was heavily damage due to this and the last 3 laps were spent and low speed with a heavily damaged car car due a racer that was finished. Maybe stop at pit out or in or a desinated area.

Are you saying you slammed into cars that have already finished? If thats what happened theres nothing we can do. They have to finish to get their race finish times and thus their overall position. And sadly we cant control the AI cars.
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:12 am

I think the problem is when drivers finish and there cars kept going and rammed him from behind. I know my car nudged him a bit when it went past. I agree that it would likely be helpful to those still racing if those that finished found an APPROPRIATE place to stop and did so by pressing the guide button (i.e. mid straightaway and not in a corner). If the car takes a while to stop (i.e. stops turning and coasts to a standstill) it may be beneficial to cut it off right before or as it enters a high speed corner so it will run off of the track into a gravel pit.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:49 pm

DirtyDawg73 wrote:
I think the problem is when drivers finish and there cars kept going and rammed him from behind. I know my car nudged him a bit when it went past. I agree that it would likely be helpful to those still racing if those that finished found an APPROPRIATE place to stop and did so by pressing the guide button (i.e. mid straightaway and not in a corner). If the car takes a while to stop (i.e. stops turning and coasts to a standstill) it may be beneficial to cut it off right before or as it enters a high speed corner so it will run off of the track into a gravel pit.

You guys know that there is nothing we can do when we finish the race? we have no control over the AI drivers. Unfortunately the room you are in shouldn't be that fast that you get lapped twice. That is why we have Qualifying so that we can place ppl in the approciate room so they don't get lapped multiple times. Sorry to her this happened to the OP but this is the risk that can occur when you are running a lot slower than the other racers
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
DirtyDawg73 wrote:

You guys know that there is nothing we can do when we finish the race? we have no control over the AI drivers. Unfortunately the room you are in shouldn't be that fast that you get lapped twice. That is why we have Qualifing so that we can place ppl in the approciate room so they don't lapped multiple times. Sorry to her this happened to the OP but this is the risk that can occur when you might be a little slower than the other racersh

You do realize that, with this game, if you press the guide button, the AI driver stops driving? That is what is being discussed. And it was room C. There was no room D.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:05 pm

DirtyDawg73 wrote:
Basicblaq wrote:
DirtyDawg73 wrote:

You guys know that there is nothing we can do when we finish the race? we have no control over the AI drivers. Unfortunately the room you are in shouldn't be that fast that you get lapped twice. That is why we have Qualifing so that we can place ppl in the approciate room so they don't lapped multiple times. Sorry to her this happened to the OP but this is the risk that can occur when you might be a little slower than the other racersh

You do realize that, with this game, if you press the guide button, the AI driver stops driving? That is what is being discussed. And it was room C. There was no room D.

Ok..thanks for clarification...Will have to get all the room host to advise everyone not to press the guide button when they finish the race.
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm

It actually may help the guys still running if the guide button is pressed strategically by folks that have already finished. Meyer's situation was relating to the cars of people that didn't stop their cars. If they are stopped on a straight it's not as much of an issue as an AI driver running him over since his car was already damaged and limping along. We can look at different options and figure out what will work best for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:22 pm

DirtyDawg73 wrote:
It actually may help the guys still running if the guide button is pressed strategically by folks that have already finished. Meyer's situation was relating to the cars of people that didn't stop their cars. If they are stopped on a straight it's not as much of an issue as an AI driver running him over since his car was already damaged and limping along. We can look at different options and figure out what will work best for everyone.

I am seriously confused. We have raced in a bunch of series and don't understand why guys need to press the Guide button? if you are finished the race just do nothing. if you want watch the race and enjoy. No sure how come this is now becoming an issue? I guess we will wait for admin to review the tapes for his take on this !
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
DirtyDawg73 wrote:

I am seriously confused. We have raced in a bunch of series and don't understand why guys need to press the Guide button? if you are finished the race just do nothing. if you want watch the race and enjoy. No sure how come this is now becoming an issue? I guess we will wait for admin to review the tapes for his take on this !

Okay. I'll go through this one more time.

Last night people finished ahead of Meyer.

Some of those people pressed "Guide" to send out messages, etc.

Others did not.

The cars of those that did stopped on the track. They were inconvenient, but they stayed put. Kind of like the chicanes on the New York track: As much as you hated that they were there, you could negotiate your way through.

The cars that kept running ran in typical AI fashion including going after Meyer's car like it was a pinata. When he was already having issues running due to damaged aero, etc, having a car running full speed into a corner and punting him didn't help his finish time in the least.

I don't recall having the same issue with FM3. Cars stopping when the Guide button is pressed (and with extremely over aggressive AI drivers) is part of this installment of the game. What we are trying to sort out is, would it be best for everyone to stop their cars on a straight by pressing the Guide button after finishing or have them continue smashing into drivers that are still trying to finish the race and not get scored as a DNF.
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:34 pm

I noticed that too. When I answered a "private chat" message my car suddenly and unexpectedly stopped on the middle of the track. Even after finishing the conversation, the car remained static. I don't remember this behavior from previous games.
scratch
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Claude Frollo wrote:
I noticed that too. When I answered a "private chat" message my car suddenly and unexpectedly stopped on the middle of the track. Even after finishing the conversation, the car remained static. I don't remember this behavior from previous games.
scratch

its a glitch in this game
Back to top Go down
Meyervw

Meyervw

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:00 pm

The cars still going were not to bad. They just gave a tap as they went by. My first problem was getting into the room I had an issue with my system and I could not get in. There for I did not qualify. They when I got on track my car did not handle as I had practiced so I was all over the track. I spun twice on the out lap. So I was down a few laps by the end. The main problem, what ever causes it, was cars parked on the track. I can flying down the track and met the back of a few cars, completely destroying my car. By the time I realized they were stopped it was too late. I think it is a Forza deal. Maybe we can find a safe place to park the cars after the race until all are finished. I will will keep practicing so I don't end up 3 laps down. Cars running shouldn't be a big issue, it was the ones parked on track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Meyervw wrote:
The cars still going were not to bad. They just gave a tap as they went by. My first problem was getting into the room I had an issue with my system and I could not get in. There for I did not qualify. They when I got on track my car did not handle as I had practiced so I was all over the track. I spun twice on the out lap. So I was down a few laps by the end. The main problem, what ever causes it, was cars parked on the track. I can flying down the track and met the back of a few cars, completely destroying my car. By the time I realized they were stopped it was too late. I think it is a Forza deal. Maybe we can find a safe place to park the cars after the race until all are finished. I will will keep practicing so I don't end up 3 laps down. Cars running shouldn't be a big issue, it was the ones parked on track.

Which is hopefully an easier fix, just have to make sure this issue gets noticed so all rooms know not to press the guide button. I know mine got stopped at the corner exit in the middle of the track and was collected by somebody, not sure if it was A.I. or you but it was then pushed off track by the collision. I think the glitch causes an immediate halt regardless of how fast the A.I. was going which eliminates pressing at the end of a long straight to go off course. But I think it is something that should be explored this week before the first race.
Back to top Go down
Meyervw

Meyervw

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:57 pm

I may have hit you if you were at the end of the front. I plowed through 3 to 4 cars I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A rule or common courtesy???????   A rule or common courtesy??????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A rule or common courtesy???????
Page 1 of 1