Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

tuning help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:09 pm

'bout to throw my controller out the window, ive tried everything i can in my tuning knowledge. ive sucked every ounce of juice from my car and its worked, im seconds faster on straights. but my problem remains in corners, all my stupid car does is understeer -_- i swear unless i wanna take all turns at 40, when i exit a turn my tires are at 215 degrees and ive lost 5 seconds. and i honestly dont understand why this is happening. i know my braking lines, and i know what speed my turns should be but my car seems to disagree. heres the specs im currently running though im still fiddling with them. this gets me my best time:

Camber:
front -0.8
rear -0.6

Toe:

Front caster:

Anti roll bars:
front 29.00
rear 33.10

springs:

ride height:

Rebound Stiffness:

bump stiffness:

any help would be awesome but im sure no one wants to help competition. let me tell you though, im no threat with this problem :/
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:32 pm

I will chit chat with u . You have to slow down as you enter the corner. If you go into the corner too fast in any car it will under steer.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:51 pm

oh i know that, i slow down an ample amount, its accelerating out of the corner that messes everything up. large corners especially. im powering through the ability of the grip of my front tires.
i just think if i could have more grip at my front tires my time would improve, i dont think anything else is going wrong on my laps besides that. it may be my fault and not the cars which im willing to accept but i dont know how to improve it. i brake, keep throttle cpontrolled all that stuffs
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 am

I will have a room up Sunday probably early because I will be busy all day Saturday and into the night.

Camber:
front -0.8
rear -0.6

Toe:

Front caster:

Anti roll bars:
front 29.00
rear 33.10

springs:

ride height:

Rebound Stiffness:

bump stiffness:

Try this. This is just a variation of what you are already running.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:07 am

will do Very Happy whats your GT? ill join your room sunday if you let me know about what time
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:46 pm

Before further experimenting with your setup, you might also want to consider your steering input. If you steer beyond the capabilities of the tires, grip falls sharply beyond that point. In other words, pull your steering gradually until you HEAR the tires slip. If you input any additional steering beyond that point you will only add to the problem -- and your car will plow into mid corner. Just my two cents. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Have to agree with the comment above. However it appears your spring and shock rates are too high, unless the 458 weighs 4000lbs. Its a common misconception that stiffer is always better. I used to think the same until I asked the advice of a national champ in my class. He said body roll isn't the enemy, its too much body roll. You can have suspension so tight that the weight doesn't transfer on top of the tire but instead pushes in the horizontal direction causing a skating effect especially over bumps. my NSX weighs 2,285lbs and I'm running spring rates of 493.7f/576.2r damping of 5.5f/6.5r and rebound of 4.0f/4.6r if you can find the minimum rates to allow for weight transfer over the tops of the tires it drastically reduces the need for things like camber and toe. Which makes the car easier to drive. Also saves on tire wear.
Back to top Go down

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

my weight is 2600
Back to top Go down

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Ok, built one with P.I. 747 to get that weight didnt add any hp and was running 2:13's two seconds off my NSX so it should be a good starting point.

Tire pressure 25f/24r
Camber -.9f/-.8r
Toe .1f/-.1r
Caster 4.8
Rollbars 20.20f/21.40r
Springs 553.0f/614.0r
Rebound 6.2f/7.0r
Bump 4.5f/5.2r
Full aero value front and rear
Braking 48% bias 95& pressure
Diff 50% front and rear.

Also noticed I had my bump rebound values switches in the original reply
Back to top Go down

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:09 pm

i currently run 2:12 sometimes 2:11 with it at 735PI 2600lbs and 574 HP
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 am

It sounds like your spring rates and sway bars are too stiff...I haven't really messed with the 458 for this series, but I know my S700 setup isn't that stiff. I'd try around 18.0 for the front sway and 19.2 for the rear sway bar and probably in the 600-700s for the spring rates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tuning help Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning help   tuning help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tuning help
Page 1 of 1