Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA

Go down 
+24
sniper919
OLDFenderBender
Meyervw
vV Science Vv
Claude Frollo
BIMM3RR
o351
jpnvr4
PredatorUSMC
jeckel4438
Hiredgun308
PickNick5
SSRT DWilkerson
KikRox268
Sir Panbot
Jiomen
stymer
snowman529
XMan4299
DirtyDawg73
Basicblaq
Basticular
TheManNowDog777
Admin/PredatorUSMC
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Basticular

Basticular

Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:12 pm

I got a practice lobby up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Any idea yet on host for the last room? Race is only a few hours away now...
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Shinny wrote:
Working on it.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
stymer

stymer

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Admin wrote:
Shinny wrote:
Working on it.

Well...
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 6:47 pm

You'll get an invite from someone, don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
PickNick5

PickNick5

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:44 pm

interet completely and randomly dropped on lap 32-ish. damn century link internet service does this to me all the time. DNF Mad
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/picnickz06
Jiomen

Jiomen

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Fun race. Was able to keep it clean and took is super easy the first few laps. Grabbed the win in Room C.

Shout out to Zambo for some excellent racing until lap 35 or so when he flipped it on that big curb. Within ~750ft for 35 laps is intense, but wouldn't have passed him if it wasn't for that curb.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Prone congratz on intentionally wrecking me to get the win. You couldnt out brake me running side by side so what would make you try to out brake me 200 feet behind me only to wreck me to get by me. If thats how you want to race I can race that way too.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:46 pm

lbaw hiredgun wrote:
Prone congratz on intentionally wrecking me to get the win. You couldnt out brake me running side by side so what would make you try to out brake me 200 feet behind me only to wreck me to get by me. If thats how you want to race I can race that way too.

This will be reviewed.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:51 pm

It was lag. I recieved no damage and I gave you the position back on the exit only to take it in the next corner.

I didn't run you down 3.4 seconds back being slower.
Back to top Go down
jeckel4438

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 9:56 pm

good racing in C room could not catch jioman though. over all a good night of racing. made it out with little damage
Back to top Go down
PredatorUSMC

PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:18 pm

DAMN! Started out with a strong run going from 12th to 8th by lap 12 and got the pass for 7th soon after with DWilkerson in my sights. However, right after I passed Grandsport he judges his braking wrong and rear ends me giving me 35% rear damage and 27% on the sides. After that the car simply would lose grip in all the sweeping corners getting squirrelley droping my lap times by 2 -3 seconds. Then on lap 22 I get the coupe de gras the sound just simply goes silent. So not only do I have a car thats hard to drive due to damage now I have no sound to even judge engine or tires!!! Over half the race of a miserable car with no sound! If there was a curse word or just bitter anger I had it all boiling inside me. BUT, I finished. No quitter here. I will just have to redeem myself over the rest of the season.

ITS NOT OVER YET!

Great Job Raft Zed O Sick and Claude Frollo for picking up the team colors of Predatory Racing and taking up for my poor race.
Next up Bernese Alps. A completely different type of track than Sebring. Points shake up?
Back to top Go down
jpnvr4

jpnvr4

PostSubject: Good Race   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:27 pm

I just wanna give a shout out to Science 4 so seriously tense racing for those few laps... ( bout 5-8 laps ).. I got spun on the 1st corner but that was cool, because I had no damage... Look out for Sirris Racing... WE COMING !!

P.S. To the newer racers ( I aint no pro but ) this more of a stamia race than a quick hotlap .. pace ur way into the race and wait till you warm up to get as aggressive. ijs
Back to top Go down
stymer

stymer

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 10:50 pm

jpnvr4 wrote:
P.S. To the newer racers ( I aint no pro but ) this more of a stamia race than a quick hotlap .. pace ur way into the race and wait till you warm up to get as aggressive. ijs

It was my first race and I went into it with just that in mind. I think the "aggressive" driving you saw was actually more like "out of control" driving. I was looking forward to a good endurance race, but instead got wrecked on the 2nd lap by a certain out of control Viper. I was pissed but I know accidents happen. Still finished the race though, unlike the other unlucky guy who got caught in the same mess.

I'd just suggest that some racers do some tuning to "tighten up" their cars, or just switch to a more easy to control car than a Viper if you can't keep it in a straight line. That's one reason why I went with the Diablo b/c it's easy to control and I didn't want to be the rookie pissing everyone else off by causing wrecks.

Still had fun though, and maybe I'll be able to avoid any trouble next week. Kind of expected that starting at the rear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Got rear ended on lap 3 (racing lap 2) giving me 100% damage on the sides and rear, drove mad as hell the next couple laps until I could pit in the required time frame. Spent the next few laps trying to figure the car out, the next 10 laps getting a rhythm going. After that I spent 25 laps trying to make up a lap and pass Xman, but came up a minute short and finished a rather miserable race 7th in the room.

But at least I had sound!
Back to top Go down
o351

o351

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Veevee wrote:
Got rear ended on lap 3 (racing lap 2) giving me 100% damage on the sides and rear, drove mad as hell the next couple laps until I could pit in the required time frame. Spent the next few laps trying to figure the car out, the next 10 laps getting a rhythm going. After that I spent 25 laps trying to make up a lap and pass Xman, but came up a minute short and finished a rather miserable race 7th in the room.

Veevee, I apologize for the rear-ender! I know it was tough to drive the next 47 laps with 100% rear aero damage. Because an over zealous rookie (me) smacks into to you.... Two things I have learned from this accident 1. Its an endurance race I don't have to get to the front in the first laps. and 2. This ruins another racers race as well! Sorry again Veevee I will never rear-end another BMW as long as I live!
To see the accident its on my store front lap 3 turn 5.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:42 am

Veevee wrote:

I think every room had it problem..No one could hear me in Room B and had to have Mat host the room. I think everyone in our room was complaining about Lag. I got 73% front, 47% side and 17% Rear Damage on lap 3. I did finish and am glad Sebring is over...
Back to top Go down
Jiomen

Jiomen

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:58 am

stymer wrote:
jpnvr4 wrote:

It was my first race and I went into it with just that in mind. I think the "aggressive" driving you saw was actually more like "out of control" driving. I was looking forward to a good endurance race, but instead got wrecked on the 2nd lap by a certain out of control Viper. I was pissed but I know accidents happen. Still finished the race though, unlike the other unlucky guy who got caught in the same mess.

I'd just suggest that some racers do some tuning to "tighten up" their cars, or just switch to a more easy to control car than a Viper if you can't keep it in a straight line. That's one reason why I went with the Diablo b/c it's easy to control and I didn't want to be the rookie pissing everyone else off by causing wrecks.

Still had fun though, and maybe I'll be able to avoid any trouble next week. Kind of expected that starting at the rear.

Yeah with my 100HP increase over last week, my Viper got pretty tail happy. I think most of the Vipers in our room did pretty good though.

It was weird for me though, the first 5 laps of a run, the car did really good. Then it was super loose for about 10 laps and I would be all over the track. But once the tires got worn in a bit or something, the end of the run the car ran much better again. I need to figure this out so I can have a more consistent car.

I also need to figure out how to get my fingers to not cramp up. Laps 40-50 were tough, my hands were done! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:16 am

Jiomen wrote:

Yeah with my 100HP increase over last week, my Viper got pretty tail happy. I think most of the Vipers in our room did pretty good though.

It was weird for me though, the first 5 laps of a run, the car did really good. Then it was super loose for about 10 laps and I would be all over the track. But once the tires got worn in a bit or something, the end of the run the car ran much better again. I need to figure this out so I can have a more consistent car.

I also need to figure out how to get my fingers to not cramp up. Laps 40-50 were tough, my hands were done! Crying or Very sad

One thing to keep in mind, similar to FM3, the cars handle significantly different when racing offline versus racing online. One recommendation is to get the car close to where you need to be in the test drive section then set up a private race and run some laps. Go back to the tuning screen for adjustments and repeat until the car is where you need it to be.

If you think the controller wears you out, try a force feedback wheel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:23 am

DirtyDawg73 wrote:
Jiomen wrote:

One thing to keep in mind, similar to FM3, the cars handle significantly different when racing offline versus racing online. One recommendation is to get the car close to where you need to be in the test drive section then set up a private race and run some laps. Go back to the tuning screen for adjustments and repeat until the car is where you need it to be.

If you think the controller wears you out, try a force feedback wheel.

That isn't correct. The car handles exactly the same in test drive as it will during any online race when simulation damage is on for both. The tires in this game go through cycles when you are racing and you just need to adjust your tune so that it is better once the tires come in versus when they are cold.
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:53 am

So we have two races under our belts... Both of which I have somehow managed to finish completely unscathed. However, the overall level of carnage we've seen in the past two races has been uncharacteristically high. I understand accidents happen, but part of the idea behind this league is to get away from the crash fests we've learned to call public lobbies. At least half of A room had damage by lap 5, some of it "lag" related, but most of it just due to overly aggressive driving. I hope this changes soon, because there are quite a few drivers already feeling annoyed and it's only the beginning of the series...

Side note if you are the proud owner of a Kinect, make sure that POS is unplugged and in a completely different room while we are racing please...
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 am

SSRT Pronebird wrote:
That isn't correct. The car handles exactly the same in test drive as it will during any online race when simulation damage is on for both. The tires in this game go through cycles when you are racing and you just need to adjust your tune so that it is better once the tires come in versus when they are cold.

I disagree.

There was a difference between testing and online racing in FM3 and there still is in FM4, and I'm not the only one that has noticed it. A car tuned to run right on the edge offline will be nearly impossible to control racing online.
Back to top Go down
DirtyDawg73

DirtyDawg73

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:55 am

BIMM3RR wrote:

Side note if you are the proud owner of a Kinect, make sure that POS is unplugged and in a completely different room while we are racing please...

What's the issue with the Kinect? I don't use one when driving, but I do have one.
Back to top Go down
Claude Frollo

Claude Frollo

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:03 am

DirtyDawg73 wrote:
BIMM3RR wrote:

What's the issue with the Kinect? I don't use one when driving, but I do have one.

It has a microphone. This is an issue specially when it sits next to a center channel. Trust me, group A [cough! cough! me! ] learned the hard way...
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 am

jpnvr4 wrote:
I just wanna give a shout out to Science 4 so seriously tense racing for those few laps... ( bout 5-8 laps ).. I got spun on the 1st corner but that was cool, because I had no damage... Look out for Sirris Racing... WE COMING !!

Thanks jp, it was close racing,no margins my car's front end quit on me so I fell back. Probably cost me a second a lap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA   Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Race 2 Sunday November 13th 5pm PST- Sebring, FL, USA
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next