Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Empty
PostSubject: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:31 pm

PLEASE REMEMBER DO NOT POST YOUR TEST TIMES. Thanks

After last weeks wide open race, this street circuit should pose a whole new challenge!
(warning) watch for walls cause they do hurt!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
PredatorUSMC

PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Press Release:

PredatorUSMC arrived in Spain today and started testing. Within a few laps he was on a very quick pace and when he pulled into the pits he seemed quite happy. However, while talking to his crew chief he could be seen making hand jestures and then pointing at the car then at the track. The car was briefly taken to the garage after which Predator jumped back on track. The Ferrari 458 could be heard screaming around the track for lap after lap. After the session we gathered the track time sheets and to our surprise the second session second lap Predator bested his best by more than a second +! When he jumped out of the car he was elated! But then something strange happened...His facial expression went from complete joy to confusion, then to something that looked like anger.

Within minutes Predator was on the Ferrari private jet back to Florida. When he arrived the sun was setting and they hurredly pulled out the backup car which had been prepared to the specs of the car in Spain. Predator wasted no time and got straight to business. He only turned about 5 laps and when got out of the car he again had the strangest mood swing from happy to plain angry! He walked over to his crew chief and out of nowhere gave him some type of martial arts kick to the jaw...but then he quickly grabbed his crew chief gave him a hug and a kiss on his cheek and started wildly shaking his hand! Well, of course we had to go to timing and scoring to get his time sheets which revealed an out lap of 2:08.xxx a second lap of 2:03.001, a third lap of 2:02.977 and 3 more laps all in the 2:03.1 to 2:03.2 range!

Afterwards we got a quick word in with PredatorUSMC

What was that all about?
While testing in Spain we made some adjustment to the balance of the car and right away the car just came alive and felt even better! I was so happy about the improvement but then it struck me like a brick..If it was so fast so early then I wonder what if? So we flew back to Florida and right away I was faster then yesterdays race. Not as fast as that Porsche of KIR BIMM3R but a big improvement non the less. I was so happy that I got mad cause if we would have found that BEFORE the damn race who knows I coulda been on the podium! I lost my head and kicked my crew chief. I was a bit outta my mind and started hugging him right after. He must think I am crazy or somethin'

Is he gonna be all right?
Oh, he's a big boy he will be fine. I am surprised he did't hit me back really. Probably stunned him with the bonus check I said he would receive for the improvements!

Are you heading back to Spain now or what are you gonna do?
Yeah, I am gonna head back and sleep on the flight. The Ferrari boys are there and I have to get back for some more testing.

Well, how do you think this will help you for the race?
You sure ask a lot of questions!

Well?
Well what? I think it will help of course. But next race I think that Viper is a threat for the top spot but honestly there are some great drivers and cars racing so who the hell knows. CCB found something in that freakin Vette of his too, so I dunno. I like my chances though. I am just gonna do my best to keep the Ferrari up front and out of the wall. If I can do that I should be ok! Now get outta here, your interupting me I wanna go have a cigar.

(edit: because it was done in test drive the time didn't post. Mad But I will bring in the official timing crew soon to see if they can document it for the leaderboard!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Shadowfox was seen testing for the second race today. After several laps to learn the track better he seemed quite happy and got to work on tunning his ford gt. After several more laps and a much improved time he was even happier and called it a day. He later received the bad news that a fellow competitor was also seen testing and was posting much better times. So with renewed determination he revised his practice schedule and is planing on many more hours being spent in the car over the next week.

Aright i just checked the lbs and is the 2:02:xx a typo ? or am I practicing on the wrong track?
Back to top Go down
PredatorUSMC

PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 pm

LOL, the 2:02 was for Sebring! Gotta read a lil better there fox. lol. As stated in the first post, times for this track will not be posted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:00 am

Ah I see it now. I didn't make the connection between the florida part. And ya the fact that you had a time was also confusing me. Over all I just need to go back to reading comprehension 101.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 am

Too funny Predator. It looks like I've got my work cut out for me! affraid
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:52 pm

We caught up with the driver known as Red Rotor in Montserrat Spain after his practice session.
So how are things going in your practice session? "You sure ask direct questions don't you?"

We ask because the people want to know...so back to our previous question. "Well to be honest...it f***ing sucks, things aren't going well at all"

Is it because of the track set up? "No, its actually because of the new setup on the car...its not communicating well to me."

How so? "In an ideal situation and I'm sure most race drivers would agree, the car is supposed to feel like an extension of your body...man and machine as one. Right now, it feels like I'm fighting the car and the car is fighting back...not meshing well at all."

Do you feel like this will affect your performance in this weeks race? "Of course, but I'll do my damnedest to represent my team and my car. I still have a few days to try and figure something out"

We received word that some other racers are testing as well and are doing considerably well, does this worry you? "It does worry me because they are outstanding racers, but the only thing I can do is concentrate on getting prepared for this race the best I can"

Well, we won't hold you up anymore. We hope you can figure something out. "You and me both"

A different tone today from Red Rotor, we'll see if he can get things situated come race day.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm

i hope to god that no one gets hurt by a rear end collision in the tight chicane due to the slow grass
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Ya I hate that section can completely ruin an other great lap. Also that little jump on that hill will be interesting in a close race.
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Yeah, not looking forward to that section in heavy traffic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:14 pm

SPA 1998 comes to mind! affraid
Back to top Go down
PredatorUSMC

PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Well, after the practice session last night with CCB METAL and RRR Red Rotor it became aware that the Ferrari 458 Italia of PredatorUSMC was not as good in traffic as it is on track alone. The rumor has it that Predator has commissioned some of his friends in the ALMS to practice with him today. The word we got is he has Rahal/Letterman BMW along with the Tafal Racing Ferrari F430 and possibly the Flying Lizard Porsche practicing with him. Stay tuned for the report.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Sorry I couldn't make that practice I had a friend over so. But maybe next time.
As for my practice its going good. Brining down lap times with about every one.
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:59 am

After a week of testing and hearing a startling discover of Red Rotor's decision, we catch up to the driver known as Red Rotor to learn about this controversial decision.

So what is this controversial decision you've made? "Wow, you've heard about this?!? I've been testing out a few setups, obviously some were faster than others...but I basically chose the "slower" setup."

Why on earth would you do something like that?!?! "Hahaha, a couple of people asked me that. On the faster setup, I was basically fighting the car the entire time to achieve the "faster" time, with the setup I chose...it felt more natural, more fluid...less work to achieve almost the same result. I figured this setup would be the "fastest" for the endurance race even though its not producing the fastest lap times"

Interesting reasoning, hopefully it works out to your advantage. "I hope so too"
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, after an odd Qualifying session where most drivers had a hard time getting a clean lap on this track the race itself was pretty good. Well except for KIR BIMM3R and JOnny ROOk who had a pretty hard contact. From the footage of the race Claude Frollo was inside and had touched the rumble strip and had to check up a tad, when he did this KIR BIMM3R decided to go for the position, however so did CCB METAL who was on the outside position making it three wide. It is hard to tell if KIR BIMM3R drifted out a tad or CCB METAL turned in a tad but the touch was VERY minor that caused KIR BIMM3R to spin and clout the wall. It was a small hit and only caused minor damage. Where it got ugly is when as KIR BIMM3R pulled back on track was just over the hump as JOnny ROOk came over it...It was too late for ROOk to slow down and he hit KIR BIMM3R pretty hard sending him back into the wall with MAJOR damage. There is no one to blame for the incident as it was just a series of events that caused it. I would probably say it was a lil early to try to go three wide in such a long race but hey, racin's racin' and it happens.

On another note it appeared as if RRR Red Rotor and PredatorUSMC where about to have a tight race but on lap 3 PredatorUSMC miss shifted and over revved his engine and caused internal damage that cost him some power. That gave RRR Red Rotor the breathing room he needed and he proceeded to pull away and go from Pole to Winner.

Congrats RRR Red Rotor on your victory!

See you guys next week at Suzuka
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:13 am

yea ill take full responsibility for that wreck, at the time it looked to me like bother bimmer and frollo dove into the corner too hard, so i thought i could beat them to the corner with my power, but it just ended up making it 3 wide, i realize it wasn't a smart move to pull but i wanted to catch up to rotor and predator already making an advance on the pack.

if you don't think its my fault.... would bimmer have been wrecked without me trying to pass them?

my apologies
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:35 am

Honestly it's not about fault. It was racing. You didn't make a stupid error or a bonehead move or anything like that. You went for an opening and had a slight touch. I blame Forza physics more than anything for the overreaction of the cars during slight contact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 am

On your defense, Metal, after watching the replay you were ahead of Bimmer at the time of the collision and you didn't have much room to maneuver to your left. Like the admin said, I think it was caused by a series of unmalicious incidents that led to Armageddon (started by me going wide on the turn). In the end, I would have loved to see Bimmer raise his Porsche from the ashes as most of us were limping towards the end of the race.

Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Camino10

Gentlemen, in the end, the track lend itself for a tough and fun race. As always, I enjoyed myself a great bit and I'm already looking forward to Suzuka.
Back to top Go down
Red R0tor

Red R0tor

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 am

Yeah, I watched the replay...there wasn't anything else you could do...the forza physics really did freak out. I'm looking forward to the next race even though I'm going to get demolished...I already started tuning for it.
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:19 pm

First off I want to say there is far too much discussion following the incident. It's not that Metal Wrecked me, that wasn't my argument, but i saw claude go wide so i gave him room because i was not sure where he would end up when trying to get back on his line, so i gave him plenty of room on the inside, I was just completely unaware of metal being on my outside. Perhaps more of a communication error than anything. Regardless no hard feelings, I just didn't want to have an accident with claude so i gave him all the room in the world on the inside, not thinking i might have someone on my outside. It wasn't a major bump, i know how to control a car on forza but the damn thing just snapped out of control on me and i couldn't recover. I do apologize to rook for tangling him up in the mess...
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:43 pm

People just felt bad about a front runner ending up like that...well anyone for that matter, but I am sure you get my point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme   Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race 2 Camino Viejo Extreme
Page 1 of 1