Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Car choice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
XMan4299

XMan4299

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:36 pm

So, my team has no intention of continuing in our current Mosler for season 7. And we are new to this series and would like to hear your input. What car is the best to start out with? We have varying types of styles. I like a rear end that is planted to the track and can corner like a son of a b****, as does Charles, but I am a notorious short braker, to get better times through the turns.

I see that the Ferrari and Lamborghini seem to be the top dogs in the series, based on adjustablility I suppose. What do you guys think?

Love to get some feedback! Tired of finishing 30 or worse every race! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jiomen

Jiomen

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 pm

rainmaker2484 wrote:
So, my team has no intention of continuing in our current Mosler for season 7. And we are new to this series and would like to hear your input. What car is the best to start out with? We have varying types of styles. I like a rear end that is planted to the track and can corner like a son of a b****, as does Charles, but I am a notorious short braker, to get better times through the turns.

I see that the Ferrari and Lamborghini seem to be the top dogs in the series, based on adjustablility I suppose. What do you guys think?

Love to get some feedback! Tired of finishing 30 or worse every race! lol!

Driver skill > Car.

Pretty sure any of the top guys could hop in my car and run very close to the times they run in their own car. No offense, but we all just need the driver mod.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:47 pm

No offense taken. I have been playing NASCAR and World of Outlaws for years. Just need to get used to the way that they drive. I was very good at just turning left! We still like the ability to be able to actually modify the parts that are on the car to build the PI and horsepower up. The Mosler is already super high and that kinda takes a little bit of the fun away with the tuning capablilities. I know that the Mosler is a leaderboard car, but most at sitting at 800 PI also.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm

The PI is high simply to adjust for driver skill level a bit. As Admin I will give a little to help you achieve more speed and a better car. However, I will not give so much to give a driver that should be at the back of the pack is now in the front simply because he has a super PI car under his seat. The balance for me is to balance car and driver the best I can. Some cars Simply need more PI to compete against a car with exactly the same PI. So, it's no simple formula to balance things out. Heck, the same car Manual vs Flappy paddle shift has about a 8-10 PI difference to make up. So, I understand some people feel there are drivers up front that really shouldn't be there and that is a discussion that could go many ways and for many hours. Understandably. I race just as those who complain and I don't like getting beat by a car with more PI and dislike it more with a car with less PI but I understand there are soooooo many variables with racing that as Admin AND a racer I have to do what I can with an unbias hand in an effort to provide a challenge and an opportunity for all to 'have a chance'.

There are many skill levels in this series as there are in any series in the world. There will always be the guys that no matter what are up front and there will always be the guys in the middle and there is always someone who has to finish last. The goal is to try to make it so that each position is not a given but earned or lost. I feel I have been able to do that for 5 seasons and Season 6 seems to be even closer racing than 1 - 5. So, the challenge is out there who is going to rise and who is going to fall?
( I can name 1 driver who has quit due to 1 poor result that I never would have guessed but we learn new things about people every day. The Forza Sports Car Series shall go on)

Good Luck as we head to Road America, A festival of speed and handling.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:15 pm

A Mosler Raptor at 660 PI is not by any means a slow car. If you cannot find speed in that car you will be worse off in most other cars in the series. Team SC Racing, my advice is to practice, then practice some more. Get help for a tune (many veterans and I am sure some fast rookies would help sort out a tune for you) Then practice some more. THERE IS NO substitute for practice when it comes to racing. You can find 3 seconds a lap when you thought you were at the best the car had simply when YOU get better at driving the car. Oh, so I forgot to mention practice. Get that Mosler moooooving!
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 pm

I understand pi adjustments. I know it takes practice. I ran 270+ laps at alps to get faster. I am not by any means complaining. I know that there are a lot of you in here with more experience. This would be why I asked the question because there are no other moslers running. Kind of curious why and what people thought were the better cars that they have driven. I am getting better and faster in the car, but some teammates have not, hence the post.

Not complaining about pi. I just noticed that at 800, it is the top dog at alps. We don't even go that high, I don't think! I was just throwing it out there for advise. I am not at your experience level on this game yet. I played forza 3 for a month. Like I said, I played NASCAR and outlaw games. I am sure that as I understand setups on here better, it will get faster. I worked for a NASCAR team out of college, so knowledge is not a problem. I raced dirt track cars in sc, so I can drive. This is a game that I am learning to play.

Please don't get me wrong and take a question for advice, as critisim. It is not and was not. And for those who want to bring up driver skill....when I get your experience of this game and how to set the cars up - watch out. It is not easy to translate my suspension and handling setups on a video game car, when everything is equal. Front and rear tire pressures the same, for example.

I am not just a kid who will take his ball and go home. I am going to get these cars better, but if my TEAM can't drive the setups, then I have to look at options.

And note - I have tried to get information from some on how to set it up faster, but it is not easy when they are your competition. When they are practicing their own cars. Most of these tracks, I have never seen before. Some of you have 5 seasons on them. I welcome any help that I can get. But please don't try to make me sound like a whiner or make the assumption that I can't drive. Give me a setup to try and I can get near your times in the car. Driver ability is not a question. I just have to get used to the game.

So in ending, I welcome any ideas that you guys have. I noted earlier that there were a lot of ferrari and lambo teams. Just wondering why. I was TOLD because there is more that UPI can adjust on pi to make them faster, I did not assume that.

If anyone would like to practice with me and tell me what I am doing wrong, then please invite me or join my room. I want to be a room host, so obviously I want to be here. So please help me see what I am apparently doing wrong.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:21 pm

rainmaker2484 wrote:
I understand pi adjustments. I know it takes practice. I ran 270+ laps at alps to get faster. I am not by any means complaining. I know that there are a lot of you in here with more experience. This would be why I asked the question because there are no other moslers running. Kind of curious why and what people thought were the better cars that they have driven. I am getting better and faster in the car, but some teammates have not, hence the post.

Not complaining about pi. I just noticed that at 800, it is the top dog at alps. We don't even go that high, I don't think! I was just throwing it out there for advise. I am not at your experience level on this game yet. I played forza 3 for a month. Like I said, I played NASCAR and outlaw games. I am sure that as I understand setups on here better, it will get faster. I worked for a NASCAR team out of college, so knowledge is not a problem. I raced dirt track cars in sc, so I can drive. This is a game that I am learning to play.

Please don't get me wrong and take a question for advice, as critisim. It is not and was not. And for those who want to bring up driver skill....when I get your experience of this game and how to set the cars up - watch out. It is not easy to translate my suspension and handling setups on a video game car, when everything is equal. Front and rear tire pressures the same, for example.

I am not just a kid who will take his ball and go home. I am going to get these cars better, but if my TEAM can't drive the setups, then I have to look at options.

And note - I have tried to get information from some on how to set it up faster, but it is not easy when they are your competition. When they are practicing their own cars. Most of these tracks, I have never seen before. Some of you have 5 seasons on them. I welcome any help that I can get. But please don't try to make me sound like a whiner or make the assumption that I can't drive. Give me a setup to try and I can get near your times in the car. Driver ability is not a question. I just have to get used to the game.

So in ending, I welcome any ideas that you guys have. I noted earlier that there were a lot of ferrari and lambo teams. Just wondering why. I was TOLD because there is more that UPI can adjust on pi to make them faster, I did not assume that.

If anyone would like to practice with me and tell me what I am doing wrong, then please invite me or join my room. I want to be a room host, so obviously I want to be here. So please help me see what I am apparently doing wrong.

I am by no means a tuner I have someone help me out with that. But I can help you with your driving. Not saying im the best but I can try and help out. I will be on later tonight.

As the Admin said "Get that Mosler Moving". It can be done, dont panic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
sniper919

sniper919

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Admin wrote:
A Mosler Raptor at 660 PI is not by any means a slow car. If you cannot find speed in that car you will be worse off in most other cars in the series. Team SC Racing, my advice is to practice, then practice some more. Get help for a tune (many veterans and I am sure some fast rookies would help sort out a tune for you) Then practice some more. THERE IS NO substitute for practice when it comes to racing. You can find 3 seconds a lap when you thought you were at the best the car had simply when YOU get better at driving the car. Oh, so I forgot to mention practice. Get that Mosler moooooving!

I wish I could like the last line of that post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 pm

People could not pick the Mosler because soon as you add the required race tires it jumps well over the min PI. Therefore the raptor is/was a car reserved for racers who needed a more potent car to 'assist' them along.

Rainmaker no comment was made to demean you or accuse you of being a whiner. Not at all in the least. My only point was time and practice is your best friend. There is no substitute for that.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:29 am

[quote="rainmaker2484"]No offense taken. I have been playing NASCAR and World of Outlaws for years. Just need to get used to the way that they drive. I was very good at just turning left! We still like the ability to be able to actually modify the parts that are on the car to build the PI and horsepower up. The Mosler is already super high and that kinda takes a little bit of the fun away with the tuning capablilities. I know that the Mosler is a leaderboard car, but most at sitting at 800 PI also.[/quo
te]

The learning curve is steep here, also many drivers kept the same car for the past several seasons so they "know" their car. You will probably hit the sweet spot at some point in the season or next IF you don't change cars often.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Team SC Racing driver, XMan4299, went to the Road America track early on Monday looking to learn the track prior to this weekend's qualifying sessions. After running with a few guys to get the braking line down, he tracked down another drive with a similar style racecar, OldFenderBender, for some tuning advice.

After looking over the computer tuning calculator information, drastic changes were made on the suspension to keep the rear end under the car. After running a few laps of testing, the car seems to be much better. Only a slight change may be needed to the braking pressure, as the Mosler comes down in speed quite aggressively.

There will be multiple long runs tonite to continue to learn the track. XMan thanks OFB for all of his his help and hopes that this will allow the car to be better prepared for the upcoming race. Another 270 laps could be in the future plans this week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car choice?   Car choice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car choice?
Page 1 of 1