Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread

Go down 
+2
oddball7000
sniper919
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sniper919

sniper919

Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Welcome to the Vintage Le Mans Series or VLMS. A series that will rekindle racing rivalries from the 50's and 60's, when drivers were fearless, car were beautiful, and safety was scarce. Do you have what it takes?

So your asking yourself how is this series setup and how will it be run?

The series will be split into 3 classes which will be sorted by driver skill. The Gold class will be for the fastest drivers and will include cars such as the Ferrari 330 P4 and the Ford GT40MKII. The Silver class will be for intermediate drivers and will include cars such as the Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa and the Aston Martin DBR1. And finally the Bronze class will be for drivers who are for the rookies or less experienced drivers car would include the Jaguar E-type and Shelby GT500.

But Sniper how will that these classes be determined?

In an effort to improve racing throughout the multi-car system I will be holding an qualifying session a week prior to the series first race. Everyone will be placed in identical cars (Build and Tune) and will have 4 laps to post their quickest time. The top 6 drivers will be placed in the gold class, the next 5 will be placed in the silver class, and the final five will be placed in the bronze class. this all depends on the turnout for the series but im hoping to get 16 drivers. The theory is that once you are placed into a class you will be racing against drivers of your equal ability making for tighter racing throughout.

Ok but what cars will we be using for the qualifying session and which track will we be on?

The car for the liquifying session hasn't been determined yet but the track will be the Le Mans Circuit Old Mulsanne Circuit. Qualifying will be one out lap and 3 flying laps. A 3 second penalty will be added for a final dirty lap.

Which cars will we be running in this series and what builds do we have to use? Will there be stock tunes or will we be able to tune?

The PI will be different for each class. Gold - PI625 Silver - PI500 Bronze - PI 430

All cars are required to have :

Stock Rims(Altering the rims will result in SEVERE penalty's).
Drag Tires
Sport Trans
Full Roll Cage
No Rear Aero but front is allowed.
Any car that can remove chrome is permitted to do so. Ex Jag E-Type
Tuning is allowed

The Gold Class will be: PI 625

Ferrari 330 P4
Ferrari 250 GTO ***
Ford GT40 MKII
Shelby Cobra 427
Shelby Daytona Coupe

Because of the 250 GTO's speed you MUST run the forza front aero.

The Silver Class will be: PI500

Aston Martin DBR1
Chevy Corvette C2
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
Jaguar D-Type
Maserati 300

The Bronze Class will be: PI430

Ferrari Dino
Alfa Romeo Sprint
Shelby GT500 Mustang (not the 70)
Jaguar E-type
Aston Martin DB5
Mercedes Gulling Wing

Sniper, I've built all the cars and they don't look competitive to each other is that correct?

Due to forza's PI system some cars wont look competitive. Not to worry though I've done enough testing to know these cars can all be tuned to be competitive. If there needs to be adjusting I will consider that after our first test.

When will this test be?

The first test will be this Saturday starting at 8PM EST and running all night(or until Im the last one in the room lol). You can use any of the cars listed more than one if you'd like. We will be doing multiple circuits but Old Le Mans will be the main testing track.

What circuits will we be running in this series?

After some research I found that many circuits that were run besides Le Mans at the time are not in the game(go figure). So here is the schedule (subject to change).

Le Mans Old Mulsanne Circuit
Sebring International Raceway
Mazda Leguna Seca
Road America
Nurburgring Nordschleife
Silverstone
Sunset Peninsula Reverse Full

Length of these races will be determined later after more testing.

What about paint can i through some Red Bull stickers on my Ferrari Testa Rossa?

Livery Verification will be very strict as we are trying to re create vintage racing. That mean no modern logos or companies (aka RED BULL/Monster). If you are unsure of what im talking about do some research. Paints must be verified with a reference picture found either on the web or from a book/magazine. (EX photos to be posted later). This doesn't mean you can't be creative but an advance warning that all liveries will be looked at very carefully.

Ok I have my car, the tracks, my paint. What else do I need to know?

After the series test which may be more than one I will begin determining race length and procedure. I can tell you that:

Sim Damage will be on and let me give warning that you do not want to take damage. These cars will be a handful without any damage. Also for the test there will be standing starts. Because of the differences in launches between cars we may have to go to a rolling start. I may also have a roll of delay between the three classes.

The main thing is to have fun which after testing all this week I think will be no problem. I am currently building a proper website and forum but for now this will be were information can be found.

Any questions please feel free to ask here or talk to me on XBL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:35 am

Definitely want to be a part of this. but i think you could include corvette stingray as im pretty sure this raced at le mans as did the lotus elan and maybe the muira? either way i can see this being great fun and ive got a few cars ready Smile
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: count me in   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am

oddball7000 wrote:
Definitely want to be a part of this. but i think you could include corvette stingray as im pretty sure this raced at le mans as did the lotus elan and maybe the muira? either way i can see this being great fun and ive got a few cars ready Smile
ill go with the daytona!!!!
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:41 pm

oddball7000 wrote:

Yes the stingray raced at le mans but as of right now I'm not putting it in the car list. The C2s there if you wanna race a vette but I will test the Stingray. As for the Lotus, I saw it raced during its production but I didnt see anything that put it at le man. Again Ill test it and do some more research. And Lamborgini did not race the Miura at Le Mans. I had already looked into that and couldn't find anything.

I'm trying to keep this as realistic as possible to le mans from 54-70. Oddball if you can send me referance photos of the Miura ill consider it. And the Stingray I believe is a 71.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:43 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
oddball7000 wrote:
ill go with the daytona!!!!

I'd recommend building one for each class as the test will be switching often. And if for some reason you didnt make it to Gold Class you wouldn't be able to drive the Cobra Daytona.
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:51 am

wasnt getting at you, just trying to think of was to get a more diverse grid. love this idea though and am looking forward to it. i'll do some research when i can and help you out Smile
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 am

Ive found a green and yellow elan that raced le mans in 1964 Smile i'll keep digging and see what more i can find. wish they had the old Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ and a few more things like that.
http://barchetta.mediacenter.studioline.net/?i=1414014&rd=1964532
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:58 pm

oddball7000 wrote:
Ive found a green and yellow elan that raced le mans in 1964 Smile i'll keep digging and see what more i can find. wish they had the old Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ and a few more things like that.
http://barchetta.mediacenter.studioline.net/?i=1414014&rd=1964532

Great pictures. I built the three you mentioned and will be testing them tonight.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Testing room is now open.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 am

Test went well even though there were only 3 of us. Will be testing again tomorrow if anyone wants to join.
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:19 am

might be able to join you sometime after monday, been a bit busy sorry
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:45 am

despite not competing outside of japan the toyota 2000gt won the fuji 24hours in 1967 which was a serious gt event. i think it could add something to the gt class. just a suggestion Smile
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:42 pm

The next test will be held on Wednesday at 9PM EST.

Track for test:
Old Le Mans
The Ring
Leguna Seca
Sebring

Also would like to add that I will try and host another test on Saturday and possibly even Sunday. More info will be released later in the week.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 pm

After talking it over with some of the people involved in the series we decided to wait for the Porches release. Sorry for the inconvinence but we felt a vintage series without Porche wasnt right.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 am

That works out better for me! I was really looking forward to this and didn't want to miss it. Not much time right now but the baby should be calm enough by then for me to get some free time to participate. Great decision sniper.
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 pm

yeah man cant do it without porsche. if anyone wants to practice/test before then i have some cars built and would love to try them out in anger.
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 am

im pretty sure the big healey will have raced at le mans from the new car pack but does anyone know if the cortina did? i know it was a great touring and rally car.

Last edited by oddball7000 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 am

Are the builds on your storefront? I want to start testing my good old GT40.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 am

oddball7000 wrote:
im pretty sure the big healey will have raced at le mans from the new car pack but does anyone know is the cortina did. i know it was a great touring and rally car.

It did.

Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Image
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:21 pm

sweet. love that car. this series looks more interesting with every car pack. the porsche one will help too. oh and dr phiib i have a build i can send you
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Cool thanks man.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Guys im working the kinks out in the series right now and the new cars will be tested.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Got my GT40 done. Now just gotta get it through paint and she'll be track ready. Then time to fine tune for each track. Gotta say that I love this car. This will bean amazing series. CAN NOT WAIT!
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 pm

think i may just have to drive that cortina!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:47 am

sniper i'll test with you if you need it man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread   Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Le Mans Series(VLMS) Updated Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next