Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)

Go down 
+17
Basticular
OLDFenderBender
s0ul harv3st
Zed 0 Sick
hosakiller
SSRT DWilkerson
snowman529
sniper919
stymer
THF dvsSublime
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Kamikaze1414
Bradsz
oddball7000
Sir Panbot
Dr PiiHB
monette92
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
monette92

monette92

Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:44 am

LOL!, well In Quebec we have a weird system too the worse part are the road... you cant drive 100 Km/h whitout damaging you damed suspention!! hell of 1 meter holes on the middle of the road...
Back to top Go down
http://www.Gom-team.com
hosakiller

hosakiller

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:10 am

saskatoon has the same problem, vancouver just have alot of bad traffic and....doint mean to be racist to anyone, but really bad asian drivers.
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: re    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm

Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Img_0614

this is how I work on the videos, premiere pro splited in 2 screen, 40 po. hell ya!
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:13 pm

thats a hell of a setup, so thats how you make such good videos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:10 pm

hey, I am thinking right now about a way to record multiple people s voice while watching the replay (for commentary)

first those 2 people need to have a online communication device, (Micro) and or (web cam with a micro) they will need to choose from different online sevices that provides online audio chat like facebook,msn, skype, even facetime! why not! xbox live chat may be too poor quality I think... if somebody know a better site than those please say.

any way, one of the person will record the conversation with a sound recorder program,

I found one randomly : http://www.totalrecorder.com/capture_sound.htm

the only bug is that both person need to watch the video at the same time. so when they have clicked on the button (record) they both say 1,2 ,3 and PLAY) so the video starts at the same time. its a simple things but will it work?... only one way to find out.

the person that recorded the sound send me the file and bingo!

if any one have a better way, please help us out!
Back to top Go down
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:06 am

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's a good program has very nice quality. I read that you want 2 people watching the video at the same time, that could be good and bad a lot of interruption between 2 people. They only way you could do this is by using http://www.ventrilo.com/ or http://teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3 Both are pretty equal except Teamspeak lags every so often when Ventrilo has a very good sound and no lag. You could just use these programs to be in the same chat box with people and use Audacity as the main recording device.
Back to top Go down
s0ul harv3st

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:34 am

Someone should write out the commentary and then have the announcers read it while watching the race. That would eliminate people talking over each other and their statements will be more accurate. Another bonus would be that they wouldn't have to watch the race at the same time so long as they spoke at their designated cue points.
Audio could be edited and overlayed onto the video in proper time.
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 7:26 am

Audacity! Of course! I didnt thougt about that!
I think writen the commentary whould be too mutch work, its 20 minutes long... And the point of having 2 person is to have a sort of conversation between them, if you chec out catalunya with commentary, there are part that ttyranic have just no idea what to say, so mayby one main commentary guy and the other assist with some question, facts , etc... So that way one person has the lead! Smile
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:28 am

The best way to do this is don't read from a script, you lose the authenticity of two guys talking to each other in a casual conversation. So improvisation is the best solution, watch some of the ALMS races from the past to get some ideas, or just watch some past sporting events (they have to improvise everything since it's real time). It takes time to get used to it as well, but you do have to start from some where.

Some constructive criticism since this is also my field of study, I've noticed that during some of the replays that you had used the triggers to pause the video and rewinding to certain point in time, use the start button for pause/play actions (can still rewind and go forward while the replay is paused). Also, I've noticed that one of the replay moments didn't match up with the overall video, try and keep the video in a somewhat chronological order, This is where a RUF runs off the track at the hairpin on the first lap onto the run off area.

What are you using to encode the video with? h.264 would be the best to use in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:55 am

if you want to sound like the ALMS commentators one of you needs to constantly say the wrong car # or driver or other inaccurate factoids and the other should constantly correct him lol!
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 am

Yep im using H264, im in that field of study too but I didnt got the video/audio formation part yet, so I m doing it with guessing and trying. Lol thanks for the info, I have a codec called youtube hd specific, so... i think its good, the thing is that with 3 or 4 different lobby, its hard to put, first about , the start grid of all cars like it whoulb be the same group, and after decide when or where to put them, the chronological isnt easy for the start, but the main race is less complicated.
Back to top Go down
TyrannicCymbals

TyrannicCymbals

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:43 am

monette92 wrote:
Audacity! Of course! I didnt thougt about that!

That is what I use to record the audio. Smile

monette92 wrote:
if you chec out catalunya with commentary, there are parts that tyrannic have just no idea what to say

I try to talk about the race, the drivers, the action, and the teams as much as I can. Some points, it is a bit hard find words. The Sebring Comment was a little better I think. There was a point in Catalunya where a car went off and I "asked" for a replay a couple of times. There was no replay there. I "asked" a couple of times. I took two of those out of the track. That might be one of the long pauses that you hear.

Live Commentary would be so much easier, lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:38 pm

ya well, Im watching iracing (insidesimracing.tv) replays right now and the fact that the feature of a good replay ingame. god forza 4 replay is limited, its good but the angles are more to point on a single car and not on the actual race "traditionnal" views (probably because its more a car game than a simulation)... it doest help us that mutch.
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:27 pm

What you need is me and tyrannic! I am darrell waltrip to his Larry Mac! That would be an interesting back and forth!!!
Back to top Go down
THF dvsSublime

THF dvsSublime

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:32 pm

XMan4299 wrote:
What you need is me and tyrannic! I am darrell waltrip to his Larry Mac! That would be an interesting back and forth!!!

Ya...no
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:59 am

I have an Idea, a commentary challenge, all person who think they have what it takes to do the commentary try their own version of the commentary and send it to me (ask me and I will PM you my private email). You do the commentary on sebring and I suggest the matching of 2 people whould definetly have an advantage. the winner(decided by me and predator)(or mayby a vote...) is(are) the next official commentary guy(s) (for season or next race, I say all season 7 if the person wants to)

Read bellow for the 2 person chat technic.

Al you need is a audio recording device , audacity, a online chat program and a voice Smile most likely...
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 am

Well we already have 1 in Turannic Cymbals, we just need another.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Zed 0 Sick

Zed 0 Sick

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:21 pm

I'll give it a go
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:21 am

anybody up to try it out for real? avent got anything yet?
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:28 am

XMan4299 wrote:

I'll retire from the series the first time I hear , "boogity, boogity, boogity" in the replay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 am

I say racer x one off the most entertaining dudes in the series Idk where he gets the stuff he says
Back to top Go down
JoshdaSquash

JoshdaSquash

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 am

sniper919 wrote:
XMan4299 wrote:

I'll retire from the series the first time I hear , "boogity, boogity, boogity" in the replay.

I second that Sniper
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:39 am

ya I heard about it, WCR racer X, are you able to do the commentary? DR phib whould be your assits guys...
please PM me if your interest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 am

I'll call him now
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Double Razor needs to be the color commentator, hes pricelss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)    Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multimedia Topic (Video Suggestion)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next