Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rookie of the Season (Season 7)

Go down 
+10
Dr PiiHB
Warpig2011
S2M Coblet
OLDFenderBender
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
sniper919
Admin/PredatorUSMC
ClownNinjaUSMC
gdub369
Kamikaze1414
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks for the honorable mention Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.insomniacracing.webs.com
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Rookie of the Season UPDATE:

Due to technical glitches in our systems, driver Boosted93 RX7 was removed from our database. We have fixed the glitch and have placed his name and points back into our system manually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:51 pm

race 2 of the seaspn (race 1 for me) was an awesome experience. definitely looking forward to hockenheim, eventhough i hate it so much. hopefully i can post a reasonable finish in GTC. good luck to all the other drivers as well.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:55 pm

It was some good racing at Hockenheimring last weekend. Good job to many of our rookies. The points have been updated so that means its time for the Post Race Report.

--------------------

Rookie of the Season 7 -- Hockenheimring Post Race Report

What is there to say about Hockenheimring? This track was fast and kept the rookies on their toes the whole time, but it was also one of the trickiest tracks we have dealt with this season. Its tight hairpin turns and narrow racing surface left our rookies very little room to run, but spectacularly, most of them made it out unscathed.

Starting off with our GT class rookies, FERRARIFAITHFUL showed the field what it meant to step up their game. His qualifying effort stunned the field as he rolled off the grid in 3rd place. He did have a little trouble during the race however, letting 5 other cars pass him up before settling into an 8th place finish at the Hockenheimring. Even though his day went a little backwards, FERRARIFAITHFUL was still able to retain his lead in the GT rookie standings. Dr PiiHB, on the other hand, completed his day the other way around. His qualifying effort put him on the grid in 9th place, but fancy driving and clean racing put him just behind race winner Matthnt. "The car was fast and stable," Dr PiiHB told us in the post race interview (FULL INTERVIEW BELOW). He definitely showed us that by being able to pass so many cars in such a short amount of time. xxHENCHMAN24xx was also able to post a solid finish despite a lackluster start. He brought his Ferrari Challenge Stradale up from 20th to 13th.

Not to be outdone, the GTC rookies had a spectacular race at Hockenheimring. GLR Diablo continued in his upstart ways to finish 5th overall last Sunday. He is really giving the GTC rookies a run for their money, scoring 160 points in only two races. Up at the top of our GTC rookie leaderboard, s0ul harv3st and Wngless mkIV, have been trading the lead back and forth. With Sunday's 11th place finish, s0ul harv3st took the Rookie of the Season lead over Wngless mkIV by a narrow 7 points as the drivers head to Silverstone Circuit for the 4th race of the Forza Sports Car Series.

Despite the rookies' best efforts, accidents did plague some of our rookies. lMidnightRiderl had his day cut short after only 8 laps due to an accident with GTC rookie Chewy3939. Chewy3939 was able to continue on in his badly damaged Ford GT, but his car was not the same after that. ROSCOEpCOTRAIN also had a couple of scuffs with vV Science Vv's Jaguar just moments into the race as well. With both drivers racing hard into Sachs Kurve, ROSCOEpCOTRAIN's Ferrari 458 Italia came door to door with the Jaguar twice before both cars were able to break apart and continue. Despite the contact, ROSCOEpCOTRAIN was still able to win the Hard Charger award and finish 24th. After the race, series officials penalized ROSCOEpCOTRAIN with a 45 second penalty that will be enforced at Silverstone. We tried to catch up with ROSCOEpCOTRAIN after the race, but he declined comment on the incident.

With these drivers making it clear that they will do anything it takes to gain every position possible, we hope for just as much action at the Silverstone Circuit. This track which has been a gracious host to the Forza Sports Car Series will be the fourth test for these rookies. Despite the apparent width of the track, there are plenty of opportunities to graze a wall or turn the car over. These rookies will have to be more prepared than ever if they want to see the finish line at Silverstone.

Kamikaze1414

--------------------

All views are of the writer only. If a rookie believes that they were not included in the standings but they qualify for the title, please contact me through a private message. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Post Race Interview with Dr PiiHB.

--------------------

After Hockenheimring, we sat down with Dr PiiHB for a little chat. Still drenched in champagne, we gave him a moment in his hauler to clean up before continuing with the interview.

Kamikaze1414: "That was a very nice race out there Doc."

Dr PiiHB: "Yeah, thanks. And thank you for the opportunity to talk to you."

K: "No problem. So now that you have washed off the champagne from your stunning second place run, tell me, how was your car out there on the track?"

D: "The car was great at Hockenheimring. It felt very stable and was easy to drive. The team did a great job of getting this car together in a hurry. After last week in the Alps, the car was torn up pretty bad. We got it back together and you saw the rest. The race went well. I went in with a new game plan this week to just stay out of trouble and be patient. It paid off."

K: "What was your game plan out there on the track?"

D: My main goal for this week was to keep in clean air and just drive safe. That paid off and I am very happy with the way things ended up. It wasn't easy and it took some hard work to end up in second but that's why we are here. To compete with the best and to be the best you gotta beat the best. That's my goal.

K: "Well, based on that performance, I would say you accomplished your goal this week. Do you plan on doing anything different for Silverstone?"

D: "I am looking toward the future with Wallace Racing, not just next week at Silverstone but for the remainder of the season. I am expecting to improve even more. Not just myself, either, but my whole team. I've got one of the best teams out there right now for both the car and the drivers. I am looking for all of us to keep improving and running more consistent as time goes on. It is a tough schedule and the competition here in the FSCS doesn't make it any easier. Just keep a lookout up front for all three Budweiser Zondas in the coming weeks."

K: "Oh don't worry, after today, nobody will miss those Zondas passing through the field. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if a little more room was given to you guys after that amazing performance. Now I know you weren't satisfied with that second place finish. Do you think with a few more laps, you could have caught Matthnt for the win?"

D: "Haha. I don't know about being able to catch Matt. It looked like he had that RUF dialed in and he wasn't letting anyone get close. He ran a clean race and I honestly don't think I could have run him down. The Zonda is fast, but Matt was faster, plain and simple."

K: Well, maybe it wasn't meant to be this week. But how about next week at Silverstone or maybe a couple races down the line? Do you think you could pull off a victory this season?"

D: "Itss still a little early to be talking about a win in this series. Although I put on a good show this week, I have a long way to go in this series. Its my first season here and there are many drivers out there faster than me. I would love to grab a victory but right now my goal is to just stay clean, finish races, and learn as much as I can from the other drivers. But it would be nice to see Oddball, Roca, or myself in victory lane one of these weeks."

K: "Well, we'll make sure to be right there when you or one of your teammates picks up victory number one. Since I know you want to celebrate with the amazing crew here at Wallace Racing, I'll leave you to your fun. Thanks for the interview, Doc."

D: No, thank you for the interview Kamikaze. I also want to thank Roca and Oddball as well for running with Wallace Racing and a special thanks to Axcel for sponsoring and the chance to run this series."

With that, I left Dr PiiHB at his hauler to spend some down time with his crew and family after that great performance at Hockeheimring. Who knows, maybe he'll be lifting up a first place trophy soon enough.

Kamikaze1414
Back to top Go down
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:49 pm

great in depth interview
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm

There will be more interviews to come as well as more over the next couple of races.
Back to top Go down
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 pm

That reall brings the realism to the series
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:07 am

great interview. just want to add my congratulations for dr piihbs stunning 2nd place finish.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Rookie Insider Interview: GLR Diablo

-------------------

We caught up with GLR Diablo Saturday night as he was getting off the track at Silverstone. He was obviously tired from his hours of practice, so we kept the interview brief.

Kamikaze1414: "Hey Diablo, mind if we ask you a couple of questions before you head back to the hauler?"

GLR Diablo: "Yeah, sure. No problem."

K: "Alright, good. First off, that was a nice top 5 finish at Hockenheimring, last Sunday. Do you think you can do that here at Silverstone as well?"

GD: "My car at Hockenheim was pretty strong for what it was. The thing is, the Testarossa is a heavy car, upwards of 3000 pounds, so it's not going to accelerate like the 1M or the Exige. We did some R&D work in Faenza at the shop before we got here and we done quite a bit of engine work. I can't give out specific details but I can say I saw lots of parts being replaced and put back on to get the right combination of parts. Also this week, I will be trying a more aggressive aero set up to keep up with those BMW's on the straights. I think if I can keep relatively close on the straights, I may be in contention with the GForce squad."

K: "Those guys are pretty fast, luckily you won't have to deal with them in the Rookie of the Season hunt. Speaking of which, how do you measure up your chances to take the title, especially after two good weeks of racing?"

GD: "If I continue racing the way I am now, I think I'll be cutting it close to the top of the Rookie's Standings. Right now I'm somewhere around 50 points behind I believe and that's a lot to make up over the 9 races left. That's about 5 a race. Looking at the schedule, I feel like the races will turn into my favor. This car loves the twisty tracks like Mugello, Infineon, and Nurburgring GP. I think I will shine there. Even at Nurburgring I think this car is going to be successful. Le Mans and Road America will be a struggle but I should be able do decently. It will be close, and I guess time will tell if I will be able to put my Ferrari on top."

K: "Well, we'll look forward to you making that late season push for the lead. Good luck out there."

With that, GLR Diablo took his leave and went back to the hauler. For you rookies in the GTC class, I would watch out. GLR Diablo has a chip on his shoulder and is ready to prove that he is the best.

Kamikaze1414
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Sorry for the delay in the standings, Post Race Report, and Post Race Interview. I've had a busy week with AP testing. All three will be updated/posted shortly.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:40 pm

First of which, I want to apologize for the late posting of the standings and this Post Race Report. I've been a bit busy, but I've finally gotten around to it. Next, I want to say that was great racing out at Silverstone. Many of the rookies showed their true speed freaks and it made for a good show. Finally, let us get on with this Post Race Report before I lose my will to do this.

-------------------

Rookie of the Season 7 -- Silverstone Circuit Post Race Report

Silverstone Circuit is not one to be taken lightly. With some hard twists and turns, the rookies had to work their cars to the breaking point before being able to open wide open down the long straight coming out of Chapel corner. This made for good racing and good action for week four of the Forza Sports Car Series.

Northamptonshire was the site for this exciting action, but the GT Class rookies were missing some key players including Hockenheimring's second place finisher Dr PiiHB. With Dr PiiHB out of action for this week, FERRARIFAITHFUL put more distance between himself and the rest of the GT rookies. With a strong 6th place start, FERRARIFAITHFUL was able to keep his cool around this track and place another top 5 finish. He was able to increase his lead to 34 points over xxHENCHMAN24xx, despite his strong top 10 finish. Thrush426 also pulled out a very strong 15th place finish after starting 34th on the grid, pulling his way into 3rd overall among the rookies. With both xxHENCHMAN24xx and Thrush426 within striking distance, FERRARIFAITHFUL has to continue his strong winning ways if he hopes to keep them off of his lead.

With all the close excitement in the GT category, the GTC rookies began feeling left out it seems. So this week, the GTC drivers stepped up their A-game and showed us that just because their cars are slower, does not mean that they cannot drive just as well as the GT drivers. s0ul harv3st was able to keep his dwindling lead over the other GTC rookies with a strong 7th place finish. Even with his focus "on keeping [his] team in the running for the team championship" s0ul harv3st is still keeping an eye on his competition. Behind him in the points and in the pack was Wngless mkIV and Boosted93 RX7. Both drivers had a rough day at Silverstone placing 16th and 19th respectively. With both drivers dropping so many positions to s0ul harv3st, they lost many points and allowed his lead to increase to 16 points. This may not sound like much, but with each rookie chomping at the bit, every point matters. With these three jostling for the top spot, we may have overlooked GLR Diablo. We talked to him before Silverstone and he seemed very confident in his Ferrari. We did not know how confident until his awesome run to the front. He was able to stay up front for most of the race and take advantage of some late race action to score his first career win and be the first of our rookies to score a victory this season. Despite starting one race behind the rest of the competition, GLR Diablo has reeled in our GTC points leader to just under 32 points. This three man race just threw another driver into the action. Things are about to heat up in the GTC.

With eight races to go, we already have early action in both classes. We will be taking a nice two week break before heading out to Sonoma, California to race in the wine country at Infineon Raceway. Over this time, we hope that everyone out there, veterans and rookies alike, have a great Mother's Day. Once again, congratulations to GLR Diablo on his first win and see everyone in two weeks.

Kamikaze1414

--------------------

All views are of the writer only. If a rookie believes that they were not included in the standings but they qualify for the title, please contact me through a private message. Thanks.

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Mon May 07, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Post Race Interview with GLR Diablo

--------------------

After his amazing victory, GLR Diablo had enough time to sit down with us and talk about his race at Silverstone.

Kamikaze1414: "That was a great race Diablo. You have done what many racers would think would be the impossible. Only four races in, you have captured your first victory, despite this being your first season in the Forza Sports Car Series. How did you pick up the win and how does it feel to knock your first win out of the way?"

GLR Diablo: "First of all, thank you for having me here. As for my win, it feels great to get a win here in the Forza Sport Car Series! I did not expect to have this level of success this early on, but, it's fine by me. So many talented drivers and I won on a track where my Testarossa didn't have an advantage, so that is promising. My victory this week was based on consistency and the changes my team engineers made this past week. In the Alps, I was very inconsistent and was limping 3 seconds off the pace by the end. I even spun on the last lap and gave up 4th place. At Hockenheim, I began to realize the flaws in the current setup but drove as hard as I could anyway. In hindsight, I ran that race with too much downforce, but I was consistent so it worked out. This week at Silverstone, my Ferrari was fantastic and I could keep up at least with the lead pack, apart from GDub and Duck being quite a ways ahead. Then things fell into place for me and then I realized, I was out in the lead. From that point, I picked up the pace to bring home the victory. There is a reason why this type of racing is run. Its because anything can happen in endurance racing!"

K: "I can tell you are really excited about this first victory. Let's switch over to the points for just a second. With today's victory, you have cut the point gap between you and s0ul harv3st in half. How many more races do you think it will take before you challenge him for the GTC rookie lead?"

GD: "Well that's hard to tell right now. If we keep finishing the way we are now, I think I'll catch him in about 4-5 rounds."

K: "Well, maybe you can catch him a little sooner. Do you think that you can go back-to-back and cut his lead down even more by winning in two weeks at Infineon?"

GD: "That is a tall order for sure! I'm sure there will be some ballast added to my car via the PIRS system, but even with the car in Silverstone trim, that would be very difficult. This track demands a car that is quick to accelerate and can move through corners briskly, such as the Exige. My car isn't so fast to accelerate. Winning Infineon would be amazing since it's one of my favorite racing circuits, but quite frankly I don't see it happening."

K: "Well, maybe you will be thoroughly surprised. Like you said before, anything can happen in endurance racing. You worried about any of the rookies chasing you down or are you solely focused on s0ul harv3st?"

GD: "The only one I'm worried about is Soul Harvest. He is in the lead and he is the driver placing the best apart from me at the moment. I think he is going to have some good drives soon and make it more difficult for me to cut into his lead. I haven't had trouble with anyone on the track so far, glad I haven't made enemies!"

K: "Well, good luck with the rest of the season. Congratulations on your first win. Relish this moment until your next one. Thank you for your time and have a happy Mother's Day."

GD: "Thank you very much."

Without realizing it, his team was able to sneak up behind him and shower him with a second helping of champagne. I got out of there quickly to avoid the bubbly and let his team celebrate as a team should. He can now tick off Silverstone on his "to do list."

Kamikaze1414
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Rookie of the Season points standings have been updated. Infineon Post Race Report and Post Race Interview will be up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:22 pm

From what I hear, the racing was very good down at Infineon Raceway. It's good that the two week break is over and that we are racing again. Let's see what everyone has at Le Mans. But first, let's get the Infineon Raceway Post Race Report out of the way.

--------------------

Rookie of the Season 7 -- Infineon Raceway Post Race Report

Two week ago at Silverstone, we saw GLR Diablo through a curve ball at both his fellow rookies and the rest of the GTC field. At Infineon Raceway, the GTC rookie leader s0ul harv3st decided to keep this trend going.

Before we get on with the GTC rookies, let us touch up on the GT rookies. xxHENCHMAN24xx was the best finisher in the GT class of our rookies. He started 9th on the grid and despite some issues, still held on to a top 10 finish. The GT rookie leader, however, had a slightly different story in comparison. FERRARIFAITHFUL, who has arguably been the most consistent GT rookie this season, had a very uncharacteristic day at Infineon. Even though I could not get a comment from our GT rookie leader, it was very obvious from his 21st place finish that he was very unhappy with his car. With this poor finish and the solid top 10 from xxHENCHMAN24xx, the lead in the GT category has been cut down to merely 23 points. Things between these two drivers could heat up later on in the season. Despite these poor finishes, Oddball7000 was able to show that the rookies still had a bit of flare in the GT class. He drove his Pagani Zonda C12 from 31st to 17th place, earning himself the Hard Charger Award at Infineon.

Luckily our GTC drivers had an overall better outing at Infineon. Of all the rookies in the field, all but two of the drivers were able to move up in the field in some way. However, missing from the field Sunday was GLR Diable, the Silverstone GTC Class winner. Because of his no-show, he lost nearly all of the ground he had made up on the GTC rookie leader with his stunning victory. s0ul harv3st, our GTC rookie leader, on the other hand, seemed to have taken Silverstone as a wake up call and has stepped up his game. He took the GTC drivers by storm and became the second rookie this season and second GTC rookie in a row to win one of the prestigious Forza Sports Car Series trophies. He started on the pole and finished there battling very tightly with OldFenderBender for the race win. This victory has put a 46 point gap between him and Wngless mkIV who, despite having a solid 9th place finish, still lost ground.

As seen at Infineon, these tracks are not meant for the weak. Our rookies who had a poor showing here are going to be seeking redemption at one of the more difficult and second longest track in the Forza Sports Car Series, Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe. This 8.469 mile race track will be the site of the Forza Sports Car Series this Memorial Day weekend as our rookies will battle the long Mulsanne Straight before tightening down their straps in the sharp corners around the circuit. Let us hope that the rookies will have a better go there than in the wine valley at Infineon Raceway.

Kamikaze

--------------------

Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Infineon Raceway Post Race Interview with s0ul harv3st

--------------------

We caught up with the GTC rookie leader and Infineon Raceway's GTC Class winner s0ul harv3st.

Kamikaze: "Congratulations on your race win at Infineon, s0ul. Thank you for meeting me here tonight even though you probably still want to celebrate your victory. Tell me this, after all of your strong finishes and you finally claiming a victory here at Infineon, how does it feel to be the second rookie this season to win?"

s0ul harv3st: "Amazing. Surprising. Thankful for OldFenderBender being a straight up honorable man after witnessing a lap 50 fiasco with 2 GT racers."

K: "Yes, the race with OldFenderBender was really close, but you did manage to pull it out. Barely. What did you and your team, RR Boosted Evolution, do to prepare your car for Infineon?

sh: "I had over 100 practice laps and a couple session of track inspections with our team's veteran drivers like DesertDuck and Sniper919. They helped tremendously with proper lines and driving techniques. I might add I also go some pointers from Zed-O-Sick during the few public practice laps I took. It just shows the caliber of people we race with when non teammates assist you as a rookie to the series."

K: "Speaking of your teammates, how did you feel about their performances at Infineon?"

sh: "As a team we failed on the big day. Desert, who was faster than I, couldn't make it to the race and KickRox had a crisis unfold early in the race causing his with drawl. We should have finished all top ten but that did not happen."

K: "Well, despite this, you still picked up your first win. With this one crossed off your list, what are you putting your odds at back-to-back victories and picking up a second win next week at Le Mans?"

sh: "I doubt I can do very much at Le Mans. My only chance is to make up the time in the last 1/3rd of the track but I fear the lack of top end power in the Lotus leaves me with a too much track to make up."

K: "Well, even if you can't win at Le Mans next week, you can take solace that you are 1st on the GTC rookie leaderboard and sitting in a modest 3rd in the GTC overall standings. Do you think you can improve enough to hold both the GTC Rookie of the Season and GTC Class Champion's trophies?"

sh: "As it appears now, the Rookie award looks like a strong possibility. The Championship however is going to be a tough one. There are solid racers above and below me in the standings and keeping up with them on every track is going to be quite a feat."

K: "Real quick before I let you go, do you have anything to say to your fellow GTC rookies?"

sh: "Just one thing, there is a lot of racing left. Don't give up. See you all at Le Mans."

With that, I took my leave and we let s0ul harv3st have a well deserved rest after the great performance at Infineon.

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Updates please Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 pm

ox FASTLANE xo wrote:
Updates please Very Happy
+1
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Yeah it's about two races behind....It's funny when people commit to something and then a few races in they....Never mind. I will do what I need to do. Not worry bout the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 pm

For the record, I'm still here. I'm just trying to catch up since my family was in town last week for my graduation. This is my plan for this week to catch up. I will update the standings as of Road Atlanta (which, despite what the update title says, the points are current as of Le Mans). I will post last week's and this week's Rookie Post Race Report tonight. I will follow up with this week's Rookie Post Race Interview (since I couldn't get an interview from last week's rookie). On Saturday night, I will feature a double-feature Rookie Insider with No1 Tommy Smurf and aka ROWDY.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten. I've just been a bit busy. Now that my family is out of town, I will be able to properly update everything.

Also, what do you mean by giving a few races in? I'm still here! Though I'm glad that you guys still care to read these.

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 pm

I apologize for the wait but with family and graduation, things got a little hectic. Here are the Rookie Post Race Reports for both Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe and Road Atlanta. See you guys at Mugello Autodromo Internazionale.

--------------------

Rookie of the Season 7 -- Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe Post Race Report

The 24 Hours of Le Mans is one of the world's most grueling endurance races. Here at the FSCS, we ran closer to the 2 Hours of Le Mans, but that did not mean the competition was anything but extraordinary. The rookies came into this race a little timid, but rookies like xxHENCHMAN24xx, Thrush426, RAFT KURTMAN, and No1 Tommy Smurf showed the rest of the field that the rookies still had a bit of kick in them, even at a track like this one.

In the GT category, the top 10 rolling off the grid featured four of our amazing rookie competitors with three other rookies following close behind. During the race, xxHENCMAN24xx delivered a stellar performance, finishing only 30 seconds behind race winner THF dvsSublime. Thrush426 and RAFT KURTMAN pulled similar racing mojo out from out under their cars both finishing in the top 10. One other rookie to make note of during that race was ox FASTLANE xo who drove his Lotus Evora through the field finishing 16th despite a sub-par start at 29th. Our rookie standings have shaken up a bit as xxHENCHMAN24xx has pulled the rookie lead from FERRARIFAITHFUL after FERRARIFAITFUL having two no-shows these last two weeks. We will keep a close eye on the rookie standings in these next upcoming weeks to see how close this battle really gets.

Over on the GTC side of the fence, both s0ul harv3st, our current rookie leader, and new star No1 Tommy Smurf both had a good qualifying effort with top 10 starting spots. No1 Tommy Smurf was able to keep his weekend roll going and posted a solid 7th place finish at Le Mans on Sunday. s0ul harv3st on the other hand had some issues at Le Mans. He was just "happy to finish at all" after he created some early contact with No1 Tommy Smurf. As he calls it, the racing incident was a "rookie mistake" and was easily avoidable contact. His incident sent him down to 17th position and put a dent on his point earnings this weekend. Two other rising rookies, cukoomussel27 and Duc748s, made a good day into a great day advancing their race cars from the mid-20s off the grid to a solid top 15 finish.

So far our rookies have clawed their way up in the rankings and have faced a good bit of hard racing in this first half of the season. As we move on to Road Atlanta and the second half of the Forza Sports Car Series, these rookies will have to tighten their belts and make sure their cars are as good as they can make them. These next few weeks on our road to Nurburgring will be the toughest these guys have faced.

Kamikaze

--------------------

Rookie of the Season 7 -- Road Atlanta Rookie Post Race Report

The Forza Sports Car Series heads into Race 7 at the famed Road Atlanta facility in Braselton, Georgia. From Le Mans to Petit Le Mans, the racing does not get any easier. From earlier reports, there was quite an incident on the track involving GT rookie xxHENCMAN24xx and a couple of other drivers. We will update the report when more news does arrive.

Besides the incident that played a large role in xxHENCMAN24xx's poor Road Atlanta experience, the GT rookies had a strong day. Our new GT rookie leader, RAFT KURTMAN, was able to finish 3rd despite starting outside the top 5. With that podium finish, he takes over the GT rookie standings by a 19 points margin over last week's leader xxHENCMAN24xx. Two other rookies that came out of Road Atlanta with strong performances are teammates aka ROWDY and DasVDub88. Both rookies are looking to make better runs in the latter half of this season, as are all of our GT and GTC drivers.

Speaking of the GTC drivers, our rookies had quite a field day with this track. Out of the lot, s0ul harv3st, our current rookie leader, pulled out a 6th place finish despite his 2nd place qualifying effort. I would say that the troubles are continuing for our rookie leader, but he was still able to outshine our other rookies, at least for this week. No1 Tommy Smurf, despite this being his second race, was able to hold off rookies White79bu and Boosted93 RX7 and secure a 10th place finish. A major incident in one of the heats caused a lot of issues for our GTC rookies, which could explain the issues our rookies were having on Sunday.

Maybe this week was just not a great week for our rookies. Sadly, the racing is not going to get any easier as we travel to the Mugello Autodromo Internazionale for Race 8 of the Forza Sports Car Series. This twisty track may give some of our rookies fits as they have to navigate this 3.259 mile course. We will have to wait and see.

UPDATE: After careful deliberation, the Forza Sports Car Series officials have tacked on a 30 second penalty for dangerous driving for xxHENCMAN24xx. No other penalty was given out.

Kamikaze

--------------------

GT Standings:
1. RAFT KURTMAN -- 506 Points
2. xxHENCHMAN24xx -- 487 Points
3. Thrush426 -- 403 Points
4. ox FASTLANE xo -- 385 Points
5. ROSCOEpCOTRAIN -- 373 Points

GTC Standings:
1. s0ul harv3st -- 539 Points
2. Wngless mkIV -- 489 Points
3. Boosted93 RX7 -- 406 Points
4. Kameraboy -- 279 Points
5. GLR Diablo -- 260 Points

Full Standings Available on the Main Page
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:09 am

With no response from RAFT KURTMAN, we were not able to hold our weekly Rookie Post Race Interview. Instead we have brought you a double feature Rookie Insider Interview with aka ROWDY and No1 Tommy Smurf.

--------------------

Rookie Insider Interview with aka ROWDY and No1 Tommy Smurf

Kamikaze: "Hey guys, thanks for joining me today."

aka ROWDY: "No problem. Thanks for having us."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "Yeah, we don't mind answering a couple of questions."

K: "Well, in that case, let's get started. Since this is the first season for both of you, how does the Forza Sports Car Series compare to other types of racing that you guys have competed in?"

NTS: "It is hard to say because I have not got that much experience in competitions like FSCS, but from what I have experienced I will say it's very much more about the long run in this series. It's a series you have be extremely consistent and at times careful because of every second counts in this series towards the win. The fact that you do not know how your rivals are doing in the other heats compared to you forces you to keep on pushing like your life depends on it."

aR: "The FSCS doesn't really compare to any of the racing that I was accustomed to. I started racing competitively in NASCAR with a group of about 12 including my present day teammate DasVDub88. I would have to say that this series is the most structured and organized that I have been apart of."

K: "Well, it sounds to me like you are both liking what you are seeing. What about your goals for your rookie year? What do you want to try to accomplish in your first year of racing?"

aR: "My goals for this season have been the same since day one in the series, finish every race and be as competitive as possible. The Rookie of the Season title would be a great accomplishment and honor and I will be making a late season push toward the top of the rookie standings."

NTS: "I am more focused on what I can learn from this season, which one of those will be how to tune setup correctly. When less points are at stake, I will also try to study up on my competition to see if I can get a leg up on them. With my late start in this series, I really don't know my competition and who I'm racing with quite that well yet."

K: "Those are some good level headed goals that should push you guys but also allow you to learn. That's good. Now Tommy, I know you are not part of a race team, so I would like to ask what advantages do you see in being on a race team compared to racing as a privateer?"

NTS: "Actually, I think that ROWDY would probably be better suited for that question."

K: "All right then. ROWDY, do you think there lies an advantage in running with teammates or do you think privateers have it just as easy?"

aR: "I would say that racing in a team has a lot of advantages over racing as a privateer. My team has helped me a tremendous amount in the series. In my opinion, it helps that you have someone to talk to about what the car is doing and how the car is reacting in certain situations. I ran one race as a privateer, which was Sebring, and i placed 45th and in the following 6 races I qualified in top 20 and my worst finish was 24th at Silverstone. To my team I owe all of my success."

K: "It would seem that a team would offer better advantages then."

aR: "Provided you have the right guys to back you up."

K: "Maybe you should look into that option sometime Tommy."

NTS: "I may sometime in the future, but for now, I'll be sticking as a privateer in my Aston Martin."

K: "Speaking of the future, what do you guys plan for next season in the Forza Sports Car Series?"

NTS: "I certainly hope to be running next season. I am currently planning to stick in the GTC category, but I do not mind taking part in either category. If I stick in GTC I will run the Aston Martin V12 Vantage again. The car seems to suit my driving style since it is such a stable car to drive and is good over long periods of time. I am also a big Aston Martin fan, which pretty much makes this a match made in heaven.

If I do decide to run in GT, I would have to experiment with some cars to make up my mind about which car to run with. I would like to say that I would drive the ONE-77 but I think that is very unlikely since the car doesn't seem that competitive. Maybe a Pagani, BMW or a Gumpert would fit better for me in that case.

aR: "My plans for next season is to compete in the GT class and as far as the car I will be driving, that is up in the air. We have done a lot of testing on a lot of different cars but that is still a question that has to he answered."

K: Well, I do hope that we continue to see you guys out on the track on a week by week basis, and hopefully you both decide to stick around for Season 8. Though I guess I won't be interviewing you guys since both of you won't be rookies next season. In any case, thanks for coming by for the Rookie Insider Interview. It was nice chatting with you guys and dissecting what you guys are thinking."

NTS: "No, problem."

aR: "Thanks for taking the time to interview us."

K: "One quick thing before you guys go. Do you both plan to run at Mugello Sunday?"

NTS: "Without a doubt."

aR: "Of course. You will be seeing me and the rest of Insomniac Racing out on the track as well as our sister team, Maniac Racing, in the GTC category."

K: "Nice shameless plug by the way, ROWDY."

aR: "You know I can't help it."

K: "Well, good luck to both of you. We shall hopefully see great things from the both of you at Mugello and as the season winds down."

Just a quick look at both of these drivers, and you can tell that they race fast, hard, and clean. How else would they be able to finish so well every single week.

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 am

Upcoming this week:

Thursday (6/14): Standings Update (Complete)
Friday (6/15): Rookie Post Race Report and Rookie Post Race Interview with s0ul harv3st (Complete)
Sunday (6/17): Rookie Insider Interview with RAFT KURTMAN

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Mugello Autodromo Internazionale Rookie Post Race Recap

The stars and rookies made the hop from Braselton, Atlanta to Mugello, Italy for the second race in the second half of the Forza Sports Car Series schedule. This highly technical track put some strain on our rookie drivers, but as always, there were those who just could not be stopped.

RAFT KURTMAN showed the drivers that he was going to be an early contender within the GT class, posting a fast enough time to get him rolling off the grid in 2nd. xxHENCHMAN24xx and SVT MOTORSPORT also put in a good showing with top 15 starting spots as well. At race time, RAFT KURTMAN slowed up a bit and lost four spots, barely missing a top 5 finish at Mugello. xxHENCHMAN24xx also had his share of trouble and lost a spot to finish outside the top 10. SVT MOTORSPORT had a better outing than those two and was able to pull his car up from 14th and end with a solid 8th place finish. In the GT category, the real winner was Thrush426. His mad dash through the field pulled his McLaren from 21st to 10th. It seems that the McLaren's do have some life in them, as Thrush426 pointed out to the rest of the field.

With a large lead on the GTC rookies, s0ul harv3st kept up his winning ways. He rolled off the grid behind his teammate, DesertDuck, and put together a great run to gain his second win this season. If he keeps this up, he could potentially pull a first in Forza Sports Car Series history by being the first rookie champion. We will keep watching this in the upcoming weeks to see how this unfolds. The rest of the GTC rookies having a mild mannered day. The only other rookie to score a top 10 finish at Mugello was No1 Tommy Smurf, despite running only half of the races that our other rookies have run.

With our rookies leaving Mugello and traveling to the southern portion of the famed Nurburgring, the level of difficulty picks up again. Where Mugello was a smooth track with difficult curves, the Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit brings the challenge of difficult curves but tosses in its rough and uneven surface, just to throw a curve ball at our rookies. Will any rookie be able to come out of this track cleanly or will the uneven surface throw our rookies into the dirt? We shall see as Race 9 of the Forza Sports Car Series sponsored by Axcel Sports takes us to Germany.

Kamikaze

--------------------

GT Standings:
1. RAFT KURTMAN -- 583 Points
2. xxHENCHMAN24xx -- 559 Points
3. Thrush426 -- 478 Points
4. ox FASTLANE xo -- 452 Points
5. aka ROWDY -- 439 Points

GTC Standings
1. s0ul harv3st -- 639 Points
2. Wngless mkIV -- 557 Points
3. Boosted93 RX7 -- 406 Points
4. No1 Tommy Smurf -- 299 Points
5. Kameraboy -- 279 Points

--------------------

Rookie Post Race Interview with s0ul harv3st

Kamikaze: "Good race out there s0ul."

s0ul harv3st: "Thanks, it was a good race all right."

K: "You've been on quite a hot streak these past four weeks, scoring two wins, including your win here at Mugello. Can you keep it up through the rest of the season?"

sh: "I will be competitive, however, how the races unfold will be up to the gods."

K: "So, should I even ask about winning again next week at Nurburgring's Grand Prix Circuit?"

sh: "Like I said, you'll never know."

K: "Okay, then. Let's switch gears. You and your teammate DesertDuck have been dogging each other all year. You've traded places, passed each other back and forth, and overall had some seriously close races with your teammate. How was racing with your teammate and securing the one-two finish feel like, especially considering that you beat him across the line?"

sh: "It was a great race between us. I made a few early mistakes but was able to catch back up in the last 10 laps. Desert, who is usually a metronome, had a rough post pit stop series of laps as well as a critical mistake which let me by for the win. I didn't like passing my team mate but in retrospect the team finished one-two regardless of who was first and that is what really matters to me."

K: "That's a good teammate attitude, but we all know that you would have preferred first over second any day."

sh: "No comment."

K: "Have it your way. From what I could tell, you had an exciting day besides beating out your teammate. Something about nearly hitting a driver?"

sh: "Yeah, after pitting on my lap 27 I misjudged my speed going into Turn 1 and nearly hit Rotor but thanks to his awareness no contact was made. Besides that, Desert and I were racing close for most of the race except for a small period where the GT cars started overtaking us. He was able to build up an 1000 foot lead over me that I had to work hard to get back."

K: "But you did in the end and that's what counts. Now, I know I've asked you this before, but with this hot streak, are you sure that winning both the GTC Class Championship and the GTC Rookie of the Season title isn't out of your future?"

sh: "It's starting to look like there is a chance. With only 4 races left in the season, the only thing stopping me from capturing the Rookie of the Season title is a major catastrophe where I can not finish a race, especially if that were to occur at the season finale race at Nurburghring. The GTC Championship is still a stretch in my eyes though. 50 points is a lot to make up against such skilled drivers such as OldFender and Red Rotor. I said this before though, you never know what will happen on the track to yourself or your competitors."

K: "Thanks for your time s0ul, now go celebrate your second win of the season."

sh: "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:03 am

Hey Rookies,

This is an "on-the-road" update. I'm sorry that last week's Rookie Post Race Report, Rookie Post Race Interview, and Rookie Insider were not up. With me being on vacation, I don't foresee Nurburgring GP's reports/interviews making it up there. I will be posting the standings updates for Road America and Laguna Seca on their respective Wednesdays and I will follow up with the Rookie Post Race Report for both Road America and Laguna Seca on their respective Thursdays. The Rookie Post Race Interview and Rookie Insider will not resume until after Laguna Seca, but I will feature a double-header for both interviews. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still here and I haven't forgotten about you guys.

Also, on another note, I will be contacting previous Rookie of the Season winners for their car selections. With that, I would like to ask you rookies and previous Rookie of the Season winners a question. If there were to be a special livery that were given to you for winning the Rookie of the Season title, would you run it at Sebring or Nurburgring? If you could, comment below about what you think.

Thanks,
Kamikaze

--------------------

Schedule for the Next Few Weeks:

Rookie Standings Update from Road America - Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Rookie Post Race Report from Road America - Thursday, June 28, 2012
Rookie Standings Update from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Rookie Post Race Report from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Thursday, July 5, 2012
Rookie Post Race Interview (Double-Feature) from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Friday, July 6, 2012
Rookie Insider Interview (Double-Feature) with [Drivers To Be Determined] - Sunday, July 8, 2012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rookie of the Season (Season 7)   Rookie of the Season (Season 7) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rookie of the Season (Season 7)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next