Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello

Go down 
+19
Speed Demon 69
No1 Tommy Smurf
Matthnt
Warpig2011
BIMM3RR
TheManNowDog777
Bradsz
RR Rowdy Burns
stymer
Luongo27
Red R0tor
Basicblaq
o351
THF dvsSublime
Basticular
ClownNinjaUSMC
Raceboy77
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Admin/PredatorUSMC
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Basicblaq

Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:21 pm

I think there was some really great racing in A room...I got a little damage on lap 4 and the funny thing is we touch sides and I ended up getting front and side damage and the other racer rear damage. Turn 10 really needs to fix this... GT & GTC were able to survive this track but I don't know if we will be so lucky for next sunday.

Back to top Go down
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:57 pm

i dont think that it will be that bad, the track seems to be wider than mugello. i think we will be good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insomniacracing.webs.com
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
It breeds great racing every season. It's not an easy track to be fast on, it's technical so people don't like it. IMO.
i hate this track and thought i'd get my butt kicked, i have no idea what happened lol.

and on the note of those GTC lotuses, put me in a GTC car and we'll see if i can fix that Wink

them lotus's just keep getting faster! there is some upcoming tracks soon that i should be able to have a chance at hopefully and at then i believe it will be a struggle
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:49 am

Yep. Points. That's the same with any race series. When a tie happens in qualifying championship points determines who starts in front of who.

Pretty sure that in the ALMS whomever runs the time first gets the position.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 am

Matthnt wrote:
Yep. Points. That's the same with any race series. When a tie happens in qualifying championship points determines who starts in front of who.

You are correct Matthnt. Here is the exact rule as its written: 6.7.7 If two cars achieve the same qualifying time, the car that sets the time earliest in their qualifying session shall be gridded first.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:07 am

Matthnt wrote:

You are correct Matthnt. Here is the exact rule as its written: 6.7.7 If two cars achieve the same qualifying time, the car that sets the time earliest in their qualifying session shall be gridded first.

personally i think that would be unfair in our circumstances as we are all not in one qualifying session together and qualify at different times...

on another note is anybody going to be making videos? cus i seem to be having good racing since the videos stopped Sad
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 am

Bradsz wrote:
Matthnt wrote:

personally i think that would be unfair in our circumstances as we are all not in one qualifying session together and qualify at different times...

on another note is anybody going to be making videos? cus i seem to be having good racing since the videos stopped Sad

It would also be unfair to do it based on points. Say at the first race (Sebring) cars qualify with the same time, there are no points at this point to say who gets the position so that's the only way to keep things fair from the ALMS point of view. Poor Henchman, got robbed during the race and before it even started.
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 am

Great race for me, moved up 4 spots, seems to be a common theme for me around this track. Battled with Hired for what seemed to be the entire race, good, hard, and clean racing! Basiq sorry again for the bump, not exactly the norm for me, so I do apologize for adding insult to injury. Otherwise solid race, by the time I had made it to 3rd place Raceboy had already checked out, Hired and myself were probably running within a tenth or so of one another lap after lap so that didn't help our chances of catching up either I'm sure. Great race nonetheless. Congrats again on the win Raceboy, solid drive start to finish!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:22 am

As I generally do go by the rules of IMSA for this series but there are times where that is not possible or sensible. We do not all qualify at the same time AND times are submitted not immediately after a qual session. So, I will make this an official rule for this series. In case of a tie of qualifying the further forward position shall be given to the driver with more championship points. If it were to happen where no points are available or a tie in points then.....(gonna have to work this one out)

As for henchman...he got robbed how during the race? ( if it's an accusatory response please pm me)
Back to top Go down
BIMM3RR

BIMM3RR

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:30 am

I personally don't like that so much, if you ran it first you should get the position. As it is a rare occurrence anyways, it shouldn't be very difficult to sort out. As henchman's time yesterday had been on the board since the list was first populated, it is clear his time was ran significantly earlier than yours. Yesterday wasn't such a big deal as it was only the difference between 9th and 10 place, but had it been between 8th and 9th place there would be much more at stake. Whichever way it plays out as long as there is clarity moving towards the future there will be little to complain about.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 am

As I generally do go by the rules of IMSA for this series but there are times where that is not possible or sensible. We do not all qualify at the same time AND times are submitted not immediately after a qual session. So, I will make this an official rule for this series. In case of a tie of qualifying the further forward position shall be given to the driver with more championship points. If it were to happen where no points are available or a tie in points then.....(gonna have to work this one out)

As for henchman...he got robbed how during the race? ( if it's an accusatory response please pm me)

you can do it like formula one do with the drivers championships where they work it out by using race wins or higher finishing positions.

but I think for practicality average qualifying position of the season will be better.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:59 am

BIMM3RR wrote:
I personally don't like that so much, if you ran it first you should get the position. As it is a rare occurrence anyways, it shouldn't be very difficult to sort out. As henchman's time yesterday had been on the board since the list was first populated, it is clear his time was ran significantly earlier than yours. Yesterday wasn't such a big deal as it was only the difference between 9th and 10 place, but had it been between 8th and 9th place there would be much more at stake. Whichever way it plays out as long as there is clarity moving towards the future there will be little to complain about.

I have to agree with Bimmer on this 1...if someone qualified first then they should get the position ahead of the individual who qaulified after them. I thin this is something that going forward would only be fair since we are trying to follow ALMS rules!!
Back to top Go down
Speed Demon 69

Speed Demon 69

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello   Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Going to be missing the next race and maybe the one after that because I'm going to france this weekend to watch the le mans race and also because my xbox broke last night 3/4 of the way through the race with the 3 flashing red lights.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Bring back some pictures Speed Demon! That is on the Bucket list for sure! Get that Xbox fixed/Replaced!
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Basticular wrote:
Also I dont think I've ever had so many close calls to total catastrophe in one race before (Basic....Metal....Raceboy....)
speaking of which is there someone to send the replays to, to have the movies made?
this track was full of "whop whop whop whop whop whop whop" moments if you ask me lmao

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Unfortunately, the most DIFFICULT thing to find is someone who can make the replays for the whole season. So far Monette has put together the best production value for replays but his xbox broke and he has not been online in a month! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:24 pm

As far as qualifying with times that are tied and how we should do it.....I get times from the night before sometimes submitted the next day, or times from an hour earlier submitted in a bundle or I get them via e-mail, etc etc.. There are too many variables to go off of time in this series. This is one of those times where its not really feasible to go by IMSA/ALMS rules. We will have to go by Championship Points. Simple solution.

It's a rare occurrence anyhow so it's not one we will experience too often anyway. I think only twice in 7 seasons have we had two racers with the EXACT same qualifying time.
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:49 pm

As far as qualifying with times that are tied and how we should do it.....I get times from the night before sometimes submitted the next day, or times from an hour earlier submitted in a bundle or I get them via e-mail, etc etc.. There are too many variables to go off of time in this series. This is one of those times where its not really feasible to go by IMSA/ALMS rules. We will have to go by Championship Points. Simple solution.

It's a rare occurrence anyhow so it's not one we will experience too often anyway. I think only twice in 7 seasons have we had two racers with the EXACT same qualifying time.

i think going with the points is a good idea,but there are rare occasions where it probably might not suffice

sebring for example - everyone is tied for points
- only real thing i would advise here is to go with the previous season finishing results
- if both drivers are new to the series, then this rule can't fix it.

any other track - tied qual times - go with points - tied in points ( just for example ) go with finishing order of the last race.

its just with all the rare cases where extra rules would need be applied, i think that each qualification would be better of having a time stamp and what not, for those in the same room justified by whoever did it first, its just a little bit extra that the race officials would have to do but ultimately, any scenario falls under the rules without having Special cases, however rare they are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
ClownNinjaUSMC

ClownNinjaUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Unfortunately, the most DIFFICULT thing to find is someone who can make the replays for the whole season. So far Monette has put together the best production value for replays but his xbox broke and he has not been online in a month! Crying or Very sad

We should take up a collection to help him get a new Xbox....just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Race Room Recap and Incident Report

A Room -

The start of the race was clean. I saw no incidents. There was a very close call at the end of the front straight on the start of the race but no contact was made. There was contact between racers but it was race contact and nothing worthy of mention nor penalty. Good close racing in GT and GTC.

B Room -

Good start to the race. One racer drifted out of single file momentarily but was in proper position when the race started. There was a slight bumper to bumper contact about lap 7 but it was nothing more than a race incident. It caused slight Forza damage but had the cars been real it may not have left any damage so there is no action taken. The racing was clean in GT and GTC. I did see a lil bump and go but it was a racing move that caused no damage on one car and 5% on the other car. Not an avoidable contact incident. A race incident. Clean racing.

C Room -

Clean start in GT and GTC. There were lots of close calls...VERY close calls. There were a couple of cars that banged doors in a few corners but nothing major. There was a racer who made a near blocking type move to avoid a pass attempt, however it was only one move into the corner. I saw some risky moves and some mistakes made but nothing worthy of corrective action.

I must commend the racers of The Forza Sports Car Series for a great week of clean racing after the last couple weeks of pretty incident heavy racing. I heard of an incident or two after the replay ended and I am talking to those individuals involved.

THE FINAL RESULTS ARE POSTED.

ALL REPLAYS ARE ON PREDATORUSMC STOREFRONT

Congratulations to Raceboy77 in his #77 Devon GTX for an excellent race and taking home the win in GT!
Congratulations to s0ul harv3st in his #44 Lotus Exige Cup for a battle to take the lead and win in GTC!

The GT Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is given to Thrush426 in his #61 McLaren MP4-12C for Charging through the field from 21st to finish 10th on the grid gaining 11 positions.

The GTC Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is given to iTsz BrAdSz in his #27 BMW 1 Series M Coupe for Charging from 7th in the field to finish 3rd gaining 4 positions.

THE DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS ARE UPDATED AS ARE THE PIRS.
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 pm

another podium finish! cheers
no sign of gold yet though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Warpig2011

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

i should have got the hard charger award i covered the same amount of spots as brads and i am lower in points i need everything i can get
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Warpig2011 wrote:
i should have got the hard charger award i covered the same amount of spots as brads and i am lower in points i need everything i can get

i think it's been covered that the higher finisher if it's a tie gets it.
Back to top Go down
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
Warpig2011 wrote:

i think it's been covered that the higher finisher if it's a tie gets it.

same situation at road atlanta in the GT class where 3 drivers gained the same amount of positions when the highest finisher got the hard charger award.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insomniacracing.webs.com
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Warpig2011 wrote:

The better Driver and the 1 that shows up to more races get it LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello    Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Race 8 40 Laps of Mugello
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next