Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pre-Race Road America

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
s0ul harv3st

Pre-Race Road America  Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:41 am

I need one of the series officials to set me up for tonight @ 10-10:30pm EST tonight. I tried to get it done last night but got no responses from the officials that were online.

I can set it up and race my self but the rules say an official needs to attend the race.

I also need to know what I need as proof for the race to count (ie. replays, photo of the finish time, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:00 am

An official does not need to be there and never has been. Pred has even confirmed this on the forums. I was about to say why does everyone keep thinking they do, but I just triple checked the rules and it states

Quote :
4.5A - If a driver expects to miss a race weekend they may pre-race before the race with a Race Official to record the time.

I think that it is just badly worded. I believe that Pred's intention is it to say " If a driver expects to miss a race weekend they may pre-race before the race and submit the results with a Race Official to record the time."

As for your second question, a replay is required but a picture of the results screen is recommended.
Back to top Go down
s0ul harv3st

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 am

Basticular wrote:
An official does not need to be there and never has been. Pred has even confirmed this on the forums. I was about to say why does everyone keep thinking they do, but I just triple checked the rules and it states

Quote :
4.5A - If a driver expects to miss a race weekend they may pre-race before the race with a Race Official to record the time.

I think that it is just badly worded. I believe that Pred's intention is it to say " If a driver expects to miss a race weekend they may pre-race before the race and submit the results with a Race Official to record the time."

As for your second question, a replay is required but a picture of the results screen is recommended.

Thanks for clarifying.
Back to top Go down
White79bu

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 am

What kind of times are the lotus running? Hoping I'm not two seconds off the pace this week. My gt500 is running 17 flat but i think i can get into the 16's.
Back to top Go down
s0ul harv3st

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

White79bu wrote:
What kind of times are the lotus running? Hoping I'm not two seconds off the pace this week. My gt500 is running 17 flat but i think i can get into the 16's.

That's Classified.
Sorry, but after all the hoopla regarding the Lotus on the forums I will be hiding my times like everyone else does from now on.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 am

White79bu wrote:

we're really not supposed to share times on the forum anyway, it makes people deter from racing in this series.

If you really want to know times, just look at the leaderboards in the game
Back to top Go down
White79bu

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 am

My bad. Not trying to start anything. Just curious if i was in the ball park since yoy guys seem to be setting the pace.
Back to top Go down
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:07 pm

OLDFenderBender wrote:
White79bu wrote:

we're really not supposed to share times on the forum anyway, it makes people deter from racing in this series.

League board in the game really is not something I go by cause they could run a clean low time and a lot faster dirt time.

Just curious why you guys think displaying times would deter them from racing in the series? it personally pushes me to work harder in getting my time down.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Basicblaq wrote:
OLDFenderBender wrote:
White79bu wrote:

League board in the game really is not something I go by cause they could run a clean low time and a lot faster dirt time.

Just curious why you guys think displaying times would deter them from racing in the series? it personally pushes me to work harder in getting my time down.
There are two types of people: People like you & I who drive themselves to match that time or beat it, and the other half are the people who see that and go 'bloody hell I can't do that even if I tried' then proceed to give up.

even that accusation won't be truly accurate though

White79bu wrote:
My bad. Not trying to start anything. Just curious if i was in the ball park since yoy guys seem to be setting the pace.
Don't worry about it, your doing just fine Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Race Road America    Pre-Race Road America  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Race Road America
Page 1 of 1