Forza Sports Car Series Forums
 
HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Classic GTC league

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Classic GTC league   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Since no cars beyond '95 are allowed why not have a small spin-off series of a few races (shorter) in classic cars. There could be two divisions based on year of car. Maybe 60-79 and 80-94. Or perhaps separate the classics by car type, Muscle & Tuner and then Exotic & Super car. Its just an idea since there are so few classic leagues. Any thoughts guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BMEAZY II

avatar

Posts : 48
Points : 2086
Join date : 2012-05-01
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:10 am

i would be down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warpig2011



Posts : 129
Points : 2375
Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 am

sounds good sainted can count me in to help you set it up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr PiiHB

avatar

Posts : 1042
Points : 3209
Join date : 2012-02-14
Location : Concord, NC

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 pm

I like the muscle and tuner idea. Almost like a tuner vs muscle. That could be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:31 pm

I have already started making a list of cars checking PI's to see if they meet requirements, if they require engine swaps to make it and i have found it may come down to weight classes. Over X weight to Under X weight. But i still need to test more cars. However the Horsepower difference is ridiculous most the time. But for now lets say Tuners versus Muscle? That would Eliminate classic Ferraris and Lambos and old Jags. It would make it much faster to get set up since that had its own division.
An example to teh weight class would be that a Trueno can get down below like 1700? and it will have around 350+ hp to make PI (if it can make pi with its original motor) while a Charger is 3000+ish and can have i would expect 500-600+ horsepower. (there are so far some gems that are a combination of both)

Edit: GTC Pi wont work the cars are all close to maxed out and 95% are just not really fit to drive at GTC PI so im thinking somewhere around 550PI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:58 am

*cough... cough* Bump?? Is anyone interested besides the three people who commented? No love for classics i see Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PSEUDO 45

avatar

Posts : 87
Points : 2406
Join date : 2011-07-10
Location : Gig Harbor, WA

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:28 pm

I would think about it if I could drive the Aston Vantage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:42 pm

That older one with the mustangish front end and the really small taillights? Thats on the list as a EuroImport. I decided to split it three ways since Euro cars just arent tuners and they arent muscle. they are almost a mix breed.its anything 60 and up (almost anything) until 94 (mostly because of the 90's tuner cars)

Edit-- However that is very muscle-y so im still split on it. i guess i need a guideline for determining muscle and then go by that to sort out euro cars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red R0tor

avatar

Posts : 262
Points : 3087
Join date : 2010-01-23
Location : New Orleans, LA

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:30 pm

I'd be down...I'm tired of race cars...I love street cars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Great, spread the word about it then see if some other people on the forum want to go with it too. Its a nice change of pace. But any suggestions for how i deal with eurocars? (old BMWs, Porsches, stuff like that)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JumpInTheFire88



Posts : 105
Points : 2044
Join date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:31 am

You could also do to classes based on engine size. One class for under 3.0 liters. That could be for the jap and euro cars. And a class for over 3.0 liters for the big muscle cars. Just a thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 pm

JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
You could also do to classes based on engine size. One class for under 3.0 liters. That could be for the jap and euro cars. And a class for over 3.0 liters for the big muscle cars. Just a thought

I had thought about that when i was looking through the cars, but wouldnt it be fun to see a charger and a Trueno going at it? At A550 they felt street'y' enough. If i say 550 w/ Slicks and roll cage, it feels really god for these street cars. As for the separation maybe ill use a point system? that way if things *do* turn out uneven it wouldnt matter too much? But my goal is to get them leveled out so that Muscle and Tuner can duke it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheManNowDog777



Posts : 71
Points : 2487
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:24 pm

I'd be in for some classic GTC Racing. It just depends on what days we're doing it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JumpInTheFire88



Posts : 105
Points : 2044
Join date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:01 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
You could also do to classes based on engine size. One class for under 3.0 liters. That could be for the jap and euro cars. And a class for over 3.0 liters for the big muscle cars. Just a thought

I had thought about that when i was looking through the cars, but wouldnt it be fun to see a charger and a Trueno going at it? At A550 they felt street'y' enough. If i say 550 w/ Slicks and roll cage, it feels really god for these street cars. As for the separation maybe ill use a point system? that way if things *do* turn out uneven it wouldnt matter too much? But my goal is to get them leveled out so that Muscle and Tuner can duke it out.

I had made a trans am series that had strict rules to make them close to stock. All cars had to use a sport tranny with a set final drive gear ratio, race tires with the rear tires being no wider the 275mm and front tires no wider then 255mm. They had to use race suspension, breaks, sway bars and roll cage. There was whole laundry list of other restrictions but after all the cars were built their PI's were only 9 points apart between 5 cars. I have the full rules page typed up and saved, I can send it to you if you like to maybe get some ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

avatar

Posts : 2472
Points : 4530
Join date : 2012-07-05
Location : North East U.S

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 am

JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
You could also do to classes based on engine size. One class for under 3.0 liters. That could be for the jap and euro cars. And a class for over 3.0 liters for the big muscle cars. Just a thought

I had thought about that when i was looking through the cars, but wouldnt it be fun to see a charger and a Trueno going at it? At A550 they felt street'y' enough. If i say 550 w/ Slicks and roll cage, it feels really god for these street cars. As for the separation maybe ill use a point system? that way if things *do* turn out uneven it wouldnt matter too much? But my goal is to get them leveled out so that Muscle and Tuner can duke it out.

I had made a trans am series that had strict rules to make them close to stock. All cars had to use a sport tranny with a set final drive gear ratio, race tires with the rear tires being no wider the 275mm and front tires no wider then 255mm. They had to use race suspension, breaks, sway bars and roll cage. There was whole laundry list of other restrictions but after all the cars were built their PI's were only 9 points apart between 5 cars. I have the full rules page typed up and saved, I can send it to you if you like to maybe get some ideas.

This is a really late reply bc i always thought the topic died. I decided I want to drop the Tuners, and have a TA series. I would appreciate any help. Update soon since the season is over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CThompson17

avatar

Posts : 80
Points : 2464
Join date : 2011-05-23
Location : South Shore, Kentucky, USA

PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:47 pm

I only have one word to say: Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Classic GTC league   

Back to top Go down
 
Classic GTC league
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Acme 40k Escalation League (Begins January 11th)
» Eastside Games and Cards Slow Grow League
» League: Blighted Shadow Storyline
» Jaguar Classic
» St. Joseph Jaguar Classic Pools and Draw set

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forza Sports Car Series Forums :: Spinoff Events / External Events-
Jump to: