Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack

Go down 
+10
JumpInTheFire88
fattymicpatty
OLDFenderBender
Rokker7
Admin/PredatorUSMC
SaintedPlacebo4
PSEUDO 45
Bradsz
nine3cobra
No1 Tommy Smurf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 pm

JumpInTheFire88 wrote:
fattymicpatty wrote:
Before I say anything this is totally just opinion so you may not agree. The boss just seems like a straight up track car. The ZL1 is a jack of all trades. Yet does ALL of them, exceptionally well. Regardless both are incredible american machines, but the ZL1 is more sophisticated, and refined. A very slight step away from being a genuine american masterpiece.  Now that being said, I've been constantly running better laptimes with the zl1 and I've found the zl1 much easier to control. Also, with the right tune and right driver both of these cars can become top contenders in the gtc class.

the mustang might be american, but the camaro's suspension was developed by australian's (Holden)and the car is assembled in canada.

Doesnt Holden have a rivalry with the V8 Touring cars down there? Ford Falcon VS Holden Commodore? Funny they would help design the suspension on the Mustang's largest Rival in america Wink
Back to top Go down
nine3cobra

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
All mustangs still have live rear axles. The mustang can run one hot lap that is slightly faster than the ZL1 before it becomes heat soaked as the GT500 isn't track ready like the Zl1 is. The ZL1, which is both heavier and way down on hp) runs better times after lap 2 and the Magnetic Ride is much more liveable on the streets. This is why it has been chosen over the GT500 in every comparison made.

ZL1 is down on hp and heavier running away from a car after lap 2? lol!

The laguna seca is in competition with the new 1LE. (with early testing at VIR the 1LE ran a time 4 seconds faster than the Laguna Seca) Still waiting for an actual comparison between the two.

but does the ZL1 do 200mph?
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:25 pm

nine3cobra wrote:
SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
All mustangs still have live rear axles. The mustang can run one hot lap that is slightly faster than the ZL1 before it becomes heat soaked as the GT500 isn't track ready like the Zl1 is. The ZL1, which is both heavier and way down on hp) runs better times after lap 2 and the Magnetic Ride is much more liveable on the streets. This is why it has been chosen over the GT500 in every comparison made.

ZL1 is down on hp and heavier running away from a car after lap 2? lol!

The laguna seca is in competition with the new 1LE. (with early testing at VIR the 1LE ran a time 4 seconds faster than the Laguna Seca) Still waiting for an actual comparison between the two.

but does the ZL1 do 200mph?

A car with 662 horsepower goes faster than a car with 580? No way!!!
Back to top Go down
nine3cobra

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 pm

in the end its still faster and even though they cooked the brakes in one lap it was set a faster time there too Razz besides its the most powerful mass produced v8 in the world.
Back to top Go down
JumpInTheFire88

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 pm

ok how about a different topic, this is called the Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack after all not mustang vs. camaro. lol. Whats everyone's thought on the scion FR-S? Personally, I would take it over the boss or the zl1. I WANT ONE OF THOSE THINGS, AND NOT JUST IN THE GAME!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:56 pm

I think I could like the Toyobaru more if they had given it a decent interior. The interior doesn't match the price one pays for that vehicle.
Back to top Go down
sniper919

sniper919

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:02 am

The FR-S will be in my consideration if I were to jump to GTC. Not a mustang/ford guy but the boss looks and sounds great(its cool that you can change the stripe color). The Camaro is an animal with some tunning it could be a great GTC car. Im suprised nobody has mentioned the C9 Merc/Sauber. Have any of you driven that yet, its the best car in the pack hands down. Also like the Triumph mainly because I like vintage stuff. Not crazy about the lexus, kind boring. The continental is sweet, not much use besides some cruises. I haven't driven the Peugeot yet but it looks fun. Overall a good diverse car pack.

Hopefully the american muscle and FR-S make it to GTC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realsiticracing.net
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 am

that sauber is insane
Back to top Go down
BMEAZY II

BMEAZY II

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:08 pm

That camaro is really nice car... the grip surprised me
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:05 pm

The new cars will be added this evening. (my time)
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I tested all cars that are now available to use in this series... Here are my brief assessments of the cars after my short test, tune and drive of each one: Remember I put the required parts of the series first. Then build it to base PI. Drive 2 laps then tune it based on the characteristics I felt while driving it. Then do 5 laps to get a time. Done

2013 Scion FR-S - This car was actually pretty good. It had decent grip at low speed and held pretty well on high speed corners. It was pretty easy to steer with the throttle but when it got loose it was a bit snappy. It had good turn in and stable under braking into corners. I am not a Scion fan per-se but this car was nice. This is a pretty good car. Worthy of a shot at the title.

2013 Lexus GS 350 F Sport - This is a pretty big car. The first two laps with stock tune it was boo boo. But after I tightened it up and got a better balance after the tune it became a pleasant car to drive. It still felt big in the tighter corners and in the highs speed corners I could feel the weight and size of the car. But for a big car it was fairly balanced. At the limit though it did all the bad things like underster, oversteer, slide sideways, move about in fast corners. Can this car be fast..yes. is it nimble? Not really. Can it compete? It could if a racer gave it plenty of TLC (Tune, Laps Care)

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track - First thing I noticed was it sounded pretty good. The first couple of laps it was an understeering nose diving track hating track car. But with a tune it got much better. This was kinda hard to explain. It felt good in the corners and had good acceleration but the car did not inspire confidence. I just felt like I had to really be extra careful on the limit. I couldn't just throw it in the corners with abandon..I had to be more timid to get the car to turn a good lap. Which it did. It was one of the quicker cars I tested. I think this car would require a racer who can tune and is a smoother driver. The driver who wants to smash the gas, hit the brakes, slam into corners is not going to be happy with this car.

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - Ummm HP beast! The basic build puts this car just barely under the horsepower limit. So be aware that there is not much room for PIRS adjustment with this car. As far as the drive...hmmm I would say out of the box it actually felt pretty good even with the stock tune which surprised me. I thought the car would be a handful to drive at first. So after I put a tune on it and hit the track again I was like whoa! The car skedaddles down the straights no problem there. HP has its advantages. But usually HP means heavy, which this car is but it was very light on its feet. It handled really well on all the corners fast and slow. The brakes were very good and the turn in under brakes was better than all but one car I tested. This is a better than average GTC car (I even tried to make it a GT car due to the HP but that didn't work out) that would suit a driver who comes in here a better than average driver because there simply is not much room to improve this car that doesn't take it out of spec. Beware of how good it is and how bad it could be for you!

2003 Aston Martin Zagato - I like Aston Martins they are big cars that drive like light super cars. The Zagato was great out of the box. No tune it was balanced with good grip. With a tune this car was by FAR and away the best handling car of all of them. It gripped like it had velcro on the tires. It was just a smooth and super balanced car in the corners. Loved it. It did lack speed...or was it acceleration? I don't remember I was having such a good time in the corners I forgot that it lacked speed. Was it underpowered? I don't remember I did say it handled real good right? For a 9 year old car this car could turn a driver into a contender easily if they can manage the momentum of the car. It enters the corners like runner leaning in to the turn to gain more speed, it comes out of the corners like a sprinter from the blocks. The balance is like a gymnast on a balance bar just uncanny. This car was probably my favorite in the bunch..Not the fastest in the bunch...that title went to the Camaro but it was definitely the all around best I felt. (been watching too much Olympics lol)

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - Yep I left this one for last. Being a pretty huge Mustang head back in the day, (Still am pretty much) I wanted to drive this one last. I like the look of the stang it looks aggressive. I think the Camaro looks more aggressive though. But the Mustang held it's own in the looks department. On the track it was pretty ok at base level tune. Lotta lotta less HP than the HP monster Camaro. With that said I figured it would have to drive better because it was the lighter car than that of its rival Chevy. But ummmm not really. It had less grip somehow. (scratching my head) It felt good don't get me wrong it just didn't handle nearly as well as the Aston and not quite as good as the Camaro. BUT, it was an easy car to drive. It didn't do anything better than any car but it did all things pretty good. So in that respect it was a good car. It had good brakes to dive in there to get a late braking pass done, it had pretty good corner entry (if you didn't overcook it), good mid corner grip but don't give it too much gas on corner exit or somehow you find yourself at an angle that is not the same direction as the track is going and that is not good. It was the 3rd fastest down the straight and probably about that same 3rd in braking. I don't know tied for third, battling for second of all the current cars tested. meh, The stang is a capable car that can win races if it given that same TLC but would get there quicker.

Well there you go. What are your feelings on these cars as compared to my test results and feelings?
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Lmfao "it was booboo"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack   Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza 4 August Playseat Car Pack
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2