Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FSCS Weekly Interviews

Go down 
+7
Admin/PredatorUSMC
SaintedPlacebo4
No1 Tommy Smurf
Dr PiiHB
EZT Sabre
Bradsz
Kamikaze1414
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamikaze1414

FSCS Weekly Interviews Empty
PostSubject: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey everyone,

Due to some requests and a little interest from some of the racers. I will be posting weekly interviews after each race. I will try to select the top three drivers from each class as well as a weekly "spotlight" interview to highlight some of our more interesting characters each week.

Check your PMs to see if I've got some questions for you. If this works out. This will become a regular thing.

Thanks,
Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Interview Schedule (for the Next Two Weeks):

Wednesday (9/19): Post Race Conference from Road Atlanta (Delayed Until Thursday (9/20))
Friday (9/21): GT Driver Spotlight
Wednesday (9/26): Post Race Conference from Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
Friday (9/28): GTC Driver Spotlight

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bradsz

Bradsz

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Love this idea, I better race up to the top to get in there Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Bradsz wrote:
Love this idea, I better race up to the top to get in there Laughing

ditto, really great idea Smile hoping it works out
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 am

So since you're doing these interviews, will you still be doing the rookie of the season thing you did last season. There were some very good interviews in there also.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 am

Yes, this is in addition to Rookie of the Season.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:06 pm

looking forward to this i loved this in rookie of the season reviews and post race analysis you do as well (I know its just interviews but still looking forward to it)

Last edited by No1 Tommy Smurf on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 pm

^Agreed. I look forward to this every week hoping I stand out enough to get an interview. This adds so much to the series. It make me race harder and I'm sure others do the same. Can't wait for this to get going.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:38 am

Post-Race Conference (Sebring International Raceway)

Moderator: "Thank you drivers for taking the time to answer some of the media's questions. To the reporters out there, the drivers will have time to answer questions for half an hour. Once time has been called, one last question will be allowed and then we will ask you to leave. From left to right, we have aka ROWDY, RAFT No Brakes, Raceboy77, and F4H Diablo. xxHENCHMAN24xx and EZT Gambit, who were both scheduled to make an appearance tonight, will not be able to join us. For our reporters and journalists, please keep your questions brief and attempt not to repeat any previously asked questions. Your thirty minutes start now."

Reporter 1: "This question is for the GT drivers. How did you and your cars feel on the track at Sebring?"

aka ROWDY: "I guess I can start. I felt good to get back on the track. After a long break between seasons it really felt good to back. As far as the car, it was near perfect. We came into this venue with high expectations to get the season started off on the right foot and we did just that."

RAFT No Brakes: "I felt pretty good out there on the track. It's one of my favorite so it's a nice season opener even if it is a long race. My car was really fast and consistant so no problems there. Is there anything I wish I could change? Yea, I wish I got around ROWDY for the win!"

Reporter 2: "For aka ROWDY. After a whole season of mid-pack finishes in your rookie season, you come out in the first race of Season 8 and score your first career victory. How does that feel?"

aka ROWDY: "It feels awesome! I knew we had a great car coming into Sebring but when I qualified on the pole, it really sank in that I had a shot at winning this event. This being my first career win in the FSCS means a lot, starting off with a win only sets the bar that much higher."

Reporter 2: "How about you RAFT No Brakes? Do you think you could have kept aka ROWDY from claiming his first victory with a few more laps?"

RAFT No Brakes: "Yes. With a few more laps I'm almost positive I could of gotten around him. I pulled seven seconds on him to get to his rear bumper in the last ten laps, so I had the better car. The problem is that Ascari is fast on the straights so he would pull on the backstraight enough that I couldn't beat him to the line."

Reporter 3: "I'll switch focus to the GTC driver, F4H Diablo. With the penalty that was handed out to EZT Gambit, you were given the race victory at Sebring. Now winning isn't unfamiliar to you as last season you pulled out a win at Silverstone and again this season here. What do you attribute to your success?"

Moderator: "Please excuse me. F4H Diablo, you may answer the question, but in the future, reporters, please keep the questions brief to allow more questions to be answered. Thank you."

F4H Diablo: "The success I've had so far in FSCS can be attributed to car and track combinations, and a bit of luck. Last season at Silverstone, my Ferrari was very quick through the esses, and I took advantage of other drivers misfortunes. At Sebring, my BMW was running great, and the penalty placed me in first. I don't really consider it a "victory". On paper, yes, it's a win, but in my eyes, it's really not. I was second best at Sebring."

Reporter 4: "To Raceboy77. You finished twelve seconds behind F4H Diablo. Do you think you could have caught him with more time?"

Raceboy77: "No, they were too far ahead. I had a bit of damage from a bump from behind near the start of the race and that plagued me just enough to keep me away from the top two. Once I pit early (same time as Diablo) and he got out 2000 ft ahead, I knew I was in a race for 3rd."

Reporter 5: "To you again Raceboy77. Some racers predicted that you would be hard to top in GTC, yet these two drivers did that this week at Sebring. Where are you looking to improve to make sure that doesn't happen again?"

Raceboy77: "I'm not surprised. Those two were very fast coming in and I was expecting them to finish top five. All I can do is race and hope for a clean and fast race."

Reporter 6: "For all the drivers here. What changes will you be making to modify your cars to deal with the high altitude and cold temperatures that we will see at Bernese Alps?"

aka ROWDY: "We are going to run many tests on this track to see in which areas we need to improve to get the best combination for the car. As for the actual changes, I will keep that under wraps for now."

F4H Diablo: "The only changes that will be made to my car for the Alps is general tuning differences, mostly just aero, suspension, and the gears. Apart from that, I don't foresee any drastic changes. Pre-season testing reveals this car is faster than my Ferrari was last season, and I was top 5 in that."

Raceboy77: "Depends on if my PI changes. If it doesn't, none. If it does, probably put a bit more power into the car."

RAFT No Brakes: "Changes for Alps are going include a massive bomb. I will blow it up on lap ten so it will levels the whole moutain. Nobody will finish."

Reporter 6: "Wait, what?"

RAFT No Brakes: "I'm just kidding. I just dislike the Alps."

Reporter 6: "I see..."

Reporter 7: "RAFT No Brakes, I'll continue with you since you don't seem to want to give us any clues as to your changes. Instead, what was the reason behind not sticking with Season 7's Aventador and switching back to your current car, the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera?"

RAFT No Brakes: "That Aventador is a great car. It looks, sounds, and drives great. I probably wouldn't have switched out but when I saw race officials adding a handling handicap as well as the horsepower reduction, I said screw it. I never even tested the car with it on to see if it was any good. I was ninety percent sure I was running the Zonda this season but with a good bit of speed tracks this season i felt the Gallardo was a better choice. Plus, with a ton of great tunes from two seasons ago I dont have to re-tune!"

Reporter 8: "To F4H Diablo. Despite competing in multiple races and wining last year at Silverstone, you are still officially a rookie in Season 8. Do you still feel like a rookie?"

F4H Diablo: "I guess yes and no. Yes, I've raced in many other organizations before FSCS, but I haven't raced in endurance racing until now. Learning each track without any assists is new for me, so in that respect, I'm a rookie alright."

Reporter 8: "Continuing to Raceboy77, do you have any words of advice / warning toward the only rookie in the room with us, F4H Diablo?"

Raceboy77: "I just want to tell you how much of an awesome job you have been doing. Keep it up and stay consistent and you'll find yourself in the chase for a championship."

Moderator: "The thirty minute question and answer session is over. We can field one last question."

Reporter 9: "With this being the last question, I will ask this to all of the drivers and make it a broad one. Do you guys have anything you would like to say, either to your team, your fans, the series, or other racers?"

Raceboy77: "I just want to thank the media for their hard work to put this together. Also, good luck to everyone this season!"

RAFT No Brakes: "Just want to say congrats for a great few final laps and the win to aka ROWDY! And I hope to be competing with you and everyone else in GT for the win again after the Alps."

aka ROWDY: "I would like to thank my team for all the hard work they put into the car during the off season. Countless hours tuning to get the right setup under the car in preparation for Season 8. This will not be the press conference you do with a member of Insomniac Racing."

F4H Diablo: "Me? I'm just looking forward to the Alps."

Moderator: "Thank you drivers for your time. You are free to do as you please. Thank you for coming to the Forza Sports Car Series race at Sebring International Raceway. We will be at Bernese Alps next week for the second race in Season 8. Thank you for your questions and time. Have a good night."

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:16 am

Great job.
Was the penalty given to Sabre or Gambit...?
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:58 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Great job.
Was the penalty given to Sabre or Gambit...?

He got my name confused with Gambit; I wasn't as quick or consistent as Gambit around here. I hope that is something I improve on around the Alps.

I enjoyed the read Smile great job
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 am

Great first round of interviews. I like the open floor style this season like a true post race interview. Great stuff Kamikaze. I guess we'll see how lap ten plays out....
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:51 am

Realized the confusion. I'm changing the name now. Sorry about that. Glad you guys enjoyed it though.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

Yeah, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Great first round of interviews. I like the open floor style this season like a true post race interview. Great stuff Kamikaze. I guess we'll see how lap ten plays out....
good stuff good stuff
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:59 am

Sorry for the long delay everyone. I've been a bit busy this weekend and did not have time to finish up the GT Driver Spotlight. I will have that posted Monday and will get back on schedule with the rest of the interviews and press conferences.

Once again, sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:59 pm

GT Driver Spotlight -- RAFT Zed 0 Sick

FSCS Weekly Interviews Zed_0_10
Forza Sports Car Series Photos/RAFT Zed 0 Sick

Car: #2 Ferrari F50
Team: Privateer

Forza Sports Car Series History:
Official Rookie Season - Season 4

Season 3 - 4 Races (1 Win at Circuit de Catalunya)
Season 4 - 11 Races (1 Win at Road America)
Season 5 - 16 Races (1 Win at Iberian International Circuit)
Season 6 - 5 Races
Season 7 - 5 Races
Season 8 - 2 Races (At the Time of Profile)

Polls: 2
Wins: 3
Top 5s: 15
Top 10s: 29
Hard Chargers: 5 (S3: Circuit de Catalunya, S4: Maple Valley Raceway, S4: Sedona Raceway Park, S4: Circuit de Catalunya, S5: Sebring International Raceway)
DNFs: 8

RAFT Zed 0 Sick has a very storied career in the Forza Sports Car Series, but that's not how he got his start in racing. Hailing from Circleville, Ohio, a small town south of Columbus, RAFT Zed 0 Sick started his career racing in a Grand-Am series on Wednesday. Starting there, he honed his racing skills and showed the other competitors his meant business. He managed to score seven race victories and a championship title in the Wednesday night Grand-Am series before taking his talents over to the Forza Sports Car Series.

Zed 0 Sick (as he was known as back before his affiliation with RAFT) came to the Forza Sports Car Series toward the end of Season 3. His entry was not a quiet one, however. Continuing off his success in the Grand-Am series, he took top fives in three out of his four races with one of those at Circuit de Catalunya being a win. He decided to opt out of the season finale race at Nurburgring but the damage had been done. All of the racers knew that he was a serious contender.

Season 4 was Zed 0 Sick's first true season, which also meant that it was his official rookie season. This season was uncharacteristic for him as he started off slow with a DNF at Sebring despite taking the poll position. The next couple of races, Zed 0 Sick picked up some momentum, gaining a Hard Charger Award at Maple Valley Raceway and placing top ten after top ten on his way to picking up his second career victory at Road America. As with the previous season, he passed on attempting the race at Nurburgring and settled for a ninth place finish in that season.

Zed 0 Sick came into Season 5 with a burst of energy. The only problem is that burst just did not last long at all. He found himself on the outside of the top ten after the first three races at Sebring, Mugello Circuit, and New York's street circuit. This prompted him to take a two week hiatus to collect his thoughts and get his racing back together. That little break seemed to have helped since he took back his spot in the top ten including a spectacular top five at the Suzuka Circuit. His performance week after week landed him good quality finishes and led to his third Forza Sports Car Series victory at the Iberian International Circuit. During this period of strong finishes, he met up with RAFT and decided to take their name as his own and changing his name to how we know him today. Taking his late season victory into account and the amount of momentum he had been building up, he decided to attempt his first series race at Nurburgring Nordschliefe. The result was not what he was looking for as he ended up finishing in the garage after nine laps on the track.

Season 6 and 7 were two very quiet seasons for RAFT Zed 0 Sick. In both seasons, he completed the first few races of the season but left very quietly nearly midway through both seasons. During these races he was on and off, gaining high finishing spots some weeks and earning DNFs in others. Coming into Season 8, he wanted to show the drivers that even though he was missing for nearly two whole seasons, he is still in as good racing form as he was before his hiatus.

He started Season 8 off just like he would any other season at Sebring with a quality top ten finish but fell out of the running early at the Bernese Alps after barely taking the green flag. Looking to build on his Sebring finish and to quickly forget about the Bernese Alps, RAFT Zed 0 Sick is looking to pick up his fourth victory to put his season back on track. With a bit of an uphill climb to overcome, RAFT Zed 0 Sick wants to get back on his winning ways in order to seek the very elusive Forza Sports Car Series title that he has been waiting for ever since his first race back in Season 4.

In addition to earning his first title, RAFT Zed 0 Sick has shown interest in wanting to lead a team to victory in the team championships. He has been part of many race teams and he feels it is time to lead his own team in the near future.

Looking ahead toward the future, RAFT Zed 0 Sick has had a bumpy ride getting to where he has. His illustrious career has taken him from championship hot shot to a humbled, veteran racer with plenty of bite. With some of the more challenging tracks yet to come, we will see if RAFT Zed 0 Sick's bite is still sharp enough to tear through his competitors and put him back on top.

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:57 am

Post-Race Conference (Bernese Alps)

Moderator: "Welcome everyone. Racers, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedules. Reporters, just like at Sebring, I would like to remind you that we are operating with a thirty minute question and answer session, so please keep the questions brief and to the point. RAFT Hiredgun will not be available for any questions, so we do apologize for the inconvenience. Without further ado, reporters, please ask your questions. Your thirty minute session begins now."

Reporter 1: "First question will be for EZT Gambit. Las week at Sebring, you had a major penalty that put you out of first place. Are you happy to finish only third but penalty free?"

EZT Gambit: "Yes I am happy with third place. I raced as clean as possible, so yeah, I am happy."

Reporter 2: "I would like to ask METAL C6R this question. How do you feel being back in the driver's seat and bringing the Corvette back to its winning form?"

METAL C6R: "It feels right at home to be honest. I am however a little disappointed that it took this long to make my return."

Reporter 2: "It has been a while since you have gotten back in the saddle. Before Season 7, your last race was in Season 5 in another Corvette. How do your two cars differ in terms of grip and feel?"

METAL C6R: "I could drag on all day about this topic, because its the reason I did not return in Season 6 and most of Season 7 until the racing 'Vette made its appearence. The cars just simply don't have as much grip as they use to. The aerodynamics of the car have more of an effect, thus making my old trusted ZR1 rather uncompeatable at the higher PIs. It's kind of the same reason I drove the '08 Viper in Season 2."

Reporter 3: "For OLDFenderBender. You and METAL C6R pulled out a one-two finish in GT, helping you guys out a lot in the team points. Were you focused on just running one-two or were you pushing hard for the win?"

OLDFenderBender: "Personally I did want to win that race, but our cars were evenly matched throughout the race, but he got me when I exited the pits due to some GTC traffic. Our team orders were pretty simple: "Don't hit the walls." and "Don't wreck your teammate, you can race him hard, but just don't wreck him.""

Reporter 4: "I have a question for Matthnt. Your own one-two finish was pretty close, how worried were you about losing the top spot to your teammate?"

Matthnt: "Not very, it was a planned finish. Like the factory Ford GT40's at Le Mans in the mid-sixties."

Reporter 4: "Well, then. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise given how close the team championship standings are right now and every point matters. Speaking of which, will you guys be picking up a third driver to add additional points for your team?"

Matthnt: "I think we have a third driver lined up. I'm used to the two driver team and we usually finish in the top three or four in team points anyway. So if we pick up a third, that's great. If not, then so be it."

Reporter 5: "Continuing on with the one-two theme, I would like to direct my question to PredatorUSMC. Is there something you wish you could have done different to break up Team American Muscle's one-two finish?"

PredatorUSMC: "I think if maybe at the beginning of the race I was a bit more aggressive to get the 'Vettes behind me I might have been able to hold one of them off for a while, and hope while trying to pass me a mistake was made and a Corvette would become friends with a wall. Other than that they were the faster car today. I was faster in some areas but the total pace... I had nothing for them."

Reporter 6: "This question is for the GT drivers. I would like to know your opinions on the many penalties handed out at Bernese Alps, especially since most of the penalties were given to GTC drivers."

METAL C6R: "Bernese is a hard track to race clean and consistent at. With downforce being a major benefactor for this race, to me it comes as no surprise as most cars only have 300lbs of downforce total."

OLDFenderBender: "Personally I'm surprised, it's not often when you see a list that can rival one for shopping for groceries "

PredatorUSMC: "I was surprised at the wave of penalties. I mean I know there are a couple of areas where the track has huge areas of run off but wow. I have never seen anything like it. I am just glad I was consistently on the track and not off like some!"

Reporter 6: "And what about you EZT Gambit? You were one of the only drivers listed without an infraction in GTC. What are your thoughts on the penalties?"

EZT Gambit: "I like clean racing. I heard of this problem just before the race. It is a big list there but I think the big majority of the racers on this list are honest and went of track by mistakes. Either way, I would just like to say keep it clean anyway."

Reporter 7: "This is for everyone. With Hockenheimring being a bit different from the track at the Alps, what changes do you foresee needing to make?"

EZT Gambit: "I don't have much to change, I think my car will be good."

Matthnt: "Unless my PI changes, nothing as well. I don't tune cars for certain tracks I run the tune that's on the car and make it work."

Reporter 7: "And what about the GT drivers?"

PredatorUSMC: "Not too many changes for me. Maybe some small aero work and suspension tweaks will be minimal. For me it will be about hitting my marks consistently and getting around traffic error free."

OLDFenderBender: "As of now, the 'Vette has been suffering from oversteer in some of the slower corners, but I will have that under control come race day."

METAL C6R: "I will mostly be assessing tunes. Like my bio says, I paint more than I tune. If I happen to find a good tuner and a good teammate then I can sure as hell drive the piss out of it. So props to Fender!"

Reporter 8: "This is for Matthnt. Since we are back at Hockenheimring, a track that you won at last season, how excited are you to be running here again this season?"

Matthnt: "Victory last year only because my teammate last year had a racing incident near the end of the race and suffered a time penalty. Its a good track, and it will suit our car well but will also suit the Boss Racing M3's quite well. I feel that both EZT Gambit and Raceboy77 are going to make my day tough as well."

Reporter 9: "To OLDFenderBender, do you still wish you were in GTC battling it out with EZT Gambit and Matthnt, or do you prefer where you are now in GT?"

OLDFenderBender: "It is nice being back in GT. GTC was fun and all, but I did miss the speed and competition."

Reporter 10: "This is for PredatorUSMC. Before I start, I want to apologize for the long preface to my question."

Moderator: "It will be allowed, please continue."

Reporter 10: "This may be old news to everyone, but you are back in your Ferrari with your usual team. We do know, however, that you had a little trouble putting a team together this season. Any comments on that?"

PredatorUSMC: "You know what, I don't know man. I think people are a little hesitant to join my team because I have a high standard of what is expected of them. But really it's fairly simple. Show up to most of the races, do not DNF unless you roll it and can't move, and have fun. Of course I want great finishes but this series is tough and I realize that so attendance is probably most important to me. I also did not really push for a team. I pretty much decided I was going to be a one man privateer team for Ferrari until the last minute. That's when I made a push for teammates and grabbed a couple of racers."

Reporter 10: "Thank you."

Reporter 11: "Quick question for EZT Gambit. You've seen the Corvette make its return in GT. Both weeks you have been beat out by European cars. Can you bring the Corvette back to its glory in GTC?"

Moderator: "You must be an American reporter aren't you?"

Reporter 11: "Guilty."

EZT Gambit: "I think this Corvette is good almost everywhere, so I will certainly have a chance to do it before the end of the season."

Moderator: "With that last and highly unorthodox question, our thirty minute period has reached its end. I will allow one more question before we end this session."

Reporter 12: "Well, I guess just like Sebring, this one will be for everyone. Did you guys have a chance to enjoy the actual track-side resort or were you guys too busy in the garage to notice the cool Swiss air?"

Matthnt: "I found a pub near the track and hung out there with the fans for a while."

PredatorUSMC: "I, myself, always make time to enjoy the resort at Bernese! I am not much of a skier myself. I did a little snowboarding. I did have fun with some snowbunnies. They seem to like fast cars and race drivers. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. I also toured the area and it is breath taking. I enjoy the fans, the residents and the area at Bernese. It's one of my favorite races each season."

OLDFenderBender: "I think there would be an issue if you didn't enjoy the resort by being in the garage the whole time. I managed to make a trip to one of the mountain peaks via backpacking."

METAL C6R: "Not for me, I was too busy working up a sweat inside the car trying to shave a couple of seconds off my lap times."

OLDFenderBender: "Well, that explains how you beat me."

EZT Gambit: "It was about the same for me. I was busy working on EZT Sabre's car in the garage."

Moderator: "With that, I would like to end this press conference and thank all of our drivers for their time. Next week, the Forza Sports Car Series will be in neighboring Germany at the Hockenheimring for week three of Season 8. I would like to see you all out there enjoying the spectacle that is the Forza Sports Car Series. And now, good night to everyone."
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:10 am

Just a quick update for everyone. The GTC Driver Spotlight will be posted by either tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. The big thing that I wanted to do, however, was extend an opportunity out to our non-rookie drivers.

So far, both spotlights (Sebring's GT Driver Spotlight and this week's Spotlight) have both been requested by the driver. If you want to have a GT/GTC Driver Spotlight, send me a private message and I will mark you down as wanting a Driver Spotlight. When your name is next on your respective class's list, I will feature you in the Driver Spotlight. If there are no requests left on the list, I will select a random driver as I had previously planned to.

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 am

GTC Driver Spotlight -- RAFT Hiredgun
FSCS Weekly Interviews Raft_h12
Forza Sports Car Series Photo/bLuEsMoKe305

Car: #22 Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Team: Loose Lugnut Motorsports

Forza Sports Car Series History:
Official Rookie Season - Season 4

Season 4 - 12 Races (1 Win at Iberian International Circuit)
Season 5 - 18 Races (1 Win at Twin Ring Motegi)
Season 6 - 15 Races (3 Wins at Sebring International Raceway I, Road America, and Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit)
Season 7 - 12 Races
Season 8 - 2 Races (At Time of Profile)

Polls: 6
Wins: 5
Top 5s: 21
Top 10s: 41
Hard Chargers: 2 (S4: Iberian International Circuit and S5: Road Atlanta)
DNFs: 0

Consistent, persistent and downright tenacious would be some of the words I would be using to describe RAFT Hiredgun. He has embodied the Forza Sports Car Series's ideals of racing hard, clean, and fast without sacrificing his integrity along the way. Coming out of his hometown of Marysville, Ohio, RAFT Hiredgun is driving in his fifth season in the Forza Sports Car Series. For him, there have been a lot of ups and downs, but each time he has shown that nothing will stop him.

In his rookie season, LBAW Hiredgun (as he was known as in his first two seasons) started fast out of the gates and just kept riding that wave of momentum week after week. His debut at Sebring was a stellar performance, missing out on the Hard Charger award by one position. He did suffer a bit of a rough time at Maple Valley, but immediately turned that around at what would become his first race win and Hard Charger award.

Fighting through six other drivers, LBAW Hiredgun took over the lead and never looked back, taking the race and Hard Charger award at the Iberian International Circuit. He used that race as a kick-starter and finished strong throughout the rest of the season, missing out on only one top ten finish through the end of Season 4.

In Season 5, LBAW Hiredgun had what most drivers would call a sophomore slump through the first half of the season. In those first nine races of the longest Forza Sports Car Series season to date, he had a lot of trouble posting high position finishes. During those nine races, he managed only two top tens, quite shy of last season's high performing marks. After the race at the Suzuka Circuit, LBAW Hiredgun took a pretty big leap and joined the racing conglomerate RAFT. From there, his poor finishing ways in Season 5 seemed to have all but disappeared. He took top ten after top ten, just like in his rookie season. RAFT Hiredgun even took the race at the Twin Ring Motegi wire to wire before finishing the season at the "Green Hell" with a solid ninth place performance.

RAFT Racing officially made him one of their own team racing drivers for Season 6 which nearly proved to be the missing piece in RAFT Hiredgun's near championship run. He started out Season 6 strong with an early poll and victory at the first race at Sebring followed closely by another flag to flag victory at Road America. With two wins under his belt, RAFT Hiredgun seemed to have the Season 6 title well in hand. Sporting top ten after top ten, just like in previous seasons, there were no signs of being able to stop him until the race at Silverstone.

This race was arguably the turning point in the close championship race that season. Without a grand mistake, RAFT Hiredgun was poised to easily take the season championship. With a thirteenth place qualifying run, RAFT Hiredgun just needed to take the race nice and easy and finish just as he had in previous weeks to secure another top ten. As it were, lady luck had other drivers to attend to and due to a racing incident, RAFT Hiredgun's security blanket was gone just like that. What was left of his hard-earned lead was gone and the door was left wide open for eventual champion SSRT DWilkerson. This isn't to say that RAFT Hiredgun laid back and gave away the finishes, oh no. He battled hard to attempt to make up for Silverstone, taking more top tens and even a third win at Nurburgring's Grand Prix Circuit, but the damage had been done and his momentum had been cut a little short. Despite being second overall at the end of Season 6, RAFT Hiredgun vowed to grab that elusive championship trophy.

In Season 7, RAFT Hiredgun kept his consistent top tens up through most of the season, only being denied a top ten finish at the Alps, Nurburgring's Grand Prix Circuit, and Road America. Despite this consistency, he could only secure third place and ended up not improving on his success from last season.

With Season 8 rolling around, RAFT Hiredgun decided to take his talents over to the GTC Class to see if he could find that elusive championship trophy. With a strong fourth place finish and a satisfyingly close second place finish behind his teammate, Matthnt, RAFT Hiredgun is poised to be a strong contender for the GTC Championship. He is hoping to turn his luck around and win another race to make up for a win less Season 7. With his future currently up in the air, RAFT Hiredgun wants to make sure that any manufacturer looking for a driver sees him as the GTC Champion.
Back to top Go down
RR Rowdy Burns

RR Rowdy Burns

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Very nice write up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insomniacracing.webs.com
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Yes. Nice read. I have got to give it to you..You do great work and I as well as everyone in this series appreciates what you do Kamikaze! Hat's off to you.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:47 pm

nice write definitely seems reads like a professional journalist wrote it up.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:32 am

Hey Everyone,

Recently I have been absent from the series and more importantly my weekly write-ups. I have been negligent of the write-ups and for that I want to tell you guys I am sorry. I know that a lot of you guys enjoy reading my write-ups. With these past two weeks, I've been moving in and acclimating to college. Even though that is no excuse to get these done, that is the reason why I have not been getting these write-ups done at all.

With the race at Road America over and with the one week intermission, I am now caught up with some of my work and can now get some of the write-ups done. I will resume my write-ups with the next race at Camino Viejo.

Drivers who finish in the top three in both categories, be ready for the Post Race Conference questions to be sent out Tuesday and for the GTC Driver Spotlight, I will be contacting you by Thursday, so be ready. I will do my best to get back into the swing of things. For those out there that have been patiently waiting for new content, thank you for continually waiting this long and I hope that the quality will not disappoint. With that said, once again, I do apologize for keeping everyone waiting this long. But, rest assured, I am back to stay.

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Anyone that puts time into things that they dont need to has every right to take the time off of it when they need to. no worries man. if you do run into some kind of trouble like this again im sure someone wouldnt mind filling in, and trying their best. im always prowling the forums so if you are in a pinch with this stuff shoot me pm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FSCS Weekly Interviews   FSCS Weekly Interviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FSCS Weekly Interviews
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next