Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps

Go down 
+26
BMEAZY II
F4H FACEPALMER
JumpInTheFire88
Rokker7
KikRox268
No1 Tommy Smurf
o351
OLDFenderBender
Blahzay xxl
Abramsmech17
Bradsz
F4H Diablo
SSRT DWilkerson
lukemad9999
bLuEsMoKe305
RR Rowdy Burns
Luongo27
sniper919
Matthnt
nine3cobra
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Warpig2011
SaintedPlacebo4
Dr PiiHB
Ezt Gambit
Admin/PredatorUSMC
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:28 pm

3rd place?

wow... I can't believe I was consistent enough to run that with only a handful of high 6s.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Road America Results

Congratulations to RAFT ROWDY for the GT win in his #52 Ascari KZ1R.

Congratulations to EZT Gambit {R} for the GTC win in his #266 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4).

The GT Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by THF dvsSublime in the #91 RUF RGT-8
for Charging through the field from 11th to finish 4th gaining 7 positions.

The GTC Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by hannibaljazz 98 {R} in his #98 Porsche Caymen R for Charging from 24th in the field to finish 12th gaining 12 positions! Great racing through the field.

3rd through 7th in GT class was a pretty close finish. One less mistake, one lap better around GTC or GT traffic and each of those could have finished further up the grid! No matter where you are racing you gotta get after it cause a low qualifier can still make it up toward the front!

Race Room Recap and Incident Report

A Room

GT The first standing start of the season went surprisingly well. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents
GTC The first standing start of the season went surprisingly well. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents

There were some very hairy moments that could have ended ugly but due to some excellent car control and drivers really driving exceptionally well no incidents happened.

There was mild contact in GT and GTC but the incidents were racing incidents and nothing neglligent.

B Room

GT standing start went very well! No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents
GTC standing start went very well! No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents

There was an incident with Rokker7{R} and Warpig2011 about 6 or 7 laps in that was more Rokker7's fault. However, the damage was minimal and either driver could have made a slight line change and avoided the side to front contact.

C Room

GT & GTC starts were incorrectly done with a 1 second roll off delay for both classes. A roll off delay was not mentioned other than the 15 second delay difference between GT and GTC.

Racing was clean with no incidents to mention. There was some self inflicted damage and one car with a steering malfunction taking itself out of contention but he did finish the race! Other than that good racing.

There was a good three way GTC battle going between 2 Corvettes and a Porsche. Nice racing guys.

D Room

This room was run with AI for the lack of only 3 racers in the lobby.

Results are up for Road America.
Points Are Up.
Team Points Updated
Top 5 on the home page up.

PIRS NOT UPDATED
WRITE UP NOT COMPLETED
WINNERS PICTURES NOT UPDATED

A, B & C room replays are on my storefront
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Based on what i can see on the results from who DNF'd and who missed the race overall point positions are going to change rather drastically. Im excited to see where i stand after this race. I feel like i could have had a total time closer to Hannibal's if i didnt get glitched. but im not sweating it Cool time to get consistent and make every race.
Back to top Go down
JumpInTheFire88

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 pm

points still haven't updated for me.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:29 am

If your a host make sure your internet connection is good,if not let some one else do it. Missing a race because of connection problems with a host is unacceptable. All the rules that you can get called out on and nobody (officials) can take time to make sure the right people are hosting, garbage.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 am

Science the officials don't decide who are the lobby hosts, pred decides who is the hosts and to be fair to him he has so few volunteers to help as especially towards lobby C/D etc. if you feel that strongly about it why not volunteer to be a room host to help out?
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:45 am

vV Science Vv wrote:
If your a host make sure your internet connection is good,if not let some one else do it. Missing a race because of connection problems with a host is unacceptable. All the rules that you can get called out on and nobody (officials) can take time to make sure the right people are hosting, garbage.

your not just connecting to the host, you also have to get information from every other person in that room

So it's a combination of different things that may have prevented you from joining. So when you attempted to join my room you also had to establish a connection to every other person in that room, which was 15 (including me). Some of those people were from the other side of the pond.

So if you are going to start bashing other people about their internet, here is what I've got:
Locale:Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 2145019198
People of London:Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 2145027284
For $hits and giggles (Las Vegas):Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 2145037243

As for what Tommy said, nothing is stopping you from being a room host.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 am

i bow down to you interwebs xD. my internet alone costs like 80-90 dollars and i get 12... not 95. which btw is as much as i can get from it (2 more than what they say i should get from my internets)
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 am

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
Science the officials don't decide who are the lobby hosts, pred decides who is the hosts and to be fair to him he has so few volunteers to help as especially towards lobby C/D etc. if you feel that strongly about it why not volunteer to be a room host to help out?
Sounds reasonable.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:50 am

OLDFenderBender wrote:
vV Science Vv wrote:

your not just connecting to the host, you also have to get information from every other person in that room

So it's a combination of different things that may have prevented you from joining. So when you attempted to join my room you also had to establish a connection to every other person in that room, which was 15 (including me). Some of those people were from the other side of the pond.

So if you are going to start bashing other people about their internet, here is what I've got:
Locale:Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 2145019198
People of London:Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 2145027284
For $hits and giggles (Las Vegas):Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 2145037243

As for what Tommy said, nothing is stopping you from being a room host.

Since you volunteered to respond heres' a little history;I have hosted in the past also, its been 7 seasons and this is the FIRST time this has happened to me and my teammate. There have been times when hosts were switched to accomodate connection issues. If my host sent out more than one invite or encouraged others in the lobby to do the same which has happened many times in the past, I probably would have been able to join. My internet is very reliable. The host had an "offline" status during the race. That means he's got connection issues as well.
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:04 am

You should test your line quality also. To do that go to http://pingtest.net/ to determine the quality of your broadband Internet connection. Streaming media, voice, video communications, and online gaming require more than just raw speed.

Last edited by RAFT Hiredgun on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 am

i just think he is annoyed that there was no way for him to get a second invite so that he could get in. it took me about 5 or 6 tries simply because it was being difficult. i didnt lag (that i know of) during that race but it still took several invites to get me in the room. Good thing i had one person in that room on my friends list (Roca) to send me a stream of invites.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 am

vV Science Vv wrote:
The host had an "offline" status during the race. That means he's got connection issues as well.

doesn't hurt to also try and join off of someone else in that same room, if you can talk to people in that lobby, that's not the internet, it's the netcode in the game that's not letting you join the room.

and Forza 4 has had a reputation for some pretty bad netcode issues, it's gotten better, but it's still like swiss cheese.

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
i bow down to you interwebs xD. my internet alone costs like 80-90 dollars and i get 12... not 95. which btw is as much as i can get from it (2 more than what they say i should get from my internets)

I'm not sure, but I think I have a fiberoptic connection, in a 2 story apartment complex just outside of MSU, but location near large cities make a big difference too.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 am

Well i live an hour and a half from boston and about 5 from hartford ct. the highest speed offered from any provider is around 20 where i live. Everyone has Comcast or AT&T U-Verse.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:13 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
i just think he is annoyed that there was no way for him to get a second invite so that he could get in. it took me about 5 or 6 tries simply because it was being difficult. i didnt lag (that i know of) during that race but it still took several invites to get me in the room. Good thing i had one person in that room on my friends list (Roca) to send me a stream of invites.

^ pretty much sums it up.
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:14 pm

OLDFenderBender wrote:
vV Science Vv wrote:
The host had an "offline" status during the race. That means he's got connection issues as well.

doesn't hurt to also try and join off of someone else in that same room, if you can talk to people in that lobby, that's not the internet, it's the netcode in the game that's not letting you join the room.

and Forza 4 has had a reputation for some pretty bad netcode issues, it's gotten better, but it's still like swiss cheese.

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think I have a fiberoptic connection, in a 2 story apartment complex just outside of MSU, but location near large cities make a big difference too.

Tried all the tricks nothing worked, all that practise for nought.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:28 pm

vV Science Vv wrote:
OLDFenderBender wrote:
vV Science Vv wrote:

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

Practice your spelling next time instead. lol! . Practise=the verb and Practice=the noun in the UK... In the US its "Practice" for both. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:28 pm

shoulda just done a quick pre-race :p
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
vV Science Vv wrote:
OLDFenderBender wrote:
vV Science Vv wrote:

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

Practice your spelling next time instead. lol! . Practise=the verb and Practice=the noun in the UK... In the US its "Practice" for both. Laughing

You mean 'practice' is a verb with or without the object in U.K. It's never a noun in the U.K. Sorry had to do it!
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah let us argue some more about spelling and the English language, the same language that adds new words every year like F-Bomb and bootylicious.... Sleep

Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm

http://www.world-english.org/practise_practice.htm took me all of 30 seconds to find exactly the kind of thing i was looking for.

"In many parts of the English speaking world (UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, and South Africa) “practice” is the noun, “practise” the verb. However, in the U.S.A the spelling “practice” is more often used for both the noun and the verb."
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
http://www.world-english.org/practise_practice.htm took me all of 30 seconds to find exactly the kind of thing i was looking for.

"In many parts of the English speaking world (UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, and South Africa) “practice” is the noun, “practise” the verb. However, in the U.S.A the spelling “practice” is more often used for both the noun and the verb."

Word! figure that one out hehe.....
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 pm

vV Science Vv wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

....word to your momma?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:08 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
vV Science Vv wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

....word to your momma?

Word to Bigbird?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Ohhhhh lord!!!
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps   Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Race 4 Road America 50 Laps
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next