Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps

Go down 
+20
oddball7000
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
CThompson17
THF dvsSublime
jpnvr4
Blahzay xxl
Zenrad
PSEUDO 45
fattymicpatty
SSRT DWilkerson
No1 Tommy Smurf
JumpInTheFire88
SaintedPlacebo4
Bradsz
Matthnt
bLuEsMoKe305
Raceboy77
sniper919
F4H FACEPALMER
Admin/PredatorUSMC
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Double Poll Question (can vote more than one)
Will you use this time to Prepare for Camino X-treme?
Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_lcap26%Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 26% [ 11 ]
Will you wait until the last few days to prepare for Camino X-Treme
Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 13 ]
After the week break are you looking forward to this challenging track?
Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_lcap35%Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 15 ]
After the week break are you fearful of this challenging track?
Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_lcap9%Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 43

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 12:56 am

I had a nice start passing 7th and 6th before getting to turn 1, from there I just followed Boost and Prone until about lap 6 or 7 when I made a couple of mistakes, that coupled with LSA's pace, allowed him to get right up on my tail which made me change focus form catching back up to Boost to keeping 6th. And man did he want that spot! He really made me keep on my toes until lap 24(?) when he went off, hitting the slow stuff, I took that opportunity to go into the pits. Coming out of the pits I saw Boost passing by the start/finish so I held up a bit before pulling out, and when I pulled out I was shocked; I was in 5th, right between Boost in front and Prone behind me. Let me put that into perspective... By lap 15 I couldn't see Boost anymore and Boost was no where near Prone. So coming out anywhere near either of them, without running very fast laps, was surprising.

From there I just tried to keep pace with Boost until Pred came outta the pits, that's where things got interesting. After almost hitting Pred, Boost got by and proceeded to drive as defensively as he could to keep Pred behind him. At that point Pred found himself in a Viper sandwich, Boost in front Me in back. And man was I pushing, with the damage I had from lap 1 hurting me just enough in just the right places left me behind Pred with no way to get by... unless a mistake was made. Thankfully, in the last couple of laps Boost got loose, collected Pred, and in turn let Pred get friendly with a wall, letting me and Boost to cruise into 3rd and 4th.

Prone took a little self inflicted damage and couldn't hold pace at the end, but all in all, a good race for AHR.

Congrats Metal and Gambit!
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 am

All in gonna say about this Fu-x ing farce is we can restart for liverys but not laggout of lap 1.75..
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:47 am

I got to say, pitting twice and losing 7000+ ft because f it and still getting 8th was a really good night. Dont think ill do as well on any other track as this is my best track. maybe Infineon. well til next week then Smile
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 am

Raceboy77 wrote:
that was the craziest thing i've ever experienced on forza. my xbox froze after the 2nd restart so i ended up starting last in the lobby, then i was making time up on the leaders and made it behind matt who was 2nd on lap 18 and there was a lag spike and i got hit and flipped. made it to the pits and a lap later i lagged into my own lobby. after that, my car felt normal again for some odd reason and i was able to pound back 44's. hopefully my finish time isn't too bad due to the penalty per lap for lag outs but i've never experienced that before, crazy stuff.

I was wondering what happened to you. I saw you were about 250 ft behind me on the Iberian part of the track then all of a sudden you were 2000 ft behind Shocked Thought you quit out instead of lagging into your own room

My pit strategy was awesome. I waited to pit til Gambit was trapped by lapping GT cars causing him to lose lots of time. I went into the pits too hot and missed my stall. Pitted the next lap and lost any hope of catching Gambit. My mistake cost me about 10-11 seconds and the potential win No
Back to top Go down
oddball7000

oddball7000

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 am

on the results it says i lagged out at thirteen. but id pitted on 15 and run at least 5 laps or so after that before my internet died
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:26 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
All in gonna say about this Fu-x ing farce is we can restart for liverys but not laggout of lap 1.75..

It sucks when our restarts were used up before our class even got past the first corner Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ezt Gambit

Ezt Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:18 pm

All I have to say about this race is thank God!! Mattnt strategy was great and he could ve won this race, raceboy was faster then anybody on this track and he lagged out, man I was lucky there!!
Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks Guys, And Thanks Boost!!

Was trying to look out for team points this race, Fender and I would have finished 1 and 2, but due to a slight entry mistake and a decision to keep the cars damage free, I chose to pass him. From there on it was pretty much smooth sailing. Had a lot of fun. Don't really know how I managed the pace that I did but besides the point.
Corvette will be looking forward to Road Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:06 pm

I had a terrible race. I was running ok until I got too hot into the last switchback and gave myself some damage, but it didn't slow the car down any.

What really hurt was only being able to run low 39s here and there. Once we hit lap 30 or so it seemed a lot of people were completely ignoring the chicane on ladera. With everyone else in A lobby running 38s I just couldn't keep up.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:16 pm

I did not have a bad race in my opinion kept on making mistakes however, I will certainly not say no to my 6th place finish.

I am hopefully Road Atlanta will suit both myself and my Aston more.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:02 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
I did not have a bad race in my opinion kept on making mistakes however, I will certainly not say no to my 6th place finish.

I am hopefully Road Atlanta will suit both myself and my Aston more.

I really wish i was able to start A lobby and give you a run for that spot lol. hopefully road atlanta will be exciting. that whole time i felt like i was walking on eggshells. road america seems to be alot easier on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
JumpInTheFire88

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:11 pm

My race went alot smoother than expected. I had preconceived notions that this race was going to be an anxiety filled torture. All week I had visions of GT cars smashing into the back of me entering the chicane or pushing hard to get that little extra and miss my braking point and causing a big wreck. My realistic goals coming into this race was just to finish without any mishaps, so a 4th place feels like a win to me. 2 races I was worried about down only 1 more to go. (le mans) No
Back to top Go down
F4H FACEPALMER

F4H FACEPALMER

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 pm

The race went a lot smoother than I thought it would too, thanks to the GT guys for their patience and the GTC guys for clean racing when we were actually near each other.

Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Camino Viejo Extreme Sunet Results

Congratulations to METAL C6R for the GT win in his #65 Chevrolet Corvette Racing ZR1.

Congratulations to EZT Gambit {R} for the GTC win in his #266 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (C4) .
Dominating GTC Class Rolling Eyes

The GT Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by fattymicpatty in the #41 Chevrolet Corvette Racing ZR1 for Charging through the field from 18th to finish 9th gaining 9 positions.

The GTC Hard Charger Award 2 point bonus is earned by BMEAZY II{R} in his #21 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
for Charging from 20th in the field to finish 9th gaining 11 positions! Great racing through the field.

Race Room Recap and Incident Report

A Room

GT standing start was clean no heavy contact. No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents
GTC standing start was clean. There was some very minor touching but nothing heavy.

Other than some very light touching the race was nothing to report except some good hard racing.

B Room

GT standing start went very well! No turn 1 incidents or early lap incidents
GTC standing start was good. However, there was an early lap incident.

Lap 1 at the bottom of esses into turn 2 GLR Roca gets into the back of hannibaljazz 98 {R} causing damage and some loss of control of the car. (under further review)

There were a few other small GTC bumping and grinding incidents but nothing negligent.

Good early battle between Porsche and Chevrolet with SaintedPlacebo4 {R} and Dr PiiHB. I was waiting for it to get ugly and for Dr PiiHB to break out the chrome horn.

Good racing !

C Room

Have not received Replay as of yet.

Results are up for Camino Viejo Extreme Sunset.
Points Are Up.
Team Points Updated
Top 5 on the home page up.
PIRS UPDATED
WRITE UP COMPLETED

WINNERS PICTURES NOT UPDATED

A & B room replays are on my storefront
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:18 pm

"chrome horn"? lmao what is that? and i was disappointed he lost it :/ i was putting up incredible laps (i think i couldnt read the times well on my tv) with him pushing me so hard. it was quite the race. hopefully we will be able to go at it again.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
"chrome horn"? lmao what is that? and i was disappointed he lost it :/ i was putting up incredible laps (i think i couldnt read the times well on my tv) with him pushing me so hard. it was quite the race. hopefully we will be able to go at it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NAKf8W9gClg#t=24s
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm

SSRT DWilkerson wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NAKf8W9gClg#t=24s

I dont remember dr.p getting close enough to do that

Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFbpGZ-UCxC6RWmxtzWEePUZ5XksrEEy2PBBlMhYy0EhjFTIsJCg

I joke i joke. no we had a great race til he got loose in the worse possible spot which btw, i also did the same on lap 28, though much less severe. I would love to have a ten lap shootout just for fun since we went at it for a good long while and i couldnt shake him. guess ill have to take it to him in the trucks on wednesday. king

Edit: Upon review of the replay... he did get that close. in-fact multiple times. in-fact he tapped me so gently i didnt even know it til the replay. cept once around lap 8 or 9 where if i remember i felt the tail start to get loose so i checked up and he bumped me (no damage). Snapped a bunch of photos of the 18 lap battle. I honestly didnt realize it lasted that long either til he told me. ~1hour of <50ft Exclamation Deff worth watching the replay if you have the time.

Last edited by SaintedPlacebo4 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fattymicpatty

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Meh, definitely could of done better than 9th but I'll take it. For my first official race in the vette though, everything went smoothly, so I can't complain.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: just a thought...   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:44 am

how about a consi race for prople who lag ran on mon day with a time hit?
Back to top Go down
BMEAZY II

BMEAZY II

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 am

Glad that one is done and looking forward to road atlanta
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

PSEUDO 45 wrote:
Half the time I used my qualifying session as my practice for the race.

I know this is late. But this is probably why you qualify so poorly. Some tracks this may work but tracks like Camino X this will never work. No practice here nearly guarantees you an early exit from the race with a severely damaged car.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:10 pm

SSRT_Pronebird wrote:
I had a terrible race. I was running ok until I got too hot into the last switchback and gave myself some damage, but it didn't slow the car down any.

What really hurt was only being able to run low 39s here and there. Once we hit lap 30 or so it seemed a lot of people were completely ignoring the chicane on ladera. With everyone else in A lobby running 38s I just couldn't keep up.

I wondered what happened to you. I wasn't gaining any distance from you those first 15 - 18 laps then you fell out of my mirror.
As for that chicane. I think I hit it right 4 out of 5 times I would go through there. It was one of those corners if you got it wrong you most likely got it pretty badly wrong on the left or the right side...or if you truly get it wrong you miss both and hit slow cement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps   Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Race 5 Camino Viejo Extreme 40 Laps
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3