Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

tips for braking line newbs.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

tips for braking line newbs. Empty
PostSubject: tips for braking line newbs.   tips for braking line newbs. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:15 am

Allright in preparation for the first race im having to wean myself off of braking line. To be honest I dont know why I have not done it sooner as it really is cheesy.

Anyhow, does anyone have any pointers for someone that is trying to learn? I have a few nights of practice and im getting better but still off the pace. Now I dont intend to come in the frist race and win or anything I just would like to get a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: tips for braking line newbs.   tips for braking line newbs. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:57 am

Best advice is to practice and you will see improvements. There is no substitute for seat/track time.

Try this: https://forzascs.forumotion.net/general-chat-f2/things-to-know-about-forza-3-and-racing-t27.htm
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: tips for braking line newbs.   tips for braking line newbs. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:26 am

Back to top Go down
-]v[ETA]_-

-]v[ETA]_-

PostSubject: Re: tips for braking line newbs.   tips for braking line newbs. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:24 am

heres my tip for transfering to driving without a line. go ahead and take off the line, and drive a track in a certain car. say your series car. now idk about you guys but when i made the transfer i always overshot my corners. what i did is;

i remembered the corners that my braking spot sucked at. and
i went back, turned the braking line back on and found out where it was i needed to brake in relevance to something solid on the track ( im not talking about braking markers those can move ) ie a shadow or a fixture, or a tree it depends on what your choice is.
once you have hand picked your braking spots take the line back off and go to the track again

repeat these steps for 1 car at one track, i would advise keep that car the same throughout each track that way you will learn how the car handles and what it does under certain circumstances. (it took me about 4-5 tracks to be able to get how my car handled and from there on i was able to just go to each track even when i haven't tested on it.

my hardest track was the nurburgring just because there are so many corners that its hard to remember BUT i think now i can draw you a map of the track, possibly blindfolded, possibly might have to peak now and again lol but yea

understanding your car is key. take rally di positano for instance, long unforgiving track yes but if you understand your car you can go on that track and not hit a wall by just paying attention to the road itself.

so in all my advise the 2 things i highly recommend is
- learn the track
- learn the handling of your car
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1637772209

PostSubject: Re: tips for braking line newbs.   tips for braking line newbs. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:59 am

thanks guys this is just what i needed. I have been trying to use objects like you said and that is helping. Also I have noticed sometimes you can see on the pavement itself where the braking is being done by tire marks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tips for braking line newbs.   tips for braking line newbs. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:21 am

One other thing that I use heavily is when you go into the really high speed corners the tracks have Meter increments ususally starting at 300 as you approach the corner. After a few tries i've learned where on the markers to hit the brakes, and it ususally ends up being somewhere around the 150 to 100 meter mark on i'd say 95% of the corners. On some of the top speed straights I.E. the Front straight on Road america you may have to get into the brakes somewhere around the 200 to 225 meter mark if your car is near 200 MPH or higher.

I'm no where near a pro forza driver, but this is what has worked for me. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tips for braking line newbs.   tips for braking line newbs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tips for braking line newbs.
Page 1 of 1