Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement

Go down 
+13
SSRT DWilkerson
The LSA
blackhawk s61
Ezt Gambit
CThompson17
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Boostbeef
No1 Tommy Smurf
vV Science Vv
Luongo27
KikRox268
SaintedPlacebo4
Admin/PredatorUSMC
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Empty
PostSubject: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:38 pm

The New Class Structure for season 9 is as such:

GT: Remains the premier class. There have been cars added to the available list and a few have been removed.

GS: Renamed from GTC. This class structure remains fairly the same for season 9 with a few cars no longer available to race.

ST:
* The new class of The Forza Sports Car Series.
* Front Wheel Drive or Rear Wheel Drive Cars only.
* No aero aids available and will be for the most part the introductory class / Support Series.
* The ST cars will not be multi-class racing.
* The races will be 25 laps sprints with no mandatory pit.
* The races will be held on Sunday. The tentative time is set for 1:00PM PST in coincidence with the current track schedule.
* There will be a substitute track scheduled for Le Mans. ST will not race LeMans

>>> CLICK FOR FULL LIST OF CARS AND CLASSES<<<

>>>CLICK FOR SEASON 9 UPDATED RULES<<<

Seaons 9 Schedule
Season start date undecided as of yet due to approaching holidays etc.
Season 9 schedule is set up primarily with a North American first half and then a diverse worldly second half.
Returning Sponsor Confirmed ALMS
Gamestop has not replied. (Just sent out letter Monday)
Also working on something for a per race prize.
Longer Schedule because I am working on a deeper payout beyond the top 3. Top 10 maybe top 15. (fingers crossed)

1. Sebring International Raceway Full Circuit
2. Road America Full Circuit
3. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Grand Prix Circuit (Sunrise)
4. Road Atlanta Full Circuit
5. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
6. Infineon Raceway Long Course
7. Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe Full Circuit
2 week proposed break before world wide swing
8. Bernese Alps Festival Circuit
9. Sunset Peninsula Raceway Full Circuit
10. Hockenheimring Full Circuit
11. Mugello Autodromo Internazionale Full Circuit
12. Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
13. Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit
14. Suzuka Circuit Full
15. Nurburgring Nordschleife

* T-shirts for Exhibition winners of Season 7 will be finished next week and shipped. Cincosport never provided as promised and I paid to have them made with another company*

Axcel Sports Owner has said that since the ALMS, Grand Am and other series Axcel Sports provides racing gear for are over he will provide the winners of Season 7 finally soon.

Gamestop Gift cards are here in an envelope to be mailed out next week once champions and top 3 are decided.

ALMS will be contacted and their sponsored items will be sent to me and then I will get them to their appropriate racers for season 8.

The FSCS and the IFCA will be teaming up to nationally rank the racers of this series. This will add to the level of depth and interest to the series. It may also bring in some new faces.

3S Design will be the Official Livery design house for the FSCS and will have it's own dedicated section on the Forum soon.

I will soon be looking for and requesting volunteers to help with various duties of the series such as Room Host, Tech Inspector etc. PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING your help is what keeps the Forza Sports Car Series strong and viable.

Those of you who are racing at the Nurburgring this Sunday...GOOD LUCK and see you in Germany!

That concludes the state of the Forza Sports Car Series announcement.

THANKS,
Admin
PredatorUSMC

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 pm

May racers in GT or GS race in ST as do many of the Grand Am DP and GT drivers do?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:19 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
May racers in GT or GS race in ST as do many of the Grand Am DP and GT drivers do?

Yep. Smile

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
May racers in GT or GS race in St as do many of the Grand Am DP and GT drivers do?

Yep. Smile

I might as well register what car im running for ST because i have already decided.

And i like the schedule. Can i make a request that Suzuka be set at the alternate time of day?
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:50 pm

I might be signing up for both as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

No registrations open until the Season 8 is decided and Champions crowned.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
No registrations open until the Season 8 is decided and Champions crowned.

haha i could have guessed but im enthusiastic.
Back to top Go down
Luongo27

Luongo27

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm

yay silverstone is back Smile
Back to top Go down
vV Science Vv

vV Science Vv

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Good job on the track selection.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:07 pm

nice track selection and a good decision of car class if you ask me.

now just got to decide whether to go for ST, GS or GT class (was going to go for GT but the car top of my list has now got a power handicap (it was an admin request car) and cannot be asked with all the hassle it takes to work on a car with a handicap

so going to have to come up with a plan B now Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm

If you look at the handicap mathematically it brings those cars right in line with 735 cars. They from there have the ability to have the same PIRS adjustments as any other class in the series. So if you like a car get in it and goooooooooooo.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm

will have a go with its new PI level but there is a new car on the GT list (or at least see how it does) I will definitely have to try out and see how it does.

**EDIT**

do not want to sound stupid but I am guessing this means that GT and GS will still be running in the same lobbies together with ST running in its own lobby at an earlier time than GT and GS races do as well.

if this is the case does this enable us to run both ST and either GS or GT Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:51 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
will have a go with its new PI level but there is a new car on the GT list (or at least see how it does) I will definitely have to try out and see how it does.

**EDIT**

do not want to sound stupid but I am guessing this means that GT and GS will still be running in the same lobbies together with ST running in its own lobby at an earlier time than GT and GS races do as well.

if this is the case does this enable us to run both ST and either GS or GT Very Happy

I asked this one earlier. Yep. Im looking forward to it too.
Back to top Go down
Boostbeef

Boostbeef

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:06 pm

I just have an idea for next season. Is there any way we could have like a mulligan race?

15 weeks is a big schedule.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

I asked this one earlier. Yep. Im looking forward to it too.

sorry did not spot your question about this earlier (shows how observant I am)
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Like cut your worst result? Sounds great actually.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:36 pm

[b]LAGUNA!!!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Question: Can you have different teammates if you are in GS/GT and ST?
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:38 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Question: Can you have different teammates if you are in GS/GT and ST?

To be honest, I am not sure i will keep track of team points in ST. It will definitely have its own Championship points battle. As for teams...most likely not. Now if someone else wants to start a thread and do that when the season begins then hey, you have that going.
Back to top Go down
CThompson17

CThompson17

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:01 pm

This is quite interesting. I'd love to see how well this works. There is only one slight inconvenience, though. I'll have to re-tune the cars I prepared for my videos and re-record it. Luckily, I only recorded three cars, so, it's all good. I can't wait for this next season. Also, I have good news and bad news concerning next season. The bad news is that our new manager made me very angry and has been doing so for over a month. So, I put in a two week notice to prevent something worse from happening. The good news is that I already have another job lined up which will pay more, give me more hours, and I'll be off on Sundays. It's at a bakery, which means I'll be doing something I've always wanted to do since I was eleven years old (besides racing on circuits, but that's beside the point). Hopefully, this new occupation works out, because if it doesn't, then I will no longer have an internet connection, which means no more FSCS for me. Well, I'll end that by saying that I hope to see y'all next season!
Back to top Go down
Ezt Gambit

Ezt Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:30 am

Is fwd to rwd swap permitted in ST?? Or only awd to rwd??
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Ezt Gambit wrote:
Is fwd to rwd swap permitted in ST?? Or only awd to rwd??

Cars in ST must have their natural drivetrain set up. The only exception to that is the AWD to RWD swap. Pretty much the same as the other classes. AWD to RWD only.
Back to top Go down
Ezt Gambit

Ezt Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm

cool no mutant integra then.
Back to top Go down
blackhawk s61

blackhawk s61

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 pm

cheers i should able to race in st every two weeks and hopfully i can do a couple races in gt or gtc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Just curious, but some of the GT2 cars aren't on the GT list. Are those purposefully omitted or just overlooked?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next