Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement

Go down 
+13
SSRT DWilkerson
The LSA
blackhawk s61
Ezt Gambit
CThompson17
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Boostbeef
No1 Tommy Smurf
vV Science Vv
Luongo27
KikRox268
SaintedPlacebo4
Admin/PredatorUSMC
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:13 pm

It's purposeful. There is a reason the car list is as such. It is too much to explain every why or why not or this and not that. However, certain cars were omitted for fact that that manufacturer has several cars that fit that class competitively with no need to add a race specific car or another car.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
It's purposeful. There is a reason the car list is as such. It is too much to explain every why or why not or this and not that. However, certain cars were omitted for fact that that manufacturer has several cars that fit that class competitively with no need to add a race specific car or another car.

You should take out the '08 #2 Comp. Coupe since it's the same as the standard '03 Comp. Coupe just with MUCH less room for PI changes and add that other COMPLETELY DIFFERENT Viper model...
Back to top Go down
http://steel-symphony-rt.webs.com/
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Any cars that are racing in the ALMS should be on the list of available cars otherwise you would not be representing their series well. Who cares if there are 3 choices for a 2013 SRT Viper. Two of them race in the real life series and unlike other manufacturers both cars are in the game. Im sure if the ESM 458 was in the game it would be available to be picked by someone.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Matthnt wrote:
Any cars that are racing in the ALMS should be on the list of available cars otherwise you would not be representing their series well. Who cares if there are 3 choices for a 2013 SRT Viper. Two of them race in the real life series and unlike other manufacturers both cars are in the game. Im sure if the ESM 458 was in the game it would be available to be picked by someone.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Matthnt wrote:

If ESM Race version was available in game it would not be available to be used. There are already 2 458's to choose from so no need for the race versions. You can recreate the ESM livery on them if you like. (Could be done on the current race version actually. same car). We don't have to have the race versions of cars to represent the ALMS. Also, the FSCS is not meant to be an exact version of ALMS. We have elements of PWC also. It's called Sports Car Series for a reason. I am not trying to get argumentative here with this. There is a sound reason for the car selection.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boostbeef

Boostbeef

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

There are already 2 458's to choose from so no need for the race versions.

10 Chevrolet Corvette (C6)Grand Sport
06 Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZO6
09 Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZR1
11 Chevrolet Corvette Racing ZR1 - 752PI

so 4 versions of the C6 are available because...

Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Boostbeef wrote:
There are already 2 458's to choose from so no need for the race versions.

10 Chevrolet Corvette (C6)Grand Sport
06 Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZO6
09 Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZR1
11 Chevrolet Corvette Racing ZR1 - 752PI

so 4 versions of the C6 are available because...

The grand sport is actually coming off that list. Both the Z06 and the ZR1 are not as potent or competitive as they should be in GT. Also both have to stretch to get to 735 and more if PIRS is given.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:05 pm

And just an FYI, I know what car your lobbying for.
Back to top Go down
SSRT DWilkerson

SSRT DWilkerson

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 pm

I mean I understand limiting the cars, I like that. There are two Comp. Coupe's, one SRT-10 and one GTS, if you removed the extra CC race car (Numbered one) and added the GTS-R you'd still have only 4 Vipers, but they'd all be different models.

I know you said you'd reconsider the car, and I appreciate it. We just want to get to work on prepping the car for season 9.

Back to tanks!
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:28 pm

The way i see it just get rid of all race cars and or put them in there own class, but since neither is going to happen you might as well let the viper in. You have the ford gt race car, corvette race car, mclaren, Mercedes, bmw, jag. ..ect, if your are going to let them in let the viper race car in.But i say get rid of all of them.jmo
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:42 am

Matthnt wrote:

If ESM Race version was available in game it would not be available to be used.

This I doubt Rolling Eyes

You can recreate the ESM livery on them if you like. (Could be done on the current race version actually. same car).

Why would I want to drive a 458? Other than to show that you have too much PI and that your system needs a complete overhaul.

There is a sound reason for the car selection.

There is also no reason to leave out any ALMS race cars if you have ALL of the others available to choose from
Back to top Go down
THF dvsSublime

THF dvsSublime

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 am

Why don't you just put in a real ALMS GT class? You already put in that other class with the toy cars
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 am

This road leads to a dead end. The system works damn good. When you have 8 to 10 racers qualify within hundredths of one another every race that is evidence the system needs no overhaul. It is the system that this series is based off of. Maybe you should come to accept that. Every season you say the same thing. Then I explain it again, it's a cycle that needs to end. So I will just be clear....the SYSTEM is not changing. This is how the FSCS runs. My PI, Your PI or anyone's PI are not your concern. (Although i never, not once, heard you complain as you kept getting PI increases so you could keep up with EZT Gambit. NOT ONCE) The PI system has been explained and the on track racing validated it once again in Season 8. So I respectfully ask you to please do not continue discrediting and fighting the system.

Thanks.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 am

THF dvsSublime wrote:
Why don't you just put in a real ALMS GT class? You already put in that other class with the toy cars

Maybe in a future season.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

I wanted to post this to show that no matter where you go no matter how well something runs there will ALWAYS be people who complain, are negative or just looking to bash or create division among people. This is what the IFCA has decided to put on its rules as of January 2011...

This is only a portion of their Terms Of Service / Rules

"With all this in mind we need to briefly look at the way matters were addressed in the past. The IFCA management has decided that NO MORE negative slanting posts will be allowed. You are more than welcome to voice your opinion but if these are seen as directed to cause harm or ill-intent to any member of the IFCA, the CEO's reserve the right to remove you from this site. To long have people gotten away with negativity. We are a positive group that only want the best for our peers and thus we enter this new stage in the life of the IFCA.

If a post is placed where you are in direct conflict with the above mentioned, you will be banned from this site with immediate effect and a re-in-statement is highly unlikely. If we can't trust you once, we cant trust you at all.

We will definitely not IRON rule the IFCA but the interests of our members is our number 1 priority and we will fight your fight if need be.

Now, I have been fair and lenient with everyone who joins and races with us here in The Forza Sports Car Series but at some point acceptance of the rules and policies must be understood by some racers. There are racers who have been completely disrespectful whom I have let return to this series. (albeit with very careful discretion and a swift hand lingering) I feel I have done everything in my best effort to provide a good organized place to race a variety of cars for a variety of skilled racers. That's all I intend to continue doing. I cannot make everyone smile or be happy or agree. Understand that please. This series has developed from input of racers and directors of other series advice. For that I am thankful. But the time has come for the naysayers of the PIRS system to get on the bandwagon and just race and enjoy the competition and other fellow racers. If this is not where you want to be there is no person or no thing keeping you involved in The Forza Sports Car Series.

Thanks,
Admin.
Back to top Go down
SSRT_Pronebird

SSRT_Pronebird

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Sorry Pred, but that IFCA reference is much darker than you might believe. Myself and Dan had run some races there back during forza 3 and we witnessed the league totally melt down.

The owners of the site had decided to take control from people who had already been running it for several years. They hadn't been heard from and out of the blue they booted out who seemed to be the most involved and hard working. There was disgust across the board from the members and I know that most of the prominent racers left. It was left in shambles and it is a shell of it's former self. It was the largest league going through forza 2 and 3 until this happened.

There was way too much manipulation going on behind the scenes. They were removing players who had put so much time into it. That rule is in there at the time that all this happened. This was to keep anyone from talking about what had happened and give them the ability to kick them out if they don't behave all at the same time. There was never an explanation given to the loyal racers about why people were being removed either.

They completely alienated their loyal base.

Edit: There was one owner who had been very involved the entire time and had the league running so successfully. It was the two others who also owned the site who stepped in.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Pronebird. I had heard about the demise a little bit. I do not know the extent of it. My ONLY point was to point out that negativity and complaints of 'The System" will be evident no matter where you go in racing or in life. For me, I make every effort to be completely fair and play no favorites in any way what so ever. I do my damnedest to treat everyone equally and fairly in application of the rules and as human beings. I never manipulate anything with any type of malicious intent so that is not a concern of mine. I truly appreciate those who have helped this series and I say it often. I know without the help of racers and even people who may not really want to race but help with other duties this series would not have made it to it's 8th season and now into Season 9 with yet even more growth.
I have gotten fed up and frustrated at times with certain individuals and sometimes it has incensed me to the point where I thought about just shutting it down, and deleting the site and forums and just joining another series. If it were not for me just being who I am, a man who never quits because of someone elses words or deeds I may have. I respect every racer who participates here and I know that many truly do have fun and enjoy it. (even if they don't get top 5) That is what drives me to continue. I do this for everyone who want's to race and enjoy the ecosystem of friends and racers we have in this series. I enjoy it just as much as the next person. I will do my best to not let this series ever come to that demise Pronebird. But on that note the excerpt I posted still stands as a good example for what I intended it to be.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm

@ pred understood Chief:
@ prone sorry again i was on the defensive all day and that was after a very heated battle with a 25 year"friend then i seen that and lost it...after i reread. I understood wh your goal is the bullseye thing still stands the way i merits not to crash you but to beat your team Nein Shiza...we are some Hungry cats
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:15 pm

This road leads to a dead end. The system works damn good. When you have 8 to 10 racers qualify within hundredths of one another every race that is evidence the system needs no overhaul. It is the system that this series is based off of. Maybe you should come to accept that. Every season you say the same thing. Then I explain it again, it's a cycle that needs to end. So I will just be clear....the SYSTEM is not changing. This is how the FSCS runs. My PI, Your PI or anyone's PI are not your concern. (Although i never, not once, heard you complain as you kept getting PI increases so you could keep up with EZT Gambit. NOT ONCE) The PI system has been explained and the on track racing validated it once again in Season 8. So I respectfully ask you to please do not continue discrediting and fighting the system.

Thanks.

I'm not "fighting" anything. Just trying to point out that people hide behind their PI, yourself included, because 90% of it is too high. As I stated in a previous thread I will run at whatever PI is given to me, whether it be at A600 in GTC or 770 in GT. Its not a big deal to me.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 pm

I hope im not overstepping by asking this but, Wasnt Metal and Fender in a race version of the Corvette and they were right with everyone? If their race corvette is close than i think the race versions of the other alms spec cars would be equally close. it is some what curious that the alms cars get omitted. It would make this more of a Grand-Am league than an ALMS league. but im just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Including me...boy I just get a kick out of your ramblings and accusations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:24 pm

just add the viper lol whats the big problem, i havent driven them but i doubt they are any different from the other alms cars in this series.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 pm

There is no big problem. That would occur if every race car was permitted. It has been clarified. The ONLY reason certain "race" versions are permitted is because that manufacturer has no cars that can be driven competitively within GT. The two Corvettes ZO6, ZR1 fit into GT but unless you are an excellent racer they are a bit deficient and neither have much room for PIRS adjustment. Therefore the race version is allowed. The Viper GTS is a very capable GT car with plenty room for PIRS adjustment. No need for the "race" version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement   Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Class Sturcture & Schedule Announcement
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2