Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews

Go down 
+2
SaintedPlacebo4
Kamikaze1414
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamikaze1414

Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 am

Hey guys,

I will once again be doing the FSCS Post-Race Conferences as well as FSCS Interviews from this page again. How it will break down is the first three finishers in each class (GT, GS, and ST) will be featured in the FSCS Post-Race Conference as well as my highest finishing rookie (in any class). As for the FSCS Interviews, I will be randomly drawing* a driver from one of the classes (rotating to a different class each week) and conducting a "one-on-one" interview. Hopefully this will allow me to continue doing the interviews as well as keep up with my schoolwork.

* - You can request to be in the interview for your classes week and I will do my best to get you in one of the interviews.

Kamikaze

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey everyone,

I've gotten started on the Pre-Race Press Conference from Sebring International Raceway. Hopefully, with the replies from those who have been sent a message, I will be able to get the write-up at about the same time qualifying starts (or Thursday if qualifying starts early). Look for the Pre-Race Press Conference from Sebring International Raceway soon. (If you haven't guessed by now, the actual title of the interview is that long thing that I keep typing.)

Kamikaze
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I would like to dedicate a page on my teams website for your interviews and conferences and write ups etc etc. is that acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Yeah, I don't see a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Kamikaze1414 wrote:
Yeah, I don't see a problem with that.

alright cool man,
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Sebring International Raceway - Pre-Race Press Conference

Drivers in Attendance: Raceboy77, Boostbeef, Ezt Gambit, Matthnt, and Hiredgun308

Moderator: "Welcome everyone to our first press conference of the new season. I'm sure you guys are all excited to find out what these drivers are looking forward to for this season. With us today is the Season 8 GTC, or should I say GS, champion Raceboy77, our two Season 8 Rookie of the Season winners Boostbeef and Ezt Gambit, as well as two drivers from the Season 8 team championship team Loose Lugnut Motorsports, Matthnt and Hiredgun308. METAL C6R, Season 8 GT Champion, and SkiNl3Y, from Loose Lugnut Motorsports, could not make it today but hopefully we will see them both on the track at Sebring. Now I know you guys have been waiting patiently for our question and answer session, but before we begin, may I remind you that we will be limiting the session to thirty minutes. And without further ado, let the questions begin."

Reporter 1: "Quick question for Matthnt and Hiredgun308. You guys registered just before the deadline to make the race here at Sebring International Raceway. Can you guys comment on why it took you guys so long to make the registration final?"

Hiredgun308: "Well, the offers made before the deal I took with RPM Racing didn't include unlimited donuts. No, not really. I was contemplating retiring from the Forza Sports Car Series but RAFT No Brakes came to me with this offer and it just fit in for me to drive the Aston Martin DBS this season in GS after such a dominant run in the V12 Vantage just one season ago."

Matthnt: "I wasn't able to get around to registering until now due to making sure that everything in my life was situated so that I could make sure that I could focus on racing. In relation to the series, I felt that there is an issue with the rule about forced induction. There is a pretty big gray area with the cars that are already naturally aspirated as a stock option and cars that add forced induction or even turbocharge their cars. I feel that there should be a change in the policy about this and it was a minor factor as to why I felt like I wasn't going to run in this season. Things came through with the offer from RPM Racing, but the late entry has definitely shorted the amount of time I've had to test the DBS."

Reporter 1: "So is it safe to say that we'll see Loose Lugnuts Motorsport stay virtually the same as you guys transfer over to RPM Racing?"

Matthnt: "It would seem that RAFT No Brakes's decision to bring us both over to RPM Racing would seem like it keeps the team together."

Hiredgun308: "Yeah, except for SkiNl3Y, who has funded his own ride in the Aston Martin V12 Vantage, it seems Loose Lugnuts Motorsports is still together."

Reporter 2: "Next question is for Raceboy77. Since you've been crowned Season 8's GTC Champion, you have gotten the attention of a lot of the other drivers who are now gunning for your championship. How much pressure is it to be driving as the defending series champion?"

Raceboy77: "I don't think there's much pressure. The field is thick with fast drivers, all of whom can win a championship. I'm not expecting to win another one, only contend and hope for the best. I won't be defending my GS title either since I'm running GT now."

Reporter 3: "This question is for our two Rookie of the Season winners, Boostbeef and Ezt Gambit. You both showed some dominant racing over the prior season's rookies and even some of the series veterans. After winning the Rookie of the Season title in Season 8, do you guys have any tricks that you did not use in Season 8 to surprise the veterans and run well in Season 9?"

Ezt Gambit: "This season, I'm just out to prove that I can race the "Green Hell" without crashing out. Besides that, I'm going to try to continue to run well and make another push for the championship."

Boostbeef: "I'm out to show that my rookie season wasn't a fluke or one hit wonder and that I'm here to compete."

Reporter 4: "I'd like to continue the press conference with a question for Raceboy77. You mentioned earlier that you are not going to be able to defend your GS title since you are making the transition to GT. What was the decision making process behind taking Alpha Racing International into GT with the Ferrari F50?

Raceboy77: "Driving in what is now called GS was mainly for a trial run. It was fun, but I enjoy the GT cars more than the GS cars. Switching back wasn't a very hard choice and the guys at Alpha Racing International agreed. Now we're just hoping for a good season in the F50."

Reporter 5: "Well we've already talked a little bit about RPM Racing and now Alpha Racing International, so I'll direct this question to Boostbeef about Aim High Racing. You've now been with Aim High Racing for the better part of two seasons. What are they doing right that keeps you signing and renewing your contract with them?

Boostbeef: "SSRT DWilkerson and I work closely together on the car to help each other out, from painting the car to the setup. Once you find a teammate that’s as willing to work together as much as he is, you stick with them. He’s switching some equipment around in his car this season so it’ll be interesting to see how our tuning translates to both of our setups."

Reporter 6: "It seems like the trend this season is that GS drivers in Season 8 are making their way into GT in Season 9. I would like to ask Ezt Gambit the next question as he is one of the drivers doing this as well. Why did you decide to move your talent to GT after dominating the GS category with the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport?"

Ezt Gambit: "After a lot of trials, the Pagani was the most exciting car to drive for me. To tell you the truth, at the end of last season I was tired of trying to hold the Corvette on the track. This season I wanted grippy car and that's what I'm getting in the Pagani."

Reporter 7: "I'd like to talk to the drivers that signed up for the new ST class. Since this is the first season that the Forza Sports Car Series is running the new ST class. Are you guys worried that the competition will be slower and not as good as the racing in GT/GS?"

Ezt Gambit: "I think this will be a lot of fun having those front wheel drive and rear wheel drive cars on the same track. I think it is going to be difficult to be competitive on every track as some cars will be a faster on handling tracks and others will be dedicated to fast tracks."

Boostbeef: "I agree that ST class will be a lot of fun. I have a lot of touring car racing in my background so I will be more accustomed to this classes racing and speeds."

Raceboy77: "The racing should be awesome in these cars. The slower ST cars will make for some close racing, and it's another shot to have some fun and race more often."

Hiredgun308: "Just like these guys said before me, the ST cars will make for some good competition, even if there is only one class on the track at a time."

Reporter 7: "Will driving double-duty in both ST and your respective classes be more taxing?"

Boostbeef: "Pulling double-duty shouldn't be a problem in terms of being taxing. The problem for us drivers is where our focus lies. I will be more focused on driving in GT and probably will not be driving every week in the ST race."

Hiredgun308: "We'll have to see how taxing it really is based on how badly or how well drivers cope with both races."

Raceboy77: "I don't think double-duty will affect my performance, but like Hiredgun308 said, only time will tell."

Ezt Gambit: "It will surely be a lot of work but like Boostbeef, I might concentrate a little more on GT since I have a teamate involved."

Moderator: "We only have time for one more question."

Hiredgun308: "If you'll excuse myself and Matthnt, we have a RPM Racing team meeting that we must get to."

Moderator: "That's alright, we are nearly finished here anyway. Thank you for your time. Now if we can have one more question, please."

Reporter 9: "Well, as it seems with all of our press conferences that we hold, I'll make this a general question. What should we be looking for this season?"

Ezt Gambit: "A lot of interesting fights and hopefully a couple of wins, but considering the level of racers there, it is going to be really tight."

Boostbeef: "For me, it’s no big secret that the GTS-R is off the pace. Hopefully after some adjustments the car will be a contender later in the season."

Raceboy77: "I hope to be running near the front and that my team will kick in with some backup to try for a team championship. Other than that, I hope for a lot of fun and an awesome season for not just me, but everyone else too."

Moderator: "Well, that will conclude our Pre-Race Press Conference. Thank you racers for your time and good luck out there on Sunday."

Last edited by Kamikaze1414 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:10 am

What a great read as always! The FSCS TIMES is our source for all news and paddock chatter.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:46 am

Sebring International Raceway - Post-Race Press Conference

Drivers in Attendence: Raceboy77, Luongo27, SaintedPlacebo4, Dr PiiHB, No1 Tommy Smurf, and AAR GTDon

Moderator: "Welcome back guys. After a long race at the Season 9 opener here at Sebring International Raceway it seems like the press wants to get some of their questions answered about what happened on the track. Here today we have two of our class winners Raceboy77 and SaintedPlacebo4. ST Class winner Ezt Gambit could not make the press conference today. With them are Luongo27, Dr PiiHB, two of the runners up in GT/GS as well as No1 Tommy Smurf, the third place finisher in GS. Rounding out our panel today is rookie and second place finisher in the ST Class, AAR GTDon. As a reminder, since we were a bit rushed on time during the pre-race conference last week, there is a thirty minute question and answer period. Let us try not to go over this time limit as I am sure that our drivers, especially those who pulled double duty, are exhausted after the race today. Will the first reporter start off our session today?"

Reporter 1: "Since the ST Class winner, Ezt Gambit, is not in attendance today, I would like to start by talking to the second and third place finishers in that class, AAR GTDon and Raceboy77. You guys obviously had a good run in the ST Class cars at Sebring. How do they compare to the GT/GS cars or cars in other racing series?"

AAR GTDon: "It was very clean out there. I was caught off guard by the standing start, thinking it was going to be a rolling start for some reason, and lost a position before I knew it. I'll be sure to check that minor detail next time. Other than that, there was some minor bumping mid-pack, but very clean overall I'd have to say."

Raceboy77: "I'd say that the cars are more unforgiving. Smaller mistakes can make for larger time losses. This makes for some very close racing because if one person slips up, you're right back on their bumper."

Reporter 1: "And what about for the other two competitors who finished their race in the ST Class, SaintedPlacebo4 and No1 Tommy Smurf? How would you compare the ST Class cars to the GS Class cars that you raced a season ago?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "The control that I can feel while driving in my Honda S2000 makes me feel more gutsy and more aggressive than when I ran in GS last season. Seems to me that the other guys felt this way too with all the contact."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "The differences in the vehicles is much greater. For instance, my Renault Megane could easily beat the Ford Mustangs in the turns, but when it came to the straights they breezed past me. Besides that, it is interesting competing against people I have never faced before and without forgetting the veterans that I have raced with."

Reporter 2: "One more question about the new ST Class for Dr PiiHB. Your first race in the ST Class was cut a little short due to what the officials have ruled as a "race incident" between you and SSRT Pronebird. Would you like to comment on this?"

Dr PiiHB: "It is frustrating going into the first race of the season and only making four laps. As far as the incidents themselves are concerned, it was ruled as a racing incident. The contact occured over the first few laps, and to be honest I'm not even sure why. The racing in this series has always been close and I feel that anyone I race, I race hard. Prone was no different. We collided a few times and no matter who we felt was at fault, the officials made their decision on the matter. I will respect their decision and move on."

Reporter 3: "I will throw this one back to Raceboy77 and start off the talks about the GT/GS Class race. From the looks of your performance today, you have not missed a step since Season 8. How does it feel to be back on top of things after the between season break?"

Raceboy77: "It feels awesome. I was a little surprised at the outcome of the first race and how fast I was running. I don't think this will happen again though, I'll definitely have my work cut out for me for the rest of the season."

Reporter 4: "This is for Luongo27. You have been scratching your way on to the podium, even grabbing one at Infineon last season. Do you think switching to the RUF helped or are you getting to the point where you know these tracks like the back of your hand?"

Luongo27: "It's a little bit of both. I've ran some quirky cars the last few seasons, such as the Rossion Q1 and Mclaren GT3. Sebring was a good match in terms of car and track and, barring two to three other tracks, I don't expect I will be running quite as high up. This is my fourth season for me now and I'm getting more consistent, especially late in races, which is where these long races can sometimes prove challenging."

Reporter 5: "I will give this question to the GS Class winner SaintedPlacebo4. With this victory, you have picked up your first Forza Sports Car Series win. How easy or difficult was it to earn this win?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "It was an up and down experience. I was nervous starting on pole, and after a close call in turn five with Tommy, I had to crawl my way back. This win was easily one of the hardest drives I have ever had. However, it would not have happened if not for the incredible sportsmanship of Tommy and Dr. PiiHB."

Reporter 5: "No1 Tommy Smurf or Dr. PiiHB, can either of you two elaborate on that?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I had mixed feelings with this race result. On the positive side, both myself and DR PiiHB gave Sainted the opportunity to finish where he was before his unlucky crash with a stopped car, which took him out on lap fourty-nine, which naturally will make you feel good of allowing a fellow competitor such as Sainted to get his first win. As well as that, we had an amazing battle, one which I will never forget. I have no regrets on how I ran the race despite the fact that I could not claim my own first win.

Dr PiiHB: "The way we finished, I wish we could have run those last two laps without the collision. I'm still not sure what happened, but from what I was told a GT car had run out of gas and could not clear the racing surface. I closed a full second and a half in the two laps prior to the incident and believe I could have pulled off a victory. But as I made my move, we hit the hairpin and there sat a GT car. With nowhere to go Sainted drove right in the back of him. I wanted the win bad, but there's no way I could take a victory in that fashion. Tommy and I decided to line up one-two-three behind Sainted and followed him to the line. He drove hard Sunday and earned my respect. The victory was well earned. Either way though, its only race one and my time will come. I am looking for a few victories this season so don't get used to seeing the Nein Shiza Cadillac follow anyone across the finish line from now on."

Reporter 6: "This is for all of our drivers. How much preparation was done in the weeks prior to the race at Sebring as we had a couple weeks during the off time between Season 8 and Season 9's opening race?"

Dr PiiHB: "It was a tough race to prepare for to be honest. Between building a new car in the off season while preparing the new Cadillac in GS Class, made it pretty challenging. It definitely made for a long month."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I started Sebring about two weeks after Nurburgring. Those first few weeks were used for some well deserved rest and relaxation."

AAR GTDon: "I had about three or four sessions of about an hour each leading up to qualifying. I thought I was ready and went ahead and qualified before everyone else. What I didn't realize was that some of my on track breaking marks were washed away during the overnight rain, so I had to learn the track on the fly. That made for a fun qualifying session."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I did not do too much in terms of preperation due to other commitments until the week prior to the race itself. When I had the time, I practiced heavily going around Sebring, getting used to the Renault Megane for ST and learning where I can gain an advantage in the Aston Martin V12 Vantage."

Luongo27: "Raceday snuck up on me a little, and I really only had 30 minutes of practice before qualifying to play with the car. Luckily the crew did a great job at setting up this car. At other tracks, this may have been more of an issue but I've ran Sebring a fair amount in previous seasons and it turned out pretty well."

Raceboy77: "To be honest, Saturday before my qualifying session was when I ran my first couple laps around Sebring and then again a few times during final practice Sunday. After that, I found myself racing."

Reporter 7: "How much more preparation was needed for the ST Class cars since this class has not been run in the series before?"

Raceboy77: "I'd say a little more time was put into this build than usual since I had to explore a few possibilities. Other than that, a very similar amount."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I needed more preparation than I normally would because my ST car being a front wheel drive car, which I have rarely driven in motor racing. I did enjoy the challenge though, and it was fun driving a car so different to what I am used to."

AAR GTDon: "My car was dialed in very quickly, so there was only a moderate amount of on track preperation. In fact I got faster as the race went on."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I felt right at home as well, so it didn't take much after I found something that worked for me."

Reporter 6: "Do you guys feel that you can have the same amount of preparation at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca as you guys had here despite not having nearly a month to test and prepare the cars?"

Luongo27: "There has already been the same amount of practice with Laguna and it's only Wednesday. The RUF doesn't quite take to this track as easily as it did to Sebring, so it will need a little extra work."

Raceboy77: "I've got to make a few changes to my cars. Other than that, things will be relatively the same."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I fell that I can get about the same level of preparation as before for both the car and the track. The only difference is that I will have less time to sort out the tune setup."

AAR GTDon: "Now that I understand how the race weekends are laid out, the preparation should be very good here as well as in the races to come."

SaintedPlacebo4: "With this track being new to me, there is going to be a lot of preparation. We even got out here before Sebring since I've never raced here competitively."

Dr PiiHB: "I like to have my car dialed in for each round. I spend a lot of solo time on the track as well as with my team sharing notes and ideas on the proper line or the fastest line. By the end of the week I will usually cut around a second off of my time. Right now I've already cut about three quarters of a second off my lap at Mazda and I still have a long way to go. The Cadillac will be more than ready for Mazda. I won't be losing my opportunity at a win this week."

Moderator: "We only have time for one last question."

Reporter 8: "Are all of you guys looking forward to the infamous corkscrew at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca or are you guys worried about what some would argue is one of the most difficult turns in racing?"

Raceboy77: "I think it could make or break anyone's race. It should be interesting to see who can fly through that insane corner and who breaks under the threshold the cars face through it."

Luongo27: "I do enjoy the track, although my issue is always getting stopped at the top of the hill before the corkscrew not going through it."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I'm counting on making some fireworks happen at that corner so keep your eyes open."

AAR GTDon: "Corkscrew is fun, and always a challenge to hit correctly to gain any time. When you do it right, it's one of the best sensations in racing, and when you do it wrong, it's one of the uglliest feelings in the game."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I am looking forward to running at Laguna Seca again. I have not ran around Laguna Seca since my rookie season in FSCS, will be interesting to see how much I have improved since then. I am not afraid of the corkscrew, I am only concerned on how to maximize my potential around the corkscrew and the track in general."

Dr PiiHB: "I will not deny that the corkscrew is difficult. It's what makes Mazda Raceway unique. That being said, this is in fact my favorite tracks on the schedule. The feeling you get as you approach the peak and start down the hill is incredible. The only thing I can compare it to is if you were surfer and you just hopped up to your feet on a massive 60 foot wave and your heart hits your throat as you accelerate down the massive face of the wave. It's a truely amazing feeling that you can't get anywhere else in racing. But like I said, this is one of my favorites and that Caddy is going to be ready. Last week was a warm up and now I'm out for blood. Everyone in GS better be ready because Nein Shiza is coming. This is the beginning of a new era in GS, I will be leading a stampede of pissed off Caddys to numerous victories on our way to the team championship. It all begins at Laguna Seca this Sunday.

Moderator: Well, that was an interesting answer. Anyway, thank you for your time drivers. Good luck this week at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:57 am

WE ARE NEIN SHIZA!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 pm

As always a nice read.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:02 pm

The other two of Drake International will have something for Nien Shiza this week. I am expecting to see at least one of them in A lobby each race by the end of the season (either one). Their expected growth is more than promising. So get ready, and don't be surprised when you see yourself behind *two* Porsches
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
The other two of Drake International will have something for Nien Shiza this week. I am expecting to see at least one of them in A lobby each race by the end of the season (either one). Their expected growth is more than promising. So get ready, and don't be surprised when you see yourself behind *two* Porsches

never know Aston Martin Racing might have a surprise for both Drake International and Nien Shiza this weekend.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:02 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

never know Aston Martin Racing might have a surprise for both Drake International and Nien Shiza this weekend.

Nice. Looking forward to it. >Very Happy But we both know that this 2550~lbs Porsche will be able to get up those hills a lot nicer than a 3000lbs+ of Aston or Caddy
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:14 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

Nice. Looking forward to it. >Very Happy But we both know that this 2550~lbs Porsche will be able to get up those hills a lot nicer than a 3000lbs+ of Aston or Caddy

both the Aston and the caddy have more torque and power than your Porsche does, which should more than counter interact the weight difference, especially up hill in which torque is more important because of the pulling power required.

and our Aston Martins weigh less than 3000lbs in their current form (granted its nearly 3000lbs)

one way or another we will find out on sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Hahah true, or we could run inter-team practices
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:34 pm

No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

both the Aston and the caddy have more torque and power than your Porsche does, which should more than counter interact the weight difference, especially up hill in which torque is more important because of the pulling power required.

and our Aston Martins weigh less than 3000lbs in their current form (granted its nearly 3000lbs)

hey i understand fellas i do but for real the only compation for NSA is RPM....history in the making kids
HISTORY!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha study

....just to throw some car stats at you 611 ftlb torque 2,975lbs of top heavy american pride
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
No1 Tommy Smurf wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

hey i understand fellas i do but for real the only compation for NSA is RPM....history in the making kids
HISTORY!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha study

....just to throw some car stats at you 611 ftlb torque 2,975lbs of top heavy american pride

can i get a 590BHP limit check on this?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Either way I'm nearly 3200lb and only 570hp. Just saying my way out matched caddy is kicking some way over classed Porsche and Aston @$$. Nein Shiza!
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
Either way I'm nearly 3200lb and only 570hp. Just saying my way out matched caddy is kicking some way over classed Porsche and Aston @$$. Nein Shiza!

You have over 150 more horsepower dont think you are so high and mighty ;D
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Dr PiiHB wrote:

You have over 150 more horsepower dont think you are so high and mighty ;D

...And ~25 less PI. But that doesn't matter right?
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Haha 22 to be exact, and who said that a car with 650 runs the same exact tiems as another with 650. leader board cars are proof. Smile either way, ill most likely place well again and then lose more pi.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:57 pm

You are absolutely right. That Porsche should kick caddy booty at same pi as should the Aston. I've driven both and they are both superior cars.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Hate to interrupt this good back and forth between you guys, but I've got to get this week's interview up.

----------------------------------------

THF dvsSublime Interview

Kamikaze: "Today, we have with us THF dvsSublime. This consistant driver has been hovering toward the top of his class each season and with the past race at Sebring, shows us no different. Thank you for taking some time out of your busy schedule Sublime."

THF dvsSublime: "Yeah, no problem. Thank you for having me."

K: "So just out of curiosity, how long have you been racing in the Forza Sports Car Series again?"

Td: "I started racing in the FSCS during Season 6, about three races in."

K: "What were you doing before that, racing wise?"

Td: "Actually, the FSCS was the first competitive league that I took part in. I've grown to love it over the seasons that I have driven in it and have used this as a base point to branch out to other racing leagues."

K: "Well, it's good that you've found a home here in the FSCS."

Td: "Yeah, I'd like to think so. There are some exceptional drivers and I can always find good racing here."

K: "I've noticed that you are back in the RUF again this season just like the seasons before, instead of the more well known Porsche. Technically speaking, both cars are Porsches, but what makes the RUF different that draws you toward their line of cars rather than sticking with the factory Porsche?"

Td: "It was a really tough decision to go with the RUF over a Porsche. I ran the RUF for all of Season 6, 8, and now Season 9. We ran the RUF the first half of Season 7, but after Le Mans the team decided to switch to the Porsche 911 GT2 RS for the remainder of Season 7 to give it a try. To be honest both cars are very similar to each other performance wise. Both have almost identical top speed, handling, low weight, and acceleration. But the big deciding factor was the braking. Although the Porsche’s and RUF’s braking starts are almost exact, the RUF has that extra bite that the team felt the Porsche didn’t. Being that I run a Porsche 911 RSR in the Realistic Racing American Le Mans Series, helping me gain the Season 1 Championship, and a Porsche Cup Car in the Realistic Racing IMSA Cup Series, I felt that I represented Porsche well enough to keep my close ties with them and still be able to run a RUF in the Forza Sports Car Series."

K: "Since you've ran the RUF in so many seasons, how much of that data was taken from the previous setups used then to help qualify your RUF so high at Sebring this season?"

Td: "Almost all of the data from the previous seasons have been used to help the car progress and keep up with the evolving GT field. Cars get quicker and quicker every season, so all the data we could get is used and fine-tuned to get the best car out on the grid."

K: "So can I assume that you didn't have to put as much time into the car as maybe some other teams?"

Td: "Actually, preparation for Sebring began almost right after Nürburgring and continued all the way up to qualifying a couple of hours before the race. Sebring is one of those races that you really want to shine at and finish well in to carry that positive momentum for the rest of the season. So a lot of time and effort was put into the car to get it ready."

K: "Well, you definitely got the car in a good starting spot after qualifying, but you seem to have faded through the race."

Td: "Well, right from the drop of the green flag the car felt really stable and really comfortable. I was able to push the car really quick to start chasing down the Ferrari. I started P2 but around lap four or five the Ferrari lost its rhythm for about a lap which gave me an opening to make my move and I did. I held P1 for about a lap or two until I went off at the hair pin. I started turning in like usual, clipped the apex and half way through the car just stopped turning and went off drivers left. That gave Raceboy and my teammate Luongo the chance to get by. Next time around I went into the pits to make sure everything was okay with the car when I came out after the extra pit stop I was P6."

K: "It seems that extra pit stop cost you, but other than that mistake, you ran a fairly consistant race."

Td: "Yeah, the RUF works really well at Sebring."

K: "Despite this rough start, no pun intended, do you think you will be as strong at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Road America to finish out the pre-Christmas races toward the top of the standings?"

Td: "Absolutely. Both Laguna Seca and Road America are team favorites and are two of the tracks throughout the season we look forward to driving. Luongo and I have

very high expectations for those two tracks. We have a lot of good data from previous seasons as well as some testing we’ve done and we’re pretty close to having the car at the level we want it at. We just got to go out there keep the cars clean, stay consistent, and drive the way we know how to drive."

K: "Well, I'm sure the racers out there as well as the Flying Lizard Racing fans will be looking for you toward the top of the field."

Td: "That's the idea."

K: "One quick question before we leave. I've noticed that you and Luongo are the only two drivers out there for your team. Do you plan on rectifying that?"

Td: "We still have a RUF tuned and painted back at the shop if any drivers out there are interested. Feel free to contact myself or Luongo for more info. We hope that we can fill that spot with a quality driver and give ourselves a better chance at the Team Championship this season."

K: "Hopefully you can get that spot filled. It looks as if Flying Lizard Racing's RUFs will be tough to beat this season. Good luck with next week's race at Mazda Raceway, Sublime."

Td: "Thank you very much and thank you for having me today."

K: "No problem and thank you for coming."
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Due to my finals being last week, I was not able to post the Post-Race Conference or the Interview from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. I will instead post them at the same time that I post the Post-Race Conference and Interview from Road America. All of these should be up by Friday at the latest. Stay tuned for more information.
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze1414

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Sorry that it took so long to post these Interviews and Post-Race Press Conferences. My break has lasted a little longer than I expected and I didn't really get around to doing these until now. So without further ado, here is the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Road America Post-Race Press Conference as well as an interview with GS driver RAFT No Brakes.

-------------------------------------

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Post-Race Press Conference

Drivers in Attendance: Ezt Gambit, DTM Sn1p3r, Raceboy77, No1 Tommy Smurf, Matthnt, SaintedPlacebo4, AAR GTDon, and AAR ABEnstein

Moderator: "Hey guys. We are here after the Forza Sports Car Series race from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Today we have our class winners Ezt Gambit and No1 Tommy Smurf, as well as GT drivers, DTM Sn1p3r and Raceboy77, GS drivers, Matthnt and SaintedPlacebo4, and ST exclusive drivers and rookies, AAR GTDon and AAR ABEnstein. Today we are running a bit late, so we will go ahead and start right away. Go ahead and fire away reporters."

Reporter 1: "First question is for the ST Class winner Ezt Gambit. You have gone back-to-back with two wins at Sebring and here at Mazda Raceway. How likely is it that we will see three in a row at Road America?"

Ezt Gambit: "It may be possible to do it in the ST Class depending on GTDon's performance next week. He has a car that can win it every week."

Reporter 1: "Can you make a run away performance like last season in the GS Class where you held the standings for nearly half of the season?"

Ezt Gambit: "Unless two or three pilots have bad luck like last season, there is no chance for a runaway performance."

Reporter 2: "I'll pass off the next question to AAR GTDon. You missed winning the first two races by just a hair. Can you attribute this week's second place finish to anything on the track?"

AAR GTDon: "Yeah, two too many bad shifts. The Speedster was dialed in for the win at Laguna, perhaps its best track of the series. But at this level of competition, even a slight loss of performance can add multiple tenths to your lap times. I lost about five-tenths a lap half way through, and that is all it took for EZT Gambit to close the wide gap I had for the lead. High praise to Gambit, he is rated number two on the IFCA international Forza ratings list, and is a tough driver to beat no matter what car you are in."

Reporter 3: "This is for AAR ABEnstein. You, like your club mate AAR GTDon, have come out of the gates strong in ST. Was there a reason why you could not make the season opener at Sebring International Raceway and be in a better position to race for the ST Championship?"

AAR ABEnstein: "To be honest, I didn't read the thing that said, "Sign-ups close at five o'clock Pacific Standard Time before the first race.". I would have loved to be in it at Sebring. I had been talking to Don about joining him as a team since he posted his intentions at the IFCA, and it was just a new-to-the-website mistake."

Reporter 4: "Quick question for all of the ST drivers. With a more technical track like Mazda Raceway, was it more/less difficult to prepare the ST cars in comparison to Sebring?"

AAR ABEnstein: "Of course I didn't drive Sebring, but Mazda Raceway was a bit of a challenge, even with Don's expertise. The Opel had that "to-good-to-be-true" type of feeling. I had to adjust some things to make it more 'honest'."

AAR GTDon: "It was a bit easier simply because the Speedster is more of a handling car. It struggles on speed tracks like Sebring, and now going to Road America. And being down graded yet again, the Opel will not be a threat to the leaders for the foreseable future."

Ezt Gambit: "In ST, the cars are confortable to drive on any track."

Reporter 4: "And what about our other non-top three ST drivers?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "Difficulty wise I found Laguna Seca easier to make my car effective around the circuit for ST, due to the car favours more handling focused circuit like Laguna Seca."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I think it was easier because it flowed better. That and the fact that laps don't take as long meant I was able to hone in on the areas that I need to pick up time in."

Raceboy77: "I think that it provided a much different challenge to prepare the cars for Seca. The suspension setup is much different and takes some time to work out in order to survive the corkscrew."

Reporter 5: "This is for DTM Sn1p3r. Based on Ezt Gambit's performance last season and the start of this one, it is no suprise that he is off to a quick start. As his teammate, are you getting a lot of help from Ezt Gambit or are you just as naturally fast as he is?"

DTM Sn1p3r: "Gambit and I are about equally as fast. He does help out with breaking points, however."

Reporter 5: "Well, your speed sure showed. You outfinished Raceboy77, even if just barely, at Mazda Raceway. How did you manage to hold him off."

DTM Sn1p3r: "It is mainly on the straights after the last turns that I took one-hundred feet on Raceboy."

Reporter 6: "I'll continue with Raceboy77. Even though you ran well, it must be tough finishing in third, especially to two teammates. Was there any part of the track that you were having trouble with that allowed them to get ahead or did they just run a faster race?"

Raceboy77: "Every corner exit and straightaway I saw those Zondas disappearing. My only shot was to catch up in the corners and hope that they made mistakes. I don't mind a third place finish though, solid finishes keep you in the running for a championship."

Reporter 7: "This question is for Ezt Gambit as well as Raceboy77. By trading first and third between Sebring and here at Mazda Raceway, both of you sit on top of the GT Championship leaderboard. What edge do you think you have over each other in your respective cars?"

Raceboy77: "Gambit's got me out of corners, the torque from that Zonda shoots him out of them. Other than that, my car has a bit more top end. The battles between us should be interesting, we both know tracks where one of us should dominate over the other."

Ezt Gambit: "It is sad to say that but right now the F50 has the edge on the Pagani. If we look at the entire championship, with current PI, the only to tracks where I have a edge are Laguna and Infeneon, where the Pagani has more agility and torque. The F50 is faster on any other track. It would be cool if the PI adjustements allow me to have a little bit more edge on Laguna and Infineon, allow the edge to go the F50 on Le Mans and Nordchleife, and let us fight on all the other tracks. But the F50 had the edge on Sebring and it is the same in Road America. But the system doesn't mind about the tracks we just raced on and what car should be better on which track."

Reporter 8: "My next question will be for No1 Tommy Smurf. Even though you could not capture your first win at the season opener at Sebring, you came out strong here and took a commanding race victory. Congratulations on that by the way. Now, how does it feel to get your first win off your back and focus more on the GS Championship?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "Thank you, it still has not sunk in that I have now won a race and it will definitely take time to adjust to being a race winner and contender. This week especially since I was not expecting to be as competitive here. Nevertheless I am over the moon for achieving this in Forza Sports Car Series, if it weren't for all the help I have got along the way from fellow racing team RPM Racing, I doubt I would be hear celebrating my first win.

On the championship front it has given me more drive to push for the championship, because I used to have some doubt over my abilities in racing especially with opportunities I have had to win since Season 7. To finally have that win under my belt has given me much more confidence in my ability and I will be more surefooted in every move I make in racing."

Reporter 9: "I'm going to give this question to Matthnt. He's been pretty quiet for this whole press conference. After a decent start at Sebring, you have found your way back to the podium. If you had to choose between last season's Aston Martin V12 Vantage or this season's Aston Martin DBS, which would you choose to bring you to the top spot?"

Matthnt: "Both cars are very similar, but if I had to chose one or the other I'd stick with the DBS. I think it accelerates quicker than the Vantage but the Vantage with its more aerodynamic body has more top end speed. Also, thanks for remembering that I'm here despite not racing in ST or GT."

Reporter 10: "Well, sorry for switching right back off of you Matthnt, but I'm going to send the next question back to No1 Tommy Smurf and SaintedPlacebo4."

Matthnt: "Yeah, that's all right."

Reporter 10: "You have both grabbed the top spot just like Ezt Gambit and Raceboy77 have done in GT. Will the racing be more strategic in terms of looking out for where the other driver is in the field?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I will be focusing on my own race and try to maximize my points on the board at this point of the season, because there is too many drivers that have a real shot at winning the championship this season and if you focus too much on one driver you will likely miss the other driver you forgot has a real shot at winning the championship. Mistakes such as that can cost you both wins and the championship."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I have already been trying to figure out where I can finish and who I need to be in front of in order to stay on top. I think that I have it worked out but there will always be a different result come race day. I think a lot of this will come down to luck and staying clean. That's my strategy."

Reporter 11: "This will be for everyone but AAR GTDon and AAR ABEnstein. I hope you guys do not mind, but you guys are not in the running for the FSCS Team Championship. At this point, the team standings are very close and can lean either way for any team. At what point during the season will we see a team break away from the pack and put a good point margin between their team and the rest of the field?

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I imagine we will see the top runners for the team championship around the half way point, which is at Sunset Peninsula and Le Mans. Just do not ask me to bet on who will be leading, I would most likely be wrong."

Matthnt: "I agree with Tommy, I think after Le Mans we will see some separation between the top teams."

Raceboy77: "I don't think that there will be any point where a team breaks away. It all depends on consistency in my opinion. As long as a team puts up consistent high finishes and everyone completes the race, they'll be in the running."

DTM Sn1p3r: "It's going to be tight the entire season. No doubt about it."

Reporter 11: "Do you think there is an advantage between two-car and three-car teams?"

Raceboy77: "Having a third driver has obvious advantages, but I do believe that if two people on a team were able to finish in the top five to seven in each race, they'd be in the running for a team championship."

Ezt Gambit: "The advantage of being a three-car team is that if one of us crashes we still have two good results. Because of that, I think it is going to be tight all the way."

Matthnt: "A two person team can win the championship. I've done it before, but having a three person team is better because you can get six extra points a race and that will make a two person team have to work harder to try and make up that point differential."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "I do believe three driver teams do have an advantage in the long run, because if one driver has to retire or something goes wrong, the team will have an extra driver to pick up the slack. However certain teams it makes no difference because there are drivers that are consistent enough they do not require a third driver."

SaintedPlacebo4: "Two or three drivers really isn't a problem in my opinion. It's the things you can't control like the guys in GT since I have no control over where they finish. Other than that I think I will have strong finish this season."

Moderator: "Sorry to interupt the question and answer session, but we are running short on time due to our late start this week. The next question will be the final question."

Reporter 12: "Well, in that case, the last question will be for everyone. With next week being at Road America, one of the larger tracks with longer straits and less technical turns, will the cars that have less horsepower have a disadvantage or can they hang in there with the faster cars?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "The next track will favour the more powerful cars and punish the less powerful cars. I believe for the less powerful cars it is a race that requires damage limitation rather than race winning opportunities."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I'll say it right now, there's no way barring a small miracle, that I will have a good showing here. The straights are too much for me to overcome and those Astons are too all around to let me gain on them in the few technical corners. I expect to finish top five but who knows if I'll even make that. In ST, I see myself doing really well. But yes, the cars with less horsepower will suffer here."

AAR GTDon: "Oh yes, I think cars like the Opel will have problems next week compared to the cars with more horses, like Gambit's Mustang.

AAR ABEnstein: "There is not a chance that slower cars will be fast. Even at my origianl PI of 520, the Speedster would have been lacking as expected, but now down to a 514, it needs to stay out of the way of the faster cars. Period."

Ezt Gambit: "I find myself in agreement with ABEnstein. They should be able to hang in, but it all depends on the PI."

Raceboy77: "It is not so much the car, but instead, it all depends on the driver. A good driver can make almost any car competitive. That being said, the faster cars have a bit of an obvious advantage, but they still have to make it through the handling section of the track. Road America should be an interesting race."

DTM Sn1p3r: "That is exactly right. The drivers make the different, not the car."

Moderator: "Thank you very much everyone. With the end of this press conference, we will see you guys next week at Road America. Good luck and see you guys there."

Road America - Post-Race Press Conference

Drivers in Attendance: Ezt Gambit, Luongo27, No1 Tommy Smurf, SaintedPlacebo4, and PredatorUSMC

Moderator: "Welcome everyone to the Post-Race Press Conference from Road America. We are missing a couple of drivers here today due to the holidays, but with us today are Ezt Gambit, Luongo27, No1 Tommy Smurf, SaintedPlacebo4, and PredatorUSMC. Once again, it is very nice to have you guys. We will start with our usual thirty minute question and answer session. With that note, let us begin."

Reporter 1: "I would like to start with Ezt Gambit. You were the lead Mustang with many of the other Mustang drivers carving their way through the field in the ST Class. Do you feel that the Mustang had an advantage here at Road America, or was it no different than any other week?"

Ezt Gambit: "I thought at the beginning of the season that the Mustang was going to be the fastest on Road America, but Raceboy suprised me in his Nissan."

Reporter 2: "For PredatorUSMC. It would seem after two weeks of wrestling and getting used to the BMW, you have got it down and under control. Does this mean we will start seeing more podium finishes in the ST Class from you?"

PredatorUSMC: "The E36 M3 may be one of the older cars currently on the track, but it is one of the best. It took me a while to get a better feel for the car but I think as I spend more time with the 'Bimmer' I will be fighting for some more podiums."

Reporter 3: "Quick question for all of the ST drivers. With that "new car smell" feeling nearly over with the ST Class, do you think that the competition will ramp up even more after the break due to the comfort level with these cars and to the close quarters racing?"

PredatorUSMC: "I think its already pretty tight. I think as we get deeper into the season there will be less give and more take on track."

Ezt Gambit: "I'm in agreement there. I think we will see some good fights until the end."

SaintedPlacebo4: "Well, it seems to me that I get more and more comfortable each race. Road America was just a bit of bad luck as information wasn't dealt out right and the suspension tune was really off. I look to get more consistent as the season progresses, just as much as other drivers are."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "To be honest, I am doubtful the competition levels will increase much more than they already are at currently. They will either stay the same or as tradition with all racing series such as Forza Sports Car Series, we will see people dropping out with varying reasons and our championship runners will be much more clear."

Reporter 4: "I am going back to Ezt Gambit with this question for his GT car. You raced up from seventh to second as the race wound on at Road America. That is quite a feat considering the caliber of drivers in the field. How difficult was it to weave through the drivers to get to the front?"

Ezt Gambit: "It wasn't too hard because a lot of the passing was done through my pitting strategy. I had to fight a little a couple of laps with Luongo who had a lot more accelaration then me, but his car is much more difficult to drive in the turns so I had to wait for a mistake to pass."

Reporter 5: "With that, I will ask Luongo27 the next question. With this being your second posdium finish this season, is it difficult knowing that you are so close to getting the race victory but you cannot quite get it or are you satisfyed enough knowing that you are running consistently enough to keep getting those podium finishes?"

Luongo27: "I'm very happy with the results I have collected so far. A win would just be extra gravy at this point. I try to stay out of trouble and pick up the points as a general rule of thumb, but my two favorite tracks are yet to come so never say never."

Reporter 6: "Quick question for No1 Tommy Smurf. You said before that consistency was the key here in winning the GS Class. Obviously you have not won the championship yet, but ou do hold a five point lead over second place, SaintedPlacebo4. How high is your confidence/comfort level with your performance so far this season as you head into the break?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "My confidence levels have never been higher since racing in Forza Sports Car Series, espeially with the recent performances I have had so far this season. The only way my confidence levels coud improve further is with another race win. Or maybe not just one but more."

Reporter 6: "Can I continue with SaintedPlacebo4? After picking up your first win at Sebring and then two subsequent third place finishes, you are hanging in the points race right behind No1 Tommy Smurf. With the season being three races in, what do you think needs improvement for you to make up that five point gap?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "It's quite a battle and I hope to consistently finish well as well as finish every race. If I can continue to do that, then this season will look good. As for recovering those five poitns, I'm not very worried. I think that I will just stay clean and safe until Tommy slips up."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "Don't bank on that."

SaintedPlacebo4: "Either way, I'm not going to risk my neck this early into the season. I'm more suprised that I have made it through every race clean to this point."

Reporter 7: "This is for Ezt Gambit, No1 Tommy Smurf, and SaintedPlacebo4. With your three teams in the top four spots in the FSCS Team Championship there is no room for error. What are some adjustments your teams are looking at going into the races following the break?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "My main concern is helping get my teammates driving more consistently as well as getting them to finish a bit higher. It should be interesting to see how things shape up now that Duty and Monette are running close as well as Qlutch and Max in ST. I think by the end of the season, they will only get better."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "With Aston Martin Racing, we will be refreshing our batteries over the break mostly and get back to practicing closer to the actual race itself. We are looking at improving all our drivers in terms of performance, myself included. But like I said, we are going to be using the break for some much needed rest and relaxation since this is going to be such a long and tiring season as we get closer to the end."

Ezt Gambit: "Just rest for us as well. Our tunes for the Pagani at Indianapolis should be quite the same as Road America, so we will be using the time to cool off as well."

Reporter 8: "This is for Luongo27. Your team is fifth in the Team Standings. As the only two-man team in the top five, is not having that third driver hurting your chances at the FSCS Team Championship?"

Luongo27: "I didn't even realize we were at a disadvantage until Sublime told me last week. It hurts a little bit now, but it will become more noticeable as the season progresses. Maybe you could take over the third spot on our team? We would sure love one at this point."

Reporter 8: "That is a good joke for the ages. I cannot compete high enough to help you guys out."

Luongo27: "Offer still stands or if anyone else is looking for a good team, we still need that driver."

Reporter 9: "Maybe I will take a shot at that later down the road. Anyway, my next question is for everyone here. With three races out of the way, we are nearly halfway done with the American portion of the schedule. What are you looking forward to the most with the remainder of the American tracks or the second half's international circuits?"

Luongo27: "I am glad to see my home race at Silverstone is back on the schedule. The track itself is only about an hour away from me. The final third of the calender is packed with tracks that I really like, so I'm looking for a strong finish to the season this time around."

Ezt Gambit: "I can't wait to feel the torque of the Pagani on Infineon. The next race at Indianapolis poses a bit of a challenge for us since we have no top end speed. I am slo pretty confident when we hit Nurburgring's Grand Prix circuit later on as well."

No1 Tommy Smurf: "On the American circuit front, I am looking forward to Road America. It's a track that is gives a good balance between cars with its equal amounts of high speed corners, technical corners, and long straights. All of this will make for a very fun and exciting race. Internationally, naturally I am looking forward to my home grand prix at Silverstone and I am excited for running at Suzuka. And of course, we cannot forget the fun and challenge of racing at both pieces of the Nurburgring."

SaintedPlacebo4: "I don't have much love for the American circuits actually. My favorite tracks are not goin to come in until the end of the season. I think this bodes well for a late season hurrah and a jump in points."

PredatorUSMC: "I am just looking to get back to better results on the upcoming tracks. The only track I was not looking forward to this season was Laguna Seca, but now tht the track is behind me, I am eagerly looking towards each track with the single goal in mind of getting the #54 Predatory Racing Ferrari back to the front."

Moderator: "We are running out of time, and in a different fashion of ending today, I would like to ask the drivers what they plan on doing over the break. Let's start with you PredatorUSMC."

PredatorUSMC: "I have a few things I want to work on for the series but I am looking forward to some down time with the family. I will still be lurking around and having test sessions, don't you worry about that. I want what was taken from me last season."

Moderator: "How about you, SaintedPlacebo4?"

SaintedPlacebo4: "I plan on playing around with the car and heading over to Le Mans for some practice. Despite it being so far away, Le Mans is easily my worst track. I finished second to last, last season. But of course, the holidays will be spent relaxing.

Moderator: "No1 Tommy Smurf, Ezt Gambit, how about you two?"

No1 Tommy Smurf: "For me, it's a break with seeing friends I have not seen for a long period of time. Some rest and relaxation. Sadly, I do have to do some studying as well for my university during the break. And yes, it is as thrilling as it sounds."

Ezt Gambit: "Well, it is winter in Canada. I will be playing hockey and taking a brake from racing."

Moderator: "And finally you, Luongo27?"

Luongo27: "I am running well at Indy already, so I'll be enjoying a nice laid back break."

Moderator: "Well, thank you very much everyone. With the break here, we are not going to be back until January sixth at Indianapolis. I want to wish everyone a nice break, a good holidays, and a happy New Years. See everyone in 2013."

RAFT No Brakes Interview

Kamikaze: "Today we have the hard working RAFT No Brakes with us here today. This season he is racing for RPM Racing the Aston Martin DBS. Thank you for joining us today No Brakes."

RAFT No Brakes: "It was my pleasure."

K: "You by far are one of the series's main stay drivers. You have been racing in the Forza Sports Car Series for four seasons now since Season 5. Over the course of these seasons, what are the biggest changes you have seen between when you have joined and now in Season 9?"

RNB: "I think the biggest change has been going from a series that was only GT to a multi-class series."

K: "That is true. Between Season 6 and Season 7 we saw the introduction of the GS class, the one you are racing in, as well as the introduction of the ST Class in Season 9."

RNB: "Yeah, those would be the ones."

K: "Over the course of your racing career, you have been very consistent by scoring top tens in most every race. Is RAFT a big part of that success?"

RNB: "While RAFT has technically been disbanded and is morphing into something else, being in RAFT has helped a lot becuase of the drviers from RAFT that race in the series. With the numerous RAFT guys here, it's not hard to find someone to practice with if and when I want to."

K: "How did you first get involved with the soon to be defunct RAFT?"

RNB: "Hired started RAFT and I was still friends with Hired from LBAW. When LBAW folded, I joined Hired here at RAFT."

K: "So with all of that history, as well as taking the FSCS Team Championship with RAFT Racing in Season 7, you guys have still decided to disband RAFT and go your separate ways. What, in your opinion, was the leading reason behind this?"

RNB: "The main decision to split up was the car and class choice. Kurt and I wanted to stay in GT while Hired was looking more into the GTC, or now GS, side of things. But I'm back with Hired now and have Matt as a teammate as well. We look to have another strong team this season."

K: "It also would seem that RAFT Kurtman did not make a return this season, did he?"

RNB: "No, it would seem that he did not."

K: "If you do not mind, I would like to go back to the first race this season at Sebring. You barely were able to make it out on the track before having to retire the car only five laps in. What went wrong?"

RNB: "Yeah, my engine blew up pretty quickly at Sebring, probably from putting in so many practice laps on the car before the race."

K: "That may be true, but you did quickly turn your race around at Mazda Raceway this past week. You only missed the podium spot by about half a minute. Is your crew working hard to get you that podium at Road America?"

RNB: "Yeah, we are working hard, but with some people having so much PI I won't be a contender here at Road America. I just can't keep up on the straights."

K: "Well, we are almost out of time and I don't want to take away any more of your practice time here at Road America. Are there any final thoughts that you would like to add for our viewers or fellow competitors?"

RNB: "Nothing much to add. I'll just see you guys on the track."

K: "Thank you for your time, once again No Brakes."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews   Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Press Conferences and Interviews
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next