Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

International Ratings

Go down 
+7
Dr PiiHB
Admin/PredatorUSMC
jpnvr4
SaintedPlacebo4
Raceboy77
OLDFenderBender
AAR GTDon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthnt

International Ratings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:00 pm

So these rankings are based on results from the last race and don't include "body of work"? I'm just trying to figure out how I go from 8th to 60something by getting 7th (in a race I had no chance of winning). I think I should be ahead of anyone in the GS class since I'm leading the points and have the most race victories
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Lol 40's make sense. Matt I just don't really pay much attention to them really but it does make for some humor Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 3:31 pm

I have yet to figure it out also
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Same, last week i believe i was mid 30s after a 2nd place finish, i finished 3rd this week and im in the 90s
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Even if it did make sense, it doesn't take into account the fact that our cars are very different and different PI.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 pm

LOL, your an analytical bunch aren't ya.
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Matthnt wrote:
So these rankings are based on results from the last race and don't include "body of work"? I'm just trying to figure out how I go from 8th to 60something by getting 7th (in a race I had no chance of winning). I think I should be ahead of anyone in the GS class since I'm leading the points and have the most race victories

lol, a lot of funny talk here. Guys, you are not the only ones being rated. There are 7 different leagues being rated throughout the week. Your ranking can go up or down even if your rating stays the same because of everyone elses changing ratings. There are new drivers being added every week too.

Ratings are purely based on your performance relative to those you race with. Matthnt, in ST you failed to finish in first place as the computer predicted you should have based on the fact that you were the highest rated driver in the race. Worse still you let hiredgun beat you who was rated 162 points below you and was only expected to finish 5th. But he did well, and got 2nd, and you got 3rd. This costed you 49 ratings points before your next race in GS class. Hiredgun gained 79 points for doing so well and beating a signifcantly higher rated driver, YOU. lol

In GS Class you were still the highest rated driver, and predicted by virtue of this high rating to finish 1st. And guess what? You had a horrible outing and finished 7th! Ouch! Not so bad if the other drivers were rated about the same as you, but, with the exception of hiredgun, everyone who beat you were all rated far lower than you were. You lost big for allowing that to happen -105 points dropping you to a rating of 2257 from a high of 2411.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:46 pm

I just think that it doesn't work when everyone's sitting at significantly different PI's but either way, I don't really care lol.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Raceboy77 wrote:
Even if it did make sense, it doesn't take into account the fact that our cars are very different and different PI.

lol, and this from the guy who said last week all the cars were relatively equal especially my Speedster? lol You need to make up your mind Raceboy.

The cars are not as equal as a spec series I admit, and do have advantages from one track to another, but the assumption is, over the course of the entire season and with the adjusted P.I. system equality will be assured in the end.

The computer ratings never need to consider what cars are in a series or their relative advantages or disadvantages. It isn't measuring the cars, it is measuring the drivers of the cars. If you picked an inferior car to compete in, that's on you. If you decided to get into a series where the cars were unequal, guess what? That's on you too. Best advice is, if you think a rated series isn't fair because the cars are better than yours, get out of it.

I can tell you this, as the year moves on, many people will be more discriminating as to what rated series they enter including me. I race in 8 different events per week right now, and not all of them are best suited to my driving skill or style. I do it to gain experience, and because the year is young, it matters not what my rating is right now. It will go up and down as it should, but once we reach about the half way point in May, I will be focusing only on those events that I consider are the best for me to maintain or gain ratings points, and hence rank.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:01 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

lol, and this from the guy who said last week all the cars were relatively equal especially my Speedster? lol You need to make up your mind Raceboy.

The cars are not as equal as a spec series I admit, and do have advantages from one track to another, but the assumption is, over the course of the entire season and with the adjusted P.I. system equality will be assured in the end.

The computer ratings never need to consider what cars are in a series or their relative advantages or disadvantages. It isn't measuring the cars, it is measuring the drivers of the cars. If you picked an inferior car to compete in, that's on you. If you decided to get into a series where the cars were unequal, guess what? That's on you too. Best advice is, if you think a rated series isn't fair because the cars are better than yours, get out of it.

I can tell you this, as the year moves on, many people will be more discriminating as to what rated series they enter including me. I race in 8 different events per week right now, and not all of them are best suited to my driving skill or style. I do it to gain experience, and because the year is young, it matters not what my rating is right now. It will go up and down as it should, but once we reach about the half way point in May, I will be focusing only on those events that I consider are the best for me to maintain or gain ratings points, and hence rank.
so in may you would have us leave fscs to race on your site? because this is a one league site does that mean you will leave ?....i could give a boo boo either way just saying that when you and fscs joined it was never brought up that EVERYTHING on track wasnt taking in to account for the rankins
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:10 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
AAR GTDon wrote:
Raceboy77 wrote:

so in may you would have us leave fscs to race on your site? because this is a one league site does that mean you will leave ?....i could give a boo boo either way just saying that when you and fscs joined it was never brought up that EVERYTHING on track wasnt taking in to account for the rankins

Not at all, you can do what you like. FSCS will no doubt still be a rated event. But if you are going to cry foul (and I'm not) that the cars are not equal or the format isn't equal, maybe you should move on to one of the other 12 rated series events that are out there that you feel may be better for you and your chances.
Back to top Go down
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Fxxk ranks, keep racing fun!

On a separate note... Virtual Motorsports has the biggest of the big names in sim/FM racing. If there is a competitive place to be, its THERE. They offer moniez. And unicorns! Oh and T10 DLC codes.
Wanna lil' girl about this kinda stuff, do it there where it actually means half a Boo boo.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 pm

BVR Swan wrote:
Fxxk ranks, keep racing fun!

On a separate note... Virtual Motorsports has the biggest of the big names in sim/FM racing. If there is a competitive place to be, its THERE. They offer moniez. And unicorns! Oh and T10 DLC codes.
Wanna lil' girl about this kinda stuff, do it there where it actually means half a Boo boo.

...and we rate them too.
Back to top Go down
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Exactly my point.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:09 pm

I used to race at VM but those guys got a lot of bad rep... lots of talk about modded cars and other sly dealings on that site. i started there but half a season into their hatch league i left and came here where i feel like i fit better. VM might be one of the largest if not the largest racing associations on forza, but that doesnt make it the best. Kind of like walmart... its large but still sells crappy albeit very cheap products.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
I used to race at VM but those guys got a lot of bad rep... lots of talk about modded cars and other sly dealings on that site. i started there but half a season into their hatch league i left and came here where i feel like i fit better. VM might be one of the largest if not the largest racing associations on forza, but that doesnt make it the best. Kind of like walmart... its large but still sells crappy albeit very cheap products.

I think I will take that as a compliment. Very Happy I or the series don't get many of those Mostly complaints
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

I think I will take that as a compliment. Very Happy I or the series don't get many of those Mostly complaints

It is a compliment Smile
Back to top Go down
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:53 am

Welp where there are more people, there is more [opportunity for] corruption. 1 in 100 here and 10 in 1000 there are the same statistically yet still visibly more.
Back to top Go down
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:55 am

Also their prizes are well more than enough to encourage cheating. Sad
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 am

BVR Swan wrote:
Welp where there are more people, there is more [opportunity for] corruption. 1 in 100 here and 10 in 1000 there are the same statistically yet still visibly more.

This is true, and yet, when they were offerred to be given the list of known cheaters, some of whom compete in their series, they declined. We keep a secret list that is shared between leagues that names cheaters, trouble makers, and those that appear to be. This sort of cross-league cooperation enables us to police the league community and keep things clean and fun for the rest of us. VM's attitude (for whatever reason) is that they and their members are above this, and are in no need of such a list.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

Maybe they don't care and welcome the cheaters.
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:13 pm

just a joke, i don't pay attention to it, my opinion only Smile.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:38 pm

lol they are like any "successful" organization. they rather pretend it doesnt exist rather than make a stink and spoil their name.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon

AAR GTDon

PostSubject: HUGE update!   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:24 am

Back to top Go down
Swan

Swan

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 am

They are elitists. And rightfully so. They do have some of the most forza famous racers and clans. However those types turn a blind eye generally because it detracts from their lime light. Can't be reputable if you work for an irreputable company right? As backwards as it sounds, they turm the blind eye because it improves ratings to simply keep in the competition instead of cutting numbers. A funny thing, humanity is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Ratings   International Ratings - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Ratings
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next