Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Go down 
+27
bigdutyDMomoney
jeckel4438
AAR GTDon
XMan4299
CThompson17
THF dvsSublime
Basicblaq
Blahzay xxl
JumpInTheFire88
QlutchElectro
ox FASTLANE xo
lukemad9999
OLDFenderBender
jpnvr4
KikRox268
HUGH B 006
White79bu
Dr PiiHB
Matthnt
Raceboy77
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Maxximilllion
Basticular
No1 Tommy Smurf
SaintedPlacebo4
Warpig2011
Admin/PredatorUSMC
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
THF dvsSublime

THF dvsSublime

Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 pm

jeckel4438 wrote:
SO fanatec can blow me! 150 MPH into a wall is not cool because I loose connectivity to the wheel at lap 35.

That wouldn't of happened in the RUF Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
@Raceboy and Sn1per, I dove into the sticky stuff on the inside of the cork when i realized i was going to end up in the middle of an accident if i didnt lol. good thing i did because that last section was awesome to watch lol raceboy had the inside on the downhill for a few seconds.

that was sketchy as hell lol, i probably could have done something stupid and gotten by somehow but i wasn't about to risk it. i didn't have enough speed goin down that hill and he had that torque out of the corner and i knew it was over by then :p
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:17 pm

had a good race with trying to make sure matt does not get close enough to attempt a pass on me and glad that I managed to hold him off and hopefully it counts as a win (hopefully no penalties) and definitely caused me to push to the max all race and was so relieved I crossed the line ahead.

I am sorry for the bad start I was waiting for someone to say 'GS clear' but nobody said anything and I heard someone say go go go so I went for it, but totally forgot I am the one in control (never been in the situation since I joined FSCS) I am sorry if that caused any issues for anyone (I do not think it caused any problems, but if it did i am very sorry)
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Laguna Seca....I am on my way to plant explosives in key locations around the property! Gonna be like "Dark Knight Rises" when I hit the button! Then I am gonna threaten Turn 10's D. Greenwalt with bodily harm if Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca makes it's way into Forza 5! This was THE WOOOOOORRRRST! ST...already commented on that race. GT, well it actually started out pretty good. I was able to get up ot 7th on Andretti Hairpin when SpeedDemon69 went wide and left the door open. I said thank you and proceeded on my merry way. I was then looking to make a move on Sublime to go for 6th place! I made a perfect move on the corkscrew but couldn't get on the power enough without risk of contact so he was able to retake the position. I tried a small move a lap later but it cost me two tires in the dirt and I never saw 6th again. Crying or Very sad That little mistake then gave way to a couple small errors the next two corners. Next thing I know I got a Warpig Zonda on my bumper. After a couple of attempts of him to pass I know to myself I gotta stay at the limit every lap. Then coming out of turn 4 as I ease on the throttle my right rear tire is on the rumble strip, car gets loose goes a bit sideways I correct quickly and think whew....then Bam Whack ahh damn I get hit by the Zonda of Warpig, the hit gives me damage on the rear end and sends be spinning and backwards into the tirewall, ThwAACK 90% rear damage. after the brief moment of considering to DNF I get my badly damage Ferrari back on track and struggle for 37 laps with a car that gets loose every crest or dip in the road under braking and gives me an OH GAWD moment every time I get at the top of the hill into the corkscrew. Running 1:31 at best and 1:33's on average. Getting lapped I think twice or three times. I just wanted to call my mommy. Crying or Very sad

No fault of Warpig. He just had no where to go when I came off that rumble strip.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Ohhh thats why I didnt ever see you. You ran with us GS boys today lol
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Just one week it would be nice to be able to race when/where I qualify at ---- Some in this series are in other series and admit to connectivity issues,some have a 7-11 hookup that blows. I thought this was to be monitored a little better for all concerned. Anyway two weeks in a row I can try to get in a lobby with some of the above mentioned ( you know who you are ) and never get in to go to another lobby and 10 seconds later I'm in that one usually with never a lag or problem. Yes NAT settings checked, wired connection and just over an hour on with Charter right before race time. I was in my assigned lobby with nine others waiting when somone else couldnt get in ---- then I"m asked to go to next lobby down as I may be the problem of it all. Funny as I hear now both lobbies had lag problems so maybe it wasnt' me ya think?Hmm could have been one of the other 8 in the room maybe? Anyway I coulndnt get in Xmans lobby and well we see what he said. Hopefully something will get done/fixed etc,sucks putting in the time to not be able to race.

I did pre-race ,thanks Pred for allowing that -- I'll have a pic to you hopefully tommorow,
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Well! Hate to hear there was so much "action" in GT. Of course it wasn't fun watching my GS teammate, SaintedPlacebo4 bail out of the corkscrew. I know you had what it took took to run with the leaders. We all missed out on what was shaping up to be a great race. Other than that, I had a great experience racing with you guys! Congrats to Tommy Smurf for the GS win, and EZT Gambit in GT.
To all: I am honored to get to race with a group as fast and consistent as you! As far as I could see, it was super clean driving from everyone.

Well, "everyone" except me. I guess I'm having a hard time adjusting to the rolling starts, because I must again apologize to an Aston Martin driver starting in front of me, (Hired Gun) for a small bump before the start finish line. If I remember correctly, someone had already called out "GO!", but we weren't to the start finish line yet so I could not pull out of line to pass you. In the split second that I took to consider this, I ran out of reaction time to slow down before giving you a tap. Of course, this is no excuse. There really isn't any for contact like that I suppose.

In no way do I wish to blame anyone else in this situation, but it is a slight relief to hear I wasn't the only GS driver who may have been slightly confused by the timing of events on that start.

Anyway, I refuse let this pattern continue. Hopefully I can learn from my experiences, and won't be caught off guard again if the car in front of me checks up. It was my assumption that driving a car with as little torque as the setup I had would allow me floor-it and never think about lifting before the first braking zone. Everyone knows what they say about assumptions.

Before my next race, I'll be practicing some rolling starts with my team, maybe drive some different cars so I can get used to being surprised, and having to make quick adjustments before the start/finish line.

Also, before my next race I will seriously upgrade my connection speed. I can't let lag ruin another finish like that. SpeedDemon, your car seemed unaffected from what I could see as I was bouncing from wall to wall on the front straight. If lag affected yours or anyone else's race I do apologize.

It was great racing with you, monette. That was by far longest I have ever raced so closely with anyone! To be able to run such comparable lap times was all the more fun because our cars were so different. Nice job pulling away from me in the end. I don't know if I would have been able to reel you back in at all, but it was going to be fun trying. Hope to see you all on the track (and not halfway under it or flying through the air) next time!
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:07 pm

bigdutyDMomoney: IF you HEAR the GO GO GO, PASS EVERYBODY LOL. Once you hear that command the race is on! Of course do your passin' clean, but once you hear that command Gloves are off.

PROVISIONAL RESULTS UP ON THE WEBSITE
Back to top Go down
jeckel4438

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 am

hey fast I sent you a invite so you could come race with the lobby but you never came in.....

Yes one onther thing I noticed it in my room. if you hear clear and your the front car its up to you to yell GO! GO! GO! just a heads up all
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 am

wasnt that coming out of turn 2 pred? and cmon, you did mess up going into the corkscrew with no rear downforce! lucky that wasn't worse than it was lol, could have easily been. good job on you for sticking it out though man.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:22 am

No. It was turn 4 that I got squirreley and got hit. As for the top of the corkscrew...I was on the brakes early but you were right on me so I didn't want to surprise you and hit em too hard then have you hit me then I would have no doubt hit him harder and it would have been worse. So, I just slowed down in a straight line and was going to let you go under but he surprised me with how long he actually stayed on the brakes before he turned in. Especially since I got on the brakes super early because of the damage to my car. I was on the brakes before I even crested the hill! I also let off the throttle as I went over the lil crest halfway up heading up to the corkscrew. (I had to let off the throttle there after I got hit early because the car would just start to tank slap if I didn't) So, it was a combination of things. But the hit was not hard. I got no damage from it and I don't think he did. Not sure though.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:08 am

Not to bad in a room...but there was a huge gap in the gt cars at the roll start and the next thing was go go go i was least 200ft away from the pack.
Back to top Go down
OLDFenderBender

OLDFenderBender

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 am

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
Good race from Kamikaze and Fender. I think we recreated "the pass" almost perfectly? lolol

I got to my goal which was a top 5. Seemed like every time i had caught one of you, you got two wide and stunk up my run on you. That was a sweet drift on the last lap at the andretti hairpin lol. talk about a clutch save. Looks like us three will be neck and neck in the coming races and i look forward to it on a track that i enjoy.

I still can't get that out of my head lol, I think we passed each other about 15 times in like 6 laps with some butt clenching moments. Props to the both of ya.

Roca and I had a pretty good run going on for about 3/4 of the race as well in B room, and somehow Jpn snuck by us lol.

Grats to the winners of each class.
Back to top Go down
R3troD

R3troD

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 am

Well first off congrats to all the winners of all that classes....

Ahhh Man! I'm really proud of my accomplishments of coming 3rd in ST & GT in my lobbies. cheers I started from the back of the pack in ST cause i made it late to the race never the less it was a tense battle for 3rd 4th & 5th between me RMSpear & forstsc400......the battle started from around lap 14 up to lap 21 until me and forstsc400 broke away from RMSpear. Then it was closing in to the last four laps where i passed forstsc400 and he made a mistake causing me to leave him behind.

Good race you guys hope to see you guys in the same lobby for ST next race.......

Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:20 am

[quote="Admin/PredatorUSMC"]bigdutyDMomoney: IF you HEAR the GO GO GO, PASS EVERYBODY LOL. Once you hear that command the race is on! Of course do your passin' clean, but once you hear that command Gloves are off.

That's the thing the leader never said go go go someone else did. He did the right thing and on go go go. I didn't because it wasn't the leader saying it. Gs starts have been bad both races. There needs some practice here. The leader are accelerating to much out of the last corner and that's makes the last few driver to have to much gap from the leaders. You shouldn't be accelerating off the last corner till the go go go is given. If the leader take the last corner at 70 then he needs to maintain that speed till he calls go go go. Just a tip to the pole sitters.
Back to top Go down
Blahzay xxl

Blahzay xxl

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:29 am

I agree. ..
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:04 am

Sounds like I missed a great race. Sorry I couldn't make it. As close as this season is going to be, missing this one race could have just blown my championship contention. Very upset about this. Not to mention this is my favorite track on the schedule.
Back to top Go down
ox FASTLANE xo

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:06 am

jeckel4438 wrote:
hey fast I sent you a invite so you could come race with the lobby but you never came in.....

Yes one onther thing I noticed it in my room. if you hear clear and your the front car its up to you to yell GO! GO! GO! just a heads up all

Someone in the room was conflicting --- tried to but no luck. Funny as I can get into rooms with 8-10 people,practice,qualify etc but race time I'm the one booted for connect issues and I never lag,lag out etc. Season 7 I never had this problem and it's not my connection, I can go from a lobby that wont connect to a room with known "good connects or racers" and be in around 5 -10 seconds, and yes with a almost full lobby. I know of one person I do conflict with from another series and I'm sure must be others. He would leave a lobby and i could get right in and vice versa....how about first come first served deal in the race lobby....it's getting old not racing after putting in hours each week practicing with friends,teamates etc --- of that i never have a connection issue with Shocked

Last edited by ox FASTLANE xo on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:18 am

Like I said I am sorry for messing up the start never started a lobby before and I was waiting for someone to say GS clear but no one said anything (even when asking for an update) and when someone shouted go go go (not sure if it was from GT or GS) I went for it and totally forgot I was in control of the pack not someone else (like I said I am sorry) and tried my best to back myself up to sainted to try to remove any advantage of the mess up (not sure how successful that was)

Last edited by No1 Tommy Smurf on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ezt Gambit

Ezt Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 am

It was my week end lol 2 wins !!! Yeahhhhhhh!!! Great fight with raceboy at the beginning of ST race before he lagged out (Sorry for that raceboy, I called your internet distributer and payed them,I wont do it again I swear, I was doing to much mistake underpressure, I was going to chiken out so I made the call) after that I was really surprised seeing the opel growing bigger and bigger on my screen, I had a good pace but not as fast as GTDon at the beginning of the race. He did a little mistake and got my way beside him, we were side by side I thought he was going to resist but he played safe and let me pass before turn 4. After that he was behind at an 100 ft keeping up with me, I did a couple of mistakes but he stayed behind. Exciting race!!!

In GT I was flying faster then my fastest lap in practice after finding a new way to pass turn 2 at low rpm in 3 third gear. My teamate DTM Sn1per certainly help me by fighting with Raceboy, because this guy can put some incredible pressure and I am not sure I would have been that fast with Raceboy pressing behind me. I was really surprised Sn1per could fight this hard with him, congratulation Sn1per, Carbonetic 1st and 2nd cheers in GT.

After my best week end on FSCS, see you all next week on my favorite track . Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hiredgun308

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:25 am

I'm not blaming you or anyone else tommy. Its just a tip for the less experience pole sitters.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 am

[quote="Hiredgun308"]
Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
bigdutyDMomoney: IF you HEAR the GO GO GO, PASS EVERYBODY LOL. Once you hear that command the race is on! Of course do your passin' clean, but once you hear that command Gloves are off.

That's the thing the leader never said go go go someone else did. He did the right thing and on go go go. I didn't because it wasn't the leader saying it. Gs starts have been bad both races. There needs some practice here. The leader are accelerating to much out of the last corner and that's makes the last few driver to have to much gap from the leaders. You shouldn't be accelerating off the last corner till the go go go is given. If the leader take the last corner at 70 then he needs to maintain that speed till he calls go go go. Just a tip to the pole sitters.
preach on brother H...
Back to top Go down
RMSpear2698

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 am

retrodward wrote:
Well first off congrats to all the winners of all that classes....

Ahhh Man! I'm really proud of my accomplishments of coming 3rd in ST & GT in my lobbies. cheers I started from the back of the pack in ST cause i made it late to the race never the less it was a tense battle for 3rd 4th & 5th between me RMSpear & forstsc400......the battle started from around lap 14 up to lap 21 until me and forstsc400 broke away from RMSpear. Then it was closing in to the last four laps where i passed forstsc400 and he made a mistake causing me to leave him behind.

Good race you guys hope to see you guys in the same lobby for ST next race.......

I believe that was called "racing, the way God intended it" I tried putting up a legit fight, but my tires had fallen off so bad that I was at the point of no return. Congrats to the winners. I believe Oddball7000 won the B lobby. Great racing once we got everyone settled down. Hopefully like retro said, we will all be in the same lobby again and hopefully for the rest of the year. Great stuff.

"The pass" was re-careated when I took retrodward on the outside coming down the cork-screw. It was one of the craziest things I have ever pulled off. I am most definitely keeping that replay for a while.

Ryan (RMSpear2698)
Back to top Go down
Raceboy77

Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:26 am

Admin/PredatorUSMC wrote:
No. It was turn 4 that I got squirreley and got hit. As for the top of the corkscrew...I was on the brakes early but you were right on me so I didn't want to surprise you and hit em too hard then have you hit me then I would have no doubt hit him harder and it would have been worse. So, I just slowed down in a straight line and was going to let you go under but he surprised me with how long he actually stayed on the brakes before he turned in. Especially since I got on the brakes super early because of the damage to my car. I was on the brakes before I even crested the hill! I also let off the throttle as I went over the lil crest halfway up heading up to the corkscrew. (I had to let off the throttle there after I got hit early because the car would just start to tank slap if I didn't) So, it was a combination of things. But the hit was not hard. I got no damage from it and I don't think he did. Not sure though.

yeh not callin you out, it was lucky that we all know what we're doing or it could have been a mess :p. damn you gambit! i knew you had a trick up your sleeve! nah i was pushing my car so damn hard to keep up with you it was crazy lol i swear my tires were going to blow by lap 5 at least. congrats on the double win and i'll see everyone next weekend when I FINALLY HAVE A GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY Smile
Back to top Go down
XMan4299

XMan4299

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:37 am

NOTE TO SELF - Just keep driving and let the car drop on my car. Sitting in the dirt watching the car float away was just not fun! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca    Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 9 Race 2 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next