Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blackdog Racing's Big Announcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maxximilllion

PostSubject: Blackdog Racing's Big Announcement   Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 am

Not only will the team run a different class but different cars as well, Blackdog Racing is excited to announce they will be campaigning two Chevrolet Camaros in the Pirelli World Challenge GTS Class for 2013, with drivers Tony Gaples and Lawson Aschenbach piloting the race cars.

After 10 competitive seasons in the GT class with Corvettes, Blackdog Racing will be switching cars within the same iconic brand to push for the GTS class Drivers’ Championship, while supporting Chevrolet in Manufacturers’ championship.

“Blackdog Racing has been a staple in the Pirelli World Challenge Series for the past 10 seasons and we’re excited to announce that we will be switching from the GT ranks to run a two-car GTS team in 2013 with Chevrolet Camaros,” said Ray Sorenson, Team Manager. “With veteran driver Tony Gaples and two-time World Challenge Series Champion Lawson Aschenbach joining our team, we’re looking forward to being very competitive with our Blackdog Camaros.”

Both drivers have more than 150 combined starts in Pirelli World Challenge Competition and are ready to become teammates in 2013.

“We’re excited to be back for our 11th season of Pirelli World Challenge racing,” said Gaples. “The timing is right for us to make this change from our GT Corvettes and we expect to challenge for the manufacturers’ and drivers’ championships from the start of the season in St. Petersburg!”

“I can’t say how exciting it is to be in a Blackdog Racing Chevrolet Camaro for the 2013 season,” said Aschenbach. “Tony Gaples and Ray Sorenson have put together a top-flight program and I can’t thank them enough for the opportunity!”

The Pirelli World Challenge GTS class continues to gain momentum, and in 2013 it’s expected that more than 20 cars will be competing in the class in each race.

“The Pirelli World Challenge GTS class is going to be extremely competitive next year and the Chevrolet Camaro has proven it can be a force,” said Aschenbach. “I’m expecting a tough battle, but I wouldn’t want to be in any other car.”

Look for the familiar flat black paint scheme on both Blackdog Racing Chevrolet Camaros at the track next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neinshiza.net84.net

Blackdog Racing's Big Announcement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1