Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hearts and Prayers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TyrannicCymbals

PostSubject: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:56 pm

My heart goes out to everyone in Newton, CT for the senseless tragedy that took place today an elementary school. To anyone in the area, stay strong and talk to someone if you need to.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

The Trevor Helpline
866.4.U.TREVOR

Sad Shocked Crying or Very sad Neutral pale silent Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Its a tragedy. And so close to where my sibling goes to school. Scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:04 pm

I have been watching this unfold most of the day. I just get more pissed off at men like this who because of whatever bothers them they just grab a gun and kill defenseless people then take their own lives. WEAK! Then they say gun control is weak. Focus on the killer not his weapon of choice. Had he used a freakin Ginsu knife and stabbed 10 kids would they say take knives away and regulate who can buy them? I just feel incredible remorse for the families and for the kids who are no longer with us.

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 pm

not exactly sure why this is in the race topic but nevertheless, i'm a canadian and as most canadians are, i'm not a fan of guns. that being said, these people use guns to commit these awful crimes, but that's not the main problem here. mental health has been declining at a rapid rate in the world as time continues, and since having mental health issues is still widely frowned upon and seen as an issue that you should either tough your way through or get over, these crimes will continue to erupt across the world. people who have issues with their mental state rarely get the help they need to deal with that, and that needs to change.

it's a shame that this tragedy happened, i hope these families recover. RIP kids and others who passed <3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:51 pm

My rule is to generally not engage in political topics. However i will say that i do believe that better regulation should be in place as the gun-show laws allow anyone to buy a gun with no background check etc etc. and heres a little food for thought about gun laws and the idea that "guns dont kill people, people kill people" Guns make it easier to kill people. Guns allow cowards who are too afraid to pick up a knife and get up close and person to kill aimlessly. other countries with stricter gun laws, regulation and control dont have over 10,000 dead in one year over murder. Also, before you argue that the other 9,950 people killed in each country were killed by other means, do some research and see how much killing goes on in the US compared to other countries. We have the highest guns per capita rate of anywhere in the globe. 90:100. The current laws and regulations are not enough. Dont hide behind the 2nd amendment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raceboy77

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:03 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
My rule is to generally not engage in political topics. However i will say that i do believe that better regulation should be in place as the gun-show laws allow anyone to buy a gun with no background check etc etc. and heres a little food for thought about gun laws and the idea that "guns dont kill people, people kill people" Guns make it easier to kill people. Guns allow cowards who are too afraid to pick up a knife and get up close and person to kill aimlessly. other countries with stricter gun laws, regulation and control dont have over 10,000 dead in one year over murder. Also, before you argue that the other 9,950 people killed in each country were killed by other means, do some research and see how much killing goes on in the US compared to other countries. We have the highest guns per capita rate of anywhere in the globe. 90:100. The current laws and regulations are not enough. Dont hide behind the 2nd amendment.

well said, sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Its not the guns or gun control that's the issue. Its the people behind the guns that are the problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 pm

Lets keep this as a memorial topic not a political gun control topic.

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm

I very rarely engage in these types of topics, mostly due to the sad nature of them. Since I am not a parent, I cannot begin to know the type of pain and fear that many parents around the nation are feeling right now. I know this, it isn't right nor fair to these twenty children that they don't get to live out life to its fullest. That is the biggest regret I have for them. I cannot fully fathom the amount of pain and suffering that their parents are facing right now, and not to sound callous, but for that I'm thankful. I, as I'm sure all people around the world, hope that whatever demons and issues that those parents and loved ones feel after their children, friends, and spouses were taken away from them that they have the support and care that they need to make it through these tough times. This, as our president has said, has happened too many times and too frequently in the recent year. Hopefully things can change and there won't have to be any more reports about massacres of this scale.

My own heart and prayers go out to the deceased and their families. I wish them the very best in the trying times to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:05 am

Kamikaze1414 wrote:
I very rarely engage in these types of topics, mostly due to the sad nature of them. Since I am not a parent, I cannot begin to know the type of pain and fear that many parents around the nation are feeling right now. I know this, it isn't right nor fair to these twenty children that they don't get to live out life to its fullest. That is the biggest regret I have for them. I cannot fully fathom the amount of pain and suffering that their parents are facing right now, and not to sound callous, but for that I'm thankful. I, as I'm sure all people around the world, hope that whatever demons and issues that those parents and loved ones feel after their children, friends, and spouses were taken away from them that they have the support and care that they need to make it through these tough times. This, as our president has said, has happened too many times and too frequently in the recent year. Hopefully things can change and there won't have to be any more reports about massacres of this scale.

My own heart and prayers go out to the deceased and their families. I wish them the very best in the trying times to come.

+1 Very well said.

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 am

I seen this news on the internet, its a real shame things like this goes on, makes me worry as being over here in the UK gun crime is rising, its bad enough with all the stabbings that goes on (i don't know a person that does not know atleast a few people that have been stabbed) with that being said, i can only think of the pain these families are put through, i am not a parent so i guess i don't know the scale of how traumatized these people are, the closest thing i got to a kid is my niece and i would go crazy if i lost her, so to the heart broken families out there, i hope they get all the mental treatment there is to offer and may the innocent children that did not get there fair chance in life rest in peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/bradsz27
Basicblaq

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 am

My prayers go out to not only the parents who lost a child but also for the parents who have to try and explain to their daughter/son who watch what happened in their schools why or how this could have happened. My youngest is the same age as those kids and I can't understand how anyone could ever take such a young life. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxximilllion

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 am

Absolutely tragic and senseless, Basic is spot on, God bless the families of the victims and the children that have to, not only attend this school in the future, but have seen this unfold on TV and will be attending their own schools with the thoughts of some whack job taking his anger out on them, really gut wrenching.

The sad thing is people using such a tragedy to push their agendas and opinions. Turn over enough stones, you will find the numbers to support your case, instead of the real issues of knowledge, discipline, and responsibility, or the lack thereof.

Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neinshiza.net84.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hearts and Prayers   

Back to top Go down

Hearts and Prayers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1