Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST

Go down 
+6
Dr PiiHB
The LSA
SaintedPlacebo4
bigdutyDMomoney
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Admin/PredatorUSMC
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should ST & SPEC Class run Multi-Class
Yes
Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST I_vote_lcap50%Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 13 ]
No
Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST I_vote_lcap46%Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 12 ]
Unsure
Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST I_vote_lcap4%Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Empty
PostSubject: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:15 am

POLL FOR SEASON X

I want to get some community feedback on this development of Season X
It was in the initial design of the SPEC class to fall into ST performance category with a PI of 530.
I did this to allow for ST and SPEC to be very similar which would not take away from the close racing ST Class has delivered while adding a lil twist to the mix.

SPEC is a completely different class and will have it's own points and championship.
If it would stay multi-class with ST it would be the similar to the current GT/GS.

Please take a moment to vote on the poll question.

Your voting should the SPEC and ST race multi class or should each class race independent of one another.

Last edited by Admin/PredatorUSMC on Thu May 23, 2013 12:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am

I think they should be intertwined but different pointe....as in i am spec qualified third in st first in spec i start third...
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:51 am

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
I think they should be intertwined but different pointe....as in i am spec qualified third in st first in spec i start third...

That would be fun. I would think it would make qualifying more important.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:02 pm

bigdutyDMomoney wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:

That would be fun. I would think it would make qualifying more important.

make it so that the qualifying times are mixed? So that we all race every car for position but not for points? it would be strategic.
Back to top Go down
bigdutyDMomoney

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Exactly. An extra challenge, probably would create more passing opportunities. I can see why you could be on either side of this issue. I still can't make up my mind. I really liked seeing the photographs from the 16 car ST fields even if I wasn't racing in the class. I'll probably run a few races in ST next season though.

Also, as someone who's spend most of the season qualifying near the split between A Lobby and B Lobby, I do often wonder what kind of wheel-to-wheel racing I missed out on with the people from the other lobby.
Back to top Go down
The LSA

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 pm

I can see the reasons why people would want single-class rooms or multi-class rooms. I think multi-class rooms fit better with Pred's intentions for what the series is trying to replicate. Here's an idea: Double-file starts! One side for ST and one for SPEC. Or how about a compromise between the two sides, have some single-class lobbies and some multi-class lobbies.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

i side with no, but if it was done where the fields were completely mixed as if they werent a different class and the only thing different than if it was jsut a bunch of guys signed up in an ST miata was that they were scored independently.

Like how they have those euro cars come over for the road atlanta race. they run competitively with their sister class but they are scored separately. im down for that system.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 2:52 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
i side with no, but if it was done where the fields were completely mixed as if they werent a different class and the only thing different than if it was jsut a bunch of guys signed up in an ST miata was that they were scored independently.

Like how they have those euro cars come over for the road atlanta race. they run competitively with their sister class but they are scored separately. im down for that system.

That's how it would be. Like a sister class with delegate scoring but competing on the same course at the same time.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm honestly torn between the 2 to be honest. I would personally prefer it to be just like GS/GT where there is a seperation between the 2 classes. With the ST races being standing starts, if a SPEC car happens to be in front of a ST car and the ST car gets a better launch, plus on top of the ST car theorectically being faster than the SPEC car, would be the cause for multiple incidents throughout the season, but if the ST cars start up front, just like GT and the SPEC cars start in the rear, in sort of garuntees no collisions at start up. Just my .02
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:06 am

How about we ask Pred to organize an official ST-Spec Exhibition/Test race some time before the season starts so that way he can see first hand how it goes? We would have to wait til it starts to fill up but then we could figure it out first hand.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:07 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
How about we ask Pred to organize an official ST-Spec Exhibition/Test race some time before the season starts so that way he can see first hand how it goes? We would have to wait til it starts to fill up but then we could figure it out first hand.

I'm with this guy.
Back to top Go down
KikRox268

KikRox268

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 pm

I think that's a good idea as well. Fear of the unknown is a big factor
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:26 pm

LSA has found a new setup that will flip all the scepticism....
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 pm

After doing 3 test sessions in ST cars (base 520) they are a second slower than the spec miata. Its going to be interesting to see the spec race with the ST seeing as at base they are faster.
Back to top Go down
TDog2228

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:50 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
After doing 3 test sessions in ST cars (base 520) they are a second slower than the spec miata. Its going to be interesting to see the spec race with the ST seeing as at base they are faster.

i can vouch for this as well, however i think it will be safe to say that the wider, more open tracks such as sunset and indy GP will prove to be the spec miata's downfall vs ST
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:52 pm

TDog2228 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

i can vouch for this as well, however i think it will be safe to say that the wider, more open tracks such as sunset and indy GP will prove to be the spec miata's downfall vs ST

not exactly, i tweaked the gearing and yanked out more down the straight than most of the ST cars i built. Its going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
TDog2228

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:10 pm

SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
TDog2228 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

not exactly, i tweaked the gearing and yanked out more down the straight than most of the ST cars i built. Its going to be interesting.

good point. working on the '95 mustang and at base 520 PI it was running within a half second of my spec miata, sooo its possible they'll be running alot closer than we think
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:39 pm

TDog2228 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
TDog2228 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

good point. working on the '95 mustang and at base 520 PI it was running within a half second of my spec miata, sooo its possible they'll be running alot closer than we think

The miatas will be slower at larger tracks. Even with longer gears they won't run like the mustangs and camaro. Some imports they may keep up with but there's a big difference in 200hp and 300+hp. Even considering the weight difference. Miatas have no torque either.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Dr PiiHB wrote:
TDog2228 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:
TDog2228 wrote:
SaintedPlacebo4 wrote:

The miatas will be slower at larger tracks. Even with longer gears they won't run like the mustangs and camaro. Some imports they may keep up with but there's a big difference in 200hp and 300+hp. Even considering the weight difference. Miatas have no torque either.

What do you consider Sebring? Their handling is crazy and their acceleration is very high. i sat there and compared times. The Miata is faster at Sebring than a base PI ST car hands down.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:52 pm

That is true but how many people are at base pi? Either way it'll be fun since the classes will be battling between themselves and each other. It'll come down to driver to see if st or spec is faster It'll be a blast.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Yeah but when the ST cars get more PI they will beat them in teh straight but still wont out corner them. It will be interesting but im a skeptic.
Back to top Go down
TDog2228

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:57 pm

What do you consider Sebring? Their handling is crazy and their acceleration is very high. i sat there and compared times. The Miata is faster at Sebring than a base PI ST car hands down.[/quote]

i wont say that its faster than all the base PI ST cars, because i actually have the '95 mustang running just as fast as my spec miata, soo yea
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:06 pm

TDog2228 wrote:
What do you consider Sebring? Their handling is crazy and their acceleration is very high. i sat there and compared times. The Miata is faster at Sebring than a base PI ST car hands down.

i wont say that its faster than all the base PI ST cars, because i actually have the '95 mustang running just as fast as my spec miata, soo yea[/quote]

i beat last seasons pole time in a spec.
Back to top Go down
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Painted.....really?.... because at sebring last season EVERYONE was at base pi 10 lower you should have Stomped it ....
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:36 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:
Painted.....really?.... because at sebring last season EVERYONE was at base pi 10 lower you should have Stomped it ....

EXACTLY. arent the Specs supposed to be slower The way i see it PI is given to drivers so that they can keep up with the fastest guy closest to base... so the entire ST field should get over 10 PI to be faster than Spec? doesnt make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST   Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should SPEC Class run Multi-Class with ST
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next