Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Pics from CMP last weekend

Go down 
+3
Polycyclic
xlx Outlaw xlx
OneBigMan43
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OneBigMan43

OneBigMan43

Some Pics from CMP last weekend Empty
PostSubject: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Some Pics from CMP last weekend 05191310
Some Pics from CMP last weekend 05181312
Some Pics from CMP last weekend 05181313

Hey look, it's my brother from another mother!

Some Pics from CMP last weekend 05191311
Some Pics from CMP last weekend 05191312
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Concord Speedway? Ah, I remember that place.

-Shudders-

Nice pictures though. What was going on that day?
Back to top Go down
Polycyclic

Polycyclic

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:37 pm

outlaw, not being a creeper but where in NC are you from?

we used to live off of 601 in concord.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:48 pm

I was living in Statesville for a while. The KOA campground, on I-77, off of exit either 42 or 45, I can't recall right now off the top of my head.

I've currently moved back up to Richmond, VA, but NC still is a temptation. I love the racing scene down there, it's so rich for motorsports of any kind.

I typically do go down once a month for one of the local drift events. I would be going down this weekend, but instead of working every other weekend, I've been given three in a row. Bah, dislike.

Concord is where I put my beloved Rx7 into the wall though. She took it like a champ, but the battle scars are there.

I do miss it down there though. You're not too far honestly from where I was. When I was there, I had a part time job in Cornelius.

There's always something going on down there though. Do y'all get out to many events?
Back to top Go down
Polycyclic

Polycyclic

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:53 pm

no, not really.
we moved to SC a little over a month ago, and we've only went back to NC for a wedding.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Ah, how long were you in NC for, and why did y'all move to SC?
Back to top Go down
OneBigMan43

OneBigMan43

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:00 pm

No, this is Carolina Motorsports Park. This is an awesome track. There some good tracks within driving distance from where I live. VIR, CMP, Road Atlanta, Charlotte Speedway, etc. I really would love to go to Circuit of the Americas in Austin and hope they have that on Forza 5.
Back to top Go down
Polycyclic

Polycyclic

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:04 pm

I lived in NC for 21 Years.
we moved because PiiHB has family here and he couldn't find a job where we were at before.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Ah, the garage area reminded me of Concord, but I see now, yeah. I more or less had just glanced at that. What was going on that day?

There really are a lot of things around here, it's awesome. It's my goal to go to Summit Point at some point this year. I might not drive it though, my only current set of tires definitely aren't the stickiest. I may say what the heck though. I do at least want to check it out for an event.

I hope they have a lot more tracks in Forza 5. They've got some good ones, but there's still oh so many more that would be wonderful.

That's definitely a legitimate reason though. I moved back here in Richmond just because of student loans. I could've taken a decent job out in Raleigh, but I think I'd like to get my student loans paid off before I move out for good. I do wonder how things would have turned out had I gone that route, though.

The Charlotte area really is packed though, and jobs aren't too easy to get. I lucked out hardcore when I was there.
Back to top Go down
OneBigMan43

OneBigMan43

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:14 pm

xlx Outlaw xlx wrote:
Ah, the garage area reminded me of Concord, but I see now, yeah. I more or less had just glanced at that. What was going on that day?

There really are a lot of things around here, it's awesome. It's my goal to go to Summit Point at some point this year. I might not drive it though, my only current set of tires definitely aren't the stickiest. I may say what the heck though. I do at least want to check it out for an event.

I was corner flagging for NASE-Southeast that weekend. They had races, time trials and HPDE's. Next month is Road Atlanta, and I'm going to be driving that one. Good thing with NASA is that me and my wife both work a weekend and get NASA credits that can be used for free track time. One weekend of both of us working an event and the next I can ride free.

My tires are All-Season UHP tires, so I'm in the same boat there. I'll be HPDE 1 and that's a slower group, so sticky's aren't my concern. It's a good way to learn the car.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Ah, I used to do the same thing, sort of. For me, it was that I'd work the events, and sometimes after all was said and done, if there was still time left before we had to pack up and leave, we'd get to run our own cars for a bit.

That'll be awesome running Road Atlanta though. Do you happen to have a camera of any sorts to put on the car? I wouldn't mind seeing it. Smile

That's why I'm still debating on it, because I REALLY want to run the full Summit Point course. I'm rocking Falken 912's, which are in the same category. Part of me figures one track day wouldn't be too bad on them, as much as I wish I had more grip.

I will say that I envy you for having a wife who helps you out in doing so. I'm going to have to start doing that myself again.
Back to top Go down
OneBigMan43

OneBigMan43

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:13 am

xlx Outlaw xlx wrote:
That'll be awesome running Road Atlanta though. Do you happen to have a camera of any sorts to put on the car? I wouldn't mind seeing it. Smile

Yea, I have a GoPro Hero 2 that I will be mounting center of the hatch on the inside. I can post videos after the event.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:47 am

I like the talk about new tracks on forza 5. You guys are funny. You know its going to be the same old thing as one through four. Looks like they added tire smoke (finally). Other than that they will add a fantasy track and have the same ol real world tracks we have now. Yay turn10.
Back to top Go down
xlx Outlaw xlx

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Perhaps, we shall see. I shall remain hopeful. Why not? Better to be upbeat about it.

And sweet. Have fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Came for pics of Garands, left disapointed.
Back to top Go down
Admin/PredatorUSMC
Admin
Admin/PredatorUSMC

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm

When did this become a Forza 5 Discussion? =Thread Hijack Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://forzascs.com/index.html
OneBigMan43

OneBigMan43

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Basticular wrote:
Came for pics of Garands, left disapointed.
Sorry I couldn't get more because I didn't have much time to walk around and take pics.
Back to top Go down
SaintedPlacebo4

SaintedPlacebo4

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:58 pm

i thought it was tommy's thread bc of piihbs response o.o oops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Pics from CMP last weekend   Some Pics from CMP last weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Pics from CMP last weekend
Page 1 of 1