Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poor mans Ferrari in GT?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Empty
PostSubject: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 1:45 pm

So just screwing around offline the other day, thats all I can do, and I decided to play around with some cars in GT class that I never considered. I came across the MC12 and decided, huh that looks like something different that could pass as a race car, especially with a good paint job. I went on to build it to base, 735, PI and discovered that it is an incredible car. Going along with my usual options of heavy and powerful with a good deal of understeer, I obviously loved it. To take weight out of it and get it to around 3000lb you need a very high pi or around 660+ but even at 3400lb it has some pep. With great acceleration and decent top end it could compete very well. It also, once understeer is tuned out, is incredible in the corners. Like other production cars in GT it has a massive amount of downforce. I was mostly wondering if anyone has tried this car out for this class and I haven't seen anyone run it here. With such a great car I am wondering if it has just been overlooked as an option, like I have done with it, or if there is something I am missing that makes it not a good option for the class?
Back to top Go down
EZT Sabre

EZT Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Tommysmurf used it in Season 10. He won at Sedona Razz
It is a good car me thinks.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:28 pm

EZT Sabre wrote:
Tommysmurf used it in Season 10. He won at Sedona Razz
It is a good car me thinks.
It is a great car for GT in my opinion and would be running it in FSCS right now if it weren't for the time difference.

I would say the big issue with the Maserati MC12 is its straight line performance being that of a GS car not a GT car.

This issue is less of a problem now that it does not have to overtake GS cars now.

the other issue that causes it to be overlooked is its PI requiring high PI to be competitive making drivers that typical run lower PI unable to run the Maserati effectively.

but still an amazing car in my opinion and as I said would be running it if I did not have to up at 6:30am in the morning for work when the race would finish around 2am.
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 4:02 pm

With the downforce turned down it is pretty good on top end. It runs pretty well up top in my opinion. With full downforce it lacks a little but it doesnt need all the downforce anyways. Only track it would not hold its own would be le mans. Same basic idea as the porsches in GS, grip for days just not quite enough on top to make up the difference on cars running 10-15 mph more on the straights. I do like it though, it caught me off guard.
Back to top Go down
Matthnt

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Dont forget me tommy, I sent you that build you won with. Can I count that as another win for me?
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 pm

^ As owner of this thread, Ill allow it.
Back to top Go down
No1 Tommy Smurf

No1 Tommy Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:02 am

Matthnt wrote:
Dont forget me tommy, I sent you that build you won with. Can I count that as another win for me?
yeah that is true if it weren't for you getting the Maserati's able to have race weight at a lower PI, I might have not won at Sedona.

(the but the tune I used was JPN's but the upgrades was all you Matt)
Back to top Go down
Dr PiiHB

Dr PiiHB

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:12 pm

i have also discovered a very sneaky very good car in GS class. Did it on what i figured would be a failed attempt at a glitch car but turned out incredible. Anyone care to guess before i say?

hint: it HAS to be glitched in order to fit, it has a top end that falls just short of the cadillac and has handling capabilities to rival porsche, aston, and the ford gt. had i thought to glitch this car before now i may not have ended up running the cadillac for so long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor mans Ferrari in GT?   Poor mans Ferrari in GT? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor mans Ferrari in GT?
Page 1 of 1