Forza Sports Car Series Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Sports Car Series Forums

HomeWEBSITESeries RulesCars To RaceLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Luongo27

Luongo27

What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Empty
PostSubject: What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?   What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Did my first race with my wheel this week, went pretty well bar the two times i manged to select reverse Smile. Wondering what wheels you guys use and how to setup the car for the wheel? I have the Logitech Drivefx pictured below:
What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? 1148513210
Back to top Go down
Basticular

Basticular

PostSubject: Re: What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?   What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Is that new? I didnt even know Logitech made a wheel for the 360.

I have the (now discontinued) Microsoft wheel.
Back to top Go down
monette92

monette92

PostSubject: Re: What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?   What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 pm

season 6:
What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Img_0510

season 7:
What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Img_0616
upgrade LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.Gom-team.com
snowman529

snowman529

PostSubject: Re: What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?   What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:37 am

I use the Fanatec CSR. I have found that you have to set the car up to be tighter. The last thing you want is oversteer. It is much harder to "catch" the car in a slide with the wheel. These are long races, so it's all about comfort. Find a setup you can drive comfortably, then work on making it fast.

There are many different schools of thought on this, and you will get different answers from different guys.....It's all about finding what works for you. For me, softer rear springs and more down force help.

Back to top Go down
ClownNinjaUSMC

ClownNinjaUSMC

PostSubject: Re: What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?   What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:10 pm

snowman529 wrote:
I use the Fanatec CSR. I have found that you have to set the car up to be tighter. The last thing you want is oversteer. It is much harder to "catch" the car in a slide with the wheel. These are long races, so it's all about comfort. Find a setup you can drive comfortably, then work on making it fast.

There are many different schools of thought on this, and you will get different answers from different guys.....It's all about finding what works for you. For me, softer rear springs and more down force help.

I use the CSR Elite/Elite Pedals and I would have to agree with Snowman on the setup of the car. A quality wheels make a HUGE difference in the enjoyment and application of the game itself. A lower end wheel is a good way to tip toe into the wheel experience but I have seen drivers throw their hands up in disgust because of a lower end wheel and the lack of quality feed back they provide. Then they try a quality wheel and found that the problem was not them or the wheel concept, it was the lower end wheel causing the frustration.

As for set up....take out the deadzones and 100% everything else. That is how I run. Give it a try and adjust from there. But remember that my way is not the best....it is just the way I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?   What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What steering wheel do you guys use & setup advice?
Page 1 of 1